GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the consensus on using a B2G1 coupon from another PUR account?

From what I remember, accounts were getting banned when using $ off coupons from other accounts. Just wanted some clarification.

Does anyone know if the $5 additional coupon is still valid?

What about the additional 10% bump coupon? does it stack with the switch accessories pre-order bonus?

Is it for real that the trade credit limit is 9,000?? Don't people get ban after 1500 - 1600 of tradeins in a month?
No, no one knows exactly what it is but consensus is any total in credit over $1999.99 in 30 days probably will auto trade ban your account for 90 days. In my opinion anyone who got trade banned before that might of done something that a Junior Detective thought was suspicious so they flagged their account / their trade and purchase behavior was suspicious flagged by LP / they went over the 4 item limit in 30 days.

I did $670 today and I'm about out. I did a couple of boomerangs but not many because most of the good ones werent available and I'm on a "no fly list".

Flipped 35k in points. Hoping my points from today pop up so I can liquidate them.

$375 on Monday(some of the values are higher today)
$400 last Friday.

Wow some solid boosts on trade in values. Picked up a few boomerangs at lunch but I'm going to go through my backlog and see what's worth trading in tonight.

In case it hasn't been mention, in the email that GS sends out that says "hey you have xx games worth $xxx.xx." It states " promotional values guaranteed through 2/27."

What exactly does this "skid mark" mean? Did you take shit on the counter the last time you were there?
Lol I just mean a Jr detective has his eye on this guy. Just gotta take the heat off.

Can you dump your games at another gamestop where there will be a different clerk working?

Lol I just mean a Jr detective has his eye on this guy. Just gotta take the heat off.

Can you dump your games at another gamestop where there will be a different clerk working?
Just wear these:

Bad-Disguise-SLAPP-copy.jpg

Easily, I plan on trading them in at a GS about an hour away actually. Think I'm gonna go for it. Even if I get the 90 day ban, I still gotta sign my wife up for a PUR account, so I'll be fine either way.

I did $670 today and I'm about out. I did a couple of boomerangs but not many because most of the good ones werent available and I'm on a "no fly list".

Flipped 35k in points. Hoping my points from today pop up so I can liquidate them.

$375 on Monday(some of the values are higher today)
$400 last Friday.
Can you explain in simple terms how the boomerang works? I've got $350 in Gamestop credit that I want to send back to best buy and then sell back to Gamestop. I'm just wondering how to read the sheet to find out the best credit movers from Gamestop to bestbuy. Do I need a b2g1? Thanks!

Well shit, now idk if I should re-up my PUR to get a B2G1. If the coupon came by Sunday then it'd be a big gain but if not it'd be a waste. Does anyone who has done it recently know how long it takes for the coupon to show up in the app? I've had it take 1 day but also remember it taking longer

Fun conversation overheard at a GameStop.

Excessively redneck woman: what is the Game Informer magazine?

Female employee: only like the most popular video game magazine in the world..

Can you explain in simple terms how the boomerang works? I've got $350 in Gamestop credit that I want to send back to best buy and then sell back to Gamestop. I'm just wondering how to read the sheet to find out the best credit movers from Gamestop to bestbuy. Do I need a b2g1? Thanks!
The games trade in value is bigger than the original purchase price.

Gamestop won't buy your Best Buy credit.

B2g1 always helps.

Damn, Fire Emblem Conquest is $24.75 with PUR? So about $33 with the bonus 50%? I might have to unload it. Dragon Ball Fusions and both DQ games also fetch a nice TIV with the bonus! 

Bravely Default for about $27? I paid $20 for it. Should I just trade it in or will it be rare?

Fyi I know it's not universal, but I just found a clearance copy of DriveClub at target for $9.98; after Stealth bonus and boost it trades in for $19.20 and if you have the $5 card $24.20...

Just sayin

Confirmed Gamestop is starting to receive Switch consoles! (Numbers represent stores in the country)

Gray Console:

New In Stock: 1
New Low Stock: 2
New No Stock: 297
Sample Range: 5 - 8
National Range: 65 - 104
National Estimation: 84

Traded in all my games for a ton of credit.  Folks gotta have more faith in the obvious stealth bumps especially when all the signs are there.

Just to echo beard's confirmation, both of my gamestops already had their consoles, accessories, and games for switch in inventory for March 3rd.  I think there was a guy scanning them in or something.

Click on the tab with the 50% boost. You'll have to preorder a Switch game or accessory, which triggers the bonus. There are dozens of games that return back for more credit than their purchase price. 

Im an extreme amateur at this, but the only one in the positive is Bad Company 2 for 61 cents unless Im reading something wrong. *Goes back to just observing thread*
You need to account for bonuses as well. If you buy a game for $15 that has a trade value of $12, you'd just need to factor in the trade bonus (for preordering Switch games right now) and the trade value jumps to $19.20. Boomerang for a $4.20 profit! Those numbers are just an example of course.

Went to a GameStop way out of my way, anyways the associate was being a complete **** to a 10 year old girl. Told the mom to give him a negative survey. When I got home I realized he sold me the bayonetta 2 with the first disc in it but charged me for the normal edition. So $18 flip there.

Click on the tab with the 50% boost. You'll have to preorder a Switch game or accessory, which triggers the bonus. There are dozens of games that return back for more credit than their purchase price.
Oh ok, I have the Switch and Zelda master edition thing I preordered on day 1 but I have no interest in either one, just got caught up in the hype. So I wont preorder a Switch game just to turn around and cancel it. Dont want to hurt the employee.

Thanks everyone for the alert on today's bump.  

I just bought two copies of smash off ebay for $42 (10 off 50 coupon right now).. which will replace the two copies I traded today at $48 apiece.

I'm glad I ordered a little extra from the last best buy VCO deals.  $13 games trading in for $36

The bad news: both of my pikachu 3ds' are TN panels.  First world problems.

Ok simply put, I am quite pissed off so I am just venting here.

As I said, thanks to a deal I got.. I upgraded to a Playstation Pro
So I went to trade in my Playstation 4 to Gamestop and they would NOT take it because it was dusty. The worker explained he would take it but his manager is extremely anal about dust on the system.

The side vents had dust around them from normal use, since the day I've bought the system I've had it on a shelf 6inches or higher off the ground but never felt the need to dust the console off now and then. However the heat exhaust vents on the back were perfectly clear with no sign of dust on them.

After I was told they could not take the system, I literally went next door to Gamestop to a SuperMarket, bought a can condensed air for computers, and a microfiber cloth. I blew out the side vents, then wiped off the system, it looked brand new save for normal wear and tear.. took it back and traded in,

As I walked out, the manager was walking in to clock in so I asked her about the dust policy. She said they cannot take a console in if it's Nasty, and can't just be cleaned off. So I explained, that my system just had dust on it, it's not nasty, I don't smoke and I take care of my console (except for not dusting off my tv stand/systems regularly.... ever). She then tried to explain that heavy dust on the system can't just be blown off/wiped off and if she opened it, it would be inside the console and have damaged the system, so she and her employees are not supposed to take those systems.

I just blew her off and left annoyed. I had gotten my trade in with bonus, but just frustrated. On the way out, the other people in line behind me, along with the people I went to the store with just told me to calm down.. she was just being a total asshole/prick/jerk about the whole thing and move on.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but the console is pretty well protected. The vents on the sides of the system are heat dispersal but really have no access to the components due to shielding, while the exhaust vents on the back are the more important and fragile ones due to the fans blowing out the excess heat. Also, the only damage dust can cause, is it may insulate the heat, and cause the system to over heat.. normal dust should not conduct electricity and cause the board to short (though I can see static causing this problem).

But, I made over $300 in store credit with promotions so I am quite happy.

Also yes, I realize I made a pun about needing to "vent".....

Thank you to anyone who read this post, I know sometimes I come in here annoyed but it feels good to let it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back