Gamestop "Universal DVD Remote" Codes?

CoolHungryWolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I bought a used "universal DVD Remote" form gamestop for three bucks, but it came with no instructions or anything. Does anyone know where to get the codes for it? If it helps, it's purple and also works for the PS2.

[quote name='CoolHungryWolf']I bought a used "universal DVD Remote" form gamestop for three bucks, but it came with no instructions or anything. Does anyone know where to get the codes for it? If it helps, it's purple and also works for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

You're SOL unless you can find the manufactures website. That might have the codes that you need. But from the sound of it I would not keep it. For it to work with the PS2 you need the IR receiver that plugs into the PS2 without that it won't work on the PS2. BTW you can get universal remotes for brand new for $5.

Well, it came with the receiver, so I'm not worried about that. For $3 dollars, I figured it wouldn;t hurt to try, and i could always return it. Google hasn;t been much help, so I'm pretty muvh hoping another CAG would have this kind of info.

I never use codes for my universal remote. I just let it find itself by pressing code search, the hardware your applicating it towards, and press power until said application turns off, then mute. This works with every universal I've ever had.

[quote name='CoolHungryWolf']It only says "Universal DVD Remote" on the front, and below it it says GameStop. I looked all over the control but saw nothing.[/quote]

If it says GameStop, it is made by MadCatz or Pelican.

Its probably just a rebranded one made by another manufacturer, check out Google, there are sites out there that keep track of universal remote codes. Sometimes they have pictures, find the one that looks like yours and your golden.

bread's done
Back