GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't there a juicy Reddit post from inside GS.com's engineer/programmer/software-dev disaster room yet?

I've been holding into this Eddie Kingston "some buddy's getthin fiad!" Wrestling clip in anticipation.

So update for any interested parties...

I received points for my power up rewards renewal and I also received my 2500 points for reserving Little Nightmares. Still haven't received my points for my trade in and purchase for Sunday 4/30 or received my Buy 2, Get 1 free coupon. I hope this is just delayed. Hopefully we all get the points we accrued and any coupons we should have received.
The coupons haven't been coming in all last week. Myself and several others had to call GS support, and then they give you coupon code that you have to write down.

Dead Space 3 and Bops Collection both shipped for me today after ordering online last night. Got two different emails so 2 different packages will ship. Also my trade credit was debited correctly. Just waiting for the gamecube game to ship.
The BOps collection shipped for me today, too. Should get here by next Tuesday.

"Siri, where can I retire to a town without CAGs, Slickdealers, and scalpers?"

[attachment=26483:IMG_0319.PNG][attachment=26484:IMG_0320.JPG]

Talked to a friend that works at my local Gamestop. His district manager sent an email to the whole district about trade in promo abuse this past weekend. That going forward, trades should be used to pay off the game the promo applies to, and then you would need to start a new transaction for the rest of the trade ins.

Hope you guys don't hear similar things in the coming weeks.
The good news is gamestop is unlikely to wvee implement this restriction systematically becsuse it would be a nightmare and cost a lot to develop.

As somrone involved in pos developmennt at a major retailer their system must be very complex already to handle trade credit and values and promos already.

Plus, the "savings" for developing such a costly fix is debatable because you would technically be discouraging trades which they dont want to do.

It should really be the responsibility of the teams handling trade values to close any loopholes. Obviously they are terrible at that, considering they gave $28 for a game that was on sale at their own store for $15 bundled with two other games.

I just got back from a target to gamestop flip. I spent $30 on the flips and flipped for $67.50. I wanted to use the $5 card on all 4 games but could only do it on 3 games. The first store there was a cool guy who let me use $5 card on the first two games. I would trade one game in to get 50% and got back outside and unwrap the next one and use it on another game to the bonus and $5 card bonus. I went for the third game and got denied by a different cashier who I tried to use it on. I left and went to another one. The third one was successful but took away the card. I tried for the fourth with a manager but he didn't have the game I wanted. I tried to put it towards another one but hebdidn't have in stock either. He figured out that I was using the $5 card multiple times and taking advantage of the promos by returning them afterwards. I'll have to go to a different store to return stuff but I'm not comfortable with this store because I haven't been to it but I have no choice. He said the LP tracks the use of the $5 card and I could get blacklisted. Was he telling the truth? Luckily I have my trade in credit on a trade card.

Just wanted to add I was able to buy 5 Uber gift cards at $15 a piece and got 5 $5 GameStop gift cards no problem. Guy was super nice about it, even did a second transaction to combine the 5 gift cards into one $25 card after he offered to do it.Two good surveys coming his way!

"Siri, where can I retire to a town without CAGs, Slickdealers, and scalpers?"

attachicon.gif
IMG_0319.PNG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0320.JPG
I'd like to see an episode of Cops featuring CAG flippers:

"Sir, are these your trade-ins inside this bag?"

"Those are just some games."

"Sir, did you buy these games from Target to flip them?"

"No, I didn't go to Target today. The closest Target is 40 miles from my apartment."

"Sir, are you trading these games in?"

"No."
"Sir is that a $5 bonus trade in card with the games in the bag?"

"I didn't put that in there. I don't know where that came from."

"Ok, Sir please put your hands behind your back. You're under GameStop Arrest!"

Went to another GameStop with only one copy of game A, one copy of game B, and one copy of game C. I asked the rep if there was a manager available so that I could get the TIV that was listed on the app. He presented himself as the manager on duty. I asked him would he be able to make the adjustments and he said yes. I also asked him was there anything against trading in multiple copies of the same game for the same console. He said it depends on the amount that you trade in. I told him I had four copies of games​ A, two copies of game B, and two copies of game C that I would like to trade in. He asked me why was I trading in so many games. I told him I was trying to get my wife a PS4 Pro. He said cool. Went back to the car to grab the other games and proceeded with the trade. The rep was cool so I asked him was there some quota he had to meet and he said preorders. I told him I would preorder whatever was coming out and ended up preordering three games.

Again, I would like to apologise for my earlier post.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Went to another GameStop with only one copy of game A, one copy of game B, and one copy of game C. I asked the rep if there was a manager available so that I could get the TIV that was listed on the app. He presented himself as the manager on duty. I asked him would he be able to make the adjustments and he said yes. I also asked him was there anything against trading in multiple copies of the same game for the same console. He said it depends on the amount that you trade in. I told him I had four copies of games​ A, two copies of game B, and two copies of game C that I would like to trade in. He asked me why was I trading in so many games. I told him I was trying to get my wife a PS4 Pro. He said cool. Went back to the car to grab the other games and proceeded with the trade. The rep was cool so I asked him was there some quota he had to meet and he said preorders. I told him I would preorder whatever was coming out and ended up preordering three games.

That was cool for him to do that, but you might have flagged your account trading in multiple copies at once. I do think the system tracks that.

I'm back in business now. In the process of updating the trade sheets.
Dang, was hoping for another 48 hours of this nonsense.

Seems like there was never a flipped switch of things all going back to normal, S#%! trickled into getting fixed. There's still the empty tabs for physical and digital rewards, points not posting from transactions, the iPhone apps main banner image is still GS.com is down for maintenance even though it isn't anymore.

I just got back from a target to gamestop flip.I spent $30 on the flips and flipped for $67.50. I wanted to use the $5 card on all 4 games but could only do it on 3 games. The first store there was a cool guy who let me use $5 card on the first two games. I would trade one game in to get 50% and got back outside and unwrap the next one and use it on another game to the bonus and $5 card bonus. I went for the third game and got denied by a different cashier who I tried to use it on.I left and when to another one The third one was successful but took away the card. I tried for the fourth with a manager but he didn't have the game I wanted. I tried to put it towards another one but he.didn't have in stock either. He figured out that I was using the $5 card multiple times and taking advantage of the promos by returning them afterwards. I'll have to go to a different store to return stuff I'm not comfortable with this store because I haven't been to it but I have no choice. He said the LP tracks the use of the $5 card and I could get blackkisted. Wad he telling the truth? Luckily I have my trade in credit on a trade card.
Not trying to be a disrespectful or anything but you might want to be more discreet/cautious. If you keep this up, your greed will come back and bite you in the ass, just my .02 cents.

Spot the typo...

40% Extra Trade Credit Toward These Hidden Gyms:

Bulletstorm, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley, & Yooka Laylee when you trade your at your local GameStop! Valid through 5/14/17.
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley, Yooka Laylee. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/19/17 - 5/14/17.

So how much did you put towards the PS4 Pro? And when are you going to cancel the pre-orders? Lol

But in the future, I'd just be careful violating those rules for multiple games. Most of us visit multiple Gamestops to trade in multiples of a single game. Be sure to fill out the survey for the guy also

Spot the typo...
40% Extra Trade Credit Toward These Hidden Gyms:
Bulletstorm, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley, & Yooka Laylee when you trade your at your local GameStop! Valid through 5/14/17.
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley, Yooka Laylee. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/19/17 - 5/14/17.
Too much Pokemon

So how much did you put towards the PS4 Pro? And when are you going to cancel the pre-orders? Lol

But in the future, I'd just be careful violating those rules for multiple games. Most of us visit multiple Gamestops to trade in multiples of a single game. Be sure to fill out the survey for the guy also
I have $190 in store credit now. Going forward, I'm only going to trade in one copy of a game at a time. I'm going to buy all the games that I preordered, the rep was AWESOME.

Did anyone run into issue over the weekend pre-ordering COD WW2 pro edition. Just curious when I was at my local store Sunday A soccer mom came in trying to preorder it and was told by the manager they have reach there pre-order limit on the pro. Said they were being limited on those due to all the people who pre-order the pro version of infinte warfare and didn't pick it up. Manager was nice enough though to put her on a list with other to call if people started canceling there pro copy.
this year each store is getting a specific amount of each Pro version, so once that number is reached in pre-orders, no more will be made. maybe a waiting list. my store told me they were get 15 copies of the Xbox one version.

I'm in Louisiana, not gonna mention the city.
Anyone know what the trade policy is in Louisiana for GS? or for New Orleans specifically coz I think some cities have their own rules? Going there soon & thinking of making a new acct since my home state requires DL for trades & acct creation. And when u r tradebanned, is your GS acct banned or is it your ID that's banned for 90 days?
I would love to know those answers?! I hope u know the answers lol. Gonna use Google Voice as my 2nd # if this works out... People who have multiple accts...do u use completely dif info in the 2nd acct or same info just dif phone #/email?

I would love to know those answers?! I hope u know the answers lol. Gonna use Google Voice as my 2nd # if this works out... People who have multiple accts...do u use completely dif info in the 2nd acct or same info just dif phone #/email?
Don't know about multiple accounts, but Louisiana does require ID for trades. No tax when using trade credit. Some cities do have specific rules for trades, though, so ymmv.

Not trying to be a disrespectful or anything but you might want to be more discreet/cautious. If you keep this up, your greed will come back and bite you in the ass, just my .02 cents.
It's fine. I just wanted to get the most out of my cash. I don't like using cash anymore to buy games unless it's a good deal from another site. I'll be careful next time.

When does the horizon zero dawn $20 off kick in. Thanks IN ADVANCe

in Texas you can use a different number and email for a 2ND acount . It also helps to have a 2nd mobile device to be permanently signed into . I tether wifi hotspot to my 2nd phone.

The trade-ban is ID based. Someone else can trade under your account with their ID but you're still banned even if you open a second account.

So this happened today :http://imgur.com/IqjikUm

Bought them and went to the GameStop 20 feet away. Luckily I had it saved in my app in case I found it and got the old price. Blackbeard when I get paid you're getting a tip. Keep doing God's work.
dang that's nice. i would buy it again to actually play for that price, but all the ones around me are still $8.98 and all cleared out anyway lol

Anyone know if an account gets flagged if buying too many giftcards with credit or a certain dollar amount that will do it. Going to try and get some southwest airlines cards with my credit which would total about $950.

Also, my weekend trades  in of $1800 did not result in a ban. That dude who reported he got banned after $800 or something, must have been because some junior detective flagged your shit.

Anyone know if an account gets flagged if buying too many giftcards with credit or a certain dollar amount that will do it. Going to try and get some southwest airlines cards with my credit which would total about $950.

Also, my weekend trades in of $1800 did not result in a ban. That dude who reported he got banned after $800 or something, must have been because some junior detective flagged your shit.
I don't think so, split it up if it bugs you. Back in the Amazon gift card days I was buying a few hundred a day

Also, my weekend trades in of $1800 did not result in a ban. That dude who reported he got banned after $800 or something, must have been because some junior detective flagged your shit.
Also Southwest usually runs a pretty sweet promo around this time of the year, I usually go to Vegas each year with their $99 roundtrip tickets, that sale is normally 3 days long

Not sure if posted already but the new weekly ad shows that the Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series has been added to the list for extra 50% bonus trade credit.

This is false.

They will ban the ID and account.
The account wasn't banned for me. The two times that I was banned (once for exceeding the trade limit by trading in $2800 in a week and once for trading in 5 of an item) I had my girl use my account (she didn't have one) but her ID to finish off my flips. They went through just fine on my account. I then signed her up for an account after the second ban with all her info and did a test trade at an out of the way GS with my ID on her account that didn't go through. My ID was banned regardless of account but others could trade on my account just fine. So YMMV?

Don't know about multiple accounts, but Louisiana does require ID for trades. No tax when using trade credit. Some cities do have specific rules for trades, though, so ymmv.
Its weird in louisiana I went to one store traded 4 games they wanted my id. Went to another just up the rd traded in 12 games never asked for my id so im not sure if its required or not

To be honest, if you didnt get your points, fuck it. No need to risk having people snooping in your account. Points in the end are not as profitable as trade bonuses. Id rather give up 10k in points, than $250 in boomerangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back