GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Gamestop still hasn't figured out what happened to my points. They credited me 5000 for the coupon redeemed on Sunday, and 5000 for "inconvenience", but they need more time than 7 days for their "3-5 day" investigation.

And they still haven't shipped half my order from last Thursday.
dont expect them they still own me like 38.000 pts

Someone stole over 100,000 of your points and they only reimbursed 10,000?
118,000 total, so I've received less than 10% of my points back. Supposedly the investigation is still open though.

And the points I received are still there, so maybe the intruder is blocked now, or maybe they just haven't checked the balance.

118,000 total, so I've received less than 10% of my points back. Supposedly the investigation is still open though.
And the points I received are still there, so maybe the intruder is blocked now, or maybe they just haven't checked the balance.
I had something similar happen in September. Had just over 60k points in my account, and got a redemption notice. Called CS, they added the points back. 3 weeks later, the same thing happened, I changed email and password and that seemed to stop them

You can't use your gift card balance to buy Amazon gift cards, but you can buy other gift cards. I currently have a $50 GS gift card in my cart and my gift card balance applied to it
I know for a fact that you used to not be able to do that 3-4 years ago as I tried to do exactly that and it wouldn't let me. PSN cards have always worked, though.

Traded in a couple games I had finished, Picked up some Amazon gift cards, renewed my pro and got some games for son's 3ds. Manager was nice and gave me a %50 bonus towards the used games and the $5 coupon, I had mentioned it was for my son's bday. That was a real good experience and reminds me why I don't like to return games I get from their bonuses especially from this particular store. Still sitting on a healthy $300 gift card and about double that on Amazon, going to be a good summer

Anyone buy amazon gift cards today? I got denied at my home store, but maybe it was because I cancelled an old Mario kart 8 Deluxe preorder. I didn't buy or trade anything in, so maybe he was on to me. usually the supervisor there is really nice so I didn't make a stink about it.

I bought a used game and a $200 amazon card in the past transaction a few days ago so I guess that's why it wasn't a problem. It also wasn't my home store. Now I need to find something cheap so I can cash out and get another $100 amazon card

I got a question that's off topic.
Can I return my ps4 I bought last Saturday for store credit? I wanna get a ps4 pro.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If i have a PUR coupon for $5 off a preowned game, can i get a game that is 4.99 for free? or do i have to use it on a game that costs over $5?

It's weird that you can't if you return it within 7 days
Selling a new system is already at a loss, worse if it's opened because it can no longer be sold as new. Not to mention had and other tampering issues. Walmart, Target, Bb they all follow the same script. Well BB doesn't

Following up on trading in an "old 3DS" for $100: I got a no. I think I got the store manager and she just said that the ad was bait to come in the store and that there is no promo whatsoever. I'm gonna try a different store, but not expecting much

said 140 on the sticker in a local store. Been wondering if it scans less.
Yeah that's what I saw in one of my local stores. It was on the shelf towards the ceiling though and I didn't have time to ask. I couldn't find it on the website now, so it makes me wonder. I liked the game so if it drops I want to get it.

I always thought that electronics were 14 days return policy with a 15 % restocking fee

Must have been a long time ago if at all. Like I said, you could get a really nice manager who would return for full price. It's YMMV but I'm pretty sure official policy is you can only trade it in.

I keep getting an error when checking out, any clue what this means?

Oops!

The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Anyone buy amazon gift cards today? I got denied at my home store, but maybe it was because I cancelled an old Mario kart 8 Deluxe preorder. I didn't buy or trade anything in, so maybe he was on to me. usually the supervisor there is really nice so I didn't make a stink about it.

I bought a used game and a $200 amazon card in the past transaction a few days ago so I guess that's why it wasn't a problem. It also wasn't my home store. Now I need to find something cheap so I can cash out and get another $100 amazon card
ugh, fucking people. What denied you? The computer or the worker?

ugh, fucking people. What denied you? The computer or the worker?
it was the employee. This is my home store, and they are nice to me, so I didn't take it any further. Perhaps, they are telling the employees not to do these transactions anymore, I believe he was a supervisor. I'll try again tomorrow at the store a few miles away.

So I checked my PUR card activity and in one transaction I have 12,000 points how much worth of stuff is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back