GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one of the $460 switch bundles, and was sent an email for a coupon to trade in hardware for certain values.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your GameStop.com Order # xxxxxxx for the Nintendo Switch! We are excited to inform you of a special trade-in promotion you activated with your order of the Nintendo Switch. This offer is exclusive to online order guests. From 3/25 until 4/30, you can receive extra trade credit for your systems. Since your order is already processing, please feel free to use this trade credit towards your next purchase.

• Receive $200 when you trade any PS4.*

• Receive $175 when you trade any Xbox One.*

• Receive $150 when you trade any New Nintendo 3DS or Wii U (32GB).*

Simply show this email and your Nintendo Switch order confirmation email to a GameStop associate at your local store. The associate can use the following coupon codes to activate this offer: xxxxxxxx

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing GameStop!

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop

*Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Before they close today, can someone clear up all the trade bonuses on hardware they've got going on now?

There's a 50 percent bonus on "tech" trades. But also $50 extra on Ipads. Are these combinable, or if on a certain iPad it's more profitable to get 50% than $50 can you pick which promo to use?

Then there's $25 extra on old hardware towards new hardware (consoles), along with the bonuses on old consoles towards a Switch, which I would be okay with doing to get maximum value out of a PS4 launch trade, and then craigslist the Switch at face value. (Should be easy it's still so rare). Are these promos combinable, or is it automatic (the extra $25 would come up naturally but then an additional amount if put towards Switch?)

All in all I just wanna get as close to $200 as possible for a PS4 "fat" trade.

Anyone know if the 4 for 10 is still going? I tried to ask at 3 stores when it ends yesterday and nobody knew. (shocking)
I went back to one of the stores that I went to yesterday to trade a few games and bought 4 more $4.99 games for $2.25 each today:

Brutal Legend - PS3
Just Dance 3 - PS3
L.A. Noire - PS3
The Darkness - PS3

I'm only buying complete games from this sale which makes it harder to find stuff that will qualify. Truthfully, I only bought Just Dance 3 to get four games, but I do own the PS3 Move controller so I'll probably play it. A lot of that store's qualifying titles were old sports games and rhythm games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band), so I figured I better get the more highly reviewed games before they were gone.

I went back to one of the stores that I went to yesterday to trade a few games and bought 4 more $4.99 games for $2.25 each today:

Brutal Legend - PS3
Just Dance 3 - PS3
L.A. Noire - PS3
The Darkness - PS3

I'm only buying complete games from this sale which makes it harder to find stuff that will qualify. Truthfully, I only bought Just Dance 3 to get four games, but I do own the PS3 Move controller so I'll probably play it. A lot of that store's qualifying titles were old sports games and rhythm games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band), so I figured I better get the more highly reviewed games before they were gone.
I've picked up 20 games complete, bc of this sale

I've picked up 20 games complete, bc of this sale
Some people think backlogging is bad, but even if you go back only one console generation, there are people who wish they had bought certain GameCube, PS2, and Xbox games when they were dirt cheap and plentiful. I consider sales like the current one a form of future proofing. There will be a time when many of these games won't be abundant at retail and won't be easily purchased without having to pay a shipping charge. So that's how I can resolve buying 16 games in a weekend to myself. Also, I just recently discovered how awesome the PS3 is even though I've had one for a few years. The games are extremely cheap for it, and they're even cheaper with this sale. If I get bored with one, I just put in another and play that one instead.

gamestop is set to close down 2-3% of stores across the country translating to close to 200 stores(cnn). The great flip of 2016 really hurt them this time.

I know it was mentioned awhile back that they removed the trade value for GR: Wildlands. Did anyone find out why? It looks like they aren't selling them used (at least online).

gamestop is set to close down 2-3% of stores across the country translating to close to 200 stores(cnn). The great flip of 2016 really hurt them this time.
As opposed to many of their other illogical business practices, this one would actually make sense. I've often wondered why there are two stores near me that are only two traffic lights away from each other. Then, I remember that I can flip duplicates of the same game at both stores and I stop thinking such an awful thought.

As opposed to many of their other illogical business practices, this one would actually make sense. I've often wondered why there are two stores near me that are only two traffic lights away from each other. Then, I remember that I can flip duplicates of the same game at both stores and I stop thinking such an awful thought.
I had the same thing; there were 2 GS on the same street about a mile apart, split by a freeway. I've had 2 or my 5 stores close last year.

Picked up Wii: MadWorld, Epic Mickey, and Metroid Corruption w/ Starhawk for PS3 for about $9 and change from this sale (after PUR discount on top of 4 for 10). I couldn't find anything else I needed after searching through the various system's $4.99 games. 

Picked up Wii: MadWorld, Epic Mickey, and Metroid Corruption w/ Starhawk for PS3 for about $9 and change from this sale (after PUR discount on top of 4 for 10). I couldn't find anything else I needed after searching through the various system's $4.99 games.
There were no $4.99 or under Wii games at the stores I visited. You lucked out!

I have two gamestops that are right across the street from each other. And about 20 miles away I have 3 all within a mall shopping plaza, one of them being inside the mall. They do it in areas where there is more demand. If a store is constantly selling out of inventory and not able to keep newer titles in stock they open anther close by to make more games available in that area.

but yea with talks of the store closings this will prob be a thing of the past. I can see any area with multiples getting one axed. I just hope it's not the GS I like going too, used to be a Funcoland. Have good memories there :(

There were no $4.99 or under Wii games at the stores I visited. You lucked out!
I had to go to a couple to find them. The first didn't have a CIB MadWorld but the second did so I just switched that one out. I did luck out on the first one have four with only one being gutted.

Okay I'll bite, why? TIV is 50 cents. Is this a Corey in the house situation?

BTW there are typically some big spring sales that are good for boomeranging that haven't happened yet right? Not directed at BB just in general.
Anyone who doesn't know the beauty of RTHR does not deserve to own a copy. The fact that you would dare to compare Corey in The House to this masterpiece is making a mockery of all gamers everywhere. I am sad now.

Okay I'll bite, why? TIV is 50 cents. Is this a Corey in the house situation?

BTW there are typically some big spring sales that are good for boomeranging that haven't happened yet right? Not directed at BB just in general.
Just google Ride to Hell: Retribution. It is widely considered the worst video game ever made by a lot of people

Anyone who doesn't know the beauty of RTHR does not deserve to own a copy. The fact that you would dare to compare Corey in The House to this masterpiece is making a mockery of all gamers everywhere. I am sad now.
giphy.gif

I went to a store to see what they had for the 4 for $10. I have/don't need any of the games they have. They had Battlefield Bad Company 2 though.

Crap. I bought two $5 games the other day ( facebreaker and dead to rights) but removed the pre-owned stickers off of them. Could I just bring the receipt and basically ask for two more games?

Crap. I bought two $5 games the other day ( facebreaker and dead to rights) but removed the pre-owned stickers off of them. Could I just bring the receipt and basically ask for two more games?
Most likely yes. That's what I do, but my Gamestop generally has pretty cool people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back