GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a brand new copy of Shadow of Mordor GOTY (PS4) from BBY to flip to GS, I unwrapped it and opened it and to my surprise, the game case was empty! wtf Best Buy!

Oh ok, I have the Switch and Zelda master edition thing I preordered on day 1 but I have no interest in either one, just got caught up in the hype. So I wont preorder a Switch game just to turn around and cancel it. Dont want to hurt the employee.
You could always pick it up and return it later.

Ok simply put, I am quite pissed off so I am just venting here.
I had a silimar experience with my fat XB1. Just take it to another store if you have that ability. I told the overbearing store manager that I disagreed with his appraisal and would just take my business to another store. "By the way, I have a preorder I've been meaning to cancel.."

Stores with Gray Switch in stock:

Newburgh T/C,1433 ROUTE 300,NEWBURGH NY 12550
Brenham Crossroads,103 Hwy 290W,Brenham TX 77833
Lake Jackson,121 Hwy 332 W STE D,Lake Jackson TX 77566
Sunrise Mall,212 Sunrise Mall,Massapequa NY 11758
Bryan Freedom Center,3203 Freedom Blvd. Suite 600,Bryan TX 77802

I had a silimar experience with my fat XB1. Just take it to another store if you have that ability. I told the overbearing store manager that I disagreed with his appraisal and would just take my business to another store. "By the way, I have a preorder I've been meaning to cancel.."
>_> I did that too..

To get the $300 bump I ordered a Switch strap from the employee who took the system, and canceled it with the manager later.

just got an email about a survey for gamestop, i guess they are thinking of doing another tier of PUR Pro that is $30 a year and gives you 20% bonus on trade ins and 20% off used games, also free 2 day shipping and 10% off collectibles.

I finished the survey, alot of options they were throwing out to pick from what you would prefer in a new membership level. i saw a mention of a $70 level where you get a free game with sign up, a 7 day no questions asked return policy for new games, 20% off new games, and then a bunch of crap that they will probably actually implement that included stuff like free shipping at think geek and charging extra for the physical version of game informer.

also a mention of changing the birthday gift and options for that.

Shout out to Blackbeard: never thought about going to goodwill. Hit my one in BK up got madden 16 and just dance Wii 17 for ten bucks got 45? Or so in credit trade in. Hollaaaa

just got an email about a survey for gamestop, i guess they are thinking of doing another tier of PUR Pro that is $30 a year and gives you 20% bonus on trade ins and 20% off used games, also free 2 day shipping and 10% off collectibles.
If it stacks maybe worth it: if not meh. I'd rather they do ten or 20 off new like amazon and Best Buy.

man, it really hurts to be temp ban. got 30 or so more days before the flag is lifted.  worse of all, i have 4 copies of TF2 and 2 copies of Spidey waiting for me at BBY for store pickup ordered last week via vco and TF dotd... 

anyone know if it's possible to make a new pur acct (CA resident) and continue trading as usual?

Blessed are employees who will let you do multiple transactions so you can use like 8 $15 off coupons 🙌
My person tried to be slick and use two in the same transaction. I wasted him about it and he caught his mistake. Ended up giving me a discount value like my certificate on another game in the transaction. So I saved about $7 there.

Is it better for their COL of the average transaction is higher? They always seem to give me grief.

Gray Joy-Cons are in stock:

New In Stock: 283
New Low Stock: 10
New No Stock: 7
Sample Range: 859 - 1708
National Range: 11167 - 22204
National Estimation: 16686

Is it just me or did they stop issuing the one time use 20% birthday coupons?
i got one last year, i thought i heard people mentioning they got one last month or earlier this month. i thought what they changed was from a generic code (that anyone could use) to a one time use code.

What kinda crappy gamestop takes 2 of the same trades? Thats a fake gamestop, get out while you still can.
I was ready for him to say that. I only tried it because it was my only duplicate and I really didn't want to go to another store. I was pretty thrilled and they didn't seem to care at all. They even said how a lot of people have been buying 2 so a friend can play with them.

I also haven't been getting birthday coupons anymore. Figured it was because I used them like 500 times when they were generic EBC codes a few years back

im glad i cant pass up a new $10 game at gamestop, pretty much every game they have dropped the price to $10 since black friday is now trading in for twice that with the promo.

brought in a stack of games to trade and the flustered cashier accidentally scanned the same game twice. i had a huge moment of moral dilemma on whether to tell him about his mistake or not. 

what would y'all have done?

Can you use a buy 2 get one free coupon together with a $5 reward certificate? A cashier tried to do it, but she claimed it applied the discount to the free game. She also said that they don't throw away DS cases, so I'm not sure if I should have trusted her judgement. I used it on another game though, and it only cost ~$2 with $5 certificate.

brought in a stack of games to trade and the flustered cashier accidentally scanned the same game twice. i had a huge moment of moral dilemma on whether to tell him about his mistake or not.

what would y'all have done?
I wouldn't tell him and just play dumb when he catches his mistake.

Just went to Best Buy and they have Mordor, Spider-Man 2 there even tho the website said out of stock during the visa checkout promo. Also now I'm at target, Ezio collection is on sale for 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back