GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
is the trade toward "Hidden Gem" 40% boost or 50%? GS website says

GET 40% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT
TOWARD THESE HIDDEN GEMS:

I seem to see people keep mentioning 50%. can someone confirm. thanks.

50/60 if you preorder COD WWII and Destiny 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sorry to re-quote but is trading in toward the "hidden gem" 40% boost or 50% boost. promo on the GS.com mention 40% only. thanks in advance.

Well all in all unless I hit them Monday I got 5 paid copies of Destiny 2 and CoD WW2 along with $500+ trade credit. Not bad for five hours. Oh they also aren't giving out Call of Duty codes at the moment and some haven't gotten the hats in. They also might have some Destiny 2 Beta keys you cannot use right now.

started with $500 credit from gamestop/target/bestbuy ending with $1400 gamestop credit :)

maxed out my 2k and may have gone over a little but was worth it.

Also noticed next Saturday for May the 4 at Gamestop having buy 3 get 1 free preowned items. Dont know if it includes consoles. One day only sale

F you Beard im tired from yesterday and you pull out some damn Dead Space boomerang. Then to boot i find out that separate purchasing the Ezio trilogy 360 discs on b2g1 results in a boomerang. Dammit man

Much love tho

Garden warfare 2 on ps4 was 11.98 on clearance are our target. Better deal than the BB flip if you can find it

Dpci 207-34-1265

Sorry to bump this up but does anyone know the answer to these? I didn't see it in the FAQ.
Ive seen people do multiples on the offers, and i have spoken to a number of store reps and managers and they said its policy to only accept one title per console in a store per day, and trading in same game at multiple stores is okay in same day. Most ive done is 4 of same title on one console in same day. Did 8 phantom pains (4 360 and 4 ps3).

Well all in all unless I hit them Monday I got 5 paid copies of Destiny 2 and CoD WW2 along with $500+ trade credit. Not bad for five hours. Oh they also aren't giving out Call of Duty codes at the moment and some haven't gotten the hats in. They also might have some Destiny 2 Beta keys you cannot use right now.
Beta codes? My receipt printed with a beta code for each game on ps4.

Thanks for pointing out the COD Black Ops collection. When I bought them the guy was like "You're buying this for BO2, aren't you?" Yeah, that's true but I'm not buying it to play it 😛

Dead Island Definitive PS4 version. $16 with GCU at Bestbuy to $24 with PUR and bonus at Gamestop. I'm sure it's an error too since PS4 comes with voucher so you can technically get Dead Island Riptide free code. The Xbox One version was the 1 that was supposed to get a bump.

on chat with microsoft support and they're sending me a code for halo wars 2 digital. Gamestop needs to remove the windows 10 pc branding from these bundles if they're going to be assholes and put a disc in the box.

Going to miss them when they're gone in a few years for the flips but man, gamestop is a shitty incompetent company.
Look on the bright side - because you got a code for the game free, you can trade your disc in for up to $40.

Do you guys know which hidden gems bumps are still active? I tried to use Stardew Valley and the Tetris and didn't realize they were out apparently.

Do you guys know which hidden gems bumps are still active? I tried to use Stardew Valley and the Tetris and didn't realize they were out apparently.
All of them are still active:

GameStop said:
LEGAL - 40% EXTRA CREDIT TOWARD SELECT HIDDEN GEMS!
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley, Yooka Laylee. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/19/17 - 5/14/17.
This includes picking up a completely paid off pre-order of one of these games.

All of them are still active:

This includes picking up a completely paid off pre-order of one of these games.
Yep, I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris not too long ago. Traded in another set of PVZ and got the 50%, the cashier kept telling me how fun it was so I might give it a shot instead of returning it.

Trading back in my COD collections went great. I got a different cashier that didn't do my trade ins yesterday. He didn't ask any questions. I put it towards Little Nightmares and got 50% extra trade in credit. Do I get the extra points for the buying the game? The promo says it's for preordering but the game had already been released apparently. They ran out of $5 cards at this store and he wouldn't let me keep my last one. I rebought one of the games that I thought it was the one that I traded in. I screwed an should have used the trade in credit that I had on my preorders. Oh well I didn't make that much progress but I really wanted to finish the game. The value will still hold if there's another trade bump. I was thinking of rebuying it and using the points to get a $25 off used game certificate that I'll eventually get by tomorrow. Idk if I should.

So I went to the gamestop where I make my purchases (not trades) and I was the only customer. The two employees were complaining about some guy that just traded in $200 worth of trade credit. What annoyed them was that this guy apparently was bragging about he literally just spent $40 on all of them at the target next door after they finished the transaction. Man, I swear some people just love to pres their luck.... when I went to go flip my purchases to the other gamestop I acted shocked when I casually told them to put $5 on both Destiny and CoD and had the employees freak the fuck out when the bonus hit lol to each their own I suppose!

60% is when you pre order BOTH cod and destiny.

$5 coupon comes from the employees. They have them at the register and up to them to scan/give
Is the bonus for pre-ordering both 50% for non-Pro and 60% for Pro, or is it 60% for everyone?

Not a Pro member, and no real interest in becoming one. Thanks for the previous answers guys

Thanks for the info guys! Traded in some stuff got a little around $200 credit. Got Mario Kart and a $100 thinkgeek gift card to get a Transformers set thats on sale on the Thinkgeek site!

Is the bonus for pre-ordering both 50% for non-Pro and 60% for Pro, or is it 60% for everyone?

Not a Pro member, and no real interest in becoming one. Thanks for the previous answers guys
It's 50%/60%, and you really should upgrade to Pro. Unless your volume is too low to justify the $15 cost.

So I went to the gamestop where I make my purchases (not trades) and I was the only customer. The two employees were complaining about some guy that just traded in $200 worth of trade credit. What annoyed them was that this guy apparently was bragging about he literally just spent $40 on all of them at the target next door after they finished the transaction. Man, I swear some people just love to pres their luck.... when I went to go flip my purchases to the other gamestop I acted shocked when I casually told them to put $5 on both Destiny and CoD and had the employees freak the fuck out when the bonus hit lol to each their own I suppose!
I trade in a lot of stuff and the cashier didn't care. It froze the computer so I'm sure that's a first for her. Bragging about it is not a good idea.

F you Beard im tired from yesterday and you pull out some damn Dead Space boomerang. Then to boot i find out that separate purchasing the Ezio trilogy 360 discs on b2g1 results in a boomerang. Dammit man
Much love tho
How? All the assassins creed 360 games trade in for like 55 cents?

50 everyone, 60 pro.

You may be able to cover your Pro with your sign-up bonus if you're trading a good amount

I don't know how you guys are getting 50/60 when the trade-in banner says 50% bonus for Pro and 40% bonus for everyone else for pre-ordering CoD / Destiny 2

Am I missing something? 

I hardly ever trade shit into Gamestop, but I guess I'll calculate if I would get so much extra that a Pro membership would be more than free. Would they be able to give me the Pro membership/bonus without ever paying any cash out of pocket?

Thanks again y'all

EBC 30555592B261

Might be copied wrong the first time
Is this code from renewing or the one for everyone who is currently pro members?

first time in 2 months I went to a particular store... they have a new ASL in training who did not know anything about the b2g1 last gen for pro members that's been going on for almost week now or know where stuff is in the store. Is that a barcode or just a code they scan/enter for the PUR b2g1 last gen that ends today? They calculated my transaction all wrong manually pft only discounted my free game by 90% instead of 100% saying that Pro will be applied after the transaction was finalized. Of course the pro discount is only 10% off that remaining 10% smh ....ugh I don't want to be THAT memorable more than I already am if I bring it up geez...the other ASL said I'm a pro member as soon as the the one in training asked do I have a pro acct rofl. I guess I should disappear for a while lol. I thought in order to be promoted u had to be superknowledgeable and more outgoing blah blah smh... this new ASL would scare ppl away roflmao.

How? All the assassins creed 360 games trade in for like 55 cents?
Think that's talking about the trilogy that has 3 games per box...not sure

Went to my local GS to trade in on day 2 and the the Manager was like "I heard you did $700 yesterday, that's pretty awesome!".  I had a small stack to trade in and it was about $243 and change.  He told me to get the bonus today I would have to preorder a second set of COD WW2 and Destiny, but then he'll just cancel it and transfer my $10 to the preorders from yesterday.  What an awesome guy! 

I hardly ever trade shit into Gamestop, but I guess I'll calculate if I would get so much extra that a Pro membership would be more than free. Would they be able to give me the Pro membership/bonus without ever paying any cash out of pocket?

Thanks again y'all
Yeah they can do the pro membership and the trades in the same transaction. You'll get the pro bonus and the membership cost will just come off the trade total, so no paying out of pocket.

Went to my local GS to trade in on day 2 and the the Manager was like "I heard you did $700 yesterday, that's pretty awesome!". I had a small stack to trade in and it was about $243 and change. He told me to get the bonus today I would have to preorder a second set of COD WW2 and Destiny, but then he'll just cancel it and transfer my $10 to the preorders from yesterday. What an awesome guy!
Why did he make you preorder a new set? That's weird all you have to do is put a $1 on each to get the bonus again

The employee I'm friends with tried every which way to put in the manually-issued B2G1 coupon code for renewing PUR, but couldn't manage to get it to work. Oh well, just gonna take the L this month I guess, cause there's no way I'm calling that customer service line again. It would've helped me boomerang $400+ more in profit, sigh :/
My code worked with the dash. Not sure how it was entered though. This was my first time using it on multiple sets, and worked like a charm.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks again y'all
you can pay for the pro membership using trade credit, so no need for cash out of pocket. that's what i did. you can upgrade in the same transaction and get the 10% bonus

I don't know how you guys are getting 50/60 when the trade-in banner says 50% bonus for Pro and 40% bonus for everyone else for pre-ordering CoD / Destiny 2

Am I missing something?
It's 50/60% if you pre-order BOTH in same transaction. if you just do one or the other, it's just 40/50%

Well no more trades for me. Got about $600 from $150+ in Target and GameStop flips. Did have to put down in full from one store that said "its an unwritten policy", um OK. Thanks for the game flip ideas and info guys, you all (lurkers excluded) are great!

That's happened to me before. Just pick up the game when it comes in and return it the next day. That way, you get the full trade in value back and they won't hassle you.
i was planning to get COD anyway, so it's fine. just didn't want to pay for it in full yet and keep my credit for anything between now and november lol.

might do the return or transfer the credit if COD starts looking lame as more info is released though.

Why did he make you preorder a new set? That's weird all you have to do is put a $1 on each to get the bonus again
Earlier today I wanted to add 5 to each existing preorder but I guess she didn't hear me right and she did another set and I purchased mario kart 8 but totally didn't say I had 5 already down for it so she gave me another copy for full price. So now I have like 5 pre orders lol dammit I'll just see of they can change the 5 to the existing pre orders and the 5 from mario kart to one of the cod or destiny.

Made another $100 profit today off of 5 games. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the ground hard for the COD flip. After factoring in tax, I made $22.97 profit for each one. The best part is that I don't have to put in outside money to fund the flip either.

I'm okay with multiple preorders for now, then just wait a couple months to cancel/move them. Have to think about the long game here and not instant cancel them.

Well no more trades for me. Got about $600 from $150+ in Target and GameStop flips. Did have to put down in full from one store that said "its an unwritten policy", um OK. Thanks for the game flip ideas and info guys, you all (lurkers excluded) are great!
Damn what are you guys trading in that gives you 400% profit!! I'm only seeing 200% most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back