GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got the promised $65 gift card for their false advertising on the halo wars 2 system bundle.

Worked out pretty good because I got $40 for the physical disc and the download version for free. Like I paid $310 for the 1tb S console.

Anyone have experience with buying or trading in phones cell phones from GS? I've read that when a person trades in a cell phone, the employee plugs it into their computer and the computer automatically checks over a few criterias like if its still being paid off, IMEI is clean, blacklisted, iCloud locked, reported stolen etc before accepting it for a trade in. I didn't even know Gamestop had the power to check if the phone is free from any monthly installment plans; Verizon and AT&T are usually protective regarding data like that.

Wouldn't want to buy a phone and find out a month later long after the 7 day return period that the original owner stopped making payments on it and the phone turned into a $500 mp3 player. Hopefully the new B2G1 coupon with the revised wording works on electronics of course.

My points are up for sunday and monday. Only 5k. Slightly dissapointed. Thought I did better :(
I only did a few flips and bought a few things and was shocked that I got 5450

Maybe I triggered some kinda bonus. Got dat saint Jude bonus on everything nor just the dollar

Went and traded my ps4 of course nothing happened automatically. They honored the trade value anyway as they told me they would. The last time I did this promo with the same wording the same thing happened and the employee had to call corprate and get a ebc code which wasn't on their website help thing. Used a 50 dollar coupon and got a slim for 72 in credit. Have a ps4 modern warfare code now if anyone wants to buy it. You have to own infinite warfare to use it.

Anyone have experience with buying or trading in phones cell phones from GS? I've read that when a person trades in a cell phone, the employee plugs it into their computer and the computer automatically checks over a few criterias like if its still being paid off, IMEI is clean, blacklisted, iCloud locked, reported stolen etc before accepting it for a trade in. I didn't even know Gamestop had the power to check if the phone is free from any monthly installment plans; Verizon and AT&T are usually protective regarding data like that.

Wouldn't want to buy a phone and find out a month later long after the 7 day return period that the original owner stopped making payments on it and the phone turned into a $500 mp3 player. Hopefully the new B2G1 coupon with the revised wording works on electronics of course.
I traded in a phone a couple months back and the employee just typed in the serial number to make sure it was clean. He made sure it turned on, had no cracks and had the charger. Then he had me sign a paper and that was pretty much it, took about 10-15 minutes.

If you are in a state that requires ID for trade-ins, I don't think multiple accounts will bypass the monthly trade limit. You're trade limit (trade ban) is link to your ID (both DL and/or PP). the 2nd acct would only be useful for trading in more than 4 copies of a game.
So GS links DL & PP to each individual person then? What if you never use your DL on your other acct though? I mean how will GS know this DL# in Account A is the same person who used this Passport # in Account B ... unless they have some sort of crazy algorithm that matches it all up in the system automatically with the same first/middle/last name combination...o_O

Up to how many transactions can the cashier view? I'm going to trade in my stuff that I got from the promos and I don't need them asking questions.
The things you've been pulling off lately, you should get an additional acct imo lol

I never have to present my ID when I trade.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
So for places like yours, I guess the 4 same games/30 days & $2 limit is tied to the PUR acct instead of ID then... but then again what if you said u didn't have a PUR acct when u traded stuff in, how will they keep track if u opt for cash and you aren't a member...o_O

So just to clear up the validity of ID cards at Gamestop, I was rejected from trading in at one store because my passport did not have my address on it. This is due to pawn shop laws in Chicago, which I guess requires an ID with an address on it. Once I traded in to another city nearby, I didn't even need to present my ID.

Still concerned about my new account though. I was able to trade in when I initially signed up with my passport (even though it technically shouldn't have been taken as an ID at that Chicago store), however, it looks like trading games in Chicago will be pretty difficult with just a passport. Does anyone have experience using multiple accounts in states that require ID? Would a state ID be too risky to use since my drivers license is tied to my banned account?
ya we need more input from people who have multiple accts in states that require ID for everything... are u letting someone else sign up the acct & have it in their name... or are u signing up in ur name & when ur online, change the demographic info of the acct online to like ur nickname?

So GS links DL & PP to each individual person then? What if you never use your DL on your other acct though? I mean how will GS know this DL# in Account A is the same person who used this Passport # in Account B ... unless they have some sort of crazy logarithm that matches it all up in the system automatically with the same first/middle/last name combination...o_O
During my temp trade ban earlier this year, I tried to open another PUR account with my Passport but the GS POS was still able to identify me as "temp ban" status and wouldn't allow me to initiate any trades. My only guess is the GS POS is probably program to match at b-day and legal name. If those matches, it will assume its the same person.

Will they let me buy three preowned copies of BOTW using by B2G1 free coupon? And as long as I do multiples of 3, one coupon will still give me the third game free? 

Not sure if this had always been here but https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/Dashboard/OnlineRenewalTypeSelect is another way to renew in addition to the old ways of http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/powerup-rewards-pro-renewal-with-digital-game-informer-12-month-subscription/102029 and http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/powerup-rewards-pro-renewal-with-game-informer-12-month-subscription/102030

During my temp trade ban earlier this year, I tried to open another PUR account with my Passport but the GS POS was still able to identify me as "temp ban" status and wouldn't allow me to initiate any trades. My only guess is the GS POS is probably program to match at b-day and legal name. If those matches, it will assume its the same person.
awwww hmmm so I guess during acct creation they might just be able to search thru their member database with our name & bday to see if we already have an existing acct then =( I just want another acct to keep my purchases separate away from their nosiness lol, they are so nosy! lol. I don't think I'll come close to trading a lot to get a temp trade ban again though.

I was baited into this ban more or less.

GS.com sent me a fake wii u pro controller. When I called in about it yesterday, they insisted they would refund me without me returning the controller. I insisted an exchange so they wouldnt access my trade card. They argued that the controller would be the same, so i caved. Called into the store today to check a trade for my account, told I was banned. Bitch
Ok, so let me see if i follow this. You bought an item online from their site, got some fake shit, and asked for an exchange. Instead, they offered to refund you. Once they did, they banned you from trading in. Why?

Also, you found this out by calling in to a store and giving them your trade info, including your id number, and found out youre banned?

Ok, so let me see if i follow this. You bought an item online from their site, got some fake shit, and asked for an exchange. Instead, they offered to refund you. Once they did, they banned you from trading in. Why?

Also, you found this out by calling in to a store and giving them your trade info, including your id number, and found out youre banned?
All of this is correct. I bet i got a suspicious activity flag again and was banned.

The store i called knows me well and are cool. Some of the people even used to work for me. They did a mockup trade and gave me the bad news

All of this is correct. I bet i got a suspicious activity flag again and was banned.

The store i called knows me well and are cool. Some of the people even used to work for me. They did a mockup trade and gave me the bad news
Damn just get a friend or relative to do flips for the time being. I always do returns under some made up name or account.

Damn just get a friend or relative to do flips for the time being. I always do returns under some made up name or account.
Yeah it sucks because its my account with well over a mil of lifetime points and it holds all of my 10 year plus history with the company.

That said i opened a side account late last year the first time they pulled that suspicious activity crap. That time, nothing came of it. Yikes for this time though.

I've had issues with the b2g1 not working with switch games but ymmv. I had to have a manual override for my purchase of BotW, 1-2 Switch, and Overwatch (PS4). 

There's no coupon for it.

Edit: go to gamestop.com/trade and you'll see the fine print for it
"LEGAL - $20 EXTRA ON ANY PHONE, TABLET, MEDIA PLAYER, OR WEARABLE

Offer expires 07/31/17. Coupon required at time of purchase. Not valid toward cash trades. "

It mentions coupon in the fine print. Anyway, it doesn't activate when trying to do a trade.

My bad lol I guess I should have read the fine print myself. Weird I can't find any coupons for it. The employee didn't say anything about where to find the coupon when you tried to do a trade?

How do does gamestop get away with this ban shit? Any other type of store would have drug through the coals because of this. Must be because gamestop preys on kids. If you are smart they don't want your business. I can't think of any other company that bans you for doing too much business.

Amazon cards are back
Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Happy Days are Here again?
I think you're better off flipping from GameStop to Amazon. It's more discrete than just buying the Amazon cards and could reduce the likelihood of a Junior Detective flagging your account.

You'll also make a profit rather than just convert your credit from GS to Amazon. I probably average at least $75 profit each week in Amazon flips and on top of that I've gotten lots of free games.

Yesterday's B3G1 sale was a perfect example. I'll get about a dozen games for free, convert several hundred dollars in GS credit to Amazon, and get lots of PUR points for each purchase.

I think you're better off flipping from GameStop to Amazon. It's more discrete than just buying the Amazon cards and could reduce the likelihood of a Junior Detective flagging your account.

You'll also make a profit rather than just convert your credit from GS to Amazon. I probably average at least $75 profit each week in Amazon flips and on top of that I've gotten lots of free games.

Yesterday's B3G1 sale was a perfect example. I'll get about a dozen games for free, convert several hundred dollars in GS credit to Amazon, and get lots of PUR points for each purchase.
I agree with all your points, I still want that option open.

I'll be stopping at a store in about half an hour. Assuming they have the cards on the rack, I'll give it a try with trade credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back