GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least I take off the sticker with the price in case they recognize that I bought it just recently. Sometimes I leave the sticker on the back if I'm in a rush.
I dont care if they recognize that i bought it 5 minutes ago. I just take the stickers off because it goes quicker overall in every manner.

I dont care if they recognize that i bought it 5 minutes ago. I just take the stickers off because it goes quicker overall in every manner.
Can't they scan the sticker on the back in the same way they would just scan the barcode normally? Mine do that. Or do your associates take them off and then scan?

Can't they scan the sticker on the back in the same way they would just scan the barcode normally? Mine do that. Or do your associates take them off and then scan?
for whatever reason when they try to scan the sticker it never works. The employee has to manually type in the name of the game.

for whatever reason when they try to scan the sticker it never works. The employee has to manually type in the name of the game.
Maybe it's my imagination then. When I buy flips with the store made GS cases I leave the sticker on. From what I remember they can just scan it as if it was a real case.

At the very least I take off the sticker with the price in case they recognize that I bought it just recently. Sometimes I leave the sticker on the back if I'm in a rush.
Most of these prices haven't changed in a year.

They 100% sure can, it comes up that way in their system anyway so it makes t easier. I just at least take off the price sticker on the front so they don't know how much it was before trade in and I think that makes it less suspicious. At least just take the front sticker off.

The stickers say when it was traded in. If they notice that you're trading in a game that was just traded in elsewhere a week ago, that could raise some questions.
Huh I never noticed that. Good thing boomerangs happen monthly instead of weekly then.

Hi guys.  It's been a while since I've bought or traded at GS.  Does GS still do the 30% trade bonus for trading in a certain amount of games?  If so, how often does this trade-in promo happen?  Also, are we expecting a B2G1 sale for Memorial Day weekend?  I'm going to finally be getting a PS4 in June, so I'm looking to unload a bunch of games and pick up some games for the new console.  I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of trading in old games and buying used games.  I'd appreciate any useful info you may have.  Thanks!    

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've bought or traded at GS. Does GS still do the 30% trade bonus for trading in a certain amount of games? If so, how often does this trade-in promo happen? Also, are we expecting a B2G1 sale for Memorial Day weekend? I'm going to finally be getting a PS4 in June, so I'm looking to unload a bunch of games and pick up some games for the new console. I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of trading in old games and buying used games. I'd appreciate any useful info you may have. Thanks!
0afd6d958d5b759b455e366ddb323d86.jpg

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've bought or traded at GS. Does GS still do the 30% trade bonus for trading in a certain amount of games? If so, how often does this trade-in promo happen? Also, are we expecting a B2G1 sale for Memorial Day weekend? I'm going to finally be getting a PS4 in June, so I'm looking to unload a bunch of games and pick up some games for the new console. I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of trading in old games and buying used games. I'd appreciate any useful info you may have. Thanks!
No, N/A, and no (unless there is some yearly pattern I am not aware of).

Welcome back! Please read the FAQ at the beginning of the thread to get caught back up.

No, N/A, and no (unless there is some yearly pattern I am not aware of).

Welcome back! Please read the FAQ at the beginning of the thread to get caught back up.
Thanks for the sincere reply. I did read the FAQ before posting my questions, but I just wasn't sure about what kind of trade-in promos GS was running these days. It sounds like I should just wait until the last weekend of the month and see if a stealth bump will give me some extra trade-in credit. I can wait on the B2G1 whenever it rolls around.

Thanks for the sincere reply. I did read the FAQ before posting my questions, but I just wasn't sure about what kind of trade-in promos GS was running these days. It sounds like I should just wait until the weekend of the month and see if a stealth bump will give me some extra trade-in credit. I can wait on the B2G1 whenever it rolls around.
Bear in mind the EOM stealth bump isn't guaranteed but it pretty much always happens.

The most reliable way to get a B2G1 coopun is to re-up your PUR Pro for another year. You should receive one/lots after a few days/never.

Yes

Or

read the op.

Reading and comprehending are 2 entirely different things.
What is the value of this post exactly? Things have obviously changed with GS, and the questions I asked weren't addressed in the FAQ. It's probably been at least a couple of years since I've regularly used GS. Back then, GS regularly had B2G1 sales during holiday weekends and offered a trade-in promo where you would get escalating trade-in bonuses the more games you traded in. It seems like none of this is in play anymore, and I'm thankful to the one person who clarified this.

Maybe it's my imagination then. When I buy flips with the store made GS cases I leave the sticker on. From what I remember they can just scan it as if it was a real case.
If they have the GS made artwork, then they have a barcode for the sku in the top right corner of the art that they can scan.

Noticed in the ad that it says the 50% for Rime is valid until 6/18/17.
Good catch, so another month of 50% bonus, nice!

Also, that questionable $200 TIV for ps4 says valid until 6/18, in the ad.
Just gotta find the right employee to manually boost the TIV.
2 out of 3 stores, around here, said they would do it.

I guess I learned my lesson today. Last month was my first run at this while flipping game, and I made out like a King. Gamestop bought me a new PC monitor, a set of yellow joy cons, 10ish new games that I wanted, etc. I got so caught up with the glory of it all, that I didn't keep diligent spreadsheets during the chaos. After the fact, I tried to find receipts and use the powerup site to try and build one after the fact. I think I missed a transaction or two because I just walked into my home store and was told I was trade banned for exceeding my trade limit. It's a sad day for sure.

^^^^^

Any stock info for Alan Wake?  Just wandering if it may be due a boost at the end of the month.  Before anyone says anything about a crystal ball, I just want the numbers so I can make a guess myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back