GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Made another $100 profit today off of 5 games. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the ground hard for the COD flip. After factoring in tax, I made $22.97 profit for each one. The best part is that I don't have to put in outside money to fund the flip either.
So COD is still on sale through tomorrow at least? It's not in the ad so I have no idea of telling when the sale ends.

fuck, one more question. So if I'm a Pro member, I get the Pro trade in credit price, and then the 60% is calculated off of that? So something like Rory's PGA would go from $37.50 to $44.00?

So COD is still on sale through tomorrow at least? It's not in the ad so I have no idea of telling when the sale ends.
The details are in an email that was recently sent.
fuck, one more question. So if I'm a Pro member, I get the Pro trade in credit price, and then the 60% is calculated off of that? So something like Rory's PGA would go from $37.50 to $44.00?
Take the base TIV and multiply that by 1.6.

Yep, I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris not too long ago. Traded in another set of PVZ and got the 50%, the cashier kept telling me how fun it was so I might give it a shot instead of returning it.
PvZ2 is great but the player numbers are very low. Last time I tried with EA access on xb1 it was a half full lobby of kids that knew each other yelling at each other.

I actually wanted to keep a copy of black ops trilogy for PS3 to replay them for trophies but they're such a good flip. They will be super cheap someday anyway.

Thanks for the replies about the bonuses earlier. I should have just bought one and not chickened out. Do you guys have the DCPI for Rory? I haven't seen it on the last few pages. Thanks in advance.

Keep getting this error while checking out -_-

Oops!

The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Keep getting this error while checking out -_-

Oops!

The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
Banned?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

weather was crappy but was a pretty sweet day flipping. Was able to score a cayde 6 figure at my local GS. I called every GS around last week and they said they were long gone. Turns out my closest one had them this whole time just never asked them. 

And had Hardee's for the first time, finally got one around here. That bonesless rib burger is amazing. 

Bought another 36 games in preparation for tomorrow. Also renewed my PUR so hopefully I get the coupon or can at least complain about it in 2 days and values haven't tanked.

My plans were derailed today after they made me fully pay off both CoD and Destiny 2 with my trade ins.  My question is will they let me preorder those 2 games again on the same account or will I have to find a way to start a different account? If I am stuck having to get a different account to do a second round of trades, will they link my old account to the new one if I use the same address?

My plans were derailed today after they made me fully pay off both CoD and Destiny 2 with my trade ins. My question is will they let me preorder those 2 games again on the same account or will I have to find a way to start a different account? If I am stuck having to get a different account to do a second round of trades, will they link my old account to the new one if I use the same address?
Just pre-order them:

A) again

B) again on different consoles

C) option A at another store

D) option B at another store

Got 366 out of my trade ins, I paid off WWII and got some other 360 stuff I've been meaning to get for a while, I'm happy I finally have GameStop credit again

Had a pretty good day flipping today! 

Anyone know if the hidden gem promo is 40% + 10% for pro?

Reason I ask is because I had done the math beforehand on my trades anticipating the 60% promo.

I had $290 Base credit to trade in

But before I did my trades I asked if I could consolidate my not picked up switch preorders (random stuff to activate trade bonuses).  They said sure so I got Yooka Laylee.

This bumped my trade credit to $435.   I was surprised considering I had calculated the 60% to net me $464.  So like a dumbass I asked to put some money down on COD and D2.    Ended up putting $30 on each.  So instead of walking out with $435 and no preorders, I got $400 and 2 preorders I don't want.   Oh well at least I can play the early betas

Here's a good flip I haven't seen mentioned:

Amz has Just Dance 2017 for $20.   

GS base is $22.50 

price match at your fave retailer  (target has it on sale for $25) (I didn't see ANY wii games at BB)

The Black Ops Collection for 360 is a good way to cash out your credit too. $59.96 credit (+ tax if applicable) -> $86.24 cash plus points
I was thinking about that. The 4 copy limit stands whether it's cash or credit right? I already traded in a couple of Blops 2

Today i purchased $150 Uber gift cards and received $50 in GS gift cards. I sold the Uber cards for $100 cash and I will cash out the $5 GS gift cards throughout my visits this week

Gs employee (grown ass man may I add): Holy cow you have more cash on your trade card than i made on my last 80 hour check.

Me (you know me):
[attachment=26464:200w.gif]

GameStop is supposedly giving me a $65 gift card to compensate for their false advertising on the halo wars 2 play anywhere that was supposed to come with the console.

Hopefully I can just trade the disc copy for $40 with the 60% bonus tomorrow.

Walked out with about $150 additional dollars after purchasing a copy of Little Nightmares Collector's Edition, 4 clearance t-shirts, and $20 on WWII.  Don't have time to go back to the store tomorrow, so I'm going to order 2-3 copies of the Black Ops collection and just trade them back in next time there's a trade bump.  I'm %100 positive that there will be other trade promotions toward WWII before it comes out as well, so I made sure I left enough balance to keep adding to it as I go.  I didn't go crazy with boomerangs today because I just didn't have the energy.  There will be others.

My plans were derailed today after they made me fully pay off both CoD and Destiny 2 with my trade ins. My question is will they let me preorder those 2 games again on the same account or will I have to find a way to start a different account? If I am stuck having to get a different account to do a second round of trades, will they link my old account to the new one if I use the same address?
You can preorder the pro version of cod. They made it $10 down but it gives you 2 more options of preorders.

Gs employee (grown ass man may I add): Holy cow you have more cash on your trade card than i made on my last 80 hour check.
The two trades that I did yesterday both employees stated "wow, you are going to get more than what's in my bank account". One total was $450 and the other was $300. I think the last time I had that total in my bank account I was like 5.

Not sure if it was mentioned and don't feel like going through all the pages but NFS :ps4: and NFS Rivals :ps4: trade in for 17.50 before bonuses. You know....if you have extra Best Buy credit.

I feel like I repurchased half of the items I traded in for less already.

Watch dogs 2 -$28 after bonus. Bought a used copy for $26 or so with $25 rewards credit earned from doing trades.

Fire emblem fates and Majora's mask 3ds/ocarina 3ds - $40, $40, $20. Had a "just for you offer" 30% off the first two so $28 each to replace them, and $20 to convert ocarina to digital.

Issac on switch was $40, bought the digital version but kept the awesome physical packaging.

Then there's the usual black ops 2, I traded my copy for $28 and rebought the triple pack, then traded 1 and 3 for about $10.

I prefer digital on 3ds and portables in general to not have to bring cards along.

Last edited:
I got stoked when I got 53 for bomberman R with the 5$ extra. I basically traded my bomberman R which I paid 32 for with mario kart 8 deluxe ha.

Just preorder them on the other console...if you get asked say you're a big MP guy or are preordering for sibling/spouse.

Just pre-order them:

A) again
B) again on different consoles
C) option A at another store
D) option B at another store
I never thought to preorder on a different console. That is brilliant! It seems so obvious now but I realize I have so much more to learn. I guess I'll be going out tomorrow to do some more flips. Thanks for all the hard work on this thread. I've got about $440 in games to flip tomorrow.

I never thought to preorder on a different console. That is brilliant! It seems so obvious now but I realize I have so much more to learn. I guess I'll be going out tomorrow to do some more flips. Thanks for all the hard work on this thread. I've got about $440 in games to flip tomorrow.
If you really are an army of juans, couldn't you simply convince the other juans to do the trades for you?

Minecraft Complete Story Mode (PS4) for 8.98 at Target was plentiful and a solid one. No batman/naruto in my area.

Between target (only two games) and some great thrift shop finds today (like gta+rory for 10, stack of vita/3ds games that came out to be .50 each). $100 -> $500, plus kept some fillers for my own collection.

Then, of course, there were some other things after that ^_^

I'm just glad we only need to pre-order one for the 50%. Did not want to put money on both.

Here's how to lose a customer in three acts:

I had my stack of 26 games to trade in, guy was ringing them up, then throws a $6 refurb fee on a brand new copy of CoD BLOPS2 360 that I had in a sleeve. I mentioned that the website said you don't need a case to get full value, and he said "yeah, I put it on there because I can't tell if it's a real disc or not without the case, it could be a blank disc" I say "ok, cancel the trade and please cancel my preorders I'll go somewhere else" and he immediately removed the fee and goes on

Strike 1

He gets to the copy of Dead Space 3 that I bought two days ago from that same store, and hits it with a refurb fee. I ask why and he says "there's smears on the disc" when I told him I just bought it here two days ago and was only trading it because it gave me more than returning it now that I found a complete copy; he found it in my transaction log, but still gave the fee. I still made $5 on it, so I let it go

Strike 2

finally I get the transaction done, but it's around $30 short, so I go over the receipt and there's only 25 games on it when there's 26 in the stack on the counter. I bring this up and he goes over it and says they are all on there. I point out that there's 25 on the receipt and 26 in the stack and he goes over it again and says they're all there. So then I realized he never put the copy of BLOPS2 360 on it, and when he was going through the games twice to make sure they had all been rung up, he picked it up in his hand TWICE and looked at it

Strike 3

So he finally rang it up, put a penny on each preorder, and I went on my way

I'm going to go make a new preorder for Destiny 2 and CoD at another area store tomorrow, then Monday morning I'm going to go in when the SL is there and cancel my two preorders at this store and tell him why I'm doing it. (because the SGA is a douche canoe)

Here's how to lose a customer in three acts:

I had my stack of 26 games to trade in, guy was ringing them up, then throws a $6 refurb fee on a brand new copy of CoD BLOPS2 360 that I had in a sleeve. I mentioned that the website said you don't need a case to get full value, and he said "yeah, I put it on there because I can't tell if it's a real disc or not without the case, it could be a blank disc" I say "ok, cancel the trade and please cancel my preorders I'll go somewhere else" and he immediately removed the fee and goes on

Strike 1

He gets to the copy of Dead Space 3 that I bought two days ago from that same store, and hits it with a refurb fee. I ask why and he says "there's smears on the disc" when I told him I just bought it here two days ago and was only trading it because it gave me more than returning it now that I found a complete copy; he found it in my transaction log, but still gave the fee. I still made $5 on it, so I let it go

Strike 2

finally I get the transaction done, but it's around $30 short, so I go over the receipt and there's only 25 games on it when there's 26 in the stack on the counter. I bring this up and he goes over it and says they are all on there. I point out that there's 25 on the receipt and 26 in the stack and he goes over it again and says they're all there. So then I realized he never put the copy of BLOPS2 360 on it, and when he was going through the games twice to make sure they had all been rung up, he picked it up in his hand TWICE and looked at it

Strike 3

So he finally rang it up, put a penny on each preorder, and I went on my way

I'm going to go make a new preorder for Destiny 2 and CoD at another area store tomorrow, then Monday morning I'm going to go in when the SL is there and cancel my two preorders at this store and tell him why I'm doing it. (because the SGA is a douche canoe)
Power to the Players.

i feel guilt to see the same cashier and trade same stack of games. feelbadman
I went agian today to trade same games but I checked if it was the same person before I took my games in. It was a different employee so I took them in and idk if I should go ahead and take more tomorrow for the 60% or just go for little nightmares or puyo puyo tetris for 50%. Hmmm choices choices.

Hey BlackBeard, I was wondering how much work it takes to search up the inventory locations for games?

:ps4: Sword Art Online Hollow Realization CE recently got clearanced to $90, but it doesn't show up anywhere, which probably means their system is wrong. It's also a pretty rare CE that's been sold out everywhere.

If you aren't too busy, and maybe if you or a few other cags wanted it, I was wondering if you could look up this one. Thanks!

i feel guilt to see the same cashier and trade same stack of games. feelbadman
I did that with last months bump, never again. It felt awkward and it's too risky. Not to mention I forgot to remove the back sticker from my copy of kingdom hearts, which has the date it was last traded in (the date was only 2 days ago).

Hey BlackBeard, I was wondering how much work it takes to search up the inventory locations for games?

:ps4: Sword Art Online Hollow Realization CE recently got clearanced to $90, but it doesn't show up anywhere, which probably means their system is wrong. It's also a pretty rare CE that's been sold out everywhere.

If you aren't too busy, and maybe if you or a few other cags wanted it, I was wondering if you could look up this one. Thanks!
Found 2, I PM'd you the coordinates.

Well folks, it looks like we have another Junior Detective on Reddit.
"Afaik you can take in or reject any trade for any given reason

If someone rolls this over to me, and it doesn't look like it's been used at all, yes, I'll reject them."

How the fuck can you tell if it has been used? I always get snarky comments b/c my discs look too new or not enough scratches on them lol

I went to one of my local gamestops, traded in my PS4 for 200 with last month's email promo code and got the black ops collection for 360 for 15 bucks. Took my small stash of games to another Gamestop and got $100 for Killing Floor 2, Black ops 3 for PS4, UMvC3 for PS4, and Black ops 2 for 360. The guy was super cool about letting me put 10 bucks down on CoD (I wanted the Pro edition, and sadly I didn't get the hat, only got the pin) and 5 on Destiny. I checked Target beforehand to see if they had any copies of Rory but they were full priced  :wall:. Hopefully the values don't tank so I can hit up best buy for some garden warfare 2's and maybe another gamestop for a black ops collection. Pretty good day. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back