GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in the main trade in offers page at least on mobile. Looks like it's for Pro members only...

Screenshot_20170321-235827.png
I'm not seeing that offer on the app, but I saw something else there about getting up to $200 credit with a trade in of ps4, x1, or wiiu32gb towards a switch. Valid 3/20-3/26. Not sure how your going to trade towards a switch with the limited availability of it. Maybe I'll try a return /rebuy with the switch I have already. I have an extra uncharted blue ps4 just laying around.

I'm not seeing that offer on the app, but I saw something else there about getting up to $200 credit with a trade in of ps4, x1, or wiiu32gb towards a switch. Valid 3/20-3/26. Not sure how your going to trade towards a switch with the limited availability of it. Maybe I'll try a return /rebuy with the switch I have already. I have an extra uncharted blue ps4 just laying around.
I thought about trading towards a Switch since they're supposed to be getting more tomorrow and then seeing if I could return it towards a Pro to maximize value, but I don't usually try to pull stuff like that even though I know it's discussed openly in here at least with games. Plus, the fact is says "up to" leaves a chance I wouldn't get $200 but if a 1TB PS4 didn't fetch the max for the promo I don't know what else would.

I thought about trading towards a Switch since they're supposed to be getting more tomorrow and then seeing if I could return it towards a Pro to maximize value, but I don't usually try to pull stuff like that even though I know it's discussed openly in here at least with games. Plus, the fact is says "up to" leaves a chance I wouldn't get $200 but if a 1TB PS4 didn't fetch the max for the promo I don't know what else would.
I did find that extra $25 toward a new system on their website. $175 towards a pro wouldn't be too bad and you wouldn't have to deal with returning the switch either.I was also wondering about the "up to" value as well. Someone mentioned on the switch thread that only the ps4 pro would get the $200. That's bs because in the app it doesn't say anything about trading in a pro. It just says ps4. I hope everything works out with whatever you decide to do.

Not sure if most of you are aware but: 

"Effective Apil 1st 2017 rewards will not require a $5 earn minimum for an eBay bucks certificate to be issued"

Not necessarily Gamestop related but I thought I would share, would come in handy for those who recur to ebay for flips! ;)

Wondering if someone would be kind enough to summarize the deals right now. Read through 20+ pages but info is all over the place in between very helpful posts about traveling experiences.
It sounds like there is a trade coupon now? How do we get that?
People are using b2g1 coupons to flip to bby or something? Does the pur b2g1 now work on unlimited games instead of one group of 3?
Can anyone make some sense of this thread?
Yeah I wish they would update the first post or somthing. Sometimes there is pages with just people talking about nothing really.

Hmmm.. just got an email about a PUR change. A "blowout sale" (which are items at the same prices they've been for a month) to make room for the "easier" reward center.

Anybody have a clue what the new "experience" will entail? I'd hate to have a repeat of Club Nintendo where people are having to take scraps for the sake of losing points.

My brother just messaged me about trading in his OG X-Box One today. The site says he can get $120 cash for it, after he was initially told he'd get $70 for it a while ago. I know there's the promo for trading in towards a Switch, but just a regular trade-in, is that price good for today only, or will it be that way for the rest of the week?

My brother just messaged me about trading in his OG X-Box One today. The site says he can get $120 cash for it, after he was initially told he'd get $70 for it a while ago. I know there's the promo for trading in towards a Switch, but just a regular trade-in, is that price good for today only, or will it be that way for the rest of the week?
wow, i guess its a bump to get to the "up to $200". but $150 store credit seems nuts.

wow, i guess its a bump to get to the "up to $200". but $150 store credit seems nuts.
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit confused. I never trade or sell at Gamestop, but he asked me to look into it because it looks too good to be true, especially since he's not trading in his slim.

switch200trade.jpg

***Nintendo Switch Trade: Offer valid 3/20/17-3/26/17. Valid toward a new Nintendo Switch system.

base values have nothing to do with the switch bonus, base value for xbox one is $150

the only thing that "switch bonus" even counts as is the $25 extra towards new consoles.

Yeah I wish they would update the first post or somthing. Sometimes there is pages with just people talking about nothing really.
What threads like this need is a sticky post showing current deals that appears at the top of every page.

Also in my fantasy world, be nice to have a way of separating out deal talk from the other talk. For example, by default every post gets posted as social unless you flag it as deal talk. And then everyone can choose to filter by social, deal or both.

Hmmm.. just got an email about a PUR change. A "blowout sale" (which are items at the same prices they've been for a month) to make room for the "easier" reward center.

Anybody have a clue what the new "experience" will entail? I'd hate to have a repeat of Club Nintendo where people are having to take scraps for the sake of losing points.
I got the same email. Although there will be a new system, it doesn't seem like your points will expire or anything.

I just noticed Xenoblade Chronicles X is being clearanced out for $29.97 ($27.99 used). Is this a price drop? Or has it been this price for a while?

Well there is a gamestop roughly 30 min from me with the switch in stock. They wouldn't say how many they had or hold one for me eother and said they were first come first serve so really dunno if its worth driving 30 min away to possibly not get one.

Well there is a gamestop roughly 30 min from me with the switch in stock. They wouldn't say how many they had or hold one for me eother and said they were first come first serve so really dunno if its worth driving 30 min away to possibly not get one.
Probably not worth it IMO. Risk of it being sold is too high.

I have a few questions if you don't mind. I recently (24ish hours ago from this post) had a spontaneous trip to Gamestop after not visiting in ages. I wanted to sell my phone and some games I that I had doubled dipped on via PC DD. I had planned on picking up two new games for around $100 on PS4.

To my surprise I had an option to renew my PUR for 'free' with the extra trade credit and discount's I"d get by going pre-owned so I figured why not. I've been out of the loop for a number of years now and wanted to ask:

1) Do I still get a B2G1 coupon for renewing? If so, is this the one that can be used multiple times? If so, only on one transaction or multiple?

2) I want to get into the flipping scene, I see there is a limit of around $3k a month at gamestop and for safety reasons you shouldn't trade in the same title more than 3 or 4 times per month. I guess my question here is where do I start?

Someone needs to write a book on the art of flipping with an a-z explanation. I nominate blackbeard. People either want a step by step instructional or they want to tar and feather people who are successful at doing it.

Someone needs to write a book on the art of flipping with an a-z explanation. I nominate blackbeard. People either want a step by step instructional or they want to tar and feather people who are successful at doing it.
Or we could just keep making fun of people who don't know how it works. I'm fine with that :p

Ok. I want to get into the making fun of people who dont know how it works.

To my surprise i ve been out of the loop for a number of years and wanted to ask:
1) If I make fun of someone would I be able to do that forever. Forever? Forever ever. Forever ever?

2) i want to get into making fun of people but there is a limit. For safety reasons i shouldnt make fun of morenthan 3-4 people? I guess my question here is where do I start?

I think blackbeard does enough for us.

I have a few questions if you don't mind. I recently (24ish hours ago from this post) had a spontaneous trip to Gamestop after not visiting in ages. I wanted to sell my phone and some games I that I had doubled dipped on via PC DD. I had planned on picking up two new games for around $100 on PS4.

To my surprise I had an option to renew my PUR for 'free' with the extra trade credit and discount's I"d get by going pre-owned so I figured why not. I've been out of the loop for a number of years now and wanted to ask:

1) Do I still get a B2G1 coupon for renewing? If so, is this the one that can be used multiple times? If so, only on one transaction or multiple?

2) I want to get into the flipping scene, I see there is a limit of around $3k a month at gamestop and for safety reasons you shouldn't trade in the same title more than 3 or 4 times per month. I guess my question here is where do I start?
1. Yes, one time on multiple sets of 3.

2. The limit is really around $1.5k, do not trade in more then 4 games a month. You start with the spreadsheet in the wiki on the first page or blackbeards sig, shouldn't be too hard to figure out from that. Usually the best time for boomerangs is the last weekend of the month when there is a trade credit bump.

Seriously, I will take the time to answer this stuff in the wiki. Blackbeard does so much already.

I do a lot of shit talking, but I'd rather not add to the toxicity. If people want to pm me questions that they have or know the ones that get asked all the time I will update the wiki with the question and proper answers.

Biggest benefit of this idea is no searching through pages.

I think blackbeard does enough for us.

1. Yes, one time on multiple sets of 3.

2. The limit is really around $1.5k, do not trade in more then 4 games a month. You start with the spreadsheet in the wiki on the first page or blackbeards sig, shouldn't be too hard to figure out from that. Usually the best time for boomerangs is the last weekend of the month when there is a trade credit bump.
Thank you for your reply. Much obliged. I'll get researching using the spreadsheet right away.

Any update on gamestop restocking the switch in Texas?
I got a text from GS earlier, it's happening! Or more likely, it's already happened and you're too late. :)

Ok. I want to get into the making fun of people who dont know how it works.

To my surprise i ve been out of the loop for a number of years and wanted to ask:
1) If I make fun of someone would I be able to do that forever. Forever? Forever ever. Forever ever?

2) i want to get into making fun of people but there is a limit. For safety reasons i shouldnt make fun of morenthan 3-4 people? I guess my question here is where do I start?
An addendum to No. 1:

Forever never seems that long until you're grown

I fucking hate dogs
Reported. Unless your words are out of order, in which case I understand but still reported.

Real talk though I volunteer to write an FAQ for the wiki and keep the snarkiness to a minimum. That way we will be better justified in making fun of people for repeat questions :p I'll have it done by late tonight

Real talk though I volunteer to write an FAQ for the wiki and keep the snarkiness to a minimum. That way we will be better justified in making fun of people for repeat questions :p I'll have it done by late tonight
i volunteer to be one of many that wont be able to find the wiki or completely ignore it and ask my questions anyway cause i want my answers now, Merica!

1. Learn addition and subtraction. (ignore multiplication and division as BB's spreadsheet does it for you.)

2. Buy things that whose price is lower than what GS says they will give you for it.

3. Go to GS, and say "I want to trade some stuff." 

4. Interact with GC corporate slave. Do not answer their questions. Sign up for PUR pro if its your first time.

5. Receive trade credit. 

Hot tip:

There's a seller on ebay called alphatronic

He sells X1 controllers for $15 as broken but they mostly aren't broken. I've bought a lot from him (at least 4-8 a month for a while) and maybe 1 out of 10 actually has an issue. I don't know where he gets them, but he has so many he just doesn't bother testing them. If you wait for a ebay promo like extra ebay bucks or $15 off $75 you can get them even lower. Sometimes he has the ones with 3.5mm jacks for $18. Different SKU in GS trade so thats an extra 4 you can trade a month.

I did find that extra $25 toward a new system on their website. $175 towards a pro wouldn't be too bad and you wouldn't have to deal with returning the switch either.I was also wondering about the "up to" value as well. Someone mentioned on the switch thread that only the ps4 pro would get the $200. That's bs because in the app it doesn't say anything about trading in a pro. It just says ps4. I hope everything works out with whatever you decide to do.
Well my store was already out of the Switch restock when I got there so I wasn't tempted to try to trade towards it and return it. The extra $25 for any hardware wasn't ringing up so they just took $25 off the Pro. After throwing in a couple of old Ipods that barely held a charge that were an extra $25 each (plus base), I was able to trade those along with my BO3 PS4 and get a pro for about $130. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst.

Well my store was already out of the Switch restock when I got there so I wasn't tempted to try to trade towards it and return it. The extra $25 for any hardware wasn't ringing up so they just took $25 off the Pro. After throwing in a couple of old Ipods that barely held a charge that were an extra $25 each (plus base), I was able to trade those along with my BO3 PS4 and get a pro for about $130. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst.
That's not bad deal at all. I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. Enjoy your new ps4 pro.

So since they are running that extra trade in credit and the fact that I got a 4k tv with hdr with my tax return I may pull the trigger on the PS4 Pro. Since with boost mode o hear it actually helps more games then it hinders now. However, I just recently copied all my PS4 games to the external HD I bought recently. My question is does anyone know of I will have to redownload all that stuff to my external if I get the ps4 pro? Or can ai just plug in my external and be good to roll.

base values have nothing to do with the switch bonus, base value for xbox one is $150

the only thing that "switch bonus" even counts as is the $25 extra towards new consoles.
Whoa, base value for 500GB Xbox One is $150? Is this the highest it has been in awhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back