GameStop - Turtle Beach PX5 Wireless 7.1 programmable headset (PS3, PS4, 360, X1, PC) $62.97 in store (was 249.99)

These are great just need to make sure you have optical cables for your systems & always have AA batteries on hand.

For PS4 you will have to buy a chat cable from the TB website. You also use it on XBox mode for PS4 which is funny in an immature way.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I have this headset and it works well, but my only gripe is that it easily gets interference from wifi routers. So if your router is next to your entertainment center you'll get the occasional crackle or static sound. I've found moving the headset receiver as far away as possible helps. But I love that I can pair my smartphone with the headset and answer phone calls while I'm gaming.

Anyone know if I can order these and then return them in store if need be? They are charging a large amount of tax (higher than UT state tax I think) and handling. If I can price match these at a local Best Buy I would rather do that.

damn just bought the px4's from best buy. Like the headset but this seems like a much better deal. 

But I purchased the px4's with best buy credit, would be nice if I had gamestop credit

damn just bought the px4's from best buy. Like the headset but this seems like a much better deal. 

But I purchased the px4's with best buy credit, would be nice if I had gamestop credit

IMO, I'd take the PX4's that were on sale over these.  Although the price is good, I would prefer to charge the headset rather than replace batteries every so often.  This is still a nice deal.

IMO, I'd take the PX4's that were on sale over these. Although the price is good, I would prefer to charge the headset rather than replace batteries every so often. This is still a nice deal.
yea I think they are basically same headset but the px5 are programmable but I do like the stand/larger receiver. I always thought the small black ones looked cheap.

I had these at one point but decided they weren't worth the 230 but 65 or so is a deal.

FYI, I have this headset and it works well, but my only gripe is that it easily gets interference from wifi routers. So if your router is next to your entertainment center you'll get the occasional crackle or static sound. I've found moving the headset receiver as far away as possible helps. But I love that I can pair my smartphone with the headset and answer phone calls while I'm gaming.
I also agree that your router will cause static if it is too close to the base unit. If you have to have your wifi router close by, I'd suggest getting a higher bandwidth one.

I had these for a while a few years ago. I wear glasses while I play and I have to say these are a horrible match with glasses. They ended up hurting my ears so much within 10-20 minutes. I eventually stopped using them. I got the Astro A40 on that amazing Microsoft deal about two years ago. The Astros are so comfortable that they never bother me while I wear glasses.

comes to 71.29 with tax and shipping for me.

Any kind of coupon or free shipping code? and how are their returns for online orders? Can it be done in store?

how big a deal is not having dual band?
basically it depends on what type of wireless signals are present where you are using your turtle beaches. Some people can get interference or static from having too many 2.5 ghz signals present. Dual band will switch to 5ghz which isn't as common and eliminate the static.

It seems that the Xbox one has an optical output so it can be completely wireless for game audio as long as your willing to use the kinect mic. Proper chat will still need to connect to the controller but at least with the optical out all the signal processing is done by the receiver and headset rather than the controller.

Not being dual band makes it a total piece of crap if there's too much interference. Microwave's, wireless routers, etc make the headset pop in and out. I had one and it was horrid

ended up cancelling my order, was thinking ab out ebaying it but meh. I had these at one point in 2012, I didn't realize it was that long ago. It's a great headset and would've kept it if I didn't just get the px4's at BB.

And I just hate buying form gamestop so that made cancelling that much eaiser lol

basically it depends on what type of wireless signals are present where you are using your turtle beaches. Some people can get interference or static from having too many 2.5 ghz signals present. Dual band will switch to 5ghz which isn't as common and eliminate the static.
I wonder how a 5ghz would fair. My router is dual band and a couple frequently used tablets are connected to the 5ghz band.

Thanks!

Thinking about buying this headset. I've never used a gaming headset before. I have my 360, Xbox one, PS3 and 4 connected to a receiver through hdmi. To use the headphones, would I connect an optical cable to the receiver, or to the actual game system?

Thanks

Thinking about buying this headset. I've never used a gaming headset before. I have my 360, Xbox one, PS3 and 4 connected to a receiver through hdmi. To use the headphones, would I connect an optical cable to the receiver, or to the actual game system?

Thanks
either but would prob be best to do it to the receiver so you don't have to keep switching it (optical cable).

I'd jump on it, it is a great set, older model but alot of people have been disliking the newer turtle beaches lately.

i have these sitting on my shelf right now. probably spent around $250 on these when they first came out, as i wanted a headset that was truly wireless. amazing set when i used it for the ps3.

but these are way outdated by now, and not having dual band buries this thing back in to the stone age. loved this headset so much that i tried to squeeze as much life out of them once i upgraded to a decent router and picked up my day 1 ps4, but after battling the constant static pops, crackling, sound cutting out, reconfiguring wireless router frequencies, moving around the router and/or receiver to minimize noise distortion, having to purchase the adapter for DS4-->headset... i had to retire this old dog. brought back some nice memories to see it on sale though, didn't know retailers even carried these anymore.

good night, sweet px5rince.

I missed the sale best buy had on the px4 headset last week and then saw this post about the px5. A GameStop near me has them in stock for the price listed here. They also have the px4's for $140. Is the extra money worth it? I know I will need to buy another cable to attach the headset to the Xbox one controller with the px5.

Is there another wireless headset, around the same prices, that work with the Xbox one and ps4 that anyone would recommend.

Thanks!

I missed the sale best buy had on the px4 headset last week and then saw this post about the px5. A GameStop near me has them in stock for the price listed here. They also have the px4's for $140. Is the extra money worth it? I know I will need to buy another cable to attach the headset to the Xbox one controller with the px5.

Thanks!
I got the px4's for 50 and they're great, 140 idk a little steep for me.

the px5's and px4's seem to have a very similar build with each having a few features the other doesn't. px4's are newer and are dual band while the px5's are programmable (not a huge thing but maybe if your an audiophile) and only have 2.4 ghz. If you have alot of devices that run 2.4 ghz you can get interference or popping. Would be nice if you could buy the px5's and check them out for awhile but gamestop's returns are horrible.

For the price I'd go px5's but if the price difference is worth the security of knowing your gonna get a clear signal you should go px4'. The px4's also come with a talk back cable for the ps4 and the xbox 360. (pretty sure the 360 one work on xbone with the adapter/new controller but haven't tried)

And in terms of overall sound quality, it was a long time ago that I had the px5's but I'm pretty sure they are about the same.

edit:

and if you do decide to go px4 go buy it at best buy/walmart. This way if you don't think they are worth it you can always return it, def can't do that at GS.

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't mind paying a bit more for quality. Too bad best buy doesn't have either headset in stock near me, since I have gift cards and points.

I ended up getting the ps4 gold wireless headset. It also works on the Xbox one and pc. Was on sale for $79. It sounds great? I wanted to get the px4, but this should be good enough for me.

I ended up getting the ps4 gold wireless headset. It also works on the Xbox one and pc. Was on sale for $79. It sounds great? I wanted to get the px4, but this should be good enough for me.
nice, I hear nothing but good things about the gold. I haven't herd them personally but I'd bet that's a better overall set than the px5's.

I really wanted wireless and for it to work on both consoles. These are completely wireless on the ps4 and they connect to the Xbox one adapter. I've only used them for an hour or so, and they sound great and are very easy to setup.

Thanks for all of your help!

I really wanted wireless and for it to work on both consoles. These are completely wireless on the ps4 and they connect to the Xbox one adapter. I've only used them for an hour or so, and they sound great and are very easy to setup.

Thanks for all of your help!
nice and yea the px4's aren't completely wireless, need a talk back cable so that's a plus. And my cousin just purchased a $300 set of turtle beaches, the 800's and I think thats the only fully wireless headset that turtle beach offers on ps4. So yea if fully wireless on ps4 was a main concern you scored on that one!

bread's done
Back