GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan Wake has dipped below the 3,000 mark now. It's in the 2,700-2,900 range (Was at 3,800-3900 last week). I'm surprised GS is letting all that BC+No Digital tax go down the toilet.

So I've bought my fill of Alan Wakes, GTA IVs, and BLOPS 2... Do you guys think any of the other 4/$20 games are worthwhile to pick up as flips? I'm only really knowledgeable about Nintendo stuff. I did grab a copy of Gears/RR but haven't had a chance to hunt for more yet. Debating what else to get along with Gears/RR for another set of 4 or 8.
Was gonna get more copies of Alan Wake but now not sure, only have 2 copies atm... X-Men Destiny is another delisted game, is the reason why the tradein value is so low is coz there's so many preowned copies at GameStop?

I say we fire Blackbeard, the slacker; and, whoever is making the most requests for BB to update, gets to maintain the sheets.
then the sheets would never have the correct info from them haha I hope that never happens & Blackbeard never abandons us XD

My local target that' was stocked to the rafters with mislabeled closeout games is now bone dry. Must have liquidated to goodwill. Oh well it was all wrongly priced anyway just wish I hadn't spent twenty minutes walking there. Did pick up 16 games on the buy 4 sale to flip so that'll be a decent set to boomerang. All these cases are fucked too lol. Thanks for the sheets as always BB

Was gonna get more copies of Alan Wake but now not sure, only have 2 copies atm... X-Men Destiny is another delisted game, is the reason why the tradein value is so low is coz there's so many preowned copies at GameStop?

then the sheets would never have the correct info from them haha I hope that never happens & Blackbeard never abandons us XD
X-men Destiny is also a low rated game, not Xbox BC (Probably never will be due to the lawsuit), and it's available on 3 other platforms physically. Gamestop has about 2,500-2,700 copies of it for the :360:

I Will use my 20% off coupon that I still have in my active offers for ultra street fighter II for the switch. I just gotta watch the app for a pre owned to pop up just like Injustice 2 I saw one come up the next day lol. I Will tell you guys if it worked.

A couple gift card offers in the weekly ad:

Free $5 GS GC with purchase of either:
$25 Nike GC

$25 Sling GC

both until 5/28

Not as good as the Uber $5 with $15 min. but still solid.

Any new yorkers and kansas state people, how is the new premier power up reward working out for you all?

Any word on when it will spread to others?
It's a 3 hour drive to anywhere running it and I've asked a few times if it's coming to any districts closer and none of the GS employees ever know what I'm talking about.

I only made a request because I've seen it done before in the thread for much more obscure hard to find items and figured it was okay. The rest of us can't replicate his searches, and it is not something you can Google, so I figured no harm in asking.

Sorry for bothering any of you

Hey Captain Blackbeard, any chance you can track down a Persona Take Your Heart ps4 for me? lost my preorder by a week and don't want to have to buy off amazon

BTW you're the best! Keep striking fear into those monkeys in the back they call the Gamestop.com sys admins
This is probably only going to get worse......

Hey BB! Thanks for all that you do.

I'm curious how many GameStops used to be an Electronics Boutique/EB Games. I'd appreciate it if you could put it on the sheet in its own tab, and possibly sorted by the date they first opened. Thanks in advance!

I appreciated it.
This. Some people just have a stick up their butt. The requests some people have are plain stupid, and there's no real need. Haven't looked at the trade spreadsheet since the switch game preorder promo, but even then it was a bit too convoluted and there was stuff I don't think was all that necessary. Unless it's green (i.e. it trades for a profit), pretty much everything else is useless information to me.

Just read through the FAQ again, and it looks like you can get a B2G1 coupon anytime you renew your PUR membership.  This works even if your current membership is still active, correct?  I'm assuming that doing so adds another year to your membership.  If that's the case, then I'm curious to know how many years some of you have on your PUR membership. LOL

Last day of Stealth bump blue balls
Dont get me wrong, im all for sticking it to gamestop and making loads of free money....however, its really freaking sad when none of us actually play games anymore...we just buy them in anticipation of flipping them at the next gamestop stealth bump...lol

Dont get me wrong, im all for sticking it to gamestop and making loads of free money....however, its really freaking sad when none of us actually play games anymore...we just buy them in anticipation of flipping them at the next gamestop stealth bump...lol
That's exactly the opposite of my situation. All of this flipping is staying 100% at GameStop for me and I've bought more games in the last 3 months than ever before. I am also slowly saving for a second Switch. Really, for me, I game more now! Thanks CAG!!!!!!!!

Were you around for the Blockbuster B2G1 free sales or the (even better) Hollywood Video $4.99 for any game under $29.99 sales? The planning and anticipation on those were completely bat crap crazy. (I was 100% guilty of it also)

That's exactly the opposite of my situation. All of this flipping is staying 100% at GameStop for me and I've bought more games in the last 3 months than ever before. I am also slowly saving for a second Switch. Really, for me, I game more now! Thanks CAG!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more. $40 cash to me is a case of diapers. $40 gamestop credit that I spent $0 cash on is whatever I want it to be! I would never have bought myself the things I have in the last couple of months using all gamestop credit and zero cash. I get to feel like a kid again for a split second and not worry about responsibilitoes as I buy whatever I want. Thanks again, CAG.

I couldn't agree more. $40 cash to me is a case of diapers. $40 gamestop credit that I spent $0 cash on is whatever I want it to be! I would never have bought myself the things I have in the last couple of months using in gamestop credit and zero cash. I get to feel like a kid again for a split second and not worry about responsibilitoes as I buy whatever I want. Thanks again, CAG.
I'm so stressed on pressuring my 3 year old to get potty trained. He's unnecessarily costing me money at this point. :)

Were you around for the Blockbuster B2G1 free sales or the (even better) Hollywood Video $4.99 for any game under $29.99 sales? The planning and anticipation on those were completely bat crap crazy. (I was 100% guilty of it also)
Ah yes blockbuster flips bring to memory such greats as cranium kabooki. The greatest flip game to never be played.

I only made a request because I've seen it done before in the thread for much more obscure hard to find items and figured it was okay. The rest of us can't replicate his searches, and it is not something you can Google, so I figured no harm in asking.

Sorry for bothering any of you
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=916051048

They did the same thing this week and did TIV changes yesterday and price changes today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BdHPvCiO19sCPuuEijdtfyt19jvXKKYKhbYrz7Tk8O0/edit#gid=801321564

I game the same, but this has helped me pay for two vacations. A lot of damned Uber's for me and my gf, plenty of crappy hangover meals and much more. My only regret is I walk everywhere and sometimes it's a pain carrying 30 games. But it's not like they are heavy just cumbersome. Btw they messed up my b4 for 20. I got spider man web of shadows or whatever instead of Lego movie game. Upside is it trades for 4 bucks more!

This. Some people just have a stick up their butt. The requests some people have are plain stupid, and there's no real need. Haven't looked at the trade spreadsheet since the switch game preorder promo, but even then it was a bit too convoluted and there was stuff I don't think was all that necessary. Unless it's green (i.e. it trades for a profit), pretty much everything else is useless information to me.
Feedback is good for me. What is not necessary?

I worked at both and remember the fall 2010/early 2011 B1G1 on $15 game sales were insane at BB.

Like as soon as a game hit 4-6 months and rentals fell off a cliff we'd drop the price from $50 used to $15. I made a killing on several games that year. I remember getting ME2 like 3 months after release for just $19.99 at BB

I miss them. Lol. The 6-12pm shift worked perfect for my college schedule too

I probably made a good 7500 that summer/fall flipping from block buster and trading hdmi cables.

Just read through the FAQ again, and it looks like you can get a B2G1 coupon anytime you renew your PUR membership. This works even if your current membership is still active, correct? I'm assuming that doing so adds another year to your membership. If that's the case, then I'm curious to know how many years some of you have on your PUR membership. LOL
Yes, you can add it to an existing valid membership, and it will push out your expiration by a year.

I get occasional comments by employees that my expiration is quite a ways in the future. I just point out the renewal coupon through PUR is the best way to get a B2G1 coupon.

Yes, you can add it to an existing valid membership, and it will push out your expiration by a year.

I get occasional comments by employees that my expiration is quite a ways in the future. I just point out the renewal coupon through PUR is the best way to get a B2G1 coupon.
Thanks. One more question: are the B2G1 coupons usable online, or are they only good in-store?

I'm so stressed on pressuring my 3 year old to get potty trained. He's unnecessarily costing me money at this point. :)
does this mean that pushing my 1.5 year old is too soon? Gdi.
7a0184f91b92b0ed95d4f2569e297dda4202c180f1190aebcad34157e5c9de60.jpg

Don't really know where else to express my excitement but I just got a copy of Chrono Trigger SNES from Gamestop! It's been on my wishlist on GS for a long time now and on my personal wish list for years. Never got to playing this game before. So excited!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back