GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back 10 pages and didn't find an answer, so what is the cheapest item to activate the 50% extra trade in credit? Is it still the joy-con strap?

I don't want to deal with preordering a game.
If you don't go back at least 100 pages you open yourself to criticism. Lol.

The strap is still the cheapest.

So my local store is MAKING people put the full amount of their 50% extra trade in towards switch stuff instead of the standard $5. Anyone else having this issue, or is my local store just trying to prevent people canceling preorders on them?
My store is enforcing the same rule , unfortunately.

I'm not helping here but...

This is a really good point, it's crazy how accurate this statement is. I just read to see how far back I would have to go to get his answer, and it's post #33211, 220 posts ago and 6 days since... Along the way I had to go through 5 pictures/gifs, a slowpoke (literally), a discussion about Craigslist, etc. (I'll put myself on blast too, on a slow day there might even be a WWE discussion).

Here is the post:

Which is actually easy to miss if he was just trying to find that answer to his specific question.

And if you go down a couple of posts, Reapertollz actually said that it didn't work for him when he tried trading in Bomberman after the pre-order on Xenoblade 2.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of dumb questions, like the 50 posts of the $5 coupon, but do give these guys a break sometimes. At least he did read the Terms of Use, which actually said it only works on "new purchases", not even specifically pre-orders. I mean, most of us started out asking questions too right? Sorry for the thread detour.
People don't like spoon feeding people. That's what a lot of people ask for. There are still valid questions. But a lot of the questions can easily be resolved by calling gamestop and asking the employee the questions or doing a very minuscule amount of research. And then of course instead of asking the stupid question going in themselves asking or testing out their stupid question in person and then reporting back to the community. Instead they ask the question to members of the community and want a step by step explanation and then most of the time get nasty towards the community when someone doesn't answer their question or pokes fun at it. For members of the community who have been here for a while it gets extremely repetitious and monotonous. You want to go ahead and answer people and their dumb questions go for it. A year or two from now if you still frequent the website just remember you'll still be answering the same dumb variations for similar questions. Gamestop for the last 5 years has had the same exact promotions with variations of the bonus, glitches and coupons..

^ very well said by both of you and I agree with both posts. The question that started this discussion wasn't overly dumb, especially compared to some of the ridiculous stuff that gets asked, but because of all the the ridiculously dumb stuff that gets asked even a semi dumb question can seem exasperating.

I'll be sure not to ask anymore questions in this thread.  Either I'll find it in the thread, and if it isn't answered in the thread I'll call Gamestop. No biggie. But the irony is that the guy who attacked my question assumed it was answered in the fine print and it wasn't.  So even though he was wrong, I'm the bad guy. And all that AFTER an actual helpful person actually answered the question I asked without issue. 

People don't like spoon feeding people. That's what a lot of people ask for. There are still valid questions. But a lot of the questions can easily be resolved by calling gamestop and asking the employee the questions or doing a very minuscule amount of research. And then of course instead of asking the stupid question going in themselves asking or testing out their stupid question in person and then reporting back to the community. Instead they ask the question to members of the community and want a step by step explanation and then most of the time get nasty towards the community when someone doesn't answer their question or pokes fun at it. For members of the community who have been here for a while it gets extremely repetitious and monotonous. You want to go ahead and answer people and their dumb questions go for it. A year or two from now if you still frequent the website just remember you'll still be answering the same dumb variations for similar questions. Gamestop for the last 5 years has had the same exact promotions with variations of the bonus, glitches and coupons..
You make a great point, but I don't see how cussing people out or posting gifs would stop people from asking questions. If so, you think there wouldn't be any more questions nowadays. And I wasn't advocating for stupid questions, I just thought that his question wasn't unreasonable, at least compared to other ones, and that he was attacked kind of unfairly. But such is the case of the internet. But I do agree, it does get annoying.

Anybody have link to where you can request a GC with your trade balance?
https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?tp=i-H43-8C-8CD-82aQ2P-1n-Uphl-1c-82ZE8V-2CpItn&cid=eml_10003509&fq=1&om_rid=1039639459&om_mid=31509

I propose a new rule. If you can't find your answer in the last 10 pages of the thread or the wiki then please post the question. However when you do get your answer update the wiki with your question and answer.

For the Action Replay Powersaves you have to make sure that Windows installs the driver for the NFC reader correctly. It took about 5 times plugging it in for it to finally retrieve it correctly for me.

It's great though, Ive used it to get the entire Zelda range, and it takes two seconds to set it back on the pad and write a new amiibo to it

Quick question, does the price of an electronic on the app includes the 50% bonus? I have a Pixel XL i don't want anymore and 350 + 50%  = 525. Toward my S8 or just in my pocket would be nice.

Looking to get a Switch.  Have a Wii U and some games.  Is the current "Extra $100 with Wii U Trade In" deal worth it?  Or should I hold off?  

I know I could get more by selling online, but convenience > extra profit at this point for me.

Just an FYI, if you want to use the trade balance replacement gift card in-store, make sure you tell them it's a trade card. I saved the codes to my Gyft app, so I thought it was for sure a gift card, since it loaded up the correct balance automatically. It wasn't until I went to a second store that we figured it out. Still had issues at a third store cause the guy didn't believe me, but once he actually paid attention to what I was saying, everything worked out fine. 

Sucks cause it ruined the flips I was trying to do at the first store.

Looking to get a Switch. Have a Wii U and some games. Is the current "Extra $100 with Wii U Trade In" deal worth it? Or should I hold off?

I know I could get more by selling online, but convenience > extra profit at this point for me.
I'd say so, 175 for 8gb and 200 for 32gb seems decent to me. They sell the refurbished 32gb for 250.

edit:

if it's up to 100 no way

I'll be sure not to ask anymore questions in this thread. Either I'll find it in the thread, and if it isn't answered in the thread I'll call Gamestop. No biggie. But the irony is that the guy who attacked my question assumed it was answered in the fine print and it wasn't. So even though he was wrong, I'm the bad guy. And all that AFTER an actual helpful person actually answered the question I asked without issue.
Wasn't attack you at all. Stop acting like a special snowflake I asked a legit question as to whether you read the thread. What the bonus applies to has been answered ALOT.

I'll humor you, after all, what's the big deal. After all, this is just a videogame forum right? (Or maybe we are secretly saving the world like members of the Justice League or something...shhhhhhhh don't tell Batman)

On a serious note, I dive in and out of this particular thread about twice a day, three to five days a week. I miss alot of useful info not going page by page, but also there are tons of "extracurricular" posts in this thread (like the ones we are doing right now) so it's easy to miss actual useful stuff. Sometimes I will read off 4-5 pages and learn more about "who is feuding with who" than actual information on deals. But it doesn't bother me because I am always entertained. I have had so many lol moments reading guys go at each other. Also, I I have given and received a lot of helpful info. Anyway, I digress....I read the literal terms at Gamestop.com and it doesn't reference the specific question I had on preorders. Can you honestly say that you can deduce the answer to my question about preorders based on the fine print?
If you don't go back at least 100 pages you open yourself to criticism. Lol.

The strap is still the cheapest.
I'll be sure not to ask anymore questions in this thread. Either I'll find it in the thread, and if it isn't answered in the thread I'll call Gamestop. No biggie. But the irony is that the guy who attacked my question assumed it was answered in the fine print and it wasn't. So even though he was wrong, I'm the bad guy. And all that AFTER an actual helpful person actually answered the question I asked without issue.
Honestly, reading the entire thread will 90% of the time answer any question you may have. I'm astonished at how many times the same questions are asked over and over and over again. If more people would actually read the thread starting with the most recent unread post the thread wouldn't be awash in toxins. Not reading the thread because it's full of off-topic posts and asking a question that has been answered ad nauseum ultimately only contributes to the off-topic content.

Wasn't attack you at all. Stop acting like a special snowflake I asked a legit question as to whether you read the thread. What the bonus applies to has been answered ALOT.
Well, I'm sure that NOW you've attacked him he feels better! :D

Looking to get a Switch. Have a Wii U and some games. Is the current "Extra $100 with Wii U Trade In" deal worth it? Or should I hold off?

Up to $100 credit, not bonus. I would sell private.

Honestly, reading the entire thread will 90% of the time answer any question you may have. I'm astonished at how many times the same questions are asked over and over and over again. If more people would actually read the thread starting with the most recent unread post the thread wouldn't be awash in toxins. Not reading the thread because it's full of off-topic posts and asking a question that has been answered ad nauseum ultimately only contributes to the off-topic content.

Well, I'm sure that NOW you've attacked him he feels better! :D
lol I really wasn't trying to attack him. I'm curious when people legit seem to miss vs just not reading. I try to keep up with the thread so I forget page numbers when the same thing pops up ad nauseum.

Naw man, I said you attacked the question (or the asking of a question). It wasn't a personal attack. And if you've seen the movie Glory you would know that I am in fact a special snowflake. Did you not read my avatar? I'm entitled!

Are you Andre Braugher?
No lol...but he is one of my favorite actors and that is one of my favorite scenes (towards the end) of one of my Top 5 All time movies. So when I got called Snowflake the first thing I thought of was Snowflake in Glory (who coincidentally was also unfairly chastised throughout the movie).

Dude at this store i just traded at acted like I was trying to ask him to hand me cash out the register to scan the 5$ code from the OP. Was like pulling teeth

These Gamestops in Atlanta always feel sketchy to trade at.

A few months ago I traded in a GameCube game, and it triggered the 50% bonus that was going on at the time. Today I traded a GameCube game along with several PS4 games, and the GC game didn't get the 40% Switch game/accessory bump, even though everything else did. Wonder why retro games are so finicky when it comes to bonuses applying?

There is a gamestop 40 minutes from me with a switch. I feel like by the time I get there it'll be gone or they'll deny it exists.

A few months ago I traded in a GameCube game, and it triggered the 50% bonus that was going on at the time. Today I traded a GameCube game along with several PS4 games, and the GC game didn't get the 40% Switch game/accessory bump, even though everything else did. Wonder why retro games are so finicky when it comes to bonuses applying?
Because I bet Blackbeard could find what they use to designate their "style" headers and the complete lack of data uniformity. You've got retro that would be A for instance, Gamecube that is A1, Dreamcast A2, etc. I'm betting they overwrite their own entries pretty frequently and do it incorrectly.

You must read all 33501 replies in this thread, and read the FAQ twice.

Then you may ask a question.

Because I bet Blackbeard could find what they use to designate their "style" headers and the complete lack of data uniformity. You've got retro that would be A for instance, Gamecube that is A1, Dreamcast A2, etc. I'm betting they overwrite their own entries pretty frequently and do it incorrectly.
Most of non-Nintendo retro games are simply labeled Vintage Software. Maybe that is why Saturn, Xbox, and Playstation never seem to get the promos. I remember too their GC and GBA retro games would have different skus each week for a while too.

There is a gamestop 40 minutes from me with a switch. I feel like by the time I get there it'll be gone or they'll deny it exists.
I've gone to different Gamestops about 10 times over the last 2 weeks.
Stores that were on the sheets.

And one just 2 hours ago.

They won't "have" it.
And if they did, we are not worthy to purchase it.

I got my first $5 coupon ever today. I went to one of my stores to buy the Song of the Deep Pop since it is clearanced to $5 which of course wasn't labeled and they were surprised that it rang up at that price. They had a packet made up of all the Pop preorders coming out and had stapled a $5 coupon to each of them. Glad I didn't cancel my Switch strap in that transaction now lol. 

I've gone to different Gamestops about 10 times over the last 2 weeks.
Stores that were on the sheets.

And one just 2 hours ago.

They won't "have" it.
And if they did, we are not worthy to purchase it.
Man that makes me so mad. West Virginia has only popped up on the list twice since launch.

You must read all 33501 replies in this thread, and read the FAQ twice.
Then you may ask a question.
It was a rhetorical question. Also,

giphy.gif

^Are you familiar with sarcasm?

Also, I would love to.
As long as I don't have to read anymore bs.

And yes I am required to read it.

"Let it go" meaning let go of your passive-aggressive crusade against people who poke fun at others for asking repeat questions. Don't be a weirdo brah

Not a flip, but Gamestop had the Amiibo Powersaves with the Power tag on clearance for $14.99.  Since everyone is getting the BotW amiibos and some are harder to comeby, they jacked the price back up to $24.99.  Basically it allows you to backup and restore your amiibos and add "cheat" by adding stats and so forth, but the big win is the ones that come with the power tag, which can effectively be rewritten from bin files found elsewhere on the net.  Now that some of the older Zelda related amiibos are going for 5-6x retail on the second hand market, this is a cheap way to get the scan functionality in BotW.

If they haven't managed to retag them in the stores yet (and my local one didn't they actually still had dust on them) you should be able to get them for the old price.

Not a flip, but Gamestop had the Amiibo Powersaves with the Power tag on clearance for $14.99. Since everyone is getting the BotW amiibos and some are harder to comeby, they jacked the price back up to $24.99. Basically it allows you to backup and restore your amiibos and add "cheat" by adding stats and so forth, but the big win is the ones that come with the power tag, which can effectively be rewritten from bin files found elsewhere on the net. Now that some of the older Zelda related amiibos are going for 5-6x retail on the second hand market, this is a cheap way to get the scan functionality in BotW.

If they haven't managed to retag them in the stores yet (and my local one didn't they actually still had dust on them) you should be able to get them for the old price.
Everyone's aware of the power tag. But thanks for letting me know they re jacked the price happy I bought mine last week at 15.

I tried to this a few days ago to get my son a $9.99 pre-owned game for free and it kept giving me an error that said someting like Unable to retrieve rewards at this time.
At the point confirmation page, add your email using the pencil icon. I got the same message this week but i noticed that my email was missing. It should work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back