GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Least I have the common sense to not hold them up if I see a line, or if they are busy. I try to get through as quickly as possible, it's usually only on slow moments.

Also, I hate people who talk during movies at the theater, period.
I've snapped at my friends for leaning in to say/make jokes when I am trying to enjoy the show.
You're rambling again...

So when did they start allowing you to use credit on Amazon giftcards again? I remember they stopped doing that but I went to the store today and had no problem.

So when you do a trade in transaction does your profile totally pop up? Can they see what you recently bouhht off the scree or do they have to do some sort of digging?

You're not swift of thought to say these things. But that manager should read the damn GameStop bag as it explicitly states to fill this bag with your games and other electronics to trade in for credit.

That said, please do less jibber jabber and get the hell outta there as soon as you're done.
That I do, I usually only talk if they aren't busy. If they are, I get through as quick as possible..

I said it just as I was finishing my transaction and was getting ready to leave, I wasn't staying around to converse.

I fully admit, it was a stupid mistake and everyone makes bone head moves now and then. I'll try and trade them in a few weeks, at one of the other stores just in case, after today has died down.

I just realized I replied to you twice with basically the same comment/dialogue.

So when did they start allowing you to use credit on Amazon giftcards again? I remember they stopped doing that but I went to the store today and had no problem.

They never stopped.

The old cards were pulled from the system so you couldn't buy them with cash even.

The new cards work like the cards used to. That started about a month now.

They never stopped.

The old cards were pulled from the system so you couldn't buy them with cash even.

The new cards work like the cards used to. That started about a month now.
I remember when they and their Kindle were removed.
Can they be bought with store credit or gift cards, or are they like eBay cards and neither can be used?

That I do, I usually only talk if they aren't busy. If they are, I get through as quick as possible..
I said it just as I was finishing my transaction and was getting ready to leave, I wasn't staying around to converse.

I fully admit, it was a stupid mistake and everyone makes bone head moves now and then. I'll try and trade them in a few weeks, at one of the other stores just in case, after today has died down.

I just realized I replied to you twice with basically the same comment/dialogue.
I give you massive credit for being a good sport about this shit. These people are on your ass today (for good reason) and yet you remain professional. Kudos for the self depreciation

BTW, we good down South

I give you massive credit for beings good sport about this Shit. These people are on your ass today (for good reason) and yet you remain professional. Kudos for the self depreciation

BTW, we good down South
It's one of those times you know you fucked up, know what I mean.

I am more angry at myself than I am more than anything, and I know they are just ribbing me for being a dumb ass.

I've seen, and put up with much worse in my life time. So I am just taking it in stride.

I'm quite the extrovert, and really have no filter due to certain developmental problems. I know my short comings, and some of the ribbing is deserved.

As I said above, I also respect the manager and worker since they were just protecting their job more than anything. I've dealt with them for so long (the manager even said she's known me more than 2 yrs today), that I doubt she'll report it.. and this will more than likely blow over in a couple days to weeks. Especially if I trade in the items separately when I am running my errands instead of all together in the same bundle they were purchased.

The only real defense I had was I said it in passing as I was checking out that I would probably be trading the games back in when I was done with them. I am guessing the manager knew me well enough to know that meant they were being flipped, and not actually played.

Hell, check out some of my earlier posts on this thread, I've complained about quite a few things about the Gamestops in this area (Central MASS).

This game seems to have fallen in price overall. There's been a copy at my local GS for $44 (?) For months now. I sold it a few months back with the ebay bonus $20 for $85.
Someone gladly gave me $50 for a copy at a retro convention in April. Oops.

@Jiryn

Honestly... people are giving you some serious heat here (which is fine to a point) but I'm shocked more people aren't surprised by the extreme over-reaction by the manager.  You bought some games, casually remarked you might trade them back in when done (which is part of the GS business model) and not only does the dude proceed to get annoyed/upset (which I could see) but then starts calling nearby stores!?  For real?  Are you sure you didn't buy like 16 games with the 4/$20 when you said this? lol I just can't imagine a dude getting that worked up about it.

Considering all of the boomerangs/flips, buying a 4/$20 game for $4.49 and trading it in for $6-7 is peanuts lol.

@Jiryn

Honestly... people are giving you some serious heat here (which is fine to a point) but I'm shocked more people aren't surprised by the extreme over-reaction by the manager. You bought some games, casually remarked you might trade them back in when done (which is part of the GS business model) and not only does the dude proceed to get annoyed/upset (which I could see) but then starts calling nearby stores!? For real? Are you sure you didn't buy like 16 games with the 4/$20 when you said this? lol I just can't imagine a dude getting that worked up about it.

Considering all of the boomerangs/flips, buying a 4/$20 game for $4.49 and trading it in for $6-7 is peanuts lol.
Star Wars Kinect

Lego Star Wars Complete (WII)
Lego Star Wars Clone Wars (360)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

That is what I bought, averaging $4-6 per item. Not even the best boomerang but I was trying to make the best with what they had in stock.

The manager also is/was the manager of the stores in the area until recently. So they held some sway with the other stores, I could drive 30miles to another store but it is not worth the gas.

As I said, they mentioned the DM has been watching the stores closely as of late for people taking advantage of policy and flips, so that could be the reason for the over reaction.

Hell, I've seen the police in the store on multiple occasions due to stolen hardware and games, and they wanted to see if the items had shown up at the store.

(Which is odd, since I never saw anything like that in the Saginaw, Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor stores.)

@Jiryn

Honestly... people are giving you some serious heat here (which is fine to a point) but I'm shocked more people aren't surprised by the extreme over-reaction by the manager. You bought some games, casually remarked you might trade them back in when done (which is part of the GS business model) and not only does the dude proceed to get annoyed/upset (which I could see) but then starts calling nearby stores!? For real? Are you sure you didn't buy like 16 games with the 4/$20 when you said this? lol I just can't imagine a dude getting that worked up about it.

If you're trading them back in for $6-7 each you're doing it wrong.

snip...

It's my fault for opening my big mouth.
giphy.gif

Welp, my flipping just got me in trouble with a Gamestop manager.

I went in to buy Star Wars Kinect just to have a dumb game around the house.

I saw it was on the 4 for $20 deal, and decided to use that to my advantage to buy 3 other games that I could trade in to get most, if not all the money back I was spending.

I know the workers and manager due to being a regular at the store, and after the transaction they told me to enjoy my games, I mentioned I'd be trading them back as soon as I was done with them.

Before I could say anything else.. the Manager of the store stopped me and said they cannot allow it. I can NOT trade the games I just purchased on the 4 for $20 back in, since it is taking advantage of the store policies and they are now instructing their workers to not allow me to trade these games in. They cannot sell me games so that I can turn around and make a profit off them

Annoyed, I left and went to the closest store (one town over)... the manager from the first store had called ahead, and warned them I may be trying to trade games in and told them not to let it happen. The manager called all the closest stores so.. now I am kinda screwed.

Their reasoning is simple, the district manager of the area is cracking down on flippers and people who take advantage of the stores.

It's my fault for opening my big mouth.
nelson-haha-ha-ha.jpg

Damn, too much hostility and overreacting in the thread lately.  Calm your T's people, go to your happy place (that trade bump lasting an extra day).

If you're trading them back in for $6-7 each you're doing it wrong.
With the exception of combining the Black Ops 1 + 2 into the combo (which I did x4) what else would you do differently? I'm not comfortable bringing $5 blank coupons in with each trade but I suppose that would drastically boost your gain lol.

My thoughts exactly.

Just a stupid thing to say instead of "I will, thanks!" Now you have a junior detective on your account
Luckily there is really nothing to see, I've not flipped/boomeranged in a long time.

Last few things I traded in were games I could get for much cheaper digitally than the trade in price.. so I traded toward that.

The only other thing was the return of defective Dreamcast games.

Ok, now that everyone input their feelings towards Jiryn, now we need some relevant information such as the 50% bonus on electronics. It is still advertised in the banner but not mentioned in the trade section.

This cager's attention whoring and dumbassedness isn't anything new. I don't dislike the member, but the person made a moron move, and is using every opportunity over the last 2 pages to go on about it.  You done fucked up. Let's keep it moving.

With the exception of combining the Black Ops 1 + 2 into the combo (which I did x4) what else would you do differently? I'm not comfortable bringing $5 blank coupons in with each trade but I suppose that would drastically boost your gain lol.
$5 coupons plus multiple stores.

Just got a message on the GS app for $5 off a pre-owned item for downloading and playing Bit Hero.  Kongregate Coupon is back!!!

Edit: Must play through the tutorial.  Not valid on Point of Sale activation cards or cash-like gift cards. Offer expires 6/30/17

Holy shit kongregate coupons are back? I only just recently downloaded the Gamestop app, so forgive me if they've always moved this here or something. But I got a notification for a $5 coupon for downloading the game "Bit Heroes".

$5 coupons plus multiple stores.
Just got a message on the GS app for $5 off a pre-owned item for downloading and playing Bit Hero. Kongregate Coupon is back!!!

Edit: Must play through the tutorial. Not valid on Point of Sale activation cards or cash-like gift cards. Offer expires 6/30/17
The $5 coupon, are you talking about the business card ones, or just the Kongregate ones?

They are doing two or possibly more new promo codes. Ebc3055715 and an unknown ebc code. First one does 10% extra off preowned the other adds two $5 preorders on any item which worked well with Rime on the Switch.

They are doing two or possibly more new promo codes. Ebc3055715 and an unknown ebc code. First one does 10% extra off preowned the other adds two $5 preorders on any item which worked well with Rime on the Switch.
...im going to need you to explain that last part

@Jiryn yes you fucked up but holy shit that manager is a god damn little bitch. Why they feel the need to defend their company so much when we abuse their policies that GameStop set themselves is beyond me. Good luck with future trades.

With regards to the Kong coupon coming back, it's time to get all those old emails back up and running! but seriously, first AMZ cards come back, flips are plentiful and now the $5 coupon is back?!? Gamestop is really out here tryna let us splurge😭😭

It's been a while though, anyone have that instructions list on how to get multiples? PM me or post it in here please! I remember there was a certain thing you had to do like clear the cache or something every time before you deleted the game and re downloaded.

Kongregate coupon is on Pre-owned only this time, previous rounds were $5 of any item if I recall correctly.  The last time it timed out with a pre-planned road trip and I was able to fund my PSN account for a long while with $5 PSN card pick ups along the way.

Went in for trade today & NBA 2k17 for both PS3/360 dropped to $16.50 IIRC. Had values saved on GameStop ap. Saved em few mins after midnight since I knew I was gonna do Elder Scrolls pre-order for 40% boost. Got em to honor saved values but their system brought 40% boost to new lesser values so got $33.50 instead of $37.50. Had a $5 trade boost card tho so that helped on one of em. Same on PVZ 2 for Xbone. Value dropped & got less on pre-order boost.

Also wanted to ask which GiftCards at what amounts get the $5 GameStop GiftCard. Think I remember reading $25 Dominos earns it, Crunchy Roll, but what else??

Jiryn's tirst mistake was telling GS his plans to trade in. His second mistake was telling CAG what happened. Must be a slow news day, Ice Magician's assfoolery didn't get this much of a reaction. Dude messed up, copped to his own culpability (instead of trying to blame GS as most tend to do) and still he's getting flamed post after post. Jesus. Him fucking up isnt going ruin anyone's game.
Some of you act like you're not on a public forum openly discussing the many ways to get over on GS over and over again. With all the times that tattle tales like I Am The Cuntiest Gamer have blown this community in, and corporate does nothing to close certain loopholes, it's obvious that they don't care. The generals are looking at the whole war and dont even see us, we deal with the troops worried about their one little hill. Gamestop has hundreds of thousands of customers and makes billions of dollars in sales. The few hundred or thousand flippers are barely a blip on the radar. They lose some money on us to get product that will get purchased and traded back to them over and over again by people who arent into it as deep as we.

You don't have to make a bunch of emails to get multiple coupons. You can add a . Anywhere in your regular gmail address and the game will think it's a different one. Google ignores the . And will email the coupon to your main account.

Huzzah.

My first Kongregate Thing as a CAG.

Now in my 20's I shall get revenge for all the PS2/Xbox/GCN games that store gave me like $0.50 for and resold at $50.00 in high school.

So....................................

If its pre owned items only,

1) why's it even mention gift cards at all?

2) Why does it bother labelling two types of cards?

3) why does it say "cash-like" gift cards, which implies there's another kind you COULD use?

Would be incredible if you could buy a bunch of $5 GS gift cards, which in turn could be combined in one more expensive purchase.

Here is the fine print since someone will want to read it I'm sure.

*$5 Off Coupon: Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Valid in-store on a single pre-owned item only. Coupon not valid for items priced less than $5.00. Offer not valid on Point of Sale activation cards, or cash-like giftcards. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 6/30/17.

Huzzah.

My first Kongregate Thing as a CAG.

Now in my 20's I shall get revenge for all the PS2/Xbox/GCN games that store gave me like $0.50 for and resold at $50.00 in high school.

So....................................

If its pre owned items only,
1) why's it even mention gift cards at all?
2) Why does it bother labelling two types of cards?
3) why does it say "cash-like" gift cards, which implies there's another kind you COULD use?

Would be incredible if you could buy a bunch of $5 GS gift cards, which in turn could be combined in one more expensive purchase.
You're reading into it too much. They are just covering their bases with all the extra wording.

Damn, I wasn't paying attention to usual gamestop app spam and deleted the message without reading it.  Anyone to get the message back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back