GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really lost anything on trade-in this time (excluding the pokemon games, which I'll just hold onto until the next 50% boost, if the TIV goes up then), but I have broken even on some games I bought specifically to flip, namely The Last Guardian, which I had thought I had hit the jackpot when I got 2 copies for $25 each... and then the game's MSRP dropped. Sorta annoyed about that, but that's what I get for buying before and not during the promo period. Always buy games during the trade-in bonus promo period in order to make the most bang for your buck and not have to count on luck or hoping that the TIV holds.
I probably lost like $10-$20 this time, not a big deal though I have 25 items to take in. Your right though, buying during the promo is absolutely the way to go.

Any GS app users see their pre order balances showing higher than the actual amounts shown on receipts? My pikachu 3ds and my Zelda game show 15 and 10 more in the app than the store shows on receipts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Gamestop won't give you the bonus trade credit after your items exceed the price of the item you need/have to purchase for the bonus?

I.E., say your trading 5 items toward a $60 item and you get a 20% bonus when you trade toward that item... 2 of your items with bonus exceed the $60 amount, so the other 3 items you won't get the bonus for.

I swear this had happened last year when I was trading in toward Battleborn.

Currently you get a 40% bonus when you trade games and accessories toward ANY accessories.

Anyways, I am trading in my PS4 (Got a Pro to replace it), my spare controllers, and a few games... toward grabbing a couple new controllers, and putting the rest into pre-orders/memberships/etc.

So I want to make sure I get the best trade in deal, and am not sure if I should trade everything together or as 3 separate trades.

(The system for the $50 bonus, the rest for the accessory bonus, and then whatever is left)

(I really do hope I am wrong)

Correct me if I am wrong, but Gamestop won't give you the bonus trade credit after your items exceed the price of the item you need/have to purchase for the bonus? (I really do hope I'm wrong)

I.E., say your trading 5 items toward a $60 item and you get a 20% bonus when you trade toward that item... 2 of your items with bonus exceed the $60 amount, so the other 3 items you won't get the bonus for.

Currently you get a 40% bonus when you trade games and accessories toward ANY accessories.

Anyways, I am trading in my PS4 (Got a Pro to replace it), my spare controllers, and a few games... toward grabbing a couple new controllers, and putting the rest into pre-orders/memberships/etc.

So I want to make sure I get the best trade in deal, and am not sure if I should trade everything together or as 3 separate trades.

(The system for the $50 bonus, the rest for the accessory bonus, and then whatever is left)
Every item you trade will get the bonus

Correct me if I am wrong, but Gamestop won't give you the bonus trade credit after your items exceed the price of the item you need/have to purchase for the bonus?

(I really do hope I am wrong)
no no no no incorrect. I preordered a $7 Joy-Con strap and, as usual, the bonus still applied to every game I traded in.

Every item you trade will get the bonus
no no no no incorrect. I preordered a $7 Joy-Con strap and, as usual, the bonus still applied to every game I traded in.
Thank you, I swear last year I pre-ordered BattleBorn for the 50% bonus (back when it was hyped) and when I didn't get it... that was the stores' explanation...

THOUGH I also ordered the DIGITAL version, which might have been the problem.

One last question, do the promotions over ride or stack with the 10% PUR?

AKA do you get the 10% and the promotion, or just the promotion?

One last question, do the promotions over ride or stack with the 10% PUR?
AKA do you get the 10% and the promotion, or just the promotion?
Pur stacks regardless. No restrictions. In fact, pur is first.

Example, a $10 game plus a 50% bonus will be calculated as $10 plus pur at 10% plus the bonus of the $10, netting $16 not the $10 plus the bonus 50% then the extra 10% netting $16.5

Pur stacks regardless. No restrictions. In fact, pur is first.

Example, a $10 game plus a 50% bonus will be calculated as $10 plus pur at 10% plus the bonus of the $10, netting $16 not the $10 plus the bonus 50% then the extra 10% netting $16.5
Oh I know, if it's a 40% bonus, you get a 50% bonus... ($10 x 1.1) + (10 x 1.4) = $15

It doesn't do the PUR first since you get more that way.. 1.4($10 * 1.1) = $15.4

No, there is no order bonuses are calculated in, they are both bonuses on the base trade value. However, the order of % off and $ off coupons does matter on purchases, but we have no control over that except that $ off always goes first, even before the sale discount like b1g1-30%off

Thank you, I swear last year I pre-ordered BattleBorn for the 50% bonus (back when it was hyped) and when I didn't get it... that was the stores' explanation...
THOUGH I also ordered the DIGITAL version, which might have been the problem.
I don't think promotions also work on the digital version of a game. That's probably your problem right there.

If you have the 10% eBay bucks promo then it looks like a good deal. Will you be charged tax?

I have a 500 gb xbox one with a drive that's now grinding when I load a disk. Had considered using it as a download only console, but for the current trade in and the 1tb halo wars 2 package I am kind of considering an upgrade. I kind of want that blue gears console though as well.

Would have to renew my power up pro membership first I guess.

this is off topic but i hope someone can help:

whats the make and model of the small monitors GS use to test consoles? sometimes i buy stuff off CL and i have no way of testing them. a small monitor with HDMI and RCA input would be good. thanks in advance! 

I have a 500 gb xbox one with a drive that's now grinding when I load a disk. Had considered using it as a download only console, but for the current trade in and the 1tb halo wars 2 package I am kind of considering an upgrade. I kind of want that blue gears console though as well.

Would have to renew my power up pro membership first I guess.
I want that blue gears console but I already have gears.

this is off topic but i hope someone can help:

whats the make and model of the small monitors GS use to test consoles? sometimes i buy stuff off CL and i have no way of testing them. a small monitor with HDMI and RCA input would be good. thanks in advance!
Are you talking about the GAEMS systems? Some gs also use regular tvs.

I have a question.

Will the $5 coupon and 50% switch game bonus stack? Trying to get rid of a couple of games with less than $10 TIV, but I'm not sure if it is safe to do it.

I want that blue gears console but I already have gears.
Id rather have the red one, looks cooler and way more special, still extremly overpriced tho imo, Im suprised there hasnt been an ebay sale on them or something, I still see them in Best Buys and stuff around me so they cant be that rare, the system looks amazing but when you can get XB1S with like 3 games for 250 and the red gears XB1 is like 450. No Thanks

Kinda running out of things to flip, feels wasteful not doing a run each day during a 50% bonus. A stealth bump and some boomerangs would be nice

Tomorrow will be my day to finally trade. Got everything in yesterday, mostly Amazon warehouse deals and best buy b2g1 stuff. I figured I'd go tomorrow before I go to work

Blackbeard, when we get closer to the Switch launch can you please run a list of stores lucky enough to get Zelda Master Editions in stock? There were a bunch of Amazon cancellations and I think it might be useful for CAG members who had theirs cancelled.

Kinda running out of things to flip, feels wasteful not doing a run each day during a 50% bonus. A stealth bump and some boomerangs would be nice
The very low number of boomerangs has been disappointing. I really don't like putting in more money to flip. I still think fondly back to the big boomerang flip last May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back