GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited because I'm going straight from work to return my RE7s to the GameStops from whence they came tonight! I was going to wait another day, but I want to see how bad that CW show Riverdale is going to be tomorrow night. I'll never understand what possessed them to make a comic book about teenagers who stay perpetually young into a murder mystery TV series. But back on topic, I might even grab my PS3 at the last store I hit so I don't have to go back there. Is preowned better than refurbished when it comes to used game systems at GameStop? Is that the consensus?

With the extra 50 dollars credit for xboxone or ps4 right now im seriously thinking about trading in my ps4 and xbox one s and getting a pro only because I rarely touch my xboxone and my ps4 at this point sounds like a friggin hairdryer.  I mean I enjoy Gears and Forza Horizons on my XboxOne but thats all i play on it and I barely play those so idk.  I just dunno if going to pro is worth it.  *Sigh*

With the extra 50 dollars credit for xboxone or ps4 right now im seriously thinking about trading in my ps4 and xbox one s and getting a pro only because I rarely touch my xboxone and my ps4 at this point sounds like a friggin hairdryer. I mean I enjoy Gears and Forza Horizons on my XboxOne but thats all i play on it and I barely play those so idk. I just dunno if going to pro is worth it. *Sigh*
Take a relaxer and breathe my man. Ifyou dont play your xb1, dumpit while you can get something for it.

However, if youre just getting the pro for the hell of it, dont waste the credit. Trade the system of least importance, get the pro, sit on the credit, or do neither.

I copped the pro and i have a Samsung 4k, and still manage to play my one s more. Hate actually, that i wasted so much credit on a lightly used console.

Bonus should auto apply your console after the EBC code is entered. Some reps might want to see an order confirmation # for your online preorder and some don't care at all so it varies.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the trade-in credit will be automatically applied to your online switch preorder? Have you already tried this? Asking because I called a couple of Gamestops and customer care, and no one seemed to think that there was a way to apply the credit to an existing online preorder - you would just receive credit to use for future purchases.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the trade-in credit will be automatically applied to your online switch preorder? Have you already tried this? Asking because I called a couple of Gamestops and customer care, and no one seemed to think that there was a way to apply the credit to an existing online preorder - you would just receive credit to use for future purchases.
That's what the email said.

So the RE7 trade promo must be 20% + 10%. I picked up one of my copies with some trades and looking at the receipt that what is what is adding up. So its not a base 30% + 10%

Gamestop promo is misleading.

Any new trades in store or trade credit alone cannot be applied to any existing online Switch preorder unless you call customer service and have them attempt to modify the order. I don't recommend this route since there is a chance they can mess up and cancel the order.

Best suggestion would be to wait until you receive your Switch and bring it into any GS store for a return rebuy with any trade credit you have.

So the RE7 trade promo must be 20% + 10%. I picked up one of my copies with some trades and looking at the receipt that what is what is adding up. So its not a base 30% + 10%

Well crap, I was willing to do it at 40% but not at 30%. I'm sure there will be another 40-50% bump soon enough. I'll just keep biding my time and building my stack.

Any new trades in store or trade credit alone cannot be applied to any existing online Switch preorder unless you call customer service and have them attempt to modify the order. I don't recommend this route since there is a chance they can mess up and cancel the order.

Best suggestion would be to wait until you receive your Switch and bring it into any GS store for a return rebuy with any trade credit you have.
The email they sent out says you can trade-in towards your online preorder from 1/23-1/29.

One copy of RE7 got returned with absolutely no issues. The associate kept suggesting that I buy something else right then with the trade card he gave me. When a father and his kids walked in, I used that as an excuse to make my exit. I didn't return the second copy tonight because a crackhead who resembled Tyrone Biggums from the Dave Chappelle Show was loitering outside the second GameStop store. Given what I've learned about crackheads from television, the crack he had smoked might have given him super powers, and he might have sped off with my other copy of RE7 and the receipt. SHAZAM!!!

I didn't want to take a chance, so I'll try again on Friday.

I can confirm it was the same for me today. Still good enough for my trades, but not as nice as 50% would've been.

So what are the chances the move motion controller hold for a month or so until the next 50%? I copped a horde from a local pawn shop for pennies today

Has anyone received an email response from Gamestop customer service in the last two months? I sent three emails between late November and mid-December about online orders they screwed up and never received a response. Both times I've tried calling I was on hold for over an hour before the call cut off.

Has anyone received an email response from Gamestop customer service in the last two months? I sent three emails between late November and mid-December about online orders they screwed up and never received a response. Both times I've tried calling I was on hold for over an hour before the call cut off.
I waited until late Feb. once a couple years ago for a issue that happened in mid December. I swear there are like 3 people in CS to deal with the thousands of issues they have during the holidays.

I still have a preorder for The Division season pass listed as not shipped, despite redeeming it shortly after release. It was a complete nightmare to even get it in the first place, and now it haunts me still.

I still have a preorder for The Division season pass listed as not shipped, despite redeeming it shortly after release. It was a complete nightmare to even get it in the first place, and now it haunts me still.
I have a preorder for the Battlefield 1 Gold Edition that still shows as unshipped.

It says nothing about a preorder that I have in the store. It says my online preorder activated this offer. If it's not for online orders, what's the point?
Dumbs employees. I had to stubbornly, but calmly repeat over and over what the email was for. Apparently they don't know how to read cause it's all on the email I handed them.

Eventually they figured it out. I think they manually adjusted it instead of entering the code on the email. They were confused.

Anybody actually traded today and can confirm that as a PRO member it's 40% not just 30%?

crap I was counting on this and waiting til friday to see if there was a trade bump, looks like its just 30%

One copy of RE7 got returned with absolutely no issues. The associate kept suggesting that I buy something else right then with the trade card he gave me. When a father and his kids walked in, I used that as an excuse to make my exit. I didn't return the second copy tonight because a crackhead who resembled Tyrone Biggums from the Dave Chappelle Show was loitering outside the second GameStop store. Given what I've learned about crackheads from television, the crack he had smoked might have given him super powers, and he might have sped off with my other copy of RE7 and the receipt. SHAZAM!!!

I didn't want to take a chance, so I'll try again on Friday.
When I traded in my WiiU, 3DS, and a bunch of games towards the Switch and had $125 left, I must have said "no" 30 times before the associate finally gave me my gift card so I could leave. Just started using gamestop again recently and I don't remember them being so pushy when I last had PUR ~4 years ago.

Dumbs employees. I had to stubbornly, but calmly repeat over and over what the email was for. Apparently they don't know how to read cause it's all on the email I handed them.

Eventually they figured it out. I think they manually adjusted it instead of entering the code on the email. They were confused.
So it does actually work? I have another Wii to trade in.

When I traded in my WiiU, 3DS, and a bunch of games towards the Switch and had $125 left, I must have said "no" 30 times before the associate finally gave me my gift card so I could leave. Just started using gamestop again recently and I don't remember them being so pushy when I last had PUR ~4 years ago.
I know that their stores don't get hit on returns of new items, but they're probably told to do suggestive selling to ensure that you buy something instead of just taking the card because it keeps that $59.99 in house. The associate seemed to be a really nice guy, so I didn't fault him for just naming random games that he thought I should buy, but I worked retail for many years while in college, so I know all their tricks. Besides, I haven't paid more than $10 for a physical copy of a game at any store for any system since October, so buying another $59.99 new release instead of RE7 doesn't make sense to me. When it comes to GameStop, I typically only buy obscure games that I can't find anywhere else, pick up common stuff during buy 2, get 1 free sales, or wait for good sales on new games like the $20 Doom and $10 Dragon Quest: Heroes and Ratchet & Clank last year. Otherwise, their prices are exorbitant to a "patient gamer" like me. RE7 will hit $20 before the end of 2017. I'll play it then. That said, a copy of Yakuza 0 was sitting behind the counter, ungutted, which is a game I might actually want to play, and I exercised enough self-control to just say no. And, as much as I wanted a 500 gb PS3 for $109.99, GameStop's protection plan is $20, which I found out when I asked the associate, but I'm going to think that over before getting it. I'm such a cheap ass.

Wait so is it 20/30 or 30/40? They have both listed with different start and end dates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It looks like 20/30, which is messed up. I'm glad I checked on here before I went over there today.

Wait so is it 20/30 or 30/40? They have both listed with different start and end dates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I did a trade last night, it came up as 20% then the 10% pro. The promo is misleading on Gamestops website. I think they didn't mention it's 30% with your Pro membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back