GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
42b6f2cfcdcfc0494f2f5ac1770eaf0a.png

WAT

I think they were removed entirely from the system before they blocked shell/eBay. It's too easy of a cash out IMO for them to not eventually block it. They are also a competitor.
They were removed entirely before, yes, but I would guess that was due to some contract with Amazon ending.

I would also guess that the new contract with Amazon might have stipulations in it relating to the GCs.

I think they were removed entirely from the system before they blocked shell/eBay. It's too easy of a cash out IMO for them to not eventually block it. They are also a competitor.
Plus the company is starting to hurt finance wise. No way they will allow trade money to flow out of their system to Amazon. As you figure the business model is to give small percentages on trades towards used games that were traded in at small percentages which compounds the profits. I think your dead on why the oversight. The cards were pulled before the blocks. Anyone who thinks this loophole is a long term thing is just in denial and wishful thinking.

Bruh, everytime I take my fiance with me doing trades and flips she thinks its time to spend my credit on other stuff, I try not to take her with me...
This lol.. I spent 100 on a GC and I said 50/50 buy your self something nice.. and she tried buying something else with my 50 so I said nope bought myself something right that second lmao.. I told her I found it lol. I also traded my OG ps4 for the pro he had to manually apply the bonus because it didn't ring up. So how would one know if they are trade banned it says it automatically when trading something in?

Hmmm.... Did anyone else notice they already dropped the pre-owned price of Deformers from $24.99 to $19.99 and :pS4: :XB1: Has Been Heroes went from $17.99 to $14.99? Switch version is still $17.99 but it is the only one selling new copies, so much they appeared to have restocked stores with it. They really dropped the ball with these games.

You mentioned the possibility of TIV dropping due to people trading them in. Did that happen?
Not yet their pre-owned inventory actually went down about 700 copies since (lol probably mostly CAGS buying 3+ copies to flip) but I can tell you that it won't go higher then $35 base and it won't stay there forever. GS isn't that stupid they have a good idea how many millions are floating around and the base is bound to come down once people get Zelda fatigue and/or the right trade promo comes along and they start hitting 4,000 -5,000 copies in store circulation.

Hey Blackbeard, on the BB To GS Tab. Their is a game that is missing that has a decent trade value.  Just Dance 2017 for the Wii.  Should be $15.99 with GCU to $30 after the trade bonus.

Plus the company is starting to hurt finance wise. No way they will allow trade money to flow out of their system to Amazon. As you figure the business model is to give small percentages on trades towards used games that were traded in at small percentages which compounds the profits. I think your dead on why the oversight. The cards were pulled before the blocks. Anyone who thinks this loophole is a long term thing is just in denial and wishful thinking.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gamestop+stock&oq=gamestop+stock&gs_l=serp.3...0.0.1.48.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.lFgbxLIkloA

Check the facts. You act like GS is about to file for bankruptcy. Gamestop isn't that hurt. These are the ups and downs of most businesses. This isn't Blockbuster or Circuit City we are talking about. What Darby is mentioning about the amazon cards probably has more relevance to the facts than anything else.

Hmmm.... Did anyone else notice they already dropped the pre-owned price of Deformers from $24.99 to $19.99 and :ps4: :xb1: Has Been Heroes went from $17.99 to $14.99? Switch version is still $17.99 but it is the only one selling new copies, so much they appeared to have restocked stores with it. They really dropped the ball with these games.
Kind of a bummer because I enjoyed both of these. Hopefully this doesn't prevent GS from publishing more games.

Quick question: can I use a PUR Reward Certificate to purchase PSN/eShop/XBL credit? So, like, if I went in with a $10 Reward Certificate, and then purchased a $20 PSN Credit, would it cost me $10? I thought I had done this before, but reading the fine print it says "No Gift Cards". However, I assume that means Gamestop gift cards, not PSN credit?

Quick question: can I use a PUR Reward Certificate to purchase PSN/eShop/XBL credit? So, like, if I went in with a $10 Reward Certificate, and then purchased a $20 PSN Credit, would it cost me $10? I thought I had done this before, but reading the fine print it says "No Gift Cards". However, I assume that means Gamestop gift cards, not PSN credit?
Physical product only excluding posa cards

Back when they first had the reward certs it was something you could do, but it's been a no-go for years at this point.

Only time coupons ever work on digital currency these days is when they're Kongregate coupons, but even that is something that only happens every once in a while.

Back when they first had the reward certs it was something you could do, but it's been a no-go for years at this point.

Only time coupons ever work on digital currency these days is when they're Kongregate coupons, but even that is something that only happens every once in a while.
Thanks. Information on the internet was unclear, especially given that it was once allowed and now it isn't. Makes sense, although it's a bummer.

Last round of Kongregate coupons excluded POSA cards. However, the coupon was still pretty crazy because you could stack it with 20% off coupons at the time and get $7 preowned games for $.40.

Last round of Kongregate coupons excluded POSA cards. However, the coupon was still pretty crazy because you could stack it with 20% off coupons at the time and get $7 preowned games for $.40.
Actually the last 3 rounds excluded them.

The first round was great though! $120 in free XBL money!

Kind of a bummer because I enjoyed both of these. Hopefully this doesn't prevent GS from publishing more games.
Deformers seems it had potential but either GS or Ready at Dawn pushed it out too early despite the multiple delays. Has Been Heroes is a very fun game but the tutorial really sucks, whether you make it to the next level is purely based on luck sometimes which can be very frustrating, and they used a mobile phone game art style to it which probably turns off a lot of people. IMO it is only selling well on the Switch because it is a cheap game on a new system with very few games to choose from.

What was the verdict on the GS email sent out about 10 days ago with the seemingly generous freebie of a $10-$15 reward cert for May? I don't see one on my account yet, so I assume it wasn't given out, it was an advertisement to redeem one's own reward points?

https://www.google.com/search?q=gamestop+stock&oq=gamestop+stock&gs_l=serp.3...0.0.1.48.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.lFgbxLIkloA

Check the facts. You act like GS is about to file for bankruptcy. Gamestop isn't that hurt. These are the ups and downs of most businesses. This isn't Blockbuster or Circuit City we are talking about. What Darby is mentioning about the amazon cards probably has more relevance to the facts than anything else.
They missed their last quarter huge and the stock got killed right after words (see that March 23rd move down 4 that only now has been pumped back up). Plus the future projections on Wall Street for GS is all hold or sell.

Thought I was going to find a NES classic at the store down the street from work. Employee said nope...I am the sads. Thanks for getting my hope up BlackBeard (jk keep doing all the good you do)

They missed their last quarter huge and the stock got killed right after words (see that March 23rd move down 4 that only now has been pumped back up). Plus the future projections on Wall Street for GS is all hold or sell.
Wannabe stock analysts on the internet have been telling me GameStop will go out of business for the past 7 years. Call me when it actually happens

Yea useful info. Their stocks have slowly been creeping up since the underselling of certain titles last fall. And if you check the chart gs stock has been going up and down the last few year. It plummeted when microsoft announced the disc nonsense years ago before xbox one. Then after the backlash and change of mind by microsoft it quickly recovered. Again we are now talking about a much bigger picture. The amazon cards have nothing to do with any correlation youre making. If that were the case game stop wouldnt allow trade in credit to purchase any type of giftcard.

What was the verdict on the GS email sent out about 10 days ago with the seemingly generous freebie of a $10-$15 reward cert for May? I don't see one on my account yet, so I assume it wasn't given out, it was an advertisement to redeem one's own reward points?
I printed the email and showed the associate. They called customer service and added 15,000 points so I could print out a $15 certificate. Also, I followed the link for the missing trade card. Some how I had a trade card on file with $24 on it. I used both to get a pro controller.

What would you guys think if Gamestop moved away from publishing games in the traditional way they're trying to right now, and tried doing what Limited Run Games does? Find an existing indie game to do a low print run (under 10,000 copies let's say, Song of the Deep sold over 100k for comparison). I wonder if that would be profitable enough to be worth it to them.

Gamestops should just become amazon trade in centers that provide amazon credit. Amazom should buy them up for the retail space.

I printed the email and showed the associate. They called customer service and added 15,000 points so I could print out a $15 certificate. Also, I followed the link for the missing trade card. Some how I had a trade card on file with $24 on it. I used both to get a pro controller.
Yeah, I clicked the links to both of my accounts and there was no $15 cert there. So as someone might have indicated before, it's misleading and they want to you claim 15k points to get that $15 cert. So nice job on your end to get CS to issue 15k points.

I printed the email and showed the associate. They called customer service and added 15,000 points so I could print out a $15 certificate. Also, I followed the link for the missing trade card. Some how I had a trade card on file with $24 on it. I used both to get a pro controller
any chance you could post that missing trade card link? i couldn't find it flipping through these pages. much appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back