GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely still demand out there. If you are selling for only MSRP you will find a buyer since it removes any need for hunting. Put an ad in CL, offer up, let go, and Facebook groups and you'll find someone.
It depends on your area. I live around Milwaukee and the Scalpers keep dropping their prices because people aren't buying from them. Every time I go to any Target around here they have a few in the case. I was in Northwest Indiana for the weekend and again every target had some. One of the Gamestops I went to there was a woman getting angry with an employee because they didn't have any. I told her that the Target across the street I had come from had 3 and the whole store cleared out. Those guys were pretty pissed lol. But it made it quicker to get my flips and get out.
Aw, didn't even think to look for some of those values. I still have that with the wheel sealed somewhere around here...

Personally, I don't think it's worth doing that, unless you sell for cost. I'm stuck with mine from BB, and it's not going anywhere on ebay, probably because I have to charge extra to cover shipping and fees. Yuck.
Yeah, I was most likely going to ask only $330-$350, which would cover cost of the console, gas, time, etc. I'm still kicking the idea around, but I just don't want to end up buying a switch, and then it have the orange or blue light of death, or some other issue. Would a gift receipt be my best best if I do end up buying one? That way if there is any issues, I can give the person the gift receipt and they can just return it themselves? I just don't want them having a way of seeing my name on the receipt or having access to any of my information, since I know all that stuff prints out on a typical GS receipt.

It's the 5th but you can be flagged by any associate for being a jerk while trading. It doesn't happen often but it has happened.
I honestly don't think it's the 5th. I traded in 5 copies of left 4 dead 2 in last year to 5 different gamestops in the same day and I never got banned. I think trading in another game with the 1st trade in made me go under the radar for the rest.

Website at first said connection timeout...now it is bk to the few hours msg...geez.

New reward catalog sucks.
They should compensate our time wasted for being "loyal" customers LOL by offering up those raining $5 Kongregate coupons again .... That would be awesome & almost everything would be forgiven lol :whee:

Website at first said connection timeout...now it is bk to the few hours msg...geez.

They should compensate our time wasted for being "loyal" customers LOL by offering up those raining $5 Kongregate coupons again .... That would be awesome & almost everything would be forgiven lol :whee:
503 days since the last Kongre-gate ended...

im secretly hoping they'll send an email saying "Welcome to the new Rewards system! here's a $5 off coupon to help you started on getting points!"

"GameStop.com is currently down for routine maintenance."

If this is routine maintain I'd hate to see a real problem! ;-)

Question. .. in my digital locker, there are two $10 digital currency pur rewards listed as purchased last September. Would those certificates still be there of I've used them already? They have codes on them and a QR scan. Trying to see if i just forgot about them.

Edit: nevermind. They are for xbox live currency. I'm sure they're redeemed already

So I just called to request my deposit from Bomerman be moved to shadow of war. I was told that I have to come in to do that. Is that true? I really don't want to drive there with the freeway broken. I may try to get my usual store to transfer there, if possible.

So I just called to request my deposit from Bomerman be moved to shadow of war. I was told that I have to come in to do that. Is that true? I really don't want to drive there with the freeway broken. I may try to get my usual store to transfer there, if possible.
In my experience, they have always required that you do those kinds of transactions in person.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is there any way to use trade credit on the app? Finally able to access my cart but whenever I go to payment it's either PayPal or add a new credit card only. Why is gamestop so fuckin weird.

I did one last trade in today. All the values were the same.  Got a bunch of Uber cards, netflix card, Puyo Puyo Tertris, Mario Kart 8, flipped a lot to GS, and in turn flipped more to Amazon.   Pretty good weekend flip wise. Thanks Blackbeard and the people who hinted and directly mentioned the BB flips. Completely forgot about some of those.

I did one last trade in today. All the values were the same. Got a bunch of Uber cards, netflix card, Puyo Puyo Tertris, Mario Kart 8, flipped a lot to GS, and in turn flipped more to Amazon. Pretty good weekend flip wise. Thanks Blackbeard and the people who hinted and directly mentioned the BB flips. Completely forgot about some of those.
How did your uber card transactions go? You get a bunch at once or have to do separate transactions?

Is there any way to use trade credit on the app? Finally able to access my cart but whenever I go to payment it's either PayPal or add a new credit card only. Why is gamestop so fuckin weird.
I've never figured out how to do that. I usually switch to their website to go through the checkout process, since GS.com allows the use of trade credit as the only payment type in a transaction.

How did your uber card transactions go? You get a bunch at once or have to do separate transactions?
Yeah Flash pointed it out. It's pretty easy and the pos does everything. I brought up 4 uber cards and 4 gamestop gift cards. I asked the cashier to put $15.00 on each uber card and $5.00 on each gs gift card. It all went through in the same transaction np.

Can anyone that works at GS tell me if the POS displays the number of points a customer has currently after scanning their PUR card / typing in phone number?
I dont work there, so if your looking for specific triggering events or pop ups they might see, I cant help, but I will say, when I had around 300k, almost every time I bought or traded, I got the wow or hey you got alot of points speech, sometimes friendly or inquisitive, but mostly with the obligatory helpful info projected so the whole store could hear, that I could get coupons or renew my pur, or buy cool things with points, having dealt with this so many times, I would shrug it off and told them Im saving up for the masterchief helmet, and thats where the conversation ended.

I was trying to do a trade today but the system was showing that I exceeded my trade limit. I'm 100% sure that I didn't exceed the $2000 limit, or even $1000, and I didn't trade more than 3 copies of the same game. I self-banned me from late Feburary and focused on working. I did two trades during the weekend which totaled about $800. Does this mean GS banned me? How can I tell? I was just able to check in and get 5 points on the app. Thx in advance.

Just an FYI, Gamestop customer service regarding PUR is useless today as of this post. Just got off the phone - they still can't access any accounts due to the update, and they're telling everyone to call back tomorrow. Pretty bad luck, considering I was trying to get my B2G1 coupon that would've netted me a big chunk of change. 

I was trying to do a trade today but the system was showing that I exceeded my trade limit. I'm 100% sure that I didn't exceed the $2000 limit, or even $1000, and I didn't trade more than 3 copies of the same game. I self-banned me from late Feburary and focused on working. I did two trades during the weekend which totaled about $800. Does this mean GS banned me? How can I tell? I was just able to check in and get 5 points on the app. Thx in advance.
Perhaps gamestop put in lower limits. I did close to $1800 myself in one day, so who knows what the issue could be. I could check myself later tonight and see what happens.

Yeah Flash pointed it out. It's pretty easy and the pos does everything. I brought up 4 uber cards and 4 gamestop gift cards. I asked the cashier to put $15.00 on each uber card and $5.00 on each gs gift card. It all went through in the same transaction np.
Would be nice if the POS automatically gave you $5 for every $15 on the Uber GC so you can just buy one GC each. Good to hear that the POS does the work for you, even if you have to bring up multiple GCs.

Missed out! Damn! I knew i should have viewed this thread much earlier. Havent traded for the longest time. Tsk!
Missed out! Damn! I knew i should have viewed this thread much earlier. Havent traded for the longest time. Tsk!
The weekend stealth bump is still active, and you can still get up to 50% in bonus TIV. I missed most of the weekend but I plan to do a trade tonight.

GCU members have a special offer where they an additional 25% off Uncharted Collection, Ratchet & Clank, MLB: The Show 16, and The Last of Us Remastered. Stacks with the regular 20% off so game is $11.99 each

sign in to your best buy account, click on "Hi, ____ (name)", and then click on "member offers". Valid Mar. 28, 2017 - May. 2, 2017
So I didn't see this one, but just found a 15% off coupon for Pokémon 3DS games? Do you think this will stack with the 20% GCU?

Yep! You're banned. See you in 90 days. It's not always about hitting certain $ amount or game limits. If you do something suspicious, jr detectives can alert your account to loss prevention which usually results in a ban.

Would be nice if the POS automatically gave you $5 for every $15 on the Uber GC so you can just buy one GC each. Good to hear that the POS does the work for you, even if you have to bring up multiple GCs.
They wouldn't make it that easy lol

Do you guys think that the Uber deal will get cut short? It's been such an easy way to cash out credit.

That feeling when you find out you're not banned lol I did 3 sets of trades today, going easy this promo, wish I started yesterday with the 60%, still totaling up to a cool $1k this time around.

So I traded in PVZ2,black ops II, Amazing spiderman 2.. should have traded more though.. I was gonna buy the little nightmares for xbox one for the bonus but there was no more physical so I had to go digital but the digital version didnt apply the bonus so the girl manually applied 65% instead of 50% lol.. thank God that I went to trade those in ha.

Hmmm, dead space 3 for 360 still showing $4.99 pre owned on GS.com

Is this the one people earlier in the thread were talking about being a huge boomerang?

Black Ops Collection also still $14.99 on GS.com

Finally got my retro order in! Hopefully I get out of this night class early so I can do one more flip😩The greed is getting to me!
Did you get through on the website or on the app? I tried on the app, but it errored out. I still got an email from PayPal saying that the order was placed and waiting for Gamestop to process.

Hmmm, dead space 3 for 360 still showing $4.99 pre owned on GS.com

Is this the one people earlier in the thread were talking about being a huge boomerang?

Black Ops Collection also still $14.99 on GS.com
Dead Space 3 rings up as $19.99 in-store. 1 out of 3 stores were able to adjust it for me. The others told me it was special pricing for online only. I know that's BS, but I didn't care to put up a fight for it.

Was able to go in today to trade my dark souls 3 and dishonored 2, both games I picked up with a b2g1 with Yoshi's wooly world for my son.  Came out with 65 and I picked up Puyo on the Switch, gotta throw them a bone every once in awhile.  

I had no idea dark souls 3 had a full edition and I just bought that game like a month ago so I'm glad to get that traded in.  Puyo is actually pretty fun so thanks to all those that recommended that game on here.  

So I take it now wouldn't be the best time to buy something on their website using a gifcard/trade credit? Can only imagine the order would get screwed up somehow and then I would be out credit... How can a company as big as GameStop have such a garbage website.

So I take it now wouldn't be the best time to buy something on their website using a gifcard/trade credit? Can only imagine the order would get screwed up somehow and then I would be out credit... How can a company as big as GameStop have such a garbage website.
You shouldn't ever buy stuff on the GS website with a trade card unless you like to gamble.

could be worse .. i got a vita game that said LImited ed... Came cart only used... I email them saying Take down the LE if your going to send them cart only... i get an email they will send me a replacment.... I get the replacment and its cart only... told them i dont want it im just telling them to take it down as LE... I get a email back saying i will get a refund

So i got 2 copies of the game and the money back and they refuse to take anything back l ol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back