GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet we won't see one until after the Switch launches at this rate, they are probably up to their ears in traded in consoles right now and those are cash cows for them.
I wouldn't doubt it, especially since I'm sure that's what most people would be putting their trade credit towards. Currently sitting at $0 trade credit, and I have nearly $500 worth of pre-orders, the closest one being the Pikachu 3DSXL, and I may have to cancel those pre-orders if there is no bonus (since I would be paying straight cash). I would otherwise have enough credit if they ran the promo though, easily.

If they really want to improve their COL bs, give us a trade bonus...
Seriously. More trade offers, discounting pre-owned games when a sealed copy is on sale is a no-brainer, yet GS fails to realize this. I'm now starting to realize why all the stores in my area ran our of Dead RIsing 4 when it was $30 new last month.

Edit: Also, why offer trade bonuses for new releases?

Seriously. More trade offers, discounting pre-owned games when a sealed copy is on sale is a no-brainer, yet GS fails to realize this. I'm now starting to realize why all the stores in my area ran our of Dead RIsing 4 when it was $30 new last month.

Edit: Also, why offer trade bonuses for new releases?
The more reserves you get the better deal you get from publishers.

Getting new releases sold means more you may get back in trade.

i think he means like now the bonus towards resident evil, it made sense before it came out but now you are basically forcing people to buy it new to get the bonus, unless it also works towards pre owned?

i think he means like now the bonus towards resident evil, it made sense before it came out but now you are basically forcing people to buy it new to get the bonus, unless it also works towards pre owned?
They want to see new games when they come out because it makes the publishers happy. Also want to sell those games so you get them back later as a trade. Not like stores are over flowing with a new release game 2 weeks after launch.

I made a purchase at GS with my trade card and saw the tax. My heart broke lol. Not paying the tax when using the trade card here in Texas was a fun ride while it lasted.

I made a purchase at GS with my trade card and saw the tax. My heart broke lol. Not paying the tax when using the trade card here in Texas was a fun ride while it lasted.
vader.jpg

The free movie promo (RE: Retribution) with RE7 purchase may have ended. I bought a collector's edition today and a code did not print out. Maybe someone could try standard. 

The free movie promo (RE: Retribution) with RE7 purchase may have ended. I bought a collector's edition today and a code did not print out. Maybe someone could try standard.
I have the receipt. The code expires 7/30/2017. I already gave it to a user on the forum. It was probably just a preorder bonus.

How long does it take you to get your trade credit back after you use it on an online order that was cancelled by Gamestop?
some people never get it back

I have the receipt. The code expires 7/30/2017. I already gave it to a user on the forum. It was probably just a preorder bonus.
it definitely wasnt only preorders, because i got it for buying it the week of release.

I have a question that I'll try rephrasing so people can actually help me out this time. I need to know if the plan seems plausible.

I'm getting a Nintendo New 3DS Galaxy XL delivered to my home on Tuesday. I paid for it using a combination of trade credit and my credit card. I want to open it up after I receive it, and transfer my account/data from my old 3DS XL to the New Galaxy. After that I will go to my local store to do a return and re-buy. The re-buy will  HOPEFULLY consist of the refunded trade credit, and new trade credit from trading in my old 3DS XL. I want to know if they will let me do all of that, even though I will have opened up the Galaxy box.

I have a question that I'll try rephrasing so people can actually help me out this time. I need to know if the plan seems plausible.

I'm getting a Nintendo New 3DS Galaxy XL delivered to my home on Tuesday. I paid for it using a combination of trade credit and my credit card. I want to open it up after I receive it, and transfer my account/data from my old 3DS XL to the New Galaxy. After that I will go to my local store to do a return and re-buy. The re-buy will HOPEFULLY consist of the refunded trade credit, and new trade credit from trading in my old 3DS XL. I want to know if they will let me do all of that, even though I will have opened up the Galaxy box.
Depends on the store. If i ran the shop, yes. But i can see you being shot down for the same reason you stated, open box.

You should be able to do it though.

I'm getting a Nintendo New 3DS Galaxy XL delivered to my home on Tuesday. I paid for it using a combination of trade credit and my credit card. I want to open it up after I receive it, and transfer my account/data from my old 3DS XL to the New Galaxy. After that I will go to my local store to do a return and re-buy. The re-buy will HOPEFULLY consist of the refunded trade credit, and new trade credit from trading in my old 3DS XL. I want to know if they will let me do all of that, even though I will have opened up the Galaxy box.
As long as they aren't dicks, they should let you do it no problem.

Opened box shouldn't be an issue since you're not trying to actually return it or exchange it.

Damn, I'd love to get a galaxy 3ds. Grats on finding one.

woozie2, on 04 Feb 2017 - 9:19 PM, said:

I would try calling the store that you plan to do the return/rebuy at ahead of time and explain the situation and then ask them. I think the answer that they give you on the likelihood of your plan working would be much more relevant than any hypothetical response that you'll receive on this board since it's likely a YMMV situation.

Check the trash at GameStop. When I went in to return my preorder, they tossed the receipt before I asked for it back.

I can see these articles coming up in discussions with publishers when GameStop is looking for exclusives or pre order bonus deals to be made.

"Now why should we work with a company that will tell the customer our game is out of stock unless it's a copy that you make all the profit from and we make none of?"

I can see these articles coming up in discussions with publishers when GameStop is looking for exclusives or pre order bonus deals to be made.

"Now why should we work with a company that will tell the customer our game is out of stock unless it's a copy that you make all the profit from and we make none of?"
Issue is gamestops still a huge source of sales. It's symbiotic. GameStop won't go under because of a lack of pre order incentive from 1-2 publishers.

Well that makes no sense.

I went go Gamestop to pre-order an item which I saw was on sale.

When they asked how much I want to put down on the item, I said the full amount.

So they rang me up the full amount without the sale price. When I asked what's going on, they explained that while the item is on sale, if the sale ends before the item is released, then I will have to pay the standard retail price.

However, if it's still on sale when the item is released, then I will be refunded the extra amount...

That really makes no sense, at any other store, when you pre-order something at a lower price or the price is lowered before it comes out, they give it to you at the lower price no matter what (Unless it's an absurd price misprint.)

Anyways, I only put down what the sale price would be, and hoped for the best.

(I was using trade credit, which they don't let you use online for store pick up)

Well that makes no sense.

I went go Gamestop to pre-order an item which I saw was on sale.

When they asked how much I want to put down on the item, I said the full amount.

So they rang me up the full amount without the sale price. When I asked what's going on, they explained that while the item is on sale, if the sale ends before the item is released, then I will have to pay the standard retail price.

However, if it's still on sale when the item is released, then I will be refunded the extra amount...

That really makes no sense, at any other store, when you pre-order something at a lower price or the price is lowered before it comes out, they give it to you at the lower price no matter what (Unless it's an absurd price misprint.)

Anyways, I only put down what the sale price would be, and hoped for the best.

(I was using trade credit, which they don't let you use online for store pick up)
To counter that, all on-line pre-orders are final. I ran into that problem when I pre-ordered the Quantum Break bundle when it was on sale for $250. I was informed in store that if the X1 went back to regular retail by the time it released, I would have to pay the difference. I was told I could make the order online and not have to worry about it, which is what I did.

edit: ahhhhhhh. Didn't see the part about store pick up

As others have said, it'd probably be best to give the store a call first. Many stores are usually cool and understanding since Nintendo is stuck in the past when it comes to account management. This return/rebuy method was recommended a lot when they did the $100 trade in offer when you put a 3ds or vita towards one of the New 3ds XL.

What do you lose for letting PUR lapse?  Mine expires in 3 days, but figure I should wait til pro day to re-up so that I can get the added bonuses.

To counter that, all on-line pre-orders are final. I ran into that problem when I pre-ordered the Quantum Break bundle when it was on sale for $250. I was informed in store that if the X1 went back to regular retail by the time it released, I would have to pay the difference. I was told I could make the order online and not have to worry about it, which is what I did.

edit: ahhhhhhh. Didn't see the part about store pick up
Yep. I was going to order it online but they want it all in cash and won't take the trade credit which will cover the whole thing.

Why can’t I use my GameStop gift/Trade card for this order?
GameStop gift/Trade card redemption is not available for online orders containing in-store pick-up products. You may use your GameStop gift/Trade card for payment when you pick your order up at the store. To redeem a GameStop gift/Trade card or gift certificate, remove the in-store pick-up products from your cart and place a separate order.

You will fuck their COL score....
The Ironic thing in all this is the timing that Kotaku ran this article. COL has been a thing since I think August that they have really focused on but now its not as much the focus. I haven't actually gotten a COL report since the 26th and the focus now is really PRO, Res and GPG.

I got $85 store credit for a non-working Nintendo 3DS a few days ago.  Pretty surprising.  My working 3DS XL is only worth an additional $40 store credit.

The Ironic thing in all this is the timing that Kotaku ran this article. COL has been a thing since I think August that they have really focused on but now its not as much the focus. I haven't actually gotten a COL report since the 26th and the focus now is really PRO, Res and GPG.
I make a real effort to gpg and prp everything i buy from my reps.

I even placed a gpg on my gwent packs. Anything that could help the people who have to deal with me

Look, it's Gamestop's Sean Spicer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back