GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
can you only trade  1 game in towards a game or  can you trade like 10 and still get the bump

say if the game is  40 bucks can you trade 200 bucks and still get the 40% extra

Wound up doing almost $260 just clearing out some old stuff that spiked in value again and grabbing 2 PvZ 2 from Best Buy. I need to get my act in gear playing through some stuff, that total could have easily been 600+ if I had finished anything in the last few months.

Just wanna make sure, to get 60% bonus we have to preorder both destiny 2 and cod? Just cod by itself is 50%?
trade.jpg
Can you tell me how you found this picture? I would like to have some back up other than a post on CAG

Edit: NVM it's in the email

Wasn't this 50% before?

"GET 40% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT
TOWARD THESE HIDDEN GEMS:
BULLETSTORM, LITTLE NIGHTMARES, PUYO PUYO, STARDEW VALLEY,
& YOOKA LAYLEE WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR GAMES AND ACCESSORIES!

See terms & Conditions below. Valid through 5/14."

Wasn't this 50% before?

40% + 10% pro

They changed the marketing on it.

Wasn't this 50% before?

It's 40% or 50% with Pro.

Unless it's not anymore. :)

Can you tell me how you found this picture? I would like to have some back up other than a post on CAG
Edit: NVM it's in the email
They had a stack of ads with this at both Gamestops that I went to. Maybe check your email: "To Victory!..." was the title. I think it said like to victory call of duty wwII announced

fuck The buy 2 get one free code worked. The cashier wasn't so great. I was returning $64.70 in games and she wanted to return to me $22. I was like WTF. I paid everything in credit and she fixed it for me. She let me use the $5 coupon on a $1 game but took it away after. My boomerangs aren't as great as I thought they were going to be. I could only get 1 Wii U Breath of the Wild and two Bomberman R. I was only able to get on COD Collection for Xbox 360 and 1 PS3 copy. I'm off to trade in my boomerangs. Bye.

I scored big today on top of already scoring big with boomerangs. I was picking up Mario and Sonic Rio for the 3DS along with other boomerangs and he pulls out a Wii U copy from the 3DS draw. Someone must have taken it in trade as a 3ds copy. Since it was already in the inventory as a 3ds copy he let me have it at that price. So with the b2g1 I paid essentially 24.25$ it.

fuck The buy 2 get one free code worked. The cashier wasn't so great. I was returning $64.70 in games and she wanted to return to me $22. I was like WTF. I paid everything in credit and she fixed it for me. She let me use the $5 coupon on a $1 game but took it away after. My boomerangs aren't as great as I thought they were going to be. I could only get 1 Wii U Breath of the Wild and two Bomberman R. I was only able to get on COD Collection for Xbox 360 and 1 PS3 copy. I'm off to trade in my boomerangs. Bye.
Did you try the coupon code with multiple sets of 3, or just 3 games total? And did you give them your code with or without the dash?

So I did some trade-ins at a store today, and the guy told me that if I donated any amount to their autism charity it would triple my points. I have not heard of this at all but I figured $1 was worth the test. Has anyone else heard about this?

Wow... you guys are beasts when it comes to flipping/trading.  I thought my orders that sometimes got to $300 were a lot.  I'm going to start being proactive and snatching games that have been getting the bump when I find them cheap.  I knew it would happen with Titanfall 2 and the Black Ops games

So I did some trade-ins at a store today, and the guy told me that if I donated any amount to their autism charity it would triple my points. I have not heard of this at all but I figured $1 was worth the test. Has anyone else heard about this?
Congrats on your 60 points. Triple points only apply to the $1 donation.

You only get triple points on the donation amount, so your $1 donation will net you 60 points.

PvZ2 @ Best Buy for both next-gen consoles is bueno :)
Thanks for this, picked up a couple on my way home and traded them in.

Wow... you guys are beasts when it comes to flipping/trading. I thought my orders that sometimes got to $300 were a lot. I'm going to start being proactive and snatching games that have been getting the bump when I find them cheap. I knew it would happen with Titanfall 2 and the Black Ops games
Its a lot of credit, but I always wonder how much time was spent driving around wasting gas and the like. Sometimes its not worth all the time spent.

Thanks for this, picked up a couple on my way home and traded them in.

Its a lot of credit, but I always wonder how much time was spent driving around wasting gas and the like. Sometimes its not worth all the time spent.
I usually just stockpile cheap stuff when I'm in full flip mode so it all gets delivered to me and then when the bonuses hit I make one trip out.

$48 for 1 2 switch was glad to unload that, regret trading in bomberman r. I got a total of $478 with $10 each on destiny 2 and cod ww2, threw in a few games I already owned. Reupped my PUR Pro hopefully things will hold till Sunday and I'll make some more moves.

How do you guys do so much volume with the 4 per platform per month trade limit? Clever planning or is the limit not set in stone?
My inventory runs a mile wide and an inch thick. I never do more than 1 of a title per account per month and I use 2 accounts.

Traded in 33 games for the $817. All stuff I at least doubled my investment on, easily half of it was tripled.

I don't consider my time and gas into the equation because I was wasting it long before I was flipping. I shop around for fun. So even if I weren't caught up in this madness I'd still be bouncing from store to store during the week when I have time.

How do you guys do so much volume with the 4 per platform per month trade limit? Clever planning or is the limit not set in stone?
Oh its easy on weekends like this! I plan on hitting $600 easy with one title per platform. With tons of games trading in for $30-$40, it doesn't take that many to start getting to those big numbers.

For some reason I can't place Black Ops Collection on hold, it just takes me back to the main Gamestop page. Tried clearing my cache and even using an entirely different computer, same result. Wonder if they caught on and are changing something around. Had no problem with a few other random games.

Alright good. Thanks!
I was able to put 3 on hold at 3 different stores. Grabbed one at lunch, will grab the other two tomorrow. The only thing for me is that the hold function will just hang after "submit" on IE but Firefox works fine.

Just did $726. That's the most I've ever done in one transaction. Bought the halo wars 2 Xbox one, so I have one of those again.

My inventory runs a mile wide and an inch thick. I never do more than 1 of a title per account per month and I use 2 accounts.
Traded in 33 games for the $817. All stuff I at least doubled my investment on, easily half of it was tripled.
I don't consider my time and gas into the equation because I was wasting it long before I was flipping. I shop around for fun. So even if I weren't caught up in this madness I'd still be bouncing from store to store during the week when I have time.
Oh its easy on weekends like this! I plan on hitting $600 easy with one title per platform. With tons of games trading in for $30-$40, it doesn't take that many to start getting to those big numbers.
Okay, I see now. Impressive numbers. I thought I was making bank with PvZ GW2, but nowhere near triple digits. I guess if you have a big collection already, it's easy to pick and choose the right time to maximize your trade values during bumps and percentage bonuses.

Dang and I thought my 400 was alot lol and I trippled what I spent so idk if that's good now hmmm... did you guys do the b2g1 is that why? Lol dang I need to do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back