GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
During my trade today the GS employee made me pay in full for Rime even after asking if I could only put $5 down. I'll just go cancel it another

day.
this happened to me last time. they said that if i do a trade in bonus towards any pre-order, it has to be paid in full because im getting extra credit.

this happened to me last time. they said that if i do a trade in bonus towards any pre-order, it has to be paid in full because im getting extra credit.
I did that a week ago and had no issue with putting down just $5. It's a SL or DM/RM decision to enforce putting down the $5.

So that extra 10% off pre-owned when trading code does stack with PUR, but it didn't stack with 50% bonus on the trades. I had an associate override it. But for maximum gain, trading in something low value might work as a separate transaction. But maybe not worth the trouble.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I just did a trade in and got $150. Fortunately I bought these games when they were on sale; the Target clearance games helped as well. The GS employee also did me the favor of letting me just put $5 on a pre order for the bonus to kick in.

Well im at my trade limit now. Since i didnt start last month til the 29th i only had about 560 left before hitting it. did 512 today not gonna push it any closer. bought 550 then with b2g1 promo was 315 traded in for 512 so almost $200 profit 

quick question. I think i may have gone overboard today with BB >GS flips. Anyone here know how long it took him or her to get unbanned? This sucks but lesson learned. 

Today's trades:

- PVZGW2  (PS4 & XB1)
- Lego The Hobbit
- NBA 2k17(360 & PS3)
- Tales From The Borderlands
- Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend
- Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
- Alien Isolation (which got $22.50!)
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- Little Nightmares Six Edition
- Job Simulator 

​Total
$249.75

​Paid off COD WW2 and picked up Guardians of the Galaxy. I was thinking about finishing GotG, but there's only one episode out. I'll probably trade it in for $22.50 tomorrow and get $20 to PSN.

Also, something interesting happened. The associate told me I had a preorder from April 20th, 2013 for something that's no longer in the system. He refunded me the $10.** I had put down so I put it towards COD WW2. It was like finding $10 in a jacket that you never wear.

quick question. I think i may have gone overboard today with BB >GS flips. Anyone here know how long it took him or her to get unbanned? This sucks but lesson learned.
Stealth bumps first casualty. We salute you...

giphy.gif

Stealth bumps first casualty. We salute you...
I used to follow an excel sheet to keep track of everything while being extra careful but these last 2 years have been too good to me with flips that I thought I was better than that and I no longer needed the excel. I am now a martyr. My body is not ready...

Flipping gods, please bless us with a bonus console trade-in. :pray:  :pray:  :pray: Thanks! 

Moving and dumping everything to game stop would make things super convenient 

I used to follow an excel sheet to keep track of everything while being extra careful but these last 2 years have been too good to me with flips that I thought I was better than that and I no longer needed the excel. I am now a martyr. My body is not ready...
What did you flip from BB to GS? PM'ed stuff or anything you just bought? I didn't see anything earlier but this afternoon got hectic.

Your sacrifice will not be in vain. Go in knowing that you will come back reborn to flip anew.

Did $255 today. Bought the surge because im more interested to play it than rime. Reat on amazon gift cards. Feels good, man.

I did one of each platform of pvz 2, found a persona q at a local shop for $15 (could have gotten bo2 and nfs ps4 as well but didnt want to put more cash in).

The rest were bought cheaper than their value from gamestop and amazon warehouse. I think ive owned skyrim ps4 and watch dogs 2 3 times now, they keep getting bumped higher than i paid.

Ugh I got trade banned. I triple checked everything and I was only at $1300 in trade for the 30 days and I didn't even trade more than 3 of the same copies in 30 days either. Wondering if I just got flagged or something. Would I be able to create a new account? Or is the trade ban related to the ID of the person? (Checked the FAQ already)

Did $255 today. Bought the surge because im more interested to play it than rime. Reat on amazon gift cards. Feels good, man.

I did one of each platform of pvz 2, found a persona q at a local shop for $15 (could have gotten bo2 and nfs ps4 as well but didnt want to put more cash in).

The rest were bought cheaper than their value from gamestop and amazon warehouse. I think ive owned skyrim ps4 and watch dogs 2 3 times now, they keep getting bumped higher than i paid.
$255 before or after purchasing The Surge?

Ugh I got trade banned. I triple checked everything and I was only at $1300 in trade for the 30 days and I didn't even trade more than 3 of the same copies in 30 days either. Wondering if I just got flagged or something. Would I be able to create a new account? Or is the trade ban related to the ID of the person? (Checked the FAQ already)
Day 1 of end of Month Bump and already 2 down........

What did you flip from BB to GS? PM'ed stuff or anything you just bought? I didn't see anything earlier but this afternoon got hectic.
PvZ GW2. Might have purchased 4 total this past year

Idk if my first post was clear but I meant to write that I might have gone over the 3 buy limit for new games from best buy towards gamestop. At the end of the day I am now a better educated CAG and I should probably get back to work.

I was being extra careful too. I'm not sure if they just flagged my account cause they suspected something Would I be able to create a second account or is it based off of ID?

I was being extra careful too. I'm not sure if they just flagged my account cause they suspected something Would I be able to create a second account or is it based off of ID?
Possibly Jr detective being a douche bigelow.

When I was flipping games today and I told the clerk I wanted to put $5 on Rime for the switch he knew exactly what I was doing. Guy just said 'I have no idea how this loophole hasn't been fixed yet but it's not against the rules so have at it'

Guy is cool af. Even said 'don't cancel that preorder soon because you can continue to get the bump from it'.

I would normally say the guy is setting me up for a big fall but I've done this multiple times with this guy and I've never been banned... yet.

Did anybody else pre-order Rime? There was supposed to be a pre-order bonus item included. The rep said it's in the case, but I don't see how it could be. Did anybody open theirs and get the free cloth map?

Did anybody else pre-order Rime? There was supposed to be a pre-order bonus item included. The rep said it's in the case, but I don't see how it could be. Did anybody open theirs and get the free cloth map?

Yeah there was a cloth map inside my Xbox one copy. I thought it was a pack of tissues

last month's stealth bump begin on the 28th, is it safe to do trade-ins this sunday 28th or wait until monday? have anyone traded in on the 30th day over 2k limit w/o a ban. 

btw, just to make sure, stealth bump should last until end of monday?

So should I create another account? Or will that not work. Just wondering.
will not work, even with a new id or passport. i believe gs pos references name and dob to identify customer for trade-ins. you can create a new paid account but the trade will flag and cashier wont' able to complete the transaction.

nothing too crazy today but used one of the b2g1 coupons I got and did a quick boomerang  (and dumped zelda, might as well with the used price being cheaper than the TIV with the bonus) and found the other rugrat funkos I needed so very happy :D

So when did the bumps happen? Just traded in a few days ago and now I am at my parents for the long weekend without some other games I would trade.  Missed the last bump.

had my dad do a trade in for me today, kind of went overboard and did a 1k trade, employee was suprised and yelled out

YOU JUST TRADED IN $1000!!!!!, all the people in the store just stared at my dad...

my dad was was confused ended up getting spaltoon 2 and guardians of the galaxy. taking him out to red lobster with gift card :)

Just want to say thanks to Blackbeard.  I've been on here for way too many years now but have far too many things going on to take advantage of these weekends anymore.  That said, this is going to be the one of the first ones in forever that I put some serious effort into it.  Effort that will be much more efficient thanks to Blackbeard.

How do yall have that much crap to trade in?

How much was your upfront investment?

Do you not keep any games in collection?
1. traded in 30 games only played 1 of them

2. 550 credit from best buy gamestop and target, turned into 1k

3. sort of kept 1 since needed to buy a game for trade bonus

have they ever lowered the tiv for stealth bump games before Monday was over? Not sure if I'll be able to trade in my second set on Sunday :(
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssse change your avi lol. Get stuck looking at it every time and then question my manhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back