GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might have been already mentioned, but anybody who got in on The Witcher III PS4 Amazon deal for $9 a couple weeks back, now would be a good time to offload it as it trades for $26.25 after bonus.

So let me get this straight once they say it'll be so and so I just show the B2G1 coupon and the cheapest ones will be free okay good to go.
FAQ on the first page bro

Q: Do I have to ring up the items in a specific order when using a B2G1 coupon or during a B2G1 promotion?
A: No. The system automatically sorts the items you’re buying in descending order of price, and you get every third item for free.

FAQ on the first page bro

Q: Do I have to ring up the items in a specific order when using a B2G1 coupon or during a B2G1 promotion?
A: No. The system automatically sorts the items you’re buying in descending order of price, and you get every third item for free.
I wasn't asking lol

Does anyone have the EBC code for the extra 10% off preowned from the receipt because I left my house without it and know it's a generic code? I want to pick up Zelda for the switch.

Thanks in advance.

Yup Rime for Switch still works, so we can bank on that 40% bonus till June 18th. I know there are other games to get the bonus but my GS lets me put $1 down every time to trigger the bonus, so I'd rather just have that one extra preorder than having extras like Morrowind or Stormblood. That's why I wanted to know about Rime specifically

Mine didn't update from yesterday's transactions
Thanks for confirming. I've been busy all weekend, plus I was still within my 30 day limit from last month. Everything reset so I'm about to go out and Rime for Switch is still my best bet.

Also can someone explain why the value of Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics is so high? Did it have an absurdly low print run?

Thanks for confirming. I've been busy all weekend, plus I was still within my 30 day limit from last month. Everything reset so I'm about to go out and Rime for Switch is still my best bet.

Also can someone explain why the value of Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics is so high? Did it have an absurdly low print run?
Exactly that. Game was hard to find right out the gate, and it's almost impossible to find around MSRP.

It had a moderate print run just by virtue of being a late Wii U title, but not abnormally low. I remember seeing it at pretty much every store I went to within 9-10 months of its release

Around Black Friday I got my copy and they were easy to find everywhere, and by January it was sold out everywhere and $80+ on eBay, where it went from having very few listings to tons and tons of listings. I honestly think it was a group of people playing the market and buying them all up to reduce stock and increase price/demand. I've seen hardcore Wii U collectors on Nintendo Age speculate this as well

Was denied the $5 extra trade in coupon today by a guy that rung me up friday, said it needed to be a physical one because their supposed to throw them away. Other than that a good trade in weekend. Turned $200 BB/GS credit and $25 cash into $400 GS, $140 amazon, pro controller, and various gc for a vacation.

Hmmm wonder if Tiger Wood's arrest will lead to a Rory price bump.

Anywho, fun/scary taking a huge loss by cash trade in on last months "Gyms" games, in order to have moolah to buy Rory's from Target and Plants/NBa from Best Buy's, all to back to GS for even more credit.

Thank you BB, I look forward to sending ya a gratitude once money's not so tight at home.

Sheesh, almost lost $70ish because guy assumed the 40% trade bonus would apply (towards FF14 Complete). 

These are with bonuses

Xcom2 - $26.25

Forza Horizon 3 - $41.25

Last Guardian - $33.75

PvZ2 -  $37.50

Bloodborne - $18.75

AssAssin Creed Ezio Collection - $37.50

Mafia 3 - $26.25

Brought a stack of 15 games to the counter and told her I had a coupon. She saw that it was a B2G1 coupon and said it would only work on one set. I just shrugged and said okay. I was laughing inside when she went "Woah!" when it worked on multiple. I acted surprised too.

Thanks again BB for the hit list. Made $215 profit in one trip.

does the system automatically ban you when you trade in more than 5 copies? 

last month i traded 4 pvz 2 xb1 1 4/28, 1 4/29, 2 4/30.  i trade another 2 on 5/28 yesterday.  if i trade in another copy of pvz2 xb1  today will the system ban immediately?

While trading in my games today I noticed on my receipt the guy had scanned a game twice. Was still in the store waiting for papers to print so I made sure to let him know; he said he couldn't do anything about it and that it was ok. Not that I don't believe him, but should I be concerned? It didn't put me over the limit for that game, but I don't know if two of the same games, for the same system, in one trade will set off a flag or anything. Thoughts?

Finally done. Couldn't even use my last coupon because I hit the $1900 mark on all my accounts😩 At least the next stealth bump everything will have rolled over and we can all start with a fresh 2k :)

does the system automatically ban you when you trade in more than 5 copies?

last month i traded 4 pvz 2 xb1 1 4/28, 1 4/29, 2 4/30. i trade another 2 on 5/28 yesterday. if i trade in another copy of pvz2 xb1 today will the system ban immediately?
You'll be fine bro. Blackbeard traded 8 PvZ for each system and is all good!

While trading in my games today I noticed on my receipt the guy had scanned a game twice. Was still in the store waiting for papers to print so I made sure to let him know; he said he couldn't do anything about it and that it was ok. Not that I don't believe him, but should I be concerned? It didn't put me over the limit for that game, but I don't know if two of the same games, for the same system, in one trade will set off a flag or anything. Thoughts?
If it doesn't put you over a limit then there's nothing to worry about on your end

You'll be fine bro. Blackbeard traded 8 PvZ for each system and is all good!

If it doesn't put you over a limit then there's nothing to worry about on your end
i just want to know if the system ban you automatically cuz i get trade ban today lol. didnt exceed 2k, i was trading my 5 copies pvz 2 today , i thought i traded in 3 before 4/29.

i just want to know if the system ban you automatically cuz i get trade ban today lol. didnt exceed 2k, i was trading my 5 copies pvz 2 today , i thought i traded in 3 before 4/29.
On a serious note, April 29th to May 28th is exactly a rolling 30 day period, and you traded 5 PvZ2 in that span, so it's no surprise you got banned. Once your 90 day time-out is over, consider investing in a calendar

You guys think :ps3: and :360: NBA 2k17's will have this high of a value next stealth bump? I want to say no, because it'd be the end of basketball season.
No way in hell, especially since it won't be the last one in the series for those systems (they're making 2k18 for them)

Might get a small bump but not $25 base again

Can't believe people actually get banned when all the rules and guidelines are laid out perfectly. Read and follow the FAQ's and you don't get banned... simple stuff here boys

Dammit on my last trade I totally forgot I bought 2k17 for PS3 as part of b2g1 and went to a BBY nearby and got 2k for 360 and PS3 so now I'm stuck with a lone 2k for PS3.

On a serious note, April 29th to May 28th is exactly a rolling 30 day period, and you traded 5 PvZ2 in that span, so it's no surprise you got banned. Once your 90 day time-out is over, consider investing in a calendar
my fifth copies trade didnt complete because i was banned. i just want to know if the ban activates immediately when they type my id#.

I traded 1 copies each on 4/28 and 4/29, 2 copies 4/30 and 2 copies 5/28. it should have even out. i didn't trade 5 copies in the time span. if you said 4/29 to 5/28 is 30 day period then my 2 copies from 4/30 should clear out today as well.

my fifth copies trade didnt complete because i was banned. i just want to know if the ban activates immediately when they type my id#.
Your account and ID are both banned if it is required for trades.

Also, stoked to see how many points I get after today's fliaproonies. Cyber Monday is gonna be $$$

So what's up with this Rime deal that I see everyone posting about?  Is it because the Switch version isn't out, so you can gain an extra 40% trade-in by only putting down the minimum amount for a preorder?

Either I'm not banned, or the ban kicks in the next day.

I'm waiting until I run into a friendly staff member before confirming it with a test trade. One of my regular spots just got some new staff, and the newbies keep being the ones working when I swing by.

Got a really cool employee today.  I was the only person in the store and they still had the sign up for the 50% for Guardians of the Galaxy (which I wanted over RIME) so I asked if the promo was still valid which I knew ended yesterday.  He said he would honor it since the sign was still up. I did not even have to ask.  I was surprised the promo was 50% + 10% for pro. I know, welcome to the thread.  Anyway, I traded about $200 worth of games for my Dad and got some Amazon credit for him.  I will be leaving a nice survey for sure.

Got a really cool employee today. I was the only person in the store and they still had the sign up for the 50% for Guardians of the Galaxy (which I wanted over RIME) so I asked if the promo was still valid which I knew ended yesterday. He said he would honor it since the sign was still up. I did not even have to ask. I was surprised the promo was 50% + 10% for pro. I know, welcome to the thread. Anyway, I traded about $200 of game for my Dad and got some Amazon credit for him. I will be leaving a nice survey for sure.
One of the many ways that clerk screwed up was that the promo is 40% + 10% for Pro. It's also a dick move to break the rules like that, if the promo is over, move on to the next deal.

One of the many ways that clerk screwed up was that the promo is 40% + 10% for Pro. It's also a dick move to break the rules like that, if the promo is over, move on to the next deal.
Are you honestly saying I was being a dick? I literally asked him if the promo was still going on. He did all the rest.

I traded 1 copies each on 4/28 and 4/29, 2 copies 4/30 and 2 copies 5/28. it should have even out. i didn't trade 5 copies in the time span. if you said 4/29 to 5/28 is 30 day period then my 2 copies from 4/30 should clear out today as well.
Your copy from 4/28 may have cleared on 5/28 exactly, but you still had the 1 from 4/29, 2 from 4/30, and then 2 on 5/28. 1+2+2=5 which equals ban

Because he asked them to honor a sign that was still up in the store? Yeah, TOTAL DICK MOVE!

Spoiler for my interactions with dumb guy at GS so as not to completely clog the thread
Saw some poor SOB and his wife trade in a new 3dsxl, probably 10 3ds games(saw at least one Legend of Zelda game in there), a Wii U with at minimum 15 games, and no bonuses. I never mention stuff to people in Gamestop but I guess I was feeling stupid/friendly because I casually mentioned how reserving Rime for the Switch(which they were trading in to get a console but the GS employee explained nope, have to buy the bundle online) would net them much more than not getting it.

Of course the guy looks at me like I have three heads and declines saying he doesn't "want to mess with anything complicated." The employee even chimed in and told him it's like paying 39.99 to get an extra two hundred dollars. The dude pretty well shut down at that point and the employee went back to scanning his titles after an awkward 10 second silent pause.

I know, people don't want to be helped and I shouldn't even bother so I have no idea what possessed me today. The funny thing is this is the one store I know of that is completely cool with anything, I got a $500 amazon card today and the guy didn't even bat an eye. 

Was a great flipping weekend, I put in a total of $87 cash, 20 some BB credit for Ass Creed Ezio, and then churned through a bunch of the remaining pieces  I've been stockpiling on the cheap. Came out of it with over $700 amazon credit, paid off a few more preorders, and then used that amazon credit to buy a matching sub for my new house.

Think I'm going to take a break for a while and just focus on beating the games I have left. Getting a little burned out on all the driving around and such, I have it  better than most with so many stores nearby and I doubt I put in more than 4 hours total this weekend with research and travel but it just loses it's appeal at a certain point.

50% Tech Trade extended through June 16 , not mentioned in this weeks weekly ad. Additional $20 extended through July. Cash same as credit seems to be indefinitely.

P.S. - Pro Day, coming in June, is when everyone PURP gets unlimited B2G1 transactions, right? Has B2G1 always been a staple of them?
to everyone asking ending dates of the electronics promos/is it over??!!... read what that post says above ^ lol

Think I'm going to take a break for a while and just focus on beating the games I have left. Getting a little burned out on all the driving around and such, I have it better than most with so many stores nearby and I doubt I put in more than 4 hours total this weekend with research and travel but it just loses it's appeal at a certain point.
I feel you man. I am exhausted after today and all I did was drive lol

Lol. This dude wasn't hugged enough as a child.

How someone could be bothered over this & call them a dick is baffling to me.
yea that dude must be hangry.
Because he asked them to honor a sign that was still up in the store? Yeah, TOTAL DICK MOVE!
Guess I'm the only one who read the OP. Person went in knowing the promo was over, it wasn't an honest question. Good to know many will brook no criticism of their fellow CAGs.

Spoiler for my interactions with dumb guy at GS so as not to completely clog the thread
Saw some poor SOB and his wife trade in a new 3dsxl, probably 10 3ds games(saw at least one Legend of Zelda game in there), a Wii U with at minimum 15 games, and no bonuses. I never mention stuff to people in Gamestop but I guess I was feeling stupid/friendly because I casually mentioned how reserving Rime for the Switch(which they were trading in to get a console but the GS employee explained nope, have to buy the bundle online) would net them much more than not getting it.

Of course the guy looks at me like I have three heads and declines saying he doesn't "want to mess with anything complicated." The employee even chimed in and told him it's like paying 39.99 to get an extra two hundred dollars. The dude pretty well shut down at that point and the employee went back to scanning his titles after an awkward 10 second silent pause.

I know, people don't want to be helped and I shouldn't even bother so I have no idea what possessed me today. The funny thing is this is the one store I know of that is completely cool with anything, I got a $500 amazon card today and the guy didn't even bat an eye.
This is why I never intrude on other people's transactions. You never know what shit you'll get in return for trying to help.

Guess I'm the only one who read the OP. Person went in knowing the promo was over, it wasn't an honest question. Good to know many will brook no criticism of their fellow CAGs.
He probably ended up helping the guy since the promo signage wasn't supposed to be up. Stop overeacting. If the clerk didn't care, I don't see why you should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back