GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/63ld8h/poweruprewards/

Doing away with physical rewards and more coupons. Hoping it isn't true. Love getting some comics sent others to gift. Then again I did get screwed on my Funko Pop orders box was damaged in both shipments.....
Of course it's true it makes sense too. Less warehoused crap and more coupons. Hopefully you can just buy b2g1s outright and maybe for less than the 15 dollar renewal fee.

Of course it's true it makes sense too. Less warehoused crap and more coupons. Hopefully you can just buy b2g1s outright and maybe for less than the 15 dollar renewal fee.
I like some of the physical stuff....they can always keep that stuff with the ThinkGeek stuff so I don't really see it as much of a storage issue. They can't have that much reward catalog stuff taking up significant storage space.

Hmm. My local store got the gray switch in. But I'd have to completely empty my trade credit, and cash out all my reward points.

I could then theoretically Craigslist it for say $400, and I do need the money right now, but... kinda wanna hold onto TC for flips and stuff later on. Tempting.

Watched my home store show up then sell out on the spreadsheet while I've been at work.

Knew I should have just stayed home today!

Good luck with that lol, there are tons around me listed at $360ish and they've sat there for weeks
I can tell the scalpers don't care about the Switch anymore the GS inventory of them is not drying up nearly as fast as before. The NES Classics on the other hand are selling off fast. If they got more classics today I couldn't tell since the number of locations have been steadily going down.

A Gamestop near me has a NES classic but the employee there just told me that Gamestop said that the only way they can sell is if I buy it in a bundle with the switch which will be 600$. Has anyone had this issue?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

A Gamestop near me has a NES classic but the employee there just told me that Gamestop said that the only way they can sell is if I buy it in a bundle with the switch which will be 600$. Has anyone had this issue?

i call BS on that. when they have bundles they have the flyers to back it up. if he's just saying it but has no promotional flyers or any paperwork that has the " bundle" info its BS

i call BS on that. when they have bundles they have the flyers to back it up. if he's just saying it but has no promotional flyers or any paperwork that has the " bundle" info its BS
Aren't the bundles only online?

I can tell the scalpers don't care about the Switch anymore the GS inventory of them is not drying up nearly as fast as before. The NES Classics on the other hand are selling off fast. If they got more classics today I couldn't tell since the number of locations have been steadily going down.
Yeah there's a big difference between buying something for $60 to maybe scalp for a $60 profit, vs. buying a $300 item to maybe scalp for a $60 profit

Anyone see the GS employees that bought up all the restocked NES Classics and put them on eBay? Pretty hilarious. No wonder the employees on the GS Reddit were crapping on blackbeard. He's cutting into their profits :rofl:

Do you guys think they will open up more PS4 Destiny LE"s?
I'd say so being a GS exclusive they're gonna wanna get as many of those out as they can to sell the DLC along with the game.

hardened edition for black ops 3 was also a GS exclusive I believe, was somewhat hard to get around release but kept coming back in stock months after. both from activision and come with similar goodies which is why I bring it up.

For anyone curious the estimates I get right now for Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition that comes out tomorrow. Came from newly tweaked code too and also a larger 340 store sample now.

:XB1:

New In Stock: 61
New Low Stock: 279
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 462 - 924
National Range: 5299 - 10599
National Estimation: 7949

:pS4:

New In Stock: 106
New Low Stock: 234
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 552 - 1104
National Range: 6332 - 12664
National Estimation: 9498

So Nier is on sale for 50 bucks, does this stack with that gaming pass promo? Also, black have you looked at the clearance stuff lately to see if anything was worthwhile like those Gwent decks? I made like a 100 bucks on those dumb things.
Not sure why you showed me this? Nier and Nioh are two different games. Nioh is a soulsborne game set in Japan and Nier is a god of war/action game set on a ruined earth.

The Gamestop at 11th and Market in Philly has a few Switches still.  I don't know how many, but the clerk offered that info when I was perusing the 3DS/Wii U section.

I still have some $5 trade coupons. They aren't filled out as all the spaces are blank ( no store info). Think it matters?
YMMV. The FAQ says the employee has full discretion whether or not to accept it. I had one employee who didn't accept because it "needs to be signed" were his words. Take that for what you will.

I ran this for someone but I think more people will find this data useful.

Statistics from the last stealth bump on 3/31/17

- Total Games Bumped = 390
- Largest Bump to Base Credit = $10.50
- Lowest Bump to Base Credit = $0.50
- Average of All Bumps to Base Credit = $5.14
- Average Base Credit Increase Percentage = 46%

There is a MINT copy of Afrika at my local gamestop that I've been contemplating getting, but they are charging $53 for it. What to do..what to do. I already got the platinum for it awhile back and don't see myself ever playing it again, but man...it's that appeal of it being rare.

If someone purchases a giftcard from the spot, if you don't mind doing so can you add it to a spoiler in the wiki under my post so we can keep up with cans and cannots? The frequent changes of the giftcard to giftcard rule can sometime confuse a few of us. 

I was blaming alibaba, but I'll bet that's how my card was being used in Vegas last week. As the card used was stored on Gamestop. The clown got declined and I got alerted 5 minutes after it was used .

Already updated the FAQ but letting you all know that they raised refurbish fees. I was refurbed $5 for a $12 base item, and was refurbed $7 for a $22 base item. Previously the highest refurb fee for a game or accessory was $4. Not sure if the refurb fee for systems went up though. So now especially, make sure you get a good disc if you're boomeranging

Anyone knows when the last time was that GS had a b2g1 on retro titles? They usually have them online more often than they do instore. I have $120 worth of retro titles in my cart and i want to pull thr trigger but my cheapassness thinks I should wait.
They have a B3G1 going on right now for retro

If someone purchases a giftcard from the spot, if you don't mind doing so can you add it to a spoiler in the wiki under my post so we can keep up with cans and cannots? The frequent changes of the giftcard to giftcard rule can sometime confuse a few of us.
Can: anything but Visa GC, BP/Shell, eBay

Cannot: Visa GC, BP/Shell, eBay

It doesn't change at all.

There is a MINT copy of Afrika at my local gamestop that I've been contemplating getting, but they are charging $53 for it. What to do..what to do. I already got the platinum for it awhile back and don't see myself ever playing it again, but man...it's that appeal of it being rare.
I have the import version "Hakuna Matata", I wonder how rare that has gotten

Can: anything but Visa GC, BP/Shell, eBay
Cannot: Visa GC, BP/Shell, eBay

It doesn't change at all.
But at one point BP, Shell, and EBay were allowed. I put that in the wiki already, but i meant for the future when new giftcards arrive.

Example being Nike is available now for credit purchases, but can change later to cash or equivalent only

I have the import version "Hakuna Matata", I wonder how rare that has gotten
Import is a bit cheaper from when I was looking for it on Ebay. A mint NA version for $53 is a bit under the going price of $60 (without PUR). I'm holding on to a copy from Gamefly right now. It probably won't be worth much more in the future, but because of how limited the run of the game was and the fact that it is not available on PSN it'll always command a higher than normal used-price, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back