GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't lose your points... the only person who said that is someone who "thinks" they saw an email about it awhile ago. You only lose your points if you go 12 months without making a purchase or trade-in on your account

If you use E-Rewards to get Gamestop gift cards, check your account. There was a massive cancellation of accounts these past few weeks.

https://www.surveypolice.com/e-rewards
SUCK. I'm glad I stopped using them a while back, well before they doubled the prices of gift cards. If I hadn't stopped before then I would have definitely stopped at that point. :)

Sorry, this is what I saw and saw something in the store. Will have to ask my friend that works at one.

I do not know if you lose your points I just wonder why they say LAST CHANCE

If you go to Gamestop and then Power Up rewards and sign in your will see the coming soon and Last chance pop up

I got the same e-mail. It says "Last Chance to redeem points for current catalog offerings"

vuBJClc.png

All it sounds like to me is the item prices will change after April 30th. Nothing about our points expiring.

What is the subject of that email?

EDIT:  Gmail starting agreeing with me.  This is the subject of my email:

Are You Ready for a New Era of PowerUp Rewards?

That was pretty much the gist of it. Underneath it showed a few catalog items with their sale prices. Other than that, there wasn't anything else in the e-mail.

They're gonna follow BB lead and cut the value of rewards in half. There's never a "franchise is closing 200 stores" story that follows with "and to build brand loyalty they will create new benefits ...."

Time to cash out just in case. Hopefully the new way will do away with coupons and just apply point balances towards purchases like most credit card rewards do.

They're gonna follow BB lead and cut the value of rewards in half. There's never a "franchise is closing 200 stores" story that follows with "and to build brand loyalty they will create new benefits ...."
Exactly. it's been amazing stacking points just by trading in and buying with that same credit. Best Buy won't give you points for buying stuff with gift cards. Whatever the changes, we'll find a loophole lol

Nevermind boomeranging, there are a decent amount of games with the 4/10 I wanna keep.

Enslaved, Titanfall 1, Black Ops 1, Fable 3, The Bureau, Condemned 2, Killzone 3, Max Payne 3, ZOTE HD all for at worst $2.25 each and way less if I get one Bad Company 2 for every three, and trade those Battlefields in with the $5 coupon.

Some great games I already had in that price range too, Uncharted 2, MGS4, Skyrim.

Grabbed Dark Void, Alpha Protocol, and two other PS3 games that I can't remember the names of right now. Kind of off topic but I received the "Nintendo switch promo" email from GameStop just today (the one that lets you trade in a PS4 for $200, Xbox one for $175, or N3DS for $150). The wierd thing is that I bought my Switch in store, I thought the emails were exclusive to people who bought one of the Switch bundles online. I'm considering trading in my Xbox one now just because I haven't used it in 3 months and I want to have some potential credit ready for the Scorpio.

Nevermind boomeranging, there are a decent amount of games with the 4/10 I wanna keep.

Enslaved, Titanfall 1, Black Ops 1, Fable 3, The Bureau, Condemned 2, Killzone 3, Max Payne 3, ZOTE HD all for at worst $2.25 each and way less if I get one Bad Company 2 for every three, and trade those Battlefields in with the $5 coupon.

Some great games I already had in that price range too, Uncharted 2, MGS4, Skyrim.
Aaarrrgghhh!!!! I wish the ZOE collection was 5 bucks on ps3 too. Beyond that, this is such a great deal to catch up on games that I wouldn't pay 60 for but can gamble 2.50 a piece for.

Aaarrrgghhh!!!! I wish the ZOE collection was 5 bucks on ps3 too. Beyond that, this is such a great deal to catch up on games that I wouldn't pay 60 for but can gamble 2.50 a piece for.
THIS is why I like GameStop. I used to rarely stopped by the local GS to buy games in the past, due to finding them cheaper online and at swap meets/flea markets. Now GS has the better deal on last generation games. I just recently took advantage on the last B3G1 deal for 60 PS3 games (came out to be about ~$3 per game, as some were $6-$10 instead of the <$5). Currently scouting multiple local GS locations for X360 games to take advantage of the 4 for $10 deal. Love it.

Picked up Tokyo mirage sessions special edition for $49.97 today.

They had to open in to put a case on the floor (what?!) but I still took it.

So GameStop is ruining the points program as well now? I'm sure they will figure out some thinly veiled way to make a $5 off used require you to spend $700 in used product only. Or take away points for trade ins. Or make rewards coupons only good on "need culture gear".

This company is arrogant and ignorant in its leadership. As they continue to struggle financially they will continue to try to tighten the belt until that becomes their noose they hang on. Deals will disappear. Trade values will hit new lows, products will stay at higher prices longer and higher than competitors.

They will attempt to use marketing and deception to convince people they have "deals" instead of actually providing them or competing.

It's going to be an interesting next 3-5 years for GameStop.

Last edited:
I have a b2g1 coupon that is expiring shortly and there isn't anything that I really want/need at the moment.  Without doing too much work is buying three copies of Watch Dogs 2 and trading them back in the best option I have?  I would get two for one system and one for the other but will trading them right back in look too obvious.  I don't trade too often so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a b2g1 coupon that is expiring shortly and there isn't anything that I really want/need at the moment. Without doing too much work is buying three copies of Watch Dogs 2 and trading them back in the best option I have? I would get two for one system and one for the other but will trading them right back in look too obvious. I don't trade too often so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Save it for this weekend, there might be a stealth bump and better boomerangs

Your best bet is actually Zelda for switch or wiiu. You'll only lose 2.50 if you value the coupon at 15 bucks. Watch Dogs 2 and Just Dance 2017 are also good options though. There's a b2g1 tab on the sheets. I also agree to wait till the weekend there might be a stealth bump.
I looked at the sheet I just didn't figure that I would be able to get three copies of Zelda from the same store and from what I saw in the store the other day I don't think it will be difficult to find three copies of Watch Dogs 2. I am just wondering what kind of reaction I am going to get if I buy three copies of the same game and then trade them right back in. I will wait until the weekend as you guys are suggesting regardless I just am curious what kind or reaction you guys get when you do something like this.

If I buy multiple games to trade, I usually try to find one on each platform. Makes it a lil easier to come up with an excuse. "Oh my friend has an Xbox One and he doesn't want his copy anymore."

I looked at the sheet I just didn't figure that I would be able to get three copies of Zelda from the same store and from what I saw in the store the other day I don't think it will be difficult to find three copies of Watch Dogs 2. I am just wondering what kind of reaction I am going to get if I buy three copies of the same game and then trade them right back in. I will wait until the weekend as you guys are suggesting regardless I just am curious what kind or reaction you guys get when you do something like this.
Ya maybe don't buy them and immediately trade them right back in lol. Go to a different store or come back for a different shift. They will clearly catch on to do what you are doing. I've NEVER bought games and then immediately traded them back after purchasing. You are just asking them to flag your account. Please think it through a bit more.

Here's my hot tips: mix n match. I.e. Buy 1 Zelda switch one Wii U, and something else for the same price. Doesn't have to be the same game. That way when you trade them back in you don't have to worry about a jr detective. The official limit is one per console per store but I've had guys let me break it if you're cool just don't rely on it. Two don't trade it back at the same store on the same day that's asking to get your account flagged. Good chance you have another store close by just go there.

So what is the most practical or worthwhile item to apply PUR points toward , at the moment?  I will probably just get $$$ off certificates on new or pre-owned merchandise...

Ya maybe don't buy them and immediately trade them right back in lol. Go to a different store or come back for a different shift. They will clearly catch on to do what you are doing. I've NEVER bought games and then immediately traded them back after purchasing. You are just asking them to flag your account. Please think it through a bit more.
When I say trade it right back in I was referring to different stores. I have two stores that are about a tenth of a mile away.

I have a b2g1 coupon that is expiring shortly and there isn't anything that I really want/need at the moment. Without doing too much work is buying three copies of Watch Dogs 2 and trading them back in the best option I have? I would get two for one system and one for the other but will trading them right back in look too obvious. I don't trade too often so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can usually get away with 2 copies. I do that and just say it's for a friend/my brother. I have done 2 of the same platform and then the same game on a 2nd platform. Example is 2 CoD on XB1 and a 3rd CoD on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back