GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So this works even on phones that are not in the system right? And we can get cash same as credit too?

And for phones in system, would it stack with the extra 50% and cash values are same as cash afterwards right? Or is it 1 or the other? It would be awesome if all 3 stacked o_O
1. I doubt it. Anything not insystem won't get any value much less any bonus.

2. Read the FAQ in the first post. Answer's there and common sense should also lead you to the answer.

Well went to trade in my OG PS4 towards a pro and trade value had went down $20 on it and they wouldn't honor the $200 the flyer says. Guy had call manager on phone and gave me the because it says "up to" line why wouldn't get 200. I argued the line below that showed 200 got no dice on that, but argued my app still had 150 for it. He told him to give me 150, then I returned stardew I got with promo 2 weeks ago and had to use all trade credit I had left, but only ended up $31 out of pocket for the PS Pro.

Hmmm..So if not from the website, is there a way for u to find out all games that are tagged 4$20 at the end of their name/title? If I'm not mistaken, the previous time they offered this sale last year, the list printed at the store level just lists the games in stock at that particular store that are included in the sale and wouldn't list games that are oos at the store that the list was printed from.... ??
Not that I know of yet.

The pics I got from Darby had a column at the top that read "Sts" and each game on the list either had an A or A* next to it under that column. I don't know for sure maybe an employee here can confirm or deny but I think that was the way for them to see what games were in stock at that store. If true that was the full list.

Not that I know of yet.

The pics I got from Darby had a column at the top that read "Sts" and each game on the list either had an A or A* next to it under that column. I don't know for sure maybe an employee here can confirm or deny but I think that was the way for them to see what games were in stock at that store. If true that was the full list.
That would not be correct.

On the list there were several that showed 0 on hand at the store I got the list from.

I think the only 2 they can fuck up are Dreamcast and Wii U.
If they use the wrong machine, they can kill blu-rays.

1. I doubt it. Anything not insystem won't get any value much less any bonus.
2. Read the FAQ in the first post. Answer's there and common sense should also lead you to the answer.
Lolololololololol of course we all know that on electronics its been advertised credit=cash for as long as I can remember coz its always been GS Trade page.

The post was about the extra trade bonuses this time around for this year. I know additional trade in bonuses on electronics did not stack late summer last year from experience when I got rid of Apple stuff. Things can change like allowing credit on Amazon cards again at any moment o_O ...and FAQ doesn't include potential changes rofl smh...I remember people were mentioning trying out just basic phones or tablets but everything had to have a manager override earlier this month...does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

Well went to trade in my OG PS4 towards a pro and trade value had went down $20 on it and they wouldn't honor the $200 the flyer says. Guy had call manager on phone and gave me the because it says "up to" line why wouldn't get 200. I argued the line below that showed 200 got no dice on that, but argued my app still had 150 for it. He told him to give me 150, then I returned stardew I got with promo 2 weeks ago and had to use all trade credit I had left, but only ended up $31 out of pocket for the PS Pro.
Wait... are you saying they made you use the credit because of the return?

Any advice on how to clean an xbox 360 game?  I purchased a few for the sole purpose of boomeranging next week, but they have a "cloudy" looking appearance on the bottom.  I used some water and dish liquid on a PS3 game and that worked fine for cleaning it up, but I'm not so sure the 360 discs are as resilient as the PS3 blu rays.  Trying to avoid some refurb fees

Wait... are you saying they made you use the credit because of the return?
No I just ended up using all of what I had on two different trade cards. I had figured I would not be out of pocket any cash and have $20 left on a trade card, but because they wouldn't agree to $200 like ad says I had to pay $31.

Sometimes these trips to GameStop are just plain ridiculous. Went to trade in my Iwatch and the kid behind the counter couldn't get the 50% bonus to apply (just as others have stated ) and he calls 3 other stores and still says there was nothing he could do. I wasnt upset because he did attempt to figure out what to do. But apparently all the local employees are idiots if 4 total employees couldn't figure it out. I'll try another store tomorrow

Sounds like they ran Zombie's Revenge through the DVD or BLU-RAY refurb machine which will kill Dreamcast games since they are GD-ROM.
I don't think Dreamcast discs have some special difference that would make them vulnerable to the resurfacing process. They really are just a higher density cd. 1gb instead of 700mb.

They can be temperamental which is why I would just recommend burning Dreamcast games these days, unless you're collecting complete copies.

Sometimes these trips to GameStop are just plain ridiculous. Went to trade in my Iwatch and the kid behind the counter couldn't get the 50% bonus to apply (just as others have stated ) and he calls 3 other stores and still says there was nothing he could do. I wasnt upset because he did attempt to figure out what to do. But apparently all the local employees are idiots if 4 total employees couldn't figure it out. I'll try another store tomorrow
Its funny reading this considering there was training last week on how to do this promo and it was under the managers list to make sure everyone did it lol.

Any advice on how to clean an xbox 360 game? I purchased a few for the sole purpose of boomeranging next week, but they have a "cloudy" looking appearance on the bottom. I used some water and dish liquid on a PS3 game and that worked fine for cleaning it up, but I'm not so sure the 360 discs are as resilient as the PS3 blu rays. Trying to avoid some refurb fees
So many questions man just try something yourself for once. Do you always need guidance for every little thing? Just wipe it off with a damp cloth or something

I have an Xbox One controller with a stuck bumper and missing the battery cover.  Will Gamestop even take this?  Will they just charge a normal refurb fee?

WTF Gamestop!?
Ok, I ordered a bunch of Dreamcast games from their website cheap thanks to the free shipping (saver) and 16% off code (CAG16).

They literally just arrived in a standard box. Inside the box was a padded mailer envelope.. but the games were NOT in the envelope.. the envelope was wrapped around the stack of games.

Then the individual games were in sleeves, that were TAPED to their jewel cases.

2 games are cracked down the middle....... I don't know if it was due to shipping or were like this when shipped.....

5TPZiNO.jpg

Notice the game flipped over, their is a crack down the 1/4trh the friggan disc
This reminds me of when GameCube games went 75% off and I got my orders in.

Well went to trade in my OG PS4 towards a pro and trade value had went down $20 on it and they wouldn't honor the $200 the flyer says. Guy had call manager on phone and gave me the because it says "up to" line why wouldn't get 200. I argued the line below that showed 200 got no dice on that, but argued my app still had 150 for it. He told him to give me 150, then I returned stardew I got with promo 2 weeks ago and had to use all trade credit I had left, but
only ended up $31 out of pocket for the PS Pro.
That doesn't bode well for my plans to upgrade either. Going to have to check my home store before I wipe the system for trade in.

I bought 11 gamecube games last week and had to return them all because none of them worked. All had signs of being resurfaced.
What are resurface signs?

Yea I learned about resurfacing killing GameCube thanks to Family Video.
They had a giant resurface machine behind the counter and would resurface your rentals if they didn't work... Their GC games were really hit or miss.

What are resurface signs?

Yea I learned about resurfacing killing GameCube thanks to Family Video.
They had a giant resurface machine behind the counter and would resurface your rentals if they didn't work... Their GC games were really hit or miss.
White stuff around the center ring

I've seen that cloudy powder mostly on the spindle hole of 360 games and they just seem to wipe off with a damp cloth. Does anyone know the source of this residue? Is it cd-wear from the spindle?

Always caught my attention, especially since I had been charged a refurb fee on it once...

Gah, each passing day I kick myself over missing the last console trade-in bonus from the holidays. I've been wanting to trade in my launch XB1 and PS4 to put towards a PS4 Pro for months now. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get $300+ for both of them combined again.

Gah, each passing day I kick myself over missing the last console trade-in bonus from the holidays. I've been wanting to trade in my launch XB1 and PS4 to put towards a PS4 Pro for months now. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get $300+ for both of them combined again.
Some people were having luck trading 1 console towards the switch

That doesn't bode well for my plans to upgrade either. Going to have to check my home store before I wipe the system for trade in.
I had backed mine up and wiped it right before I went to bed last week , then they sold the only pro they had so I had to restore, then wiped yesterday and took it in. Funny thing is the two guys said they had to wipe it in store, because someone was ahead of me trading in a Wii U and made comment a guy traded in his PS4 last week and it took them 6 hrs to do it, guy trading got so bored he went to dollar store next do and bought a lawn chair. I was like wtf I'm not leaving my PS plus and cc info on there, but they went through wipe process even though it booted to setup as a new system.

Picked up my Fire Emblem LE and he gave me the poster no problem. Most employees will probably be ignorant about it needing a season pass/DLC purchase so don't be afraid to ask.

just got an email telling me how much unused credit I have left. it was accurate

at bottom of email, it says I have a $15 reward certificate issued on May 1st expiration May 31st

Present this email or access your Active Offers online or via the GameStop App to use your reward certificate in store

it's not showing up in my offers of course. I remember same thing happened to you guys last month, was showing the email to employees enough and they had to manually apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back