GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys know that you don't HAVE to buy it at GameStop right? You might hate the company and all but that doesn't stop almost everyone here from making money off of them.

Amazon forces Prime membership the times they have put the switch up and I don't see anyone crying....

I am yet to hear about forcing people to get bundles, at least not in my district. They are encouraging us to offer them, just plain and simple do our jobs.
The frustration comes from seeing that there's stock on blackbeard's spreadsheet and then being lied to saying they don't have any, you have to pay $600 for a bundle online that will ship to you.

Your point is valid about getting amz gift card and having it shipped, but if you were hoping to have one in hand because the store has some, and they lie to you, of course there will be frustration.

I must have the best luck lately. Went to gamestop while waiting for my wife in the store nearby. They had DOOM marked at $17.99 still. I traded that in for like $28 during the cod/destiny 2 bump.
Does this bonus stack with the gauranteed $50 for elite?

You know that you don't HAVE to post on Cheap Ass Gamer right? You might hate the site and all but that doesn't stop almost everyone here from saving money off of it.

Cheap ass gamer forces membership for people to put posts up about gaming cheaply and I don't see anyone posting they want to over pay....

I have yet to hear about people wanting to get bundles, at least not in this thread. They are encouraging us to buy them, just plain and simple buy stuff we don't want.

Does the one identical game per day trade in limit trigger automatically, or is it up to the store to enforce it? Will I get banned if I trade 2 copies of the exact same game to 2 different stores in 1 day?

Does the one identical game per day trade in limit trigger automatically, or is it up to the store to enforce it? Will I get banned if I trade 2 copies of the exact same game to 2 different stores in 1 day?
No you will not get banned. I think the limit per 30 days in 4 of the same game. Gamestop just doesn't allow 2 of the same game in 1 transaction.

On the whole GameStop bundle topic, they should of at least did what Walmart did and let people pick what they wanted in their bundle. Made it like 1 game and 1 accessory, they would of still made money. A bundle with a pro controller and Zelda would of probably been sold out by now.

Regarding Gamestop bundles, can't people just return the additional items since they are rung up separately, or has that changed now?

No you will not get banned. I think the limit per 30 days in 4 of the same game. Gamestop just doesn't allow 2 of the same game in 1 transaction.

On the whole GameStop bundle topic, they should of at least did what Walmart did and let people pick what they wanted in their bundle. Made it like 1 game and 1 accessory, they would of still made money. A bundle with a pro controller and Zelda would of probably been sold out by now.
Are you really suggesting that gamestop is capable of reaching the high business and ethical standards set forth by Wal-Mart? Keep dreaming buddy

Well, I traded in four copies of BotW and now have three copies of Yooka Laylee (already returned Puyo Puyo) to return... I am debating cancelling my Disgaea pre-order and returning at least one of the YL copies towards it.  I noticed GS employees really get annoyed when you do big trades or a return and then ask for it all on a trade card lol.

In other news, Bravely Second new is on clearance at GS for $23.97 so I suggest buying it now if anyone wants a copy to play/flip later.

What's the lowest "gains" you will usually do for a flip. There's a lot of games someone is selling for $40. Trade in with 30% bonus kicks it to like 66.50. He' s 10 min away plus there are some good thrifting sites that way so the drive isn't a concern. I know I'm not a baller like most of you but is that enough of a profit to go after or is it too small potatoes?

What's the lowest "gains" you will usually do for a flip. There's a lot of games someone is selling for $40. Trade in with 30% bonus kicks it to like 66.50. He' s 10 min away plus there are some good thrifting sites that way so the drive isn't a concern. I know I'm not a baller like most of you but is that enough of a profit to go after or is it too small potatoes?
I'm a relatively small fish but I've been flipping games for a long time in a casual sense... and I'd say that is just barely on the line for me. If I was paying $35 for all I'd do that in a heartbeat, at $40 it is up to you. At this point, it seems pretty easy to turn $40 spent on craigslist (in my area, at least) into $75-90 at Gamestop during promos so I usually try to get 2x credit for whatever I am spending in cash. If these are games that typically get stealth bumped or things where the value might go up (primarily thinking Nintendo here) it might be worth it to buy them at $40 and wait for another 50% bonus promo or something.

To me depends on how you value your time. If it takes 10 min to get there add in however long to go to gamestop and actually do the trade and your making $22.5. IF that all takes a half hour then your making $45/hr which isn't too shabby. (As long as you value gamestop credit as 100% cash if not then decrease that 45 by whatever you value gamestop at).

Gotta start somewhere. Go for it. Learn by doing.

Does anyone have experience with the South West cards? They say they could only be used on Air Travel but maybe someone experience is different? Tryina get a hotel stay.

Does anyone have experience with the South West cards? They say they could only be used on Air Travel but maybe someone experience is different? Tryina get a hotel stay.
As long on the checkout screen you have an option to add a Southwest card you are good to go. The Southwest hotel checkout screen ends up at the same place as the airline booking i think.

EDIT-Scratch that, SW GCs are only valid on air travel through southwest not any other service.

Well Gamestop still hasn't figured out what happened to my points. They credited me 5000 for the coupon redeemed on Sunday, and 5000 for "inconvenience", but they need more time than 7 days for their "3-5 day" investigation.

And they still haven't shipped half my order from last Thursday.

Well Gamestop still hasn't figured out what happened to my points. They credited me 5000 for the coupon redeemed on Sunday, and 5000 for "inconvenience", but they need more time than 7 days for their "3-5 day" investigation.

And they still haven't shipped half my order from last Thursday.
Someone stole over 100,000 of your points and they only reimbursed 10,000?

Re-upped my PUR yesterday, hoping to get 2-3 B2G1 coupons like others have been saying. Points from sales yesterday have already posted so that is fixed now. I also noticed when they tried "patching" a security hole I know of the left another new one open LOL.

Re-upped my PUR yesterday, hoping to get 2-3 B2G1 coupons like others have been saying. Points from sales yesterday have already posted so that is fixed now. I also noticed when they tried "patching" a security hole I know of the left another new one open LOL.
Do these security holes continue to leave a customer's info at risk?

Can you use Amazon currency to buy another gift card?
was able to get a food gift card, doing this method, havent tested it on hotel gift card yet.

blackbeard can you update the switch listing, was able to find one, but would only sell with a bundle.

Was trying to work it down to just get 2 used games, but wanted me to buy new copies...

giphy.gif

I renewed mine probably a week or so ago and got three B2G1 coupons. Not sure what I'm gonna use them on, but I finally caved as I knew they would keep badgering me about it.

I'd be down to buy some airbnb gift cards with Amazon, guess I'll try picking $100 Amazon credit up. I don't really have anything else to spend what I got on right now anyway. I'm waiting for Scorpio preorders to go up but probably trading in at least 1 XB1s towards it if not 2.

Amazon's TOS says you can't use a gift card balance to buy other gift cards, not sure if that's actually true though
You can't use your gift card balance to buy Amazon gift cards, but you can buy other gift cards. I currently have a $50 GS gift card in my cart and my gift card balance applied to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back