GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks. My trades that I made last Friday went up in price. I could have gotten $20 more in trade in credit. :(
I know the feeling. I lost out on $25.50. :(

I don't suppose they will give you back the difference if it was only a few days ago? I assume no, but one could hope.

How does $117 trade in credit sound for a first timer and if u only spend $16. It would be dying light, need for speed rivals amazing spiderman 2, and an Xbox one controller.

Sad day today for me, went today to trade some things only to be denied and found out I'm trade banned for 90 days :( *SOBS* last time I traded was about a month ago and I'm sure I'm within my game count and credit limits, pretty sure I got jr detective'd somewhere along the line.

Has anyone been able to create a secondary PUR account using their same name, same mailing address, different phone number, different email and use a US passport as a valid ID for trading in? Located in TX if it means anything.

Hoping someone can shed some light on a fellow CAG, thanks in advance!

Sad day today for me, went today to trade some things only to be denied and found out I'm trade banned :( *SOBS* last time I traded was about a month ago and I'm sure I'm within my game count and credit limits, pretty sure I got jr detective'd somewhere along the line.

Has anyone been able to create a secondary PUR account under the same name, same mailing address, different phone number, different email and use a US passport as a valid ID for trading in? Located in TX if it means anything.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this please, thanks in advance!
Yes. My old account got canceled because I didn't buy stuff for a while. I bought stuff from the buy 2 get one free and it just got cancelled. I lost a lot of points. I still get emails on the email that I used in the old account. It's weird that they know which games I bought with the new account. :(

damn 2 different store gs rep( one is possible manager) call out 3 of my joycon strip order lol. I was like ya I make all those orders.  hopefully nothing happen:(

Huh, so your account was deactivated due to lack of use? If so, did you use a different phone number and email for your new acct?

Wondering how they would be able to tie those new purchases to your old acct.

I'm mostly looking to create a secondary acct that I can trade freely and fully monitor without depending/bothering a friend or family member

Huh, so your account was deactivated due to lack of use? If so, did you use a different phone number and email for your new acct?

Wondering how they would be able to tie those new purchases to your old acct.

I'm mostly looking to create a secondary acct that I can trade freely and fully monitor without depending/bothering a friend or family member
I just use a different email. All the other information is the same.

I need to control myself. I want to trade in games that I haven't even played and take advantage of the bonus. I would be making good trade in credit off them.

Sad day today for me, went today to trade some things only to be denied and found out I'm trade banned for 90 days :( *SOBS* last time I traded was about a month ago and I'm sure I'm within my game count and credit limits, pretty sure I got jr detective'd somewhere along the line.

Has anyone been able to create a secondary PUR account using their same name, same mailing address, different phone number, different email and use a US passport as a valid ID for trading in? Located in TX if it means anything.

this is what I'm afraid of lol...

Sooooo are u still logged into ur phone app or were u mysteriously logged out too???

hopefully this is not my case when I try to do trades this wknd. about 10 days ago, my GS app mysteriously logged me out (no my app didn't update or anything - to the person who said maybe my phone app updated? lol). The last time this happened when my phone app logged me out was when I was tradebanned last summer, I found out a couple of days later when I tried to trade in something. So idk if this time I was logged out coz my phone messed up or did GS kick me out of the app... last time I traded in anything was the last day the $5 trade card was supposed to work last month....

I need to control myself. I want to trade in games that I haven't even played and take advantage of the bonus. I would be making good trade in credit off them.
self-control goes out the window with these promos XD

u can always rebuy them later when it goes on sale lower than the price u brought the 1st copy for :whee:

this is what I'm afraid of lol...

Sooooo are u still logged into ur phone app or were u mysteriously logged out too???

hopefully this is not my case when I try to do trades this wknd. about 10 days ago, my GS app mysteriously logged me out (no my app didn't update or anything - to the person who said maybe my phone app updated? lol). The last time this happened when my phone app logged me out was when I was tradebanned last summer, I found out a couple of days later when I tried to trade in something. So idk if this time I was logged out coz my phone messed up or did GS kick me out of the app... last time I traded in anything was the last day the $5 trade card was supposed to work last month....
I wish I could have a definitive answer to that but my phone broke down about a week ago and haven't been able to fix it yet. Last time I checked I was still logged in without any issues, this was about 2 weeks ago. Also, I still have all my points (if it means anything/helps)

I wish I could have a definitive answer to that but my phone broke down about a week ago and haven't been able to fix it yet. Last time I checked I was still logged in without any issues, this was about 2 weeks ago. Also, I still have all my points (if it means anything/helps)
aww ok. I also still have my points too... but having zero points I think is when acct is permanently banned iirc.

wish there was some indicating factor or a way to find out if acct is tradebanned without going in store to attempt to do a trade... I mean seriously, nothing more memorable about a gamer than when their acct is entered, the box comes up on the computer saying there's a tradeban for this person, especially when we're trying to blend in w/the rest of the regular customers & not be memorable lolol.

I mean seriously, nothing more memorable about a gamer than when their acct is entered, the box comes up on the computer saying there's a tradeban for this person especially when we're trying to blend in w/the rest of the regular customers & not be memorable lolol.
lol, this. ^

Not to mention the hassle of preparing every game, accy, and memorizing trade values before taking the plunge.

aww ok. I also still have my points too... but having zero points I think is when acct is permanently banned iirc.

wish there was some indicating factor or a way to find out if acct is tradebanned without going in store to attempt to do a trade... I mean seriously, nothing more memorable about a gamer than when their acct is entered, the box comes up on the computer saying there's a tradeban for this person especially when we're trying to blend in w/the rest of the regular customers & not be memorable lolol.
GS app logs me out all the time. Not trade banned.

Whats the consensus on using a B2G1 coupon from another PUR account?

From what I remember, accounts were getting banned when using $ off coupons from other accounts. Just wanted some clarification.
I haven't stress tested it myself, but I remember other cags reporting what you mentioned so the B2G1 coupon should be ok to use.

only had time to go to 2 stores, so I loaded up on the cheapo 3DS and Wii U games... get to the other GS and I guess the employee grabbed 2 new 3DS games so have to return those instead of trading them in, I am kinda bummed I lost out on the $7/8 in free credit tho.  

But, still made out like a bandit, and now it's time to run around to a few Redboxes in the freedom of night - hoping values don't tank overnight but I'm going to make sure to an early run so I don't get stuck with some Redbox TMNT games!   Sorry about the upcoming hairdryer noise at 4:30am, neighbors! lol

As always, thanks Blackbeard and everybody else who posts info!! 

GS app logs me out all the time. Not trade banned.
hmm sounds like a phone issue for u, if all the time o_O lol. I've never been logged out before other than earlier this month & the 1 time last summer before I went in to trade, just to find out I was tradebanned for next 80whatever days last yr =/

how many times can an acct be tradebanned for 90 days before it is permanently suspended? lol

I use a drivers license and a state id. The first account I get the magazine delivered to me, the second one I get the digital so they don't need to enter my address at the time I make the account. The only connection between both of them, besides my name, is that the cell phone number for my primary account is tied to my gmail address that I get the digital magazine sent to in my dummy account. I don't think they're able to see that though.

When I see so many repeat questions asked due to great flip opportunities and horrible case of n00b reading/research laziness...

tumblr_o1d5ko1i1S1uy82zoo1_500.gif

Fortunately, the GS employees around here are super nice and helpful. Heck, one dug a stylus out of s drawer for me rather than charge me for a pack when I traded in a 3DS.

Ok. When there is a buy 2 get one free in store. For example, the system will make a set of three from three games that each cost $19.99 and three other games that cost $9.99 each. The system in this case would give me the $19.99 and $9.99 game free. The buy 2 get one free coupon would just give me the two $9.99 games making the deal bad.
Are you saying you tried it with the coupon and it did that? Or just speculating?

Because when I used my pro day b2g1 coupon, it matched them by price so I got one 19.99 and one 9.99 free.

It doesn't really matter for me. The other set of three games would have screwed up my transaction. They're a lot cheaper than the other three.

It does matter. The B2G1 will give you a free game for every 2 you buy, no matter how many games you buy at once. The prices of the game will automatically be figured out by the register to give you the cheaper game free. I bought 12 games and paid for 9.

DO NOT use any $$ off preowned gift certificates with the B2G1 coupon period. You may get a little money off but you most likely will just lose the coupon in the transaction because of math.

Are you saying you tried it with the coupon and it did that? Or just speculating?

Because when I used my pro day b2g1 coupon, it matched them by price so I got one 19.99 and one 9.99 free.
I used the coupon yesterday on 15 games. I can confirm that if all the games are put in order from the largest price to the smallest price, every third game is the free one.

You guys are putting in some hardcore work, I literally did 3 trades for $800+. I started with 400 a month ago, diversified my credit amongst 3 stores and my ending total is $910+. Good to see you all get those boomerangs though!
Curious to know your trade ins if it isn't much trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked the top 40 games to boomerang and there are none in stock within 40 miles of me. Jesus. Guess I'm just finishing moving from best buy to gs today.

Ok never done any flipping longtime lurker not sure if my math will be right.
So if I get used Paper Mario color splash at $49.49 and Pokémon sun $33.19 at local GS, I can get Pokémon moon used free, go to next GS trade those three in and order a Switch accessory Mario splash is base $33 + $16.50 promo + $4.95 pur $54.45 flip, Pokémon $24.75+$12.37+$3.71 $40.84 flip for each copy gets me a total of $136.13 on $82.68 investment of the three games? And if they honor the $5 trade card I have on each game it would be $151.13, not sure if math is right.
I have a buy 2 get 1 coupon since I signed up for PUR not too long ago. I think I may try something like this later on today.

Why does everyone think TIV will tank? They are already tanked. However if they can get any lower Friday would be your deadline. BTW the 24th is the last Friday of the month, if there is any day a bump happens it will be the 24th, 25th, and 26th.

This. We buy low and hope to sell high, but sometimes, we don't sell as high as we could. But timing is everything. No one could have anticipated the weekend bump.
really?

How long does it take to get the money back on your credit card after returning an online order in store?

returned some funkos early sunday, girl said they didn't have the cash. I asked if it could just go back to my credit card, seemed like it was her first time doing it. Anyway in the app the points for the purchase were taken away a couple days later and been checking for the refund every day since and still nothing.
48 hours for me
I completely take this back. I just realized that I returned some items on Monday (I think) and still haven't gotten a refund. It was ToyRUs that refunded my promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back