GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just return from gamestop traded in 17 games for $320 store credit with the switch promo. Thanks guys for helping me out on that. Earlier this week I was able to trade in my original Xbox one with 6 games for the 1tb Halo Wars 2 Xbox One S. I was just looking over that receipt and noticed that they didn't add the 40% extra trade in promo. I gave the store a call asking if I could come in and get it fixed but they said nothing could be done and I had to call customer service. If I gave them a call do y'all think they would give me that extra credit or would it be easier to just take the loss and not deal with them?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Sadly, these are the kinds of deals that frequent my area.

Wonder how much that flip going for tho[attachment=25661:20170226_142603.jpg]

I've been wondering, is there any trick to using GS credit elsewhere?  I remember people getting Amazon gift cards with credit but I don't remember if GS put a stop to that.

Finally got my trades in at 2 stores this afternoon, ended up with about $600 in credit. Big shout out to Blackbeard as I struck gold with the BB>GS movers and a couple GS boomerangs although I stayed away from the

I've been wondering, is there any trick to using GS credit elsewhere? I remember people getting Amazon gift cards with credit but I don't remember if GS put a stop to that.
Again this has been discussed ad nauseum. Have you seen amazon gift cards at your local GS? If they have them have you tried to use credit towards them? The answer to q1 is likely no and q2s a hell naw.

Got two fifa 15 PS3 for $7 each, and two copies of little big planet 3 PS3 $10 each at walmart and then promptly traded them in for $73.6 at gamestop after promo.
Also threw in my own copies of Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Twilight Princess HD for a total of $161 take away.
Nice grab, I may check tomorrow morning for those. Values will hold tomorrow but it will "ONLY" be a %40 bump tomorrow

50% extra towards switch accessories and games extended till 03/19.

One small caveat thought, it's 50% extra for PUR Pro members and 40% extra for everyone else.

Ok. I know I know, this may be a rookie question, but I think im going to try my first game stop to game stop flip today. Go to one gamestop, use my gift card to buy a bunch of games, then go the the other game stop a few minutes away and sell them there. Any red flags that may come up I should look out for?

Ok. I know I know, this may be a rookie question, but I think im going to try my first game stop to game stop flip today. Go to one gamestop, use my gift card to buy a bunch of games, then go the the other game stop a few minutes away and sell them there. Any red flags that may come up I should look out for?
No unless you get a jr detective. As long as they don't look at your trade history you're golden. Make sure to desticker all boxes though in case that's not obvious.

That sounds about right. Just put $5 toward a switch game or accessory and put the rest on a trade card. There shouldn't be any problem. If you get any questions just feign ignorance.

Finally got my trades in at 2 stores this afternoon, ended up with about $600 in credit. Big shout out to Blackbeard as I struck gold with the BB>GS movers and a couple GS boomerangs although I stayed away from the <$5 ones. Also thanks to Helldweller for mentioning that Air Conflicts game as that was also a nice profit.
Newbie question here do I need to pay to see the spreadsheet of flips or is there a specific place I can find it? I googled it last night and found one with Chris Pratt giving me the finger.

I've been wondering, is there any trick to using GS credit elsewhere? I remember people getting Amazon gift cards with credit but I don't remember if GS put a stop to that.
This isn't simple, but I've been moving GS credit to Amazon with retro trade ins. With the b2g1 right now this is very easy. Gamecube has the most credit movers right now.

There's an Amazon trade in thread on this site with good info.

Newbie question here do I need to pay to see the spreadsheet of flips or is there a specific place I can find it? I googled it last night and found one with Chris Pratt giving me the finger.

I found that one too. It is good for a laugh. You don't need to pay but it is good practice to donate to Blackbeard who pulls the sheets together when you hit a good set of flips. Go to the very first page of this thread. Scroll down. It'll be hard to miss. If you're on mobile go to full site mode before you click on the link to get the spreadsheet to open. The donation button is on the left side of the spread sheet.

Made $700ish profit the cap for trade credit is $1000 apparently. Ten stores 4 hours great time. B2G1 FTW.
The cap for credit isn't $1K, it's $2k per 30 days. You can only load $1K worth of credit on a single card, more would require a trade credit card other than your PUR Pro card.

Gamestops by me close at 6 on Sundays, so the Switch promo is in the books for me. Had a really good end for me, story in the spoiler:

I had one lone copy of Spiderman 2 left to offload, as well as a personal copy of Dishonored 2. I went to my home store since I hadn't done Spiderman there yet and I actually had stuff I wanted to pay off for Switch. Was looking at $51.20 total after bonus and PUR. I was just chatting with the employee, and started talking about the Ghost Recon beta and how good he thought it was. He goes, "ya know, there's a 30% bonus toward preordering it." I told him I was putting money down on my Switch for that bonus since it's higher.

He goes, "oh, well the 30% bonus hasn't been working all day, so I've just been manually doing it. I don't mind adding it on top of the 50% bonus."

My face at this point:

giphy.gif

But it gets even better.

Obviously I let him go ahead and do it, because you don't say no to 90% bonuses after PUR. I look down at the pinpad at the new values for my two games: $60.20 for Amazing Spiderman 2, and $57.00 for Dishonored 2. He goes, "holy crap, that went up a lot. That's 30%, right?" My insides jumped for joy but I just shrugged and just said yeah I guess so, that works for me. Figured instead of only putting $5 down, I'd put the full amount, pick it up, and return with a gift receipt that isn't my home store. Always keep your home store happy!

After completing the transaction, I looked and it turns out that he added $30 per game instead of an extra 30%. The receipt reads for Spiderman:

Bonus: $30 Promotion Not Found

Bonus: $8.50 Promo 

Bonus: $4.70 PUR

Basically I walked out of the store with $6 more than I thought I was getting, plus a free copy of Ghost Recon. Maybe my luckiest visit to a Gamestop in all my years of trading.

Make my own cod ps3 combo UPC code . It did the trick. My store seem really caution on these combo disc trade.manager who stand next to my associate double check that my game are unsealed. Won't accept screenshop $5 bonus and yesterday said that they have a box of these bonus card in the back.

Gamestops by me close at 6 on Sundays, so the Switch promo is in the books for me. Had a really good end for me, story in the spoiler:

I had one lone copy of Spiderman 2 left to offload, as well as a personal copy of Dishonored 2. I went to my home store since I hadn't done Spiderman there yet and I actually had stuff I wanted to pay off for Switch. Was looking at $51.20 total after bonus and PUR. I was just chatting with the employee, and started talking about the Ghost Recon beta and how good he thought it was. He goes, "ya know, there's a 30% bonus toward preordering it." I told him I was putting money down on my Switch for that bonus since it's higher.

He goes, "oh, well the 30% bonus hasn't been working all day, so I've just been manually doing it. I don't mind adding it on top of the 50% bonus."

My face at this point:
giphy.gif

But it gets even better.

Obviously I let him go ahead and do it, because you don't say no to 90% bonuses after PUR. I look down at the pinpad at the new values for my two games: $60.20 for Amazing Spiderman 2, and $57.00 for Dishonored 2. He goes, "holy crap, that went up a lot. That's 30%, right?" My insides jumped for joy but I just shrugged and just said yeah I guess so, that works for me. Figured instead of only putting $5 down, I'd put the full amount, pick it up, and return with a gift receipt that isn't my home store. Always keep your home store happy!

After completing the transaction, I looked and it turns out that he added $30 per game instead of an extra 30%. The receipt reads for Spiderman:
Bonus: $30 Promotion Not Found
Bonus: $8.50 Promo
Bonus: $4.70 PUR

Basically I walked out of the store with $6 more than I thought I was getting, plus a free copy of Ghost Recon. Maybe my luckiest visit to a Gamestop in all my years of trading.
Holy shit what an idiot, someone's getting fired. That said if the 50% bonus is on I'm going to destroy these gamestops near me hahahah. Gonna sign up the gf and my bestie.

I found that one too. It is good for a laugh. You don't need to pay but it is good practice to donate to Blackbeard who pulls the sheets together when you hit a good set of flips. Go to the very first page of this thread. Scroll down. It'll be hard to miss. If you're on mobile go to full site mode before you click on the link to get the spreadsheet to open. The donation button is on the left side of the spread sheet.
Thanks I was using the mobile site and will do.

No hes being correct. A flip generates a profit period. It has been used to denote that long before this site or video games were applying it.

No hes being correct. A flip generates a profit period. It has been used to denote that long before this site or video games were applying it.
hes is not a word. lol.

But if you want to believe it it is go right on ahead. I'm not being pedantic. I'm correct!

/sarcasm

I managed to find a couple copies of hw2 at a couple of stores. Used my pur boomerang points and took a couple of copies over to BB for some easy credit.

Ok so how many of the same copy of a game can you trade in per week, store or whatever?

I just did 2 Little big planet 3 for PS3 today, and my walmart has 3 left for $10 each. I want to be able to buy them and trade them in while it still has a $17 base at GS. I don't want to get banned.

Seriously though, if the Switch itself has the serial number's barcode on them, you might just need to bring in those instead of the full boxes.
The console's S/N will probably be on the receipt.

Ok so how many of the same copy of a game can you trade in per week, store or whatever?

I just did 2 Little big planet 3 for PS3 today, and my walmart has 3 left for $10 each. I want to be able to buy them and trade them in while it still has a $17 base at GS. I don't want to get banned.
No more than 4 copies in a rolling 30-day period.

EDIT - now this info is at the top of a page, I expect no one else to ask it in the next 9 posts! :)

That's awesome the switch promo is going for a few more weeks. Shouldn't have paid off all of my pre-orders I wanted to keep, lol. Does anyone know if the extra $25 credit for a 3DS is extended?

Holy shit what an idiot, someone's getting fired. That said if the 50% bonus is on I'm going to destroy these gamestops near me hahahah. Gonna sign up the gf and my bestie.
And LOL @ the guy above explaining why that associate is going to get fired
I did feel a little bad. But at the same time, he said he's been manually overriding stuff all day and saying things like it's the company's vault for not having it work automatically. Can't imagine that I'm the only one that got some extra from him.

Did anyone else have trouble getting the extra 50% credit today? I think they might have messed up because they renewed my PUR at the same time as the trade (should have asked to do them separately), so maybe it was applied to that first and the Switch preorder second. The clerk said they couldn't do anything if it didn't show up, and when I showed them the promo they said that technically yesterday was the last day. I didn't want to raise a fuss about it, since I essentially broke even on the flip, but the extra credit really would have been nice.

damn, bought the wrong Nintendogs+cats and lost $5.19 on that. Also the employee who couldn't find anything didn't give me the disc for Mortal Kombat, called the manager and he said he would hold it for me though...

s-l300.jpg

But at the end of the day, got 128.75 in profit and 40000 points. I know I said this, but thanks again Captain Blackbeard!

40 plus PUR or flat 40? Where'd this come from

40plus PUR when you pay off/pick up your stuff or new purchases. Runs till 3/19.

Does anyone know if I can go and pay it off, get the bonus. And then when I pick it up get the bonus again? I'm just curious with the way the promo is set up if I can take advantage of it on both ends. (I don't see why not, but felt like asking a useful question)

Did anyone else have trouble getting the extra 50% credit today? I think they might have messed up because they renewed my PUR at the same time as the trade (should have asked to do them separately), so maybe it was applied to that first and the Switch preorder second. The clerk said they couldn't do anything if it didn't show up, and when I showed them the promo they said that technically yesterday was the last day. I didn't want to raise a fuss about it, since I essentially broke even on the flip, but the extra credit really would have been nice.
Only issue I had was when they initially selected the non-Switch version of the game I wanted to pre-order. Once we figured that out, the bonus applied automatically.

But, since you said 'Switch preorder' I assume what you screwed up on was paying off your Switch system pre-order. This promo applies to Switch games and accessories, not Switch consoles.

yesterday I was having problem at one GS. after a few min I realized they messed up and put in the preorder for zelda for WII U instead of Switch. Since "pre-order Zelda Breathe of the Wild..." was too long to display completely on the pad thingie so I didnt see his mistake. After I explained to him it was a easy fix.

Only issue I had was when they initially selected the non-Switch version of the game I wanted to pre-order. Once we figured that out, the bonus applied automatically.

But, since you said 'Switch preorder' I assume what you screwed up on was paying off your Switch system pre-order. This promo applies to Switch games and accessories, not Switch consoles.
Holy frig you're right. Dang it. So it was my fault after all. Well, thank you very much for realizing where I screwed up.

Holy frig you're right. Dang it. So it was my fault after all. Well, thank you very much for realizing where I screwed up.
Yea always know exactly how much you are getting back and what you need to buy to get that to happen. When in doubt take your stuff back, don't lose out on free money

40plus PUR when you pay off/pick up your stuff or new purchases. Runs till 3/19.

Does anyone know if I can go and pay it off, get the bonus. And then when I pick it up get the bonus again? I'm just curious with the way the promo is set up if I can take advantage of it on both ends. (I don't see why not, but felt like asking a useful question)
Yeah, I've done this for the past few promotions they've had like this. The new promo applies to the purchase of the game as well, so whatever you trade in when you pick-up the game will get the bonus too, regardless if it's already paid off.

If the 50% is truly extended I need to start tracking my rolling Gamestop expenditures. So the limit supposedly is $1900 for a 30 period. Correct? This should mean that if I add up the trade value of my trade-ins for the last 30 days I will be good as long as I don't exceed the limit. If I'm missing something let me know. I think I'm getting close to the limit.

I did feel a little bad. But at the same time, he said he's been manually overriding stuff all day and saying things like it's the company's vault for not having it work automatically. Can't imagine that I'm the only one that got some extra from him.
LMAO that's even worse. If he's been doing that all day and STILL messed up, he's probably been giving people money all day. I'd trade again with him before he gets axed.

If you want to bulk transfer credit to Best Buy from GameStop, you would need a b2g1 coupon and snag 3 smartphones that even out. In December I bought 3 LG G5s for 600 total and got 600 from Best Buy. It's a nice bump for you Elite spending and you get a good chunk of point at GS and BBY. BBY trade values have been awful for more than half a year now.
B2G1 only works in store right? you must be pretty lucky to have 3 decent smart phones in one store

actually they used to sell ipads and ipods in stores but i dont think i have seen any of them in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back