GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
on chat with microsoft support and they're sending me a code for halo wars 2 digital. Gamestop needs to remove the windows 10 pc branding from these bundles if they're going to be assholes and put a disc in the box. 

Going to miss them when they're gone in a few years for the flips but man, gamestop is a shitty incompetent company.

on chat with microsoft support and they're sending me a code for halo wars 2 digital. Gamestop needs to remove the windows 10 pc branding from these bundles if they're going to be assholes and put a disc in the box.

Going to miss them when they're gone in a few years for the flips but man, gamestop is a shitty incompetent company.
I may be completely wrong on this, but from what I remember GameStop bundled consoles were changed to have physical discs packed in because consumers were bitching about having a digital copy of the game provided in the system bundles. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Anyway, I can see why you're pissed, but I'm betting that they just toss the standard descriptions of items provided onto the website. I could be pulling all of that out of my ass, but I digress.

What are some of the notable drops? Can't see on mobile.
Read the thread. If not, read these BS trades.

:wii: Barbie Horse Adventure
:ps3: Portal: The Lost Trials
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (Special Edition)
:xb1: Halo Wars (Spanish Version)

Should all be good credit movers from Savers too.

How many games can you buy with the PS3/360 B2G1 in one transaction? If only 3 can you do multiple transactions in 1 store or do they frown upon that?

Edit: In addition is the 1 per platform per day rule enforceable by ban or is that just a store rule?
Sorry to bump this up but does anyone know the answer to these? I didn't see it in the FAQ.

[quote name="dudebythepool" post="13703556" timestamp="1493486439"]

so can you reserve the cod and destiny 2 multiple times at different stores or just 1 per card?[/quote

You can pre order as many, but I believe employees can see what you have so FYI.

So I have destiny 2 and WW2 preordered already, can I still get the 60% boost if I trade in games later today and just add a dollar to both games that I preordered? Or do I have to make a new preorder to get the bonus?

So I have destiny 2 and WW2 preordered already, can I still get the 60% boost if I trade in games later today and just add a dollar to both games that I preordered? Or do I have to make a new preorder to get the bonus?
No. You don't have to start a new preorder. Just make sure the cashier doesn't screw up. They might make you pay the whole thing off.

[quote name="dudebythepool" post="13703556" timestamp="1493486439"]

so can you reserve the cod and destiny 2 multiple times at different stores or just 1 per card?[/quote

You can pre order as many, but I believe employees can see what you have so FYI.
awesome thanks for the info!

Putting $1 down might make you look kinda suspicious. Some employees might not care, some do but if you're going to cancel it anyway why not put a bit more? Unless you're really in need of the credit today.

Putting $1 down might make you look kinda suspicious. Some employees might not care, some do but if you're going to cancel it anyway why not put a bit more? Unless you're really in need of the credit today.
$1 is sketchy. I've never been questioned about adding $5.

I've heard lots of stories about management complaining about abuse of the coupon, but the coupon has been running since the beginning of the year. And at my main store they still just scan one from behind the desk on every trade anyways.

Couple questions:

Where are you guys getting the 60% figure for trade ins from? I thought it was 40% for non Pro and 50% for Pro?

What is this $5 card being mentioned? Is it different from the $5 coupon in the OP? Does that coupon still work?

Haven't traded anything into GameStop in over a year so I'm out of the loop. I tried scanning a couple pages back for the answers but I didn't see em.

Thanks

Couple questions:

Where are you guys getting the 60% figure for trade ins from? I thought it was 40% for non Pro and 50% for Pro?

What is this $5 card being mentioned? Is it different from the $5 coupon in the OP?

Haven't traded anything into GameStop in over a year so I'm out of the loop. I tried scanning a couple pages back for the answers but I didn't see em.

Thanks
60% is when you pre order BOTH cod and destiny.

$5 coupon comes from the employees. They have them at the register and up to them to scan/give

Couple questions:

What is this $5 card being mentioned? Is it different from the $5 coupon in the OP? Does that coupon still work?

Thanks
Have to pre order destiny and CoD

I haven't caught up with this thread in weeks, as soon as I got the "you have ___ games worth ____" I headed straight to this thread lol. This promo seems amazing, hopefully my local target has a few Rorys' in stock..

I am assuming Dead Space 3 going from base of $0.50 to $7.00 today was one of those TIV glitches they have every blue moon.
Actually I think they just forgot to up the selling price on used copies of Dead Space 2 and 3 and those Cabela's games as those were just added to XB One backwards compatibility in last few days. If you want any of those you better get them now before before used price rises.

My local store forced me to pay off COD and Destiny right away as I expected. I have more flips to do though. Do I go to another store farther away and pre-order more COD/Destiny, but risk getting a Jr. Detective on my case? Do I just buy one of those "hidden gems" and accept the lower bonus? Decisions...

The employee I'm friends with tried every which way to put in the manually-issued B2G1 coupon code for renewing PUR, but couldn't manage to get it to work. Oh well, just gonna take the L this month I guess, cause there's no way I'm calling that customer service line again. It would've helped me boomerang $400+ more in profit, sigh :/

I got the Black Ops Trilogy for $19.99 back on 4/16, and haven't opened it yet. It shouldn't be too hard to get a few bucks back right?

The employees made a fuss the last day of the Spring Sale that it wasn't on sale for $19.99, when the website shown it was in store for that price, so they had to manually adjust for some reason. I was sold the wrong collection without realizing it (Modern Warfare), so I made an exchange and looking at my more recent receipt, it says the total is $0.00 after doing the exchange. I feel like I'll be wasting time getting a few bucks back, just bugs me a little.

Happened to be at Target and found 2 Rorys. Went to BB across the street and grabbed 2 more PvZ 2 to clean then out. Today is miserable weather wise but shining on me.

Target in my area has a ton of Rory's. Bought one. Traded Rory and Pokemon Moon towards Stardew Valley because of the 50 percent bump. Got $47.50 back in credit!

is the trade toward "Hidden Gem" 40% boost or 50%? GS website says 

GET 40% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT
TOWARD THESE HIDDEN GEMS:

I seem to see people keep mentioning 50%. can someone confirm. thanks. 

Turned my 97 bucks in credit I had leftover from yesterdays flips into 250 after hitting 3 more stores. Ill save that for the next bump/bonus opportunity. Only took 1.5 hours too!

Finally got my 10% issue from yesterday fixed. Then went to do my B2G1 items and they mixed in a new Minecraft PS3 instead of used so I had to spend 10 minutes combing the racks for something else to flip. I need a drink

Apparently my $700 trade yesterday made the rounds to two other stores as like the biggest trade in awhile haha definitely laying low till Monday sucks cause I only have two stores near me so I can't really have preorders other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back