GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to this thread, I traded in 3 high value Wii/DS games for about $90.  Big thanks for pointing out I can scroll the transaction on the card terminal.  Caught my retro trade in not getting the 50% bump, and the mandatory $4 refurb fee on retro titles over $10.  Ludicrous, I'll wait for values to climb before considering doing a retro trade of any kind there.

Thanks to this thread, I traded in 3 high value Wii/DS games for about $90. Big thanks for pointing out I can scroll the transaction on the card terminal. Caught my retro trade in not getting the 50% bump, and the mandatory $4 refurb fee on retro titles over $10. Ludicrous, I'll wait for values to climb before considering doing a retro trade of any kind there.
They were putting the wrong refurb fee on. Refurb fee for retro should be $0.

Made the mistake of trying to order PSN credit on Gamestop.com with trade credit and now $40 is gone from my trade card but no PSN credit to show for it. Does GS have a phone line you can call? All I see is an email. It sucks because the orders didn't "go through" so I don't have an order number, but the money is gone all the same.

Oh well. Hoping I'll be able to take some of my remaining credit and turn it into some Best Buy credit with their 30% promo. I've got a B2G1 coupon and about $150 left on that trade card.

read the fine print

Made the mistake of trying to order PSN credit on Gamestop.com with trade credit and now $40 is gone from my trade card but no PSN credit to show for it. Does GS have a phone line you can call? All I see is an email. It sucks because the orders didn't "go through" so I don't have an order number, but the money is gone all the same.

Oh well. Hoping I'll be able to take some of my remaining credit and turn it into some Best Buy credit with their 30% promo. I've got a B2G1 coupon and about $150 left on that trade card.
this is so weird, i have ordered several $10 psn cards and never had a problem, but many here swear against purchasing digital codes because they never get their order.

this is so weird, i have ordered several $10 psn cards and never had a problem, but many here swear against purchasing digital codes because they never get their order.
What browser did you use? I bought 2 $20's in Chrome and had an issue, but I tried buying a $10 in Safari and it worked. I guess I'll buy them all this way.

What browser did you use? I bought 2 $20's in Chrome and had an issue, but I tried buying a $10 in Safari and it worked. I guess I'll buy them all this way.
ive always used firefox, never had a problem with digital codes. the one time i did have a problem was when i cancelled an order i made with credit. i had to keep emailing them for about 10 days to get the money back.

I turned $502 to $953 today. I unloaded some games that I've yet to play and I bought for less than the Trade price. I went to 1 GameStop about 7 miles away and bought about 25 games off the spreadsheet. I checked them out first so I knew this store had much in stock. Then drive back towards my house and released the Kraken on one of my 3 closest stores.

I paid off the Has been heroes game and paid off the Bomberman game, bought a $20 Pokémon card pack and a $7 Mario Uno game for the kids. Picked up a BK gift card and headed out with my $953 worth of credit.

Took about 1 hour and 45mins.

Now I wait to see if any higher ups actually see me as suspicious.

I also helped a lady buy an Xbox1 and a controller for her son. She used my account and paid with her credit card so my account looks like I spent over $300 in real money.

Oh I bought the WiiU and Mario Kart8 she was trading in for $95 cash. Flipped MK8 and now have a WiiU for about the cost of an NES classic.

Cue Ice Cube " it was a good day" track.

Edit, it gets even better. Just opened the mail and I see that the IRS has confirmed that I owe them $0 from 2015.
Wanna sell that Wii U? Lol

I feel like I'm reading the spreadsheet wrong because only 1 game is on the green to flip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I'm reading the spreadsheet wrong because only 1 game is on the green to flip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the latest you can cancel Switch game preorders? Two days before the games come out? I had partially paid up Binding of Isaac and Half Minute Heroes, and I plan to put those amounts toward Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 and Xbox 1.

I also helped a lady buy an Xbox1 and a controller for her son. She used my account and paid with her credit card so my account looks like I spent over $300 in real money.

Oh I bought the WiiU and Mario Kart8 she was trading in for $95 cash. Flipped MK8 and now have a WiiU for about the cost of an NES classic.
Somehow that doesn't sound like helping lol.

So what's the latest you can cancel Switch game preorders? Two days before the games come out? I had partially paid up Binding of Isaac and Half Minute Heroes, and I plan to put those amounts toward Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 and Xbox 1.
in my experience unless its completely paid off they wont say anything about it ever, you can cancel any time, even after the game comes out.

So what game or accessory is everyone trading towards to trigger the bonus 50%?  Just any switch game?  I have a bunch of games to trade in.  Thanks.

befriended a manager while flipping and he let me reserve one of the extra switch consoles they were going to get (55 received, 50 max reserved, 5 left for purchase at launch).

hopefully your not doing that at one store?

Why? Store employees are very familiar with me and they expect me to come in with a stack of games every 50% boost. It turned out to be about $1300. Paid off my switch, pre-orders and paid off all Zelda amiibos, and bought some items to get it down before $1000.

I still have a stack to do. What's the safe limit for the day?

lol, this. ^

Not to mention the hassle of preparing every game, accy, and memorizing trade values before taking the plunge.
forgot to whip out the gamer shirts we got for free w/tradeins last year to wear while flipping... another way to "blend" in among the average crowd that shops at GS lol

has anyone's acct ever survived after a 2nd 90 day tradeban for exceeding trade limit? Or is the 2nd time the last one for the life of the acct?

Why? Store employees are very familiar with me and they expect me to come in with a stack of games every 50% boost. It turned out to be about $1300. Paid off my switch, pre-orders and paid off all Zelda amiibos, and bought some items to get it down before $1000.

I still have a stack to do. What's the safe limit for the day?
O.O well... I did a couple of $500+ trades across a few days last year, so $1600+ in a span of a wk (was def under $2k that everyone here advises not to go over & within game limits per platform) & was hit w/the 90 day trade ban last yr... there's probably a weekly & daily limit that we just haven't figured out what it is yet. $1300 is in a zone that's scary to approach hahaha yikes XD

I turned $502 to $953 today. I unloaded some games that I've yet to play and I bought for less than the Trade price. I went to 1 GameStop about 7 miles away and bought about 25 games off the spreadsheet. I checked them out first so I knew this store had much in stock. Then drive back towards my house and released the Kraken on one of my 3 closest stores.

I paid off the Has been heroes game and paid off the Bomberman game, bought a $20 Pokémon card pack and a $7 Mario Uno game for the kids. Picked up a BK gift card and headed out with my $953 worth of credit.

Took about 1 hour and 45mins.

Now I wait to see if any higher ups actually see me as suspicious.

Cue Ice Cube " it was a good day" track.

Edit, it gets even better. Just opened the mail and I see that the IRS has confirmed that I owe them $0 from 2015.
Appreciate it.

Just got back from my trip from walmart/Gamestop. I was able to get the toad amiibo bundle and boomerang the Call of Duty bundle.  They had two toad amiibo bundles but I only needed one. The cashier had to price match it so that could only be done once. I don't need the amiibo so I'll just sell it. I was also able to cancel my previous preorder and put it to the COD bundle. I preordered Mario Odyssey, so I don't have to worry about cancelling it for a while. The extra $5 trade in coupons are one time use now which is weird. I was always able to use it more than once.

Just wanted to say that it's cool posting about your profits and the amazing trade totals you got, but all this couldn't have been done without Blackbeard. So special shoutouts to him for keeping it real amidst all the chaos he has to deal with like GS corporate A-holes, Best Buy balloon heads, and Reddit/CAG trolls. Seriously, a round of applause for this man's hard work. I have no idea how he does it, I still think he is a robot like Ultron or something.

Also a big shoutout to ~starlight~, I didn't get to flip much but that CoD Black Ops collection was a nice touch. Thank you for the heads up! You know she is a pro when she manages to wear glasses and change her hairstyle just to fool the Gamestop employees into thinking she is a different person. I'm thinking I will have to shave my head bald to top that.

Here's to you guys!

giphy.gif

O.O well... I did a couple of $500+ trades across a few days last year, so $1600+ in a span of a wk (was def under $2k that everyone here advises not to go over & within game limits per platform) & was hit w/the 90 day trade ban last yr... there's probably a weekly & daily limit that we just haven't figured out what it is yet. $1300 is in a zone that's scary to approach hahaha yikes XD
The part that bothers me or I think is suspect are the boomerangs. This is a quantity flip not a quality flip. So the amount of games we need to make it worthwhile is pretty large.

I expect a ban but not from any jr detective but from some auditor somewhere.

You probably got junior detective

Just wanted to say that it's cool posting about your profits and the amazing trade totals you got, but all this couldn't have been done without Blackbeard. So special shoutouts to him for keeping it real amidst all the chaos he has to deal with like GS corporate A-holes, Best Buy balloon heads, and Reddit/CAG trolls. Seriously, a round of applause for this man's hard work. I have no idea how he does it, I still think he is a robot like Ultron or something.

Also a big shoutout to ~starlight~, I didn't get to flip much but that CoD Black Ops collection was a nice touch. Thank you for the heads up! You know she is a pro when she manages to wear glasses and change her hairstyle just to fool the Gamestop employees into thinking she is a different person. I'm thinking I will have to shave my head bald to top that.

Here's to you guys!

giphy.gif
really, thank you Captain Blackbeard, we are eternally grateful and donating!

Here's to you guys!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Thank you Blackbeard

Picked up a nice little stack of $3 games at Walmart and took them over to GS for a wonderful flip :)
I've traded in somewhere between 20-25 $3 Walmart clearance games since early January. At last count, I now own 83 different clearance titles across all the consoles, handhelds, and PC from the store near me that did one of those markdowns. Every one of the games that I traded were duplicates. But whether or not those games have been marked down to $3 at your local Walmart or not depends on the store itself. And no, I'm not posting their names because there will be none left for me! Knowledge is power! Hahahahaha!!!

Was waiting to trade and guy in front of me traded in about 10 Xbox One games straight up - no bonus, no PUR, nada. I cringed. Lost out on at least $50-60 easily.

I don't get people.

Was waiting to trade and guy in front of me traded in about 10 Xbox One games straight up - no bonus, no PUR, nada. I cringed. Lost out on at least $50-60 easily.

I don't get people.
before I bought 30ish games for flipping, the guy in front me traded in like 20 ps3 games for about $5 in cash. It's always hard to watch something like that happens.

I've traded in somewhere between 20-25 $3 Walmart clearance games since early January. At last count, I now own 83 different clearance titles across all the consoles, handhelds, and PC from the store near me that did one of those markdowns. Every one of the games that I traded were duplicates. But whether or not those games have been marked down to $3 at your local Walmart or not depends on the store itself. And no, I'm not posting their names because there will be none left for me! Knowledge is power! Hahahahaha!!!
Wow.
I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you that do share. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back