GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man just noticed that The Witcher III Complete got a big bump.  Could have gotten almost $10 more than 2 weeks ago. Some other bumps I might have to consider now also.

Im not sure if it has been mentioned already but the Black Ops Collection was also a good boomerang again if you have extra $5 coupons/buying one of those new games for the 30% bump

ajh2298 said:
I have two XB1's I wanted to get rid of. I wanted to trade one in towards hopefully a Switch bundle preorder for $175 and than go back and trade the second one one towards the same preorder a day or two later for another $175. At least that's how I was hoping it would work out.
There is no switch console/bundle left to pre-order, so you would have to pay for the whole thing at this point.

Confidance said:
I keep a preorder mule available for such deals.

Example:

I still have a KH 1.5/2.5 preordered in my local store. You can still deposit on that game i.e. layaway as long as you preordered the title before release. I trade, add a couple bucks to my preorder, still wont pick it up, still receive the bonus
This sounds like a special dispensation. I can't imagine they wouldn't force you to pick it up after the game releases.

This stealth bump worked out really nicely for me with Target clearance, made a nice profit literally just walking some games next door since they're in the same plaza for me.
Totally. And my Targets only had $10 Life is Stranges not $6. Had things really worked out for me, a GS store with a DGAF employee, and four of each console's Life is Strange for $6 a piece, could've effectively got a $200 console for $50.

I went to eight GS yesterday and not one employee had heard of either 4 for 10 or the 20% bonus deal on anything.

Did you get them to take 1 and 2 as the 1/2 combo pack? If so, how?
Yeah, the artwork states that it's the combo pack. It was $24.25 after the $5 card. they just type it in since it doesn't have UPC or it says not for resale. $18.20 for blops 3. I tried the :ps3: version while I was trading in Red Deads. I'm not sure if it's the same for the Xbox 360 collection

Did you get them to take 1 and 2 as the 1/2 combo pack? If so, how?
Go back 100 pages! lolol :throws tantrum: XDDDD :whee: ohmahgawsh
Have gone over this at least 2x already smh. At least the search function works for "Black Ops Collection" tho it is not numbers friendly sadly lol =)

Recites like a parrot..lol..If u get the ps3 version, it has 2 boxes: 1+2 bo combo pack box & bo3 box. Idk about x360 coz that has always had lower tiv and i think its packaged differently...like how Borderlands Triple Pack and Mass Effect Trilogy and Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition were packaged differently depending on platform. From the unboxing videos on Youtube it seems like the x360 version has all 3 games in a single box so u can't trade them in as separate boxes but idk if the videos r showing the usa version or another region's version.
Make sure u don't bring the the ps3 slipcase in lol coz the black ops collection 1-3 has the same tiv as combo pack 1+2 ...both of the collection's tiv for both platforms r neglecting the value of bo3.

Anyways I only have 1 $5 card left from February =( r they giving out the same exact cards as earlier this year? Or is there something different on this new batch of cards? I didn't go to GS last month & forgot to spend my 20% off birthday coupon ='( lol

Yeah, the artwork states that it's the combo pack. It was $24.25 after the $5 card. they just type it in since it doesn't have UPC or it says not for resale. $18.20 for blops 3. I tried the :ps3: version while I was trading in Red Deads. I'm not sure if it's the same for the Xbox 360 collection
Thanks. I think ill swing another 30 off of flips on that one tomorrow.

Hopefully my 30 day period is up on that. I took full advantage of it on the Switcheration flipageddon

Without browsing hundreds of pages and archives, how often would you say there are GS to BB flips, without requiring something like a PURC B2G1?

Now that you can't buy other stores GCs with your GS credit.

Trying to save up for an atmos AVR.

Without browsing hundreds of pages and archives, how often would you say there are GS to BB flips, without requiring something like a PURC B2G1?

Usually only when BB has 50% bonus going since their TIV are mostly shit except for games that have released in the last month.

Now that's not entirely true. I Cashed out two hundred bucks in credit for Kohls cards the other day.

Funny to me how we now have a faq populated wiki and people don't have to go searching back pages for answers yet they still have attitudes when they are directed to a specific place for answers...

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions on this thread! Always helpful!

Ezio Collection for PS4 is a decent flip from BB to GS if you can find it in store. It's 26.99 at BB and if you can get 2 other games you want in the same price range you can trade it in to GS for $36 with the 20% trade in towards MLB or KH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB to GS new games, not their used B2G1, are basically Ezio Collection PS4, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 Xbox One and PS4. Can gain $10-12 flipping with $5 code from page 1 of this thread, or $12-15 if both the $5 scan and 20% bonus towards MLB/Kingdom/ and maybe Persona.

I did pretty well on the buy 4 for $10 today:

Adventures of Tintin - PS3
Child of Eden - PS3
Disgaea 3 - PS3
Fracture - PS3

They were all complete. This was a different store that had a lot of uncommon games, but I refuse to buy anything on this sale that's disc only or lacks a manual, so that's what I came away with. I also bought a preowned copy of the Lips: 80's Hits game for Xbox 360 for $9.99 which was 'a not for resale' copy. I collect karaoke video games, and that one seems to be somewhat rare, so I picked it up. After trading in The Force Awakens for 360 and The Sims 3 for 360, I still had $5.45 in credit left over. Niiiice!

Hey fellow CAGs target has the b1g1 on some EA games the best u can get from there is PVZ GW 2 for 30 so it's 15 each and the base value is 22.50. U get 29.90 with bonus so u double that just a heads up and that's only for the xbox one version.

This may be a dumb questions and I apologize if it's been answered (couldn't find it in the wiki) - can you get the $5 dollar extra credit coupon applied to multiple games in the same transaction or is it just once?

This may be a dumb questions and I apologize if it's been answered (couldn't find it in the wiki) - can you get the $5 dollar extra credit coupon applied to multiple games in the same transaction or is it just once?
Lol you can only use it once for the whole thing not individualy.

Read the updated wiki and op but I do have a few generic questions. My understanding from early in the yr after Christmas from my local store was that they would stop accepting the coupon altogether whether or not it was dated by an employee. Was that a company wide policy?

is it possible local stores may reject it? They told me they would start rejecting them whether or not an employee dated them. That's what got me confused

Hope I am not being too much of a bother. I started having problems getting them to accept the coupon late last yr and local stores started being actively hostile towards me. Just trying to figure out a way to use it again

From the FAQ on the first page:

"Q: What is the $5 bonus trade-in coupon?
A: Something that employees sometimes give out. DO NOT ASK FOR IT because there is a scan of this coupon right below this FAQ. It is a generic EBC code, so you can have the employee scan a picture of it, or just type in the coupon code at the register. Have the employee scan it during a trade-in, and you will receive $5 extra credit on your trade-in. This is a flat $5, not $5 per item. The employee has full discretion to deny you the coupon if you don’t have a physical coupon filled out."

Read the updated wiki and op but I do have a few generic questions. My understanding from early in the yr after Christmas from my local store was that they would stop accepting the coupon altogether whether or not it was dated by an employee. Was that a company wide policy?

is it possible local stores may reject it? They told me they would start rejecting them whether or not an employee dated them. That's what got me confused

Hope I am not being too much of a bother. I started having problems getting them to accept the coupon late last yr and local stores started being actively hostile towards me. Just trying to figure out a way to use it again
Again, from the FAQ on the first page:

"Q: What is the $5 bonus trade-in coupon?
A: Something that employees sometimes give out. DO NOT ASK FOR IT because there is a scan of this coupon right below this FAQ. It is a generic EBC code, so you can have the employee scan a picture of it, or just type in the coupon code at the register. Have the employee scan it during a trade-in, and you will receive $5 extra credit on your trade-in. This is a flat $5, not $5 per item. The employee has full discretion to deny you the coupon if you don’t have a physical coupon filled out."

From the FAQ on the first page:

[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Q: What is the $5 bonus trade-in coupon?[/size][/font][font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A: Something that employees sometimes give out. [/size][/font]DO NOT ASK FOR IT[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/size][/font]because there is a scan of this coupon right below this FAQ[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. It is a generic EBC code, so you can have the employee scan a picture of it, or just type in the coupon code at the register. Have the employee scan it during a trade-in, and you will receive $5 extra credit on your trade-in. This is a flat $5, not $5 per item. The employee has full discretion to deny you the coupon if you don’t have a physical coupon filled out."[/size][/font]
I saw that part, i just wanted to make sure they can't scan the coupon multiple times in the same transaction. The language doesn't directly answer that. Either way, thanks for the help!

Hey fellow CAGs target has the b1g1 on some EA games the best u can get from there is PVZ GW 2 for 30 so it's 15 each and the base value is 22.50. U get 29.90 with bonus so u double that just a heads up and that's only for the xbox one version.
Hopefully this works in-store too. The PS4 version is $20 at my local store.

Hopefully this works in-store too. The PS4 version is $20 at my local store.
Nice let me know how it goes for you i have stores that have it for 20 as well but it says online only who knows the system may even let you in store.

Is there an image of the flyer for this? I looked 5 pages back and at OP, but didn't find it

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like anytihng 4.99 and under.

Not seeing anything interesting in that range.

Thanks

So brickseek is showing on hand quantities for both but zero saleable. I'm guessing this means I have to walk my happy ass over?
Take your pedometer with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back