GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am stuck at best buy. Some idiot is refusing to let me uncharted 4 because the cover Says not for resale. It is ok right?

I am stuck at best buy. Some idiot is refusing to let me teade6because the game no. Says not for resale. It is ok right
In my experience, BB doesn't take those that are marked not for resale. I've tried a few times in different stores but got rejected at all. Not sure if that's nationwide so YMMV. I just end up going to GS for those. I'm in San Jose if that matters.

So once I get the 30% bonus by getting mass effect can I just return it later and just get something cheaper then the rest on trade card??

So once I get the 30% bonus by getting mass effect can I just return it later and just get something cheaper then the rest on trade card??
That's what I'll be doing with the copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix I picked up. I do want to play the game, but I'll wait until it's cheaper and pick it up later.

I just got back from my trade in. I traded in New Super Mario Bros 2 3DS for $37.50 with $5 trade in card. I bought it for ~$13 on Best Buy Buy 2 get one free on Black Friday. I made a pretty good profit. I was going to finish it but it's Mario so i'm not missing much. I was going to trade in during the last trade bump but I missed it. I only missed on a couple dollars so it's fine. I got KH 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. I was surprised they let me use the extra $5 trade in card and they even gave some cards to use. I got a gift receipt and returned it to the next store that I went to. I just made up some excuse that somebody bought for me with my card and I told them that I had no PS4. I should have returned it at a different day but it was worth trying to see if I could it. I'll just return it a different day from now on so I don't have to make up excuses and look suspicious. 

Hmm, for gossipy reasons can't wait to see if any GS I know of by horrible customer service experiences got shaqfucanned.

And hoping my favorite friendly ones are okay.

So how do you steal from red box, do you Fonzi the machine like a bag of Fritos that didn't fall down, don't they have cameras like ATMs?

Sounds like they're rushing to shut these stores down before April's rent is due.
Stolen CCs, also they used to take those pre paid Vanilla GCs that are visa branded. So put 25 on, go rent a game. Spend the remaining balance then when the card bounces after the game being gone seven days who cares? There's a few other methods but I'd rather not encourage shady fucks to rip off other redbox users.

Just a heads up red dead redemption GOTY edition is $14.99 new and flips for $24.25 after PUR and the $5 coupon. Make sure you ask for the card when you buy the game. Nice boomerang opportunity.

Just a heads up red dead redemption GOTY edition is $14.99 new and flips for $24.25 after PUR and the $5 coupon. Make sure you ask for the card when you buy the game. Nice boomerang opportunity.
I'm pretty sure the 30% extra trade in would work on it too making it a bigger boomerang.

Thanks for the heads up. I just hope the value holds until I get it tommorow.

fucking watched a guy today trade in like 7-8 clearly stolen redbox games and the cashier didn't even bat an eye. How do I know they were stolen you ask? He was trading in mass effect andromeda for xbone and PS4, RBI baseball for xbone, the show for PS4, and wild lands (maybe missed a fe). No fucking chance he's trading in 7-8 less than two week old games across multiple systems for cash. Wasn't even trying to be slick and peeling off the labels.
I do not mean to be the guy saying I know a guy but I know someone that works for Redbox and they on occassion give out movies and games. Maybe he got the recent games somehow.

I do not mean to be the guy saying I know a guy but I know someone that works for Redbox and they on occassion give out movies and games. Maybe he got the recent games somehow.
Lol he wound up with 8 new games sans case that were less than 2 weeks old? His homey hooked him up with 200 bucks of games? Alright guy. Glad you believe in the human spirit. Shit was stolen and you fucking know it.

oh sweet this will be my first boomerang thanks for the heads up.

That's what I'll be doing with the copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix I picked up. I do want to play the game, but I'll wait until it's cheaper and pick it up later.

Yeah exactly especially when I have gcu why would I want to spend 65 lol but let me know how it goes for u on your return or exchange.

Ordered some games off GS website. They were shipped via UPS ground, but the delivery estimate states I won't receive them until next Monday (4/3). Does UPS not deliver ground shipments on Saturdays? Sorta stupid if they don't, as I changed my mind and want to return the games, but I'm not sure if next Monday technically falls within the 7 day return period...

Ordered some games off GS website. They were shipped via UPS ground, but the delivery estimate states I won't receive them until next Monday (4/3). Does UPS not deliver ground shipments on Saturdays? Sorta stupid if they don't, as I changed my mind and want to return the games, but I'm not sure if next Monday technically falls within the 7 day return period...
Correct, ups ground is only weekdays. Next/2nd day air & express include Saturdays.

They didn't notify me at all. I thought if they were closing a store they had to notify any existing pre-order holders they were being transferred over to another store. The store closed up overnight it seems. I swear it was opened a few days ago. I only noticed this morning because it still shows in the app that they have stock but it now the had a "( C )" next to the location name and I can no longer set it as my home store. I told my wife and she swung by to check right now and she says the signs are all gone and all the merchandise and displays are gone too.
When you say "( C )" was next to the store, did it appear exactly as that? I was looking to see if any I could identify were closed, and I don't see that on GameStop's stores anywhere I checked. However, I saw a lot with "S/C" listed, didn't know if that's what you were referring to, or if that's some abbreviation for a "Shopping Center."

Online orders have a 30 day return period

When you say "( C )" was next to the store, did it appear exactly as that? I was looking to see if any I could identify were closed, and I don't see that on GameStop's stores anywhere I checked. However, I saw a lot with "S/C" listed, didn't know if that's what you were referring to, or if that's some abbreviation for a "Shopping Center."
It used to be just North Ranch Mall before today and now it shows in the android app as North Ranch Mall ( C ). The store has been completely removed from the website from what I saw today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It used to be just North Ranch Mall before today and now it shows in the android app as North Ranch Mall ( C ). The store has been completely removed from the website from what I saw today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Gotcha, I was a bit hopeful that one of the 3 in my town would close. I must really hate this city because every time I see a report of store closings, I hope to find one of mine. I was disappointed when only one of our 2 K-Marts closed and our JC Penny was to stay open. Still waiting on Sears to become a literal sinkhole in our mall.

I just got back from my trade in. I traded in New Super Mario Brs 2 3DS for $37.50 with $5 trade in card. I bought it for ~$13 on Best Buy Buy 2 get one free on Black Friday. I made a pretty good profit. I was going to finish it but it's Mario so i'm not missing much. I was going to trade in during the last trade bump but I missed it. I only missed on a couple dollars so it's fine. I got KH 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. I was surprised they let me use the extra $5 trade in card and they even gave some cards to use. I got a gift receipt and returned it to the next store that I went to. I just made up some excuse that somebody bought for me with my card and I told them that I had no PS4. I should have returned it at a different day but it was worth trying to see if I could it. I'll just return it a different day from now on so I don't have to make up excuses and look suspicious.
Very impressive that all 13 sentences in this post begin with the word "I"

Who needs a diary when you have the GameStop CAG thread :lol:

Me just got back from my trade in. Me traded in New Super Mario Bros 2 3DS for $37.50 with $5 trade in card. Me bought it for ~$13 on Best Buy Buy 2 get one free on Black Friday. Me made a pretty good profit. Me was going to finish it but it's Mario so me not missing much. Me was going to trade in during the last trade bump but me missed it. Me only missed on a couple dollars so it's fine. Me got KH 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. Me was surprised they let me use the extra $5 trade in card and they even gave some cards to use. Me got a gift receipt and returned it to the next store that me went to. Me just made up some excuse that somebody bought for me with my card and me told them that me had no PS4. Me should have returned it at a different day but it was worth trying to see if me could it. Me just return it a different day from now on so me don't have to make up excuses and look suspicious.
FTFY O:)

egywNuyx.png

Friggen Sims 3 DS coming up at $20-25, shoulda bought the dozen $3.99 copies Target had on clearance a year or two ago.

I'm so glad CAG works so hard to critique my grammar. :dunce:
I am sorry if I offended you. I did not attempt to correct your grammar. I merely tried to help you with sentence structure. I also think it's rather funny that all sentences in your last paragraph began with "I." I think it's easy to do that when treating the GameStop CAG thread like a diary though. I will be sure not to do it anymore. I hope I didn't upset you. I just want to be the best CAG I can possibly be. I am currently taking a dump while typing this. I think I will use Red Dead GOTY to turn my credit into cash tomorrow. I will be sure to trade in the games at different stores though. I am going to get Chick-Fil-A breakfast tomorrow, woohoo! I had a very hard time typing 13 sentences in a row that all started with "I," but here ya go!

^^^^^ lol good to have funny posts once in a while why r some ppl so serious. We are all fellow CAGs or u can just go to reddit if u prefer. I think it's worse when it comes to rude ppl and stuff.

I hope you enjoy your Chick-fil-A breakfast. I think it's very delicious. I recommend you stay close to a bathroom afterwards. I think they put extra fiber in the egg substitute.

is this what they called cyber bullying? one person mock someone and everyone bandwagon it?

glad cag is better than gamefaqs, reddit, and neogaf... amirite guys?

would including a gif, jpg, or meme get me some likes? please let me know how i can make condescending posts and get some likes...

is this what they called cyber bullying? one person mock someone and everyone bandwagon it?

glad cag is better than gamefaqs, reddit, and neogaf... amirite guys?

would including a gif, jpg, or meme get me some likes? please let me know how i can make condescending posts and get some likes...
photo-thumb-366332.jpg

How hard will it be to reacquire NSMB 2 for 3DS cheaply if I trade it in? Is it OoP like Majora's Mask/Fire Emblem Awakening/Bravely Default, etc. ?

Have a couple of PS4 friends begging me to play ME: A MP with them. (Own ME on XB1.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back