GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would use those up soon.Those codes are probably up for sale on eBay or in the CAG trade section. I think I remember some guy on this site peddling stolen PUR coupons in here before. At least they were not smart enough to to put you in a negative PUR balance.
I can't use them, because that would invalidate the fraud claim. If they get used at a store in some other state at least that lends some credence.

Edit: and they're gone now

called around, all the ones close by my on BB's list said they didn't have them. One guy told me all they had were the $25 ones and that it must be cash or card without me asking anything about payment. 

Started calling others and one not on the list said they had both types of amazon cards so on my way there now :D

Multiple managers have told me that if you wait till after a game is released and then cancel or move the reservation to another reserve thats what works best. I moved a bunch of reservations recently to all the new amiibos coming out.
Why don't you guys just wait until you get the "you have unused credit" email from gamestop instead of cancelling pre-orders? It works for me.

I would use those up soon.Those codes are probably up for sale on eBay or in the CAG trade section. I think I remember some guy on this site peddling stolen PUR coupons in here before. At least they were not smart enough to to put you in a negative PUR balance.
Yep and fools who bought them on here then complaining why their GS accounts were banned after using said coupons. ;-) Also who the hell in this day and age uses pure text on anything that has to do with accounts (like what is this dialup 1996 days on gamestop.com)?

Did anyone make a purchase on Thursday and still not get points for it? I don't know if it is still a issue from when the servers went down or they are not giving you the points the day after anymore.
Perhaps it just takes "longer" to process. Bought some stuff yesterday but I dont see anything on my end.

That gives you the money back you put on pre-orders?
I think so. I preordered a Pikachu 3ds XL but I ended up finding one at Target. I received an email saying that I had $25 in unused credit. I haven't clicked on the link in the email but I've received virtual gift cards for my unused pre-orders in the past.

Anyone play Has Been Heroes? Worth getting?
Yes, but only for Switch. It works well as a handheld game. I personally love it and dropped about 10 hours on it. It's pretty fun, can't say that there's anything like it gameplay-wise. However, it's a rougelike with unfair difficulty, like Binding of Isaac, so if that's not your thing you might not be a fan.

Do the Amazon gift cards seem to be well stocked or are you people checking multiple stores?
store I went to had about twenty of them, called first to make sure they had them.

yea had no problem getting 200 put on an amazon gc, redeemed on my account already. Also put a pre order on the new pennywise funko and renewed my pur :D

Anther GS on the way home had the mei funko so extra bonus :D

Did you walk up and say "hey, I'd like to buy these with trade credit"? Typically they have no clue what I'm paying with. They just tell me the total and I swipe
She saw my PUR card and assumed (correctly) that I was going to use it for payment. I suppose I could have tried to keep it in my pocket longer. Oh well.

yea, they had the $25 ones but pretty sure that's still blocked but not sure. Everyone's been mentioning the 25-500 one.
im going out soon to get some, sometimes they act weird about the gift cards when they have to put an amount on them. ill just be sure to have my wallet in my hand and not take any card out til the very end. the fixed amount ones were easier because i could mix them in with $10 psn cards and they just flip them all over to activate them.

The weekly ad is showing that if you trade a Xbox One towards a new console you get $175 credit. Does this apply to any Xbox One?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I can't use them, because that would invalidate the fraud claim. If they get used at a store in some other state at least that lends some credence.

Edit: and they're gone now
So even upon changing ones password, which I did ASAP after learning of the hack, they can still get in and Jack your shit?

Hasn't GS completely invalidated and shut down whatever tokens they were using?

Ive bought and used certs before and they do ban your PUR account after a few months. Stopped buying after I found out most were stolen.

Wtf. Cashier wouldn't even ring up the Amazon gift card and told me outright I couldn't use trade credit on it. Heading to a neighboring store. Anyone else here got turned down?

In my transaction, I did not say anything about using credit.  I immediately swiped my trade card once the amz card was rung up.  They can't object once the receipt is already printing.

Looks like I managed to piss off a certain store I go to. I returned two preowned items and needed to get some credit off my preorders to pay for the SAO Collector's Edition. He ended up cancelling both. He told me I wouldn't be getting the bonus anymore. I wonder if it's just for that store.

In my transaction, I did not say anything about using credit. I immediately swiped me trade card once the amz card was rung up. They can't object once the receipt is already printing.
That's what I planned to do, but she put the stop before ringing it up. Seems the system allows it but certain employees won't let you do it for some reason.

i know you can't buy visa cards using trade credit. is this cause the system doesn't let it? or employees just don't let the transaction happen if they know you're using trade credit. 

Went to a store on the AMZ list showing in stock. They weren't on the floor yet and couldn't find them, but eventually did in a drawer behind the counter. I gave them the SKU and that helped tremendously.
Thanks be to Beard. YEAH.

Only did 400 didn't wanna be a piggy. Added a game with GPG and 2x of the UBER deal.

Looks like I managed to piss off a certain store I go to. I returned two preowned items and needed to get some credit off my preorders to pay for the SAO Collector's Edition. He ended up cancelling both. He told me I wouldn't be getting the bonus anymore. I wonder if it's just for that store.
From your past posts, this much is obvious:

You are not good at this. Any of it. At all.

Way to keep that low profile, bud

Man I have a feeling you're gonna ruin something trade wise for us soon. You really gotta keep a low profile if you wanna be a real flipper man stop doing sketchy stuff all so close together.

Gamestop signed a new agreement with Amazon to sell their electronic (Echo, Fire TV and etc...) I think GC is just part of the deal.

There is a limit on discounts per order. So 5 games with PUR and cag16 is already 10 discount on the order, which I think is the limit

My guess is you wanted to order 2 copies of 6 games. 4 of the games got the double discounts which leaves only PUR for the other 2 games since it will always opt for PUR if you go over the limit
Your guess is wrong. I don't double up on stuff like this. That's how you get caught.

But I was unaware of the limited discount thing. Next time I'll just place two orders. Thanks!

How are you guys getting the Amazon cards scanned? It wouldn't scan at my store since there's no generic UPC we could find. There's only the barcode on the card irself. They searched Amazon and Kindle in the system as well.

This is for the variable amount cards since they don't have the set amount one

Is anybody looking forward to that $20 off Horizon Zero Dawn Pro coupon? According to the email, it should be valid from 5/14-5/20

I might take out $40 from my COD pre-order to buy it

How are you guys getting the Amazon cards scanned? It wouldn't scan at my store since there's no generic UPC we could find. There's only the barcode on the card irself. They searched Amazon and Kindle in the system as well.

This is for the variable amount cards since they don't have the set amount one
pretty sure they just scanned the bar code on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back