Gamestop Ultimate Skylanders Festival

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
On Saturday, June 22nd 2013 Gamestop is holding a huge sale on Skylanders Figures and every purchase will enter you into a contest to win one of 40 character prize packs.

This is a flash sale is from Open to 2pm for your local time.

Deals

All Skylanders Giants Starters packs $39.99

Skylanders Giants Battle Packs $9.99

Limited supply of the GameStop Exclusive Polar Whirlwind and Scarlet Ninjini* Figures.

Reserve the new Skylanders Swap Force and receive the never-before-released Lightcore Hex.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/UltimateSkylandersFestival/default.aspx?cid=eml_10000929

For those curious as to what the prize pack includes,

• 2 Skylanders Lightcore Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Core Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Giant Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Reposed Characters
  • Skylanders Carrying Case
  • Skylanders Giants Starter Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
If your store is sold out of Polar Whirlwind, have them order it online for you to get free shipping. The downside (besides waiting) is that if you're using credit, the tax is still charged.

There were over 3k in stock about an hour or so ago, according to the store I was in. I was also able to get two on one order.
If you want to avoid paying taxes with trade-in credit(valid in certain states), pay in cash or credit, and return/rebuy with your trade-in credit when the package arrives.

Unless if they changed it since they announced the figure, it's still only $5 since its just everything required to play the game.

Also I believe you don't get the figure til you pick up the actual game, so unless the could pay for 20 when they come out I don't believe they'd do that.
Yeah, I didn't know at the time that you got it at pick up since I hadn't seen that fine print.

If your sidekicks didn't ring up for free it's because it was before the system had switched over to the sale.  picked up Polar Whirlwind and a sidekick 2 min before opening (the clerk was dumb) he argued and my wife was smart enough to realize the pos hadn't switched over.  Tried it after 10am and they showed for free with the Polar purchase.  She went back and picked up a few more to finish the sidekicks without issue.  No Scarlets at the store we went to :(

The 1st Gamestop I went to had the Polar Whirlwind and both battle packs. I took 3 games to trade (to get the extra $10 for trade ins), but one had shrinkwrap on it (an extra Rock Band 3 that came with a guitar I bought). The guy said that I couldn't trade it, even if I went outside and removed the shrinkwrap. I didn't want to take a chance of a 2nd Gamestop not having what I wanted, so I didn't get the $10 bonus :wall:.

2nd Gamestop had a regular Ninjini, so I go that. No battle packs there, so a good thing I grabbed them at the first place.

If you didn't get a sidekick you probably should have raised hell. I know I did when I was refused one. Super happy I got the last one I needed, too.

So my store only had 3 Polar Whirlwind and no Ninjini of any kind.  Also only the Chop Chop / Dragonfire Cannon / Shroomboom battle pack.  Sucks because my daughter really wants Ninjini.  Can't help but think the employees grabbed em and didnt put em out.  At least I got 1 Polar WW and the battle pack I saw.

Went to a second store and still no Ninjini!  I wanted one to use and not resell.  It's so frustrating.

So my store only had 3 Polar Whirlwind and no Ninjini of any kind. Also only the Chop Chop / Dragonfire Cannon / Shroomboom battle pack. Sucks because my daughter really wants Ninjini. Can't help but think the employees grabbed em and didnt put em out. At least I got 1 Polar WW and the battle pack I saw.

Went to a second store and still no Ninjini! I wanted one to use and not resell. It's so frustrating.
i wouldn't blame the employees necessarily. I was at three stores today (two to grab Skylanders and a third because I forgot to buy Amazon cards at the first two) and the first one, the one I was at when they opened, only had four and the other two, where I was at 10:30 and 11:00 respectively, both said the Ninjini were the first to go.

Well, I was actually in line before they even opened.  Meant to specify that.  They could have legitimitely not received any.  The guy was just clueless too.  Never gave any posters (not that the poster was good) or sidekicks.  Something was just fishy.  That's all.

Just wanted to thank you for posting this. My youngest daughter had a blast this morning pickng up her Ninjini finally & get all the little knici onacks also. Never realized how psycho parents are over these stupid toys though. You would have thought it was black Friday the way people were acting... Almost had to put someone down... lol Thanks again and have a great night everyone!!!

This entire promotion was a huge mess. Another forum talks about the ridiculousness of it. It had nothing to do with getting there before the POS switched over. And the stores did get shorted. I was at my local store a couple minutes after 10. They hasn't opened yet and there was a line. The store only got one case of Polar Whirlwinds (which should have been 12 in a pack, so for stores that got less, they probably put them out early, as some stores did, and that was what they had left). They only got one case of giants (which means 2 Ninjinis). He refused to give me a sidekick unless I spent $25 (which was what the original promo was). I went to another store and they let me use my receipt to do an exchange and get a sidekick. Another store said you had to buy a giant. She actually rang it up and showed me the $999.99 price ( which is how they keep stores from just selling the sidekick by itself). She then rang it up with a giant and it automatically changed the $999.99 price to $0.00. I went to another store and he let me get a sidekick by just buying a battle pack. It rang up $999.99, but he hit a couple of buttons and it went away.

According to another forum (maybe also mentioned here), they sent out a memo before they opened that the promotion changed to an actual giant purchase only and that they meant to mention just Ninjini instead of Scarlet. The changing of the promotion, a lousy poster for a promo, and lack of inventory has really put a damper on feelings towards GameStop from Skylanders fans.
BTW, I wouldn't worry about Ninjini. I saw a bunch at Walmart, the other day. I give it a month, at the most, and they'll probably be everywhere. I even found 4 just sitting at one of the GameStops I went to after noon.

ya.. what a surprise, a gs promotion was a complete fuck up. like most of you, my store got like 5 or 6 polar whirlwinds. so only a couple people at the very front got it. luckily i ordered one last night online so hopefully it arrives for the little one alright

only a couple kids in the store when I got there, picked up a polar whirlwind with no problems. sidekick did ring up at $1000 but the cashier fixed it.

Got there at 10 a.m. Small crowd waiting. Zero sidekcicks at my store. Zip. Nada. And that was the lamest "poster" I've ever seen. Pretty sad promotion. Picked up one Polar Whrilwind, so the day wasn't a complete loss.

This entire promotion was a huge mess. Another forum talks about the ridiculousness of it. It had nothing to do with getting there before the POS switched over. And the stores did get shorted. I was at my local store a couple minutes after 10. They hasn't opened yet and there was a line. The store only got one case of Polar Whirlwinds (which should have been 12 in a pack, so for stores that got less, they probably put them out early, as some stores did, and that was what they had left). They only got one case of giants (which means 2 Ninjinis). He refused to give me a sidekick unless I spent $25 (which was what the original promo was). I went to another store and they let me use my receipt to do an exchange and get a sidekick. Another store said you had to buy a giant. She actually rang it up and showed me the $999.99 price ( which is how they keep stores from just selling the sidekick by itself). She then rang it up with a giant and it automatically changed the $999.99 price to $0.00. I went to another store and he let me get a sidekick by just buying a battle pack. It rang up $999.99, but he hit a couple of buttons and it went away.
According to another forum (maybe also mentioned here), they sent out a memo before they opened that the promotion changed to an actual giant purchase only and that they meant to mention just Ninjini instead of Scarlet. The changing of the promotion, a lousy poster for a promo, and lack of inventory has really put a damper on feelings towards GameStop from Skylanders fans.BTW, I wouldn't worry about Ninjini. I saw a bunch at Walmart, the other day. I give it a month, at the most, and they'll probably be everywhere. I even found 4 just sitting at one of the GameStops I went to after noon.

I just wanted to offer a little insight as to how these were shipped to stores....I see a lot of people saying they feel their stores either put them out early or held some back etc. as the person who checked in the shipment for this promotion at my store, I can tell you that the polar whirlwind figures were not shipped in cases. We got a large shipping box from the distribution center. Inside that box was one box for giants. This was a solid case of (6) ninjinis, plus 6 loose polar whirlwinds, as well as the poster pack. With the 6 whirlwind figures just loose in the large shipping box, the cards got pretty banged up, even with the air pillow things they use to fill the empty spaces. Granted we are a smaller store, but talking with the manager from the next closest store, he got approx the same amount , shipped in the same manner.

I figured a majority of people already had the sidekicks from the fritos promotions, but I guess they didn't.
Those ran out super fast apparently.
I don't see how. I sent my cards in over a month after the promotion started and got all 4.
There are quite a few people who have reported sending the promo in even earlier and ending up with an incomplete set due to getting duplicates. I sent mine in awhile after and luckily got one of each.

I just wanted to offer a little insight as to how these were shipped to stores....I see a lot of people saying they feel their stores either put them out early or held some back etc. as the person who checked in the shipment for this promotion at my store, I can tell you that the polar whirlwind figures were not shipped in cases. We got a large shipping box from the distribution center. Inside that box was one box for giants. This was a solid case of (6) ninjinis, plus 6 loose polar whirlwinds, as well as the poster pack. With the 6 whirlwind figures just loose in the large shipping box, the cards got pretty banged up, even with the air pillow things they use to fill the empty spaces. Granted we are a smaller store, but talking with the manager from the next closest store, he got approx the same amount , shipped in the same manner.
The card in our polar whirlwind was pretty banged up. Kind of surprising that they would ship something that is very collectible in such a "yeah, whatever" kind of way. My son doesn't really care much about the cards - but I could see it being a deal-breaker for a serious collector.

bread's done
Back