GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a 50% extra trade credit promo tomorrow for Switch game and accessory pre-orders.
I think he's asking if the base TIV for the Dualshock 4 controllers is going to be $27.50 base ($44 after the TIV bonus). That has been the case in the past. Didn't reflect the $27.50 on the app/website, but that's what the base TIV was in-store.

Assuming that the 50% bump for Switch game preorders is true, can Has Been Heroes which is $19.99 be used to do a preorder? I guess none of us will know until the bump is actually applied.

It's official. It's on the front page of their weekly ad.

"Get up to 60% Credit when you trade toward the pre-order of any new Nintendo Switch game or accessory."

PUR 60%. Others 50% Extra Credit

Valid through 2/26/17 Games and Accessory Trades Only. Not Valid toward Cash Trades.

Assuming that the 50% bump for Switch game preorders is true, can Has Been Heroes which is $19.99 be used to do a preorder? I guess none of us will know until the bump is actually applied.
Dude, you literally just asked if a Switch game will work for the Switch game/accessory preorder bonus

I remember that you couldn't preorder games that were $19.99 at GameStop back in the PS2 days. I didn't know if that policy had changed. It's a legitimate question.
there's gotta be a limit, coz some Switch accessories are only $7.99...I highly doubt those will work, knowing GS...

Anyways... did anyone's GS app also sign them out? I was just looking thru the app & noticed I was signed out...the last time this happened last year (without me manually signing myself out) I got notified of a tradeban when I tried to do a tradein instore... I haven't hardly traded in anything the last 30 days... or any suspicious activity other than doing multiple trades in 1 day at the same store to utilize the $5 bonus trade in coupon + free tshirt promo...ugh -_- coz at another store they said they can only do 1 trade in per day per member & that it was illegal for someone to do multiple trades at the same pawn shop in 1 day or something like that (first time I had ever heard of a limit like that but who knows...)

"Get up to 60% Credit when you trade toward the pre-order of any new Nintendo Switch game or accessory."

Valid 2/26/17 Games and Accessory Trades Only. Not Valid toward Cash Trades.
giphy.gif

I'm glad I saw this, as I have a ton of games that i should probably go ahead and trade in. I hope there's not a minimum value needed to preorder something, as there are only a couple of Switch accessories that I wouldn't mind preordering from Gamestop instead of Amazon since I'm not getting 20% off on those (unlike the games, obviously, which means I have no desire to preorder any of those from them). The only thing is that they're inexpensive - the most expensive one I want to get is the car charger at $12.99. 

And to ask a painfully newbish question: as long as I'm preordering even one thing that qualifies as a Switch game or accessory, there's no limit to how much I can trade in on that transaction, right? E.g. I can (hopefully) preorder that $12.99 charger and proceed to trade in $100+ worth of games.

there's gotta be a limit, coz some Switch accessories are only $7.99...I highly doubt those will work, knowing GS...
I think any accessory will work. I bought clearance $2-$3 stuff to trigger a promo in the past. Even if it is restricted, just preorder any game and roll that preorder into something else later.

I'm glad I saw this, as I have a ton of games that i should probably go ahead and trade in. I hope there's not a minimum value needed to preorder something, as there are only a couple of Switch accessories that I wouldn't mind preordering from Gamestop instead of Amazon since I'm not getting 20% off on those (unlike the games, obviously, which means I have no desire to preorder any of those from them). The only thing is that they're inexpensive - the most expensive one I want to get is the car charger at $12.99.

And to ask a painfully newbish question: as long as I'm preordering even one thing that qualifies as a Switch game or accessory, there's no limit to how much I can trade in on that transaction, right? E.g. I can (hopefully) preorder that $12.99 charger and proceed to trade in $100+ worth of games.
I'm going to preorder that wrist strap holder thingy for $8 and have a couple of hundred things to trade today. lol. Hopefully it works :)

Edit: I've got $404 to trade

Any east coasters going in at 10am?

There is no limit and you do not have to pay off your preorder in full even if it goes over. You only have to put the minimum $5 down.

Debating whether to trade in GameCube controllers. These should be easy to find in the future, right?

I haven't used them in about a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Valid 2/26/17 Games and Accessory Trades Only. Not Valid toward Cash Trades.
So valid one day only?

Dead Rising 4 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 dropped in value. Damn a lot of the higher values dropped. Pokken went up to $25. Damn I should of checked values before my massive trade in.

Finished Dishonored 2 recently and I noticed the TIV dropped from $17.50 yesterday to $15 today.  Not a huge diff, but I'll just trade it into best buy while it still has a 50% bonus, that way I don't have to pre order a switch game and then cancel it later.

I'm so slow at games, I bought Mafia 3, Dishonored 2, Ezio Collection, and Homeland during the black friday deals expecting to finish them all before Mass Effect / Horizon Zero Dawn and I've only finished one of them.  Loving Ezio collection though, playing that a few hours a week between Titanfall 2 and Modern Warfare and even though the visuals are dated its such a stark contrast between modern game design and the older era.

Ya most of the PS4 X1 games I traded in dropped to $15 while some Nintendo ones went up and down. I think it relates to the recent price drops though. Final Fantasy XV plummeted.

Flips GS --> BB (GS B1G1 30% off sale)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

BioShock The Collection

Probably a newbie Q, ok, definitely a newbie Q: do you get a 50 percent bonus on just game trade ins toward Switch games or for all (console, electronics, etc.) trade ins toward Switch games?

So I basically rewrote my GS code the last few days due to the new findings last weekend. The entire GS game query used to take me 90-100 minutes to complete while running on 16 threads. Now I can run one in 5 minutes on a single thread. I am hoping to do my first "production run" tomorrow morning. This query now includes TIV and SKUs for not yet released games that are already in their system and games that GS has taken down off the website and the app for whatever reason. It should also include all missing prices and TIV for various retro games that show up as NA on the webpage.

EDIT- Forgot to mention that due to this I will temporarily not have GS new prices available for now.
Sorry going to have to delay this a little longer, had a small glitch I noticed this morning I need to fix.

I just finished my trip and wanted to note that some of the accessories on the site are evidently not available for preorder in-store, including the $12.99 car charger that I was looking at. One of the $19.99 Zelda cases that I was somewhat interested in did work, however, but I'll likely end up returning it/moving the credit elsewhere since I have Breath of the Wild's Master Edition preordered and like that case more. I obviously don't know exactly which items do and don't work, but you may want to call your Gamestop to confirm what's in their system and available for preorder in-store before running out there (assuming you actually want one of the accessories and aren't simply going to move your deposit anyway). 

That makes less sense then your previous post.
Say you only have 70 bucks in stuff to fulfill via pre order. But you have 150 in trade ins. Will they pro rate the 80 since it's not applying to switch pre orders. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that. If you're not sure don't answer I'll just go find out myself.

Say you only have 70 bucks in stuff to fulfill via pre order. But you have 150 in trade ins. Will they pro rate the 80 since it's not applying to switch pre orders. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that. If you're not sure don't answer I'll just go find out myself.
Yes you will get the $80 back as credit and the $70 will go to the preorder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes you will get the $80 back as credit and the $70 will go to the preorder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thank you, that one was getting out of hand.

Takes more energy for a snappy reply than a helpful one, though I suppose the snappy reply is more fun.
I think the opposite, which is why you see so many unhelpful replies to these questions. I think it would be easier just to reply to a post with a question that was asked for the umpteenth time by saying, "Check the FAQ" but it looks to be outdated. As does much of the OP's first posts in this thread.

Does anyone want to volunteer to start a new thread?

Can someone confirm if I go to the store and put a 5 dollar down on a preorder switch game, the 60% tradein applies?
It will. If the employee tells you that you HAVE to put the entire trade amount towards the pre-order, that isn't true.

Just ask them to put the extra credit on a trade card. In fact, doing this is pretty much the reason that most of us trade in at GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back