GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure this isn't games worth to trade email, but rather your current balance (or as of 4/23/2017) on how much total trade credit you own.

Have 43k or so many points, and it gave me a $15 certificate. Cept, it says it was issued on May 1st, 2017. Hopefully they don't auto-charge my points.
I move all my credit to a trade card and I have more than what's on the email. I have the Stockpile My Points to use in the Rewards Catalog option selected so they won't use my points.

Pretty sure this isn't games worth to trade email, but rather your current balance (or as of 4/23/2017) on how much total trade credit you own.

Have 43k or so many points, and it gave me a $15 certificate. Cept, it says it was issued on May 1st, 2017. Hopefully they don't auto-charge my points.
Same. Mine says issued on May 1st, and I also stockpile my points so I guess we'll find out on the 1st...

Just confirming some other's experiences of having to call to get the b2g1 coupon for reupping. Didn't have a problem getting it though.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The emails don't actually include a $x certicate, its just telling you that if you redeem your points you can get a $5 or $10 or $15 certificate - HOW NICE of them, eh.  There is no bar code or anything in the certificate.  Total typical gamestop scumbag move.

I also got a "you have $xxx.xx waiting for you" email. It's a little different than the usual emails that list the games and trade values, but hopefully it's indicative of a stealth bump!
yeah, I got two, one for each of my accounts. In that same email, it mentions a $15 reward certificate which is valid between May 1 and May 31. Did anyone get this as part of their "you have $xxx" email? It's not in my PUR account but not surprising as it won't be active until May 1. Would be nice to get a free $15 cert if it's true.

The emails don't actually include a $x certicate, its just telling you that if you redeem your points you can get a $5 or $10 or $15 certificate - HOW NICE of them, eh. There is no bar code or anything in the certificate. Total typical gamestop scumbag move.
But the $15 is way less than what I have points for

yeah, I got two, one for each of my accounts. In that same email, it mentions a $15 reward certificate which is valid between May 1 and May 31. Did anyone get this as part of their "you have $xxx" email? It's not in my PUR account but not surprising as it won't be active until May 1. Would be nice to get a free $15 cert if it's true.
Got it. $15. Hoeever i dont understand how i have 37.xx in trade credit and 49.xx in res credit.

Those emails are 0/2 in accuracy for me and im willing to bet its a third

I'm thinking of opening up a second account for myself. What identifying information do I need to give to distinguish my accounts? I was thinking of using my wife's number but my address. Do you think this will work? This should help to clear up suspicion when I boomerang games.

I'm thinking of opening up a second account for myself. What identifying information do I need to give to distinguish my accounts? I was thinking of using my wife's number but my address. Do you think this will work? This should help to clear up suspicion when I boomerang games.
Make several accounts. One for each store you visit. That way you can get more B2G1 coupons and offers into your accounts. It will almost always pan out positively for you.

^Yeah, but only in states/counties without the pawn laws.

Otherwise they need your ID, signature, fingerprint

...and your first born child.

Make several accounts. One for each store you visit. That way you can get more B2G1 coupons and offers into your accounts. It will almost always pan out positively for you.
It might not be wise to post out in the open how to get around limits and JR detectives. If Gamestop reads these threads those loopholes could go down in flames. Would suggest PMs over posts.

I still get emails from the old account email that was deactivated so idk if it's a good idea to just use different email addresses. I have to give them my ID.

Weird. Same $15 email and strangely it lists my trade credit from various "gift cards" not the balance usually seen tied to your PUR Card/account.

Such BS if it's not an extra $15 on top of what you already have in reward points. I would complain to a manager.

also got an email, but unlike a lot of you, i only have like 3k points. so nothing about extra $5 or $15 certificate in my email.

and the amount listed is trade credit I have on a card, not in my account balance, but i guess they keep track of it all anyway?

With this 60% promo I could switch Zelda to digital for a few bucks. I normally don't like digital but with switch I really don't like swapping cards.

This new 2DS is great imo and the "3DS" XL I would have preferred to buy since I never use the 3D functions (I can't really see it and I assume it's because I wear glasses) would be that. No need to upgrade to it but nice to see it replace the current 2DS which Nintendo hasn't stocked in months.

This new 2DS is great imo and the "3DS" XL I would have preferred to buy since I never use the 3D functions (I can't really see it and I assume it's because I wear glasses) would be that. No need to upgrade to it but nice to see it replace the current 2DS which Nintendo hasn't stocked in months.
What? my store has gotten several 2DS over the last few months.

I don't believe that's true at all. They just refreshed the 2DS in October with the Crimson Red and Electric Blue colors.

Not sure where you got this info from.
They did re-release those colors with bundles but stores haven't gotten much stock of those (after initial shipments). It's still quite hard to find those colors because very few stores are getting shipments.

But here is some sources.Though these are for Japan, we can assume that they also stopped production worldwide though they haven't officially announced it. We can assume that because stores are only getting shipments from warehouses that still have them, not because production is still going. Assuming you have access to a Best Buy or Target inventory system, you can see the low stock numbers currently in the U.S. for them too.
Yeah that's definitely not true, the 2DS and N3DS XL (and now apparently the N2DS XL) are still in production

Still salty Nintendo never gave us the Pokémon 2DS systems that were exclusive to Japan

http://cdn.nintendonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/nintendo_2ds_pokemon_bundles_japan.jpg
Those editions were discontinued in Japan after they came out. View above information.

EDIT: Production is apparently still going everywhere but Japan though drastically less than before.

2ds XL looks nice, I just don't know when I'd play it.

I got that email too, mine mentioned $43.xx in credit which wasn't correct and mentions a $15 cert valid from 5/1-5/31.

If I don't get a free cert on 5/1, I'll just call CS and get one since they said I would get it.

Hey BlackBeard, any chance we can get store locations for Under Defeat for PS3? Thanks!
Isn't that easy for you to look up?\

EDIT - Here you go

Gamestop 2270 111 Coors Blvd Nw Ste C5-C6 Albuquerque NM 87121
Gamestop 876 7333 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85033
Gamestop 4855 15465 Cedar Avenue Unit 150 Apple Valley MN 55124
Gamestop 5934 25 Amberwood Pkwy Ste B Ashland OH 44805
Gamestop 7562 1710 Highway 15 N Laurel MS 39440
Gamestop 3734 738 N Tyndall Pkwy Callaway FL 32404
Gamestop 3602 330 Robert Smalls Pkwy Beaufort SC 29906
Gamestop 5580 1885 State Route 57 Ste 345 Hackettstown NJ 07840

Literally from the second article: "Production of the 2DS continues as usual in the rest of the world."
So no. 2DS was always a limited thing in Japan, but it's still in production here in the USA
Yeah, missed that my first read (I know). Looks like production has only been significantly reduced, not stopped for the world.

I would actually love to have a 2ds Xl. I was planning on trading my regular 3ds in for an XL. I'm blind in one eye so 3d is useless to me. I'll save $50 and get the 2ds, even though I love the look of the galaxy 3ds.

If the screen is better quality and/or it has better battery life I'm in. It looks so good.

If the screen is better quality and/or it has better battery life I'm in. It looks so good.
Oh shit. I didn't think of the possibility of having a lesser quality screen. Let's hope that doesn't happen, but it more then likely will.

Has anyone traded in California using their CA License and CA Identification Card on two different PUR accounts? Does this bypass the $2000 trade in limit per person per rolling month? They have different expiration and issuance dates, but the license ID is the same on both cards. 

Has anyone traded in California using their CA License and CA Identification Card on two different PUR accounts? Does this bypass the $2000 trade in limit per person per rolling month? They have different expiration and issuance dates, but the license ID is the same on both cards.
If the ID numbers are the same then you can't bypass the trade limit that way.

I have a store that always forces me to put the full trade value towards a pre-order. What's the least conspicuous way to get the money out of the pre-order? Cancel and put the money towards another purchase in store? Pick up the game at launch and return it days later? Does Gamestop track returns like Best Buy?

I have a store that always forces me to put the full trade value towards a pre-order. What's the least conspicuous way to get the money out of the pre-order? Cancel and put the money towards another purchase in store? Pick up the game at launch and return it days later? Does Gamestop track returns like Best Buy?
When you pick it up, get a gift receipt and either have someone else return it or return it for a game you do want? I already can hear the horror stories about having to pay off both destiny and cod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back