GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
and now it's dead for both versions. was it not meant to be on sale? :?:
I would have bought this in heartbeat.
The Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition deal is back live now on Bestbuy, saw it as a Front page deal on Slickdeals and checked the app indeed it's back. $15.99 w/ GCU. Grab it while you can!

Edit: Trading for $14.30 PUR, so with bonus it ends up being $20.80, so it's like $6.50 flip minus taxes from BB purchase. Not the most lucrative return, but it's there. Unless you were able to lock it for the $22.50 base from yesterday's TIV.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Changes today:

:pS4: :XB1: Overwatch - New Price went from $39.99 to $59.99 but pre-owned stayed at $37.99 ($34.19) better get it today if you been looking to get it as it probably will go back up to $54.99 tomorrow for Wednesday weekly price changes

:XB1: Halo Wars 2 - Pre-Owned price went from $37.99 to $49.99

:XB1: Gears of War 4 - Pre-Owned price went from $24.99 to $29.99

Anyone here in Florida know if there are any counties/cities in Florida that don't require ID for trades? Or is the whole state on a robbin spree?

I have traded in Orange, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard, Seminole, Lake, Polk, Marion, Hillsborough, Manatee and Pasco counties within the last couple of years. All needed at least ID, if not also fingerprint, game photo and/or physical signature.

Can anyone redeem rewards certs on the app? All I see are GameStop Las Vegas expo certs and thinkgeek certs
reward certs also missing from the regular website. please come back!
reward certs are back on the powerup rewards website
I think they took them down momentarily to extend the expiration dates to 9/30. Most of the ones I have been redeeming lately expire 6/14.

Soooo I tried to buy a SW gift card and the system wouldn't let me. The manager let me try 3 times but no dice. He was cool about me trying it so I don't think he lied to me. He said to try a different store.

He mentioned that his store is a "LP" store under more careful watch but I'm not sure if they are able to block specific things at specific stores. Sounds too advanced for GameStop.
I haven't tried lately but about a month ago it worked just fine. I'd try again another store.

I have traded in Orange, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard, Seminole, Lake, Polk, Marion, Hillsborough, Manatee and Pasco counties within the last couple of years. All needed at least ID, if not also fingerprint, game photo and/or physical signature.
I see, I've hit up most of the same, besides Manatee and Pasco, don't even know where those are. Didn't even know we had a county named Manatee lol.

Also, southwest GCs are sold by amazon. I know some GCs can be purchased with amazon credit so maybe that's a work around?
Yeah the thing is that it's the SW sale right now and I want to book before it ends/fills up. The GCs are not digital so I decided to just transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards instead. Would like to see someone else confirm they're still working though.

Yeah the thing is that it's the SW sale right now and I want to book before it ends/fills up. The GCs are not digital so I decided to just transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards instead. Would like to see someone else confirm they're still working though.
I'll give it a shot on the way home I need to book a flight to Chicago.

Not that it helps today, but I bought a SouthWest GC with GS credit last week. 

Would be great if Amazon sold Beset Buy GC's. Really need to transfer some credit to BB. 

I see, I've hit up most of the same, besides Manatee and Pasco, don't even know where those are. Didn't even know we had a county named Manatee lol.

I've done trades in most counties along the west coast of FL and they all require ID. I'm pretty sure it's required in FL. Manatee County is Bradenton area.

I've done trades in most counties along the west coast of FL and they all require ID. I'm pretty sure it's required in FL. Manatee County is Bradenton area.
I see, I got a cuz that goes to the med school up there in Bradenton. I envy the guys who don't have to show IDs, they must go ham on the flipping without much worry since they can easily do multiple PUR accounts.

~~~Ramadan Mubarak (2017)~~~

The Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition deal is back live now on Bestbuy, saw it as a Front page deal on Slickdeals and checked the app indeed it's back. $15.99 w/ GCU. Grab it while you can!
Edit: Trading for $14.30 PUR, so with bonus it ends up being $20.80, so it's like $6.50 flip minus taxes from BB purchase. Not the most lucrative return, but it's there. Unless you were able to lock it for the $22.50 base from yesterday's TIV.
Sold out and can't even check online if my store has it

Your value is wrong. It's $13 base, so it's $19.50 after bonus. Not worth the time unless you plan to play it or wait to see if it gets a bump at the end of the month.

Your value is wrong. It's $13 base, so it's $19.50 after bonus. Not worth the time unless you plan to play it or wait to see if it gets a bump at the end of the month.
Oh sorry i didn't mean base then meant with PUR, which pretty much everyone here has (a lot of you have 5 years worth as well lol)

I see, I got a cuz that goes to the med school up there in Bradenton. I envy the guys who don't have to show IDs, they must go ham on the flipping without much worry since they can easily do multiple PUR accounts.

LECOM? I graduated from Nova last year.

Think ur gonna have to go to the Atlantic side lol....it works in places like Palm Beach...read:

In Florida, the ID rule varies by county. In Broward, I have to show ID, sign paperwork, and stamp the form with my thumbprint. In Palm Beach County, there is nothing like that. Just sign the card reader after all trades are completed.

For last gen games that really aren't worth anything anymore do you ever trade them in 1 at a time using the $5 boost coupon?

I remember ages ago when they did a deal of trade 3 games and get a $10 bonus credit regardless of trade value. Ended up with like $600 in credit at that time. Then pissed it away on a Gamecube and some games that I later got rid of to get some games for Wii after it came out. Regret ditching the Gamecube still.

Still wondering about that clusterf*** with the dude here who's account was hacked my Gs's incompetence and had his PuR certificates stolen.

Forget if he said they refunded the coupons points in addition to the free 5,000 for your troubles or just the "inconvenience " bonus. It's like they're trying to avoid bad press by catching the guy who did it.

Met my first JDB

Just went to a GS and tried to buy an Amazon GC, before I could swipe it the lady was like "NOOO!!! YOU CAN'T USE IT ON 3RD PARTY GIFT CARDS" with a look of shock and disbelief in her eyes like she couldn't  even fathom that I would ever THINK of doing such a thing. Never seen this asshat before, the guys I normally see don't care. Actually, one GS employee once suggested using my left over trade credit to buy an Amazon GC lol. These employees really should just stfu and let the POS determine what will work and what won't, you'd think if this was that big of a concern it would just deny the transaction. 

I'm just gonna have to slide the card through while covering it next time I get this person, or maybe print out a picture of a credit card and tape it over the trade card ha.

Still wondering about that clusterf*** with the dude here who's account was hacked my Gs's incompetence and had his PuR certificates stolen.

Forget if he said they refunded the coupons points in addition to the free 5,000 for your troubles or just the "inconvenience " bonus. It's like they're trying to avoid bad press by catching the guy who did it.
I am going out on a limb and would say they brute force your account token to get into it and they only target people they find with 50,000+ points available. I only seem to see stolen $50 coupons floating around on eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I got a DLC code for free Mega Man tracks from the Mega Man Legacy Collection that I'm not going to use. It apparently comes with 3 tracks from each of the six games. Once again, no lurkers.

lol you just have to keep it in your wallet until it is time to pay. Then you just swipe quickly even if they are saying something and just go oh sorry after.

If the computer system allows it with no override then the sales associate should allow it.

If corporate doesn't want the system to allow it then change the POS system program.

fuck man trying to sell my Pro locally sucks. I just want $250 at least for it and you've got a bunch a idiots offering like $150. If I had no standards I'd just trade it into Amazon for the $220 and call it a day.

PM'd.

Just a heads up those 10% off preowned with trade coupons are expiring in 5 days. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use mine on a good preowned Pro Day deal.
I know it's risky, but I've been using them on games that typically are good boomerangs during stealthbumps. It's not gonna be an amazing return, but getting soul silver and heart gold for $40.50 isn't bad. I've just been trading in shovelware that are $0.03 TIV

fuck man trying to sell my Pro locally sucks. I just want $250 at least for it and you've got a bunch a idiots offering like $150. If I had no standards I'd just trade it into Amazon for the $220 and call it a day.
You using offerup? I feel like people on there worse than Craigslist sometimes. Well also because I got robbed using it...on my first sale lol

They ended up refunding all my points, but I never did find out what happened to the guy in Atlanta who did it

can't wait for all the amazon cash stories starting tomorrow.

wonder who will be the first brave soul from here
Do you guys think we could use whatever we have on the trade credit card itself? Or would have to be from here on out on trades/cash etc? Would be nice to just bypass the Amazon GC itself if so, seems like a waste of the rather nice slate gray/blue colored cards when I get em like that.

On a side note, I have a friends trade credit card, could I use that using my PUR? Or will that flag my account more/or his account (I already have a trade ban on my account)?

Do you guys think we could use whatever we have on the trade credit card itself? Or would have to be from here on out on trades/cash etc? Would be nice to just bypass the Amazon GC itself if so, seems like a waste of the rather nice slate gray/blue colored cards when I get em like that.

On a side note, I have a friends trade credit card, could I use that using my PUR? Or will that flag my account more/or his account (I already have a trade ban on my account)?
Trade cards are not linked to PUR accounts

whatever you have on your current trade cards should work. they are just another form of payment like debit cards or cash. Amazon Cash is just a reload, so any payment should work, just depends if you get an anal employee who won't let you use trade credit.

whatever you have on your current trade cards should work. they are just another form of payment like debit cards or cash. Amazon Cash is just a reload, so any payment should work, just depends if you get an anal employee who won't let you use trade credit.
I see, by the way in case anyone wants to save it to their android/ios phone and just click on the app to go directly to your barcode do this:

1. Go here on a desktop browser or you're phone https://www.amazon.com/gc/corp/bnm/view-barcode

2. Get the barcode texted to you

3. Click on the link underneath the barcode that says "To save your bardcode to your homescreen, view your barcode in the Amazon Shopping App." (Make sure you have the Amazon app installed and signed in)

4. Amazon app opens, click on "Add to Home screen." underneath your barcode.

Voila, icon should appear saying Amazon Cash on your homescreen / app drawer, pressing on it takes you directly to the barcode. Its rather nice looking, excited to try this tomorrow :)

Trade cards are not linked to PUR accounts
I think it is coz didn't someone say earlier when the associate pulled up their acct on the tablet in store, their trade credit balances that's not on their PUR acct came up? Plus that emailed link that retrieves ur "missing credit" displays trade cards that's linked to ur PUR acct too.

That's a relief, thanks. I'll be trying the Amazon Cash tomorrow first thing in the morning after dropping of my cuz to jail.
U can be our guinea pig lol :whee:

I think it is coz didn't someone say earlier when the associate pulled up their acct on the tablet in store, their trade credit balances that's not on their PUR acct came up? Plus that emailed link that retrieves ur "missing credit" displays trade cards that's linked to ur PUR acct too.

U can be our guinea pig lol :whee:
Yea I saw that post too that's why I asked, I don't want to end up further making my account that's trade banned get flagged, as well as my friends account that's normal. Any one can clarify this further?

And I'll report back on success/failure of the AZ Cash lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back