GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
G2p8irX.jpg

0afd6d958d5b759b455e366ddb323d86.jpg
For clarity, the specific iPad in question is the iPad(R) 2 16GB WiFi Black (GameStop Premium Refurbished), priced at $89.99. It trades to Best Buy for $112.

The white version at the same price trades for $100.

Do you see a large number of TIV changes on days other than Wednesday or that coincide with a stealth bump? If not, I am thinking that Wednesday is the day that reflects TIV changes based on stock.
Wednesday is the typical day of the week they do price changes and TIV changes.

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've bought or traded at GS. Does GS still do the 30% trade bonus for trading in a certain amount of games? If so, how often does this trade-in promo happen? Also, are we expecting a B2G1 sale for Memorial Day weekend? I'm going to finally be getting a PS4 in June, so I'm looking to unload a bunch of games and pick up some games for the new console. I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of trading in old games and buying used games. I'd appreciate any useful info you may have. Thanks!
aFvEj1y.gif

You didn't even try man. Do you want a custom faq written just for you?

Do you see a large number of TIV changes on days other than Wednesday or that coincide with a stealth bump? If not, I am thinking that Wednesday is the day that reflects TIV changes based on stock.
I realize that. I am trying to get a better idea of how stock affects TIV.
Typically 95% of new changes happen on Wednesday except stealth bumps (Fridays and Tuesdays) but I have seen a few changes happen here and there every day of the week. Typically nothing ever changes on the weekends.

BB can you see which stores have ipads?
Trying to see which stores have that ipad 2
For clarity, the specific iPad in question is the iPad(R) 2 16GB WiFi Black (GameStop Premium Refurbished), priced at $89.99. It trades to Best Buy for $112.

The white version at the same price trades for $100.
Good luck everyone fighting for the 13 iPads they have.

D1rx68.gif

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=282082486

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=1120171556

Uh not sure what just happened but I bought overwatch pre owned a couple days ago for $49.49 and returned it today for $64.19. Not sure why but I guess he returned it as new? Not even sure how that's possible with the receipt being able to show the right numbers. Not gonna complain tho lol

Good catch, so another month of 50% bonus, nice!

Also, that questionable $200 TIV for ps4 says valid until 6/18, in the ad.
Just gotta find the right employee to manually boost the TIV.
2 out of 3 stores, around here, said they would do it.
That PS4 trade deal could be even better in June with E3. Maybe the pro or the one s will get a temporary price cut.

Uh not sure what just happened but I bought overwatch pre owned a couple days ago for $49.49 and returned it today for $64.19. Not sure why but I guess he returned it as new? Not even sure how that's possible with the receipt being able to show the right numbers. Not gonna complain tho lol
Check the return receipt. Did he do it as a no receipt return?

Most of my returns end up with getting the tax amount or part of that back in cash even when I pay all in credit and the original receipt is used in the return.

Check the return receipt. Did he do it as a no receipt return?

Most of my returns end up with getting the tax amount or part of that back in cash even when I pay all in credit and the original receipt is used in the return.
Not sure but it does say receipt:5/12/17 and some combination of letters and numbers after it right under the game title

From my limited experience, their POS is hot garbage when it comes to the process for doing a return. Since GS does a terrible job training people, this results in customers getting wildly different experiences in what you get from a return. The system allows for a lot of different things, so sloppy processing of the return gets you cash when you didn't pay cash or different amounts of $ back than what you paid.

^^^^^

Any stock info for Alan Wake? Just wandering if it may be due a boost at the end of the month. Before anyone says anything about a crystal ball, I just want the numbers so I can make a guess myself :)
In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 360
No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 360 - 450
National Range: 3886 - 4858
National Estimation: 4372

EDIT: I just did a more detailed check and every store in the country that has it shows "Low Stock" which is a common theme lately at GS with popular and BC titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Grapevine warehouse is sitting on a couple thousand copies.

In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 360
No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 360 - 450
National Range: 3886 - 4858
National Estimation: 4372

EDIT: I just did a more detailed check and every store in the country that has it shows "Low Stock" which is a common theme lately at GS with popular and BC titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Grapevine warehouse is sitting on a couple thousand copies.
It's funny that the low stock number is 360. Hee-hee!

Wife took our iPad mini 2 in which is $85 base. $84 without charger.

She texts me and says somehow they gave her $156. No idea how that happened.

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've bought or traded at GS. Does GS still do the 30% trade bonus for trading in a certain amount of games? If so, how often does this trade-in promo happen? Also, are we expecting a B2G1 sale for Memorial Day weekend? I'm going to finally be getting a PS4 in June, so I'm looking to unload a bunch of games and pick up some games for the new console. I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of trading in old games and buying used games. I'd appreciate any useful info you may have. Thanks!
0afd6d958d5b759b455e366ddb323d86.jpg
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The flippers, the noobs
And me!

Something to keep in mind for the next stealth bump; GS has Amazon gift cards again, & according to CAG's in the CE thread, trade credit DOES WORK on purchasing them.

OK smart alecks tell me when the revelation about AZ cards being back & working was posted in this thread? I've read every post since the last stealth bump & didn't see it.

(Only reason I know that Pokemon's name is from Dorkly videos on YT/Facebook b/c I don't play Pokemon.)

Love this thread.  Still debating if I want to dive in on some 4/$20 action but I have less knowledge on Sony/Microsoft than Nintendo so I am hesitant.  I feel like Rare Replay has nowhere to go but up... right? lol

OK smart alecks tell me when the revelation about AZ cards being back & working was posted in this thread? I've read every post since the last stealth bump & didn't see it.

(Only reason I know that Pokemon's name is from Dorkly videos on YT/Facebook b/c I don't play Pokemon.)
Is this guy serious? Lol

So you didn't see any mention of Amazon GCs in any post for the last 2.5 weeks? Do you have a lot of people on Ignore or something?

Regardless, it's been mentioned several times that Amazon GCs are back and you can use GS trade credit to buy them. There are $25 cards and $25-$500 cards.

Amazon cards are back
It works it works! Just bought two $25 cards using trade credit while I was picking up something else. On the east coast, they had no Amazon cards out but I asked and the guy said oh yeah just got a shipment of those in today and grabbed me 2.

I told everyone they were back the first day my store got them.

pretty sure people were talking about it on 5/5, I got my $200 card on 5/6.

More like downgraded. The managers get a ton of heat for taking in tablets wrong.
This was the dude playing babysitter at work while selling power up cards last weekend so I doubt he has a long and bright future ahead of him at gamestop

We know you're lying. You did not read every post

I need some help guys. So the 50% bonus trade in on tech is already applied when you are searching for values?? I just traded an iPhone 7 and only got $250. I thought it would be the $250 that the website shows + 50% bonus??? My receipt doesn't even say bonus applied. Did something change?

So was the same cash as credit combo bonus on tech only last week, the website lists the 50% as it did before, now through June, but never did and still doesn't say you'd get cash equaled to the 150% price.

On other note, Some of my phones and tablets seem to be showing the same, some seem to have dropped significantly. Maybe "electronics" will get SB too, or at least raise after the 25% off type sales end.

& that makes it right for you to take advantage of this poor dude? Karma is coming hard
My wife took it in, I was at work. She has no idea what iPad it is. I just told her we could get about $120 for it.

She got it with her iPhone two years ago for $99. What are they going to do, take the $30 back?

Last edited:
I need some help guys. So the 50% bonus trade in on tech is already applied when you are searching for values?? I just traded an iPhone 7 and only got $250. I thought it would be the $250 that the website shows + 50% bonus??? My receipt doesn't even say bonus applied. Did something change?
When I went in early in the week and had them mock up a trade, the system didn't add the bonus. When I traded in a phone earlier today, same thing happened, they manually added the bonus. Gave me cash same as credit as well.

The first preowned copy of injustice 2 is 50 miles away from me. It's barely one day lol now I know for sure I'll be able to use my 20% off coupon before the 30th.

My wife took it in, I was at work. She has no idea what iPad it is. I just told her we could get about $120 for it.
She got it with her iPhone two years ago for $99. What are they going to do, take the $30 back?
Not from you, but that poor guy and his manager are going to feel that. I hope he wasn't babysitting because that was his only option at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back