GameStop - Upgrade your PS5 to PS5 Slim + Spider-Man 2 for $15 + Tax for Power Up Pro Members

mAdMaLuDaWg

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just did this at my local GameStop - traded in my PS5 for $385 + $25 (for Power up members) = $410 in store credit. I then promptly placed an in store pick up order for the Spider-Man 2 PS5 slim bundle for $450 - $25 (for pick up orders) = $425 + tax

So my goal cost for the upgrade was $15 + $30 in tax = $45. I didn’t have Spider-Man 2 so essentially it cost me the game to refresh my console.

For those that don’t have a power up membership - it costs $25 but try this code to get $5 off - EBC3071301-335KJ3XL

On the website it says the $25 is online for in store pick up and also in store purchases are included (and maybe you'd avoid the tax as trade credit does in store and not online last time I tried).

I didn't see information about the extra $25 for the trade in though.

Might be trying later.

Edit: oops, now I see the $25 extra for trade-in

Last edited:
On the website it says the $25 is online for in store pick up and also in store purchases are included (and maybe you'd avoid the tax as trade credit does in store and not online last time I tried).

I didn't see information about the extra $25 for the trade in though.

Might be trying later.
Not sure about the tax stuff, but I would suggest at least doing the console purchase in a different transaction from the trade as they for whatever reason don't give PUR points on purchases in the same transaction as a trade in, but you will get them if you use trade credit from your trade card.

Seems like a downgrade TBH; losing the capability of disc drive and paying $15 for a game most people who want it, have it.

The $25 came off in store automatically and yes tax was charged on the trade credit.
(they used to not charge tax when using Trade credit here a while ago.)

Disc drive is included
Spiderman 2 is a code

Edit: also, I didn't know if this was common knowledge but it makes you connect to the Internet to register the disc drive, even on the disc drive version. I thought it was just if you get the add on, but I guess it's essentially the same it's just physically preinstalled.

Last edited:
I had decided to do this today and went to copy my save game files to a usb, but it said it would take hours! No thanks

I had decided to do this today and went to copy my save game files to a usb, but it said it would take hours! No thanks
Use backup and restore. Uncheck game storage and media gallery. If only transferring saves, it won't take that long unless you're using a miserably slow USB device. I included screenshots and it took 20min on a budget USB 3.0 flash drive.

Use backup and restore. Uncheck game storage and media gallery. If only transferring saves, it won't take that long unless you're using a miserably slow USB device. I included screenshots and it took 20min on a budget USB 3.0 flash drive.
Be easier to sub for cloud saves but of course waste $ just for that

I got denied in store because I couldn’t find my ps5 stand.
I honestly haven’t even seen it since I got the system.
Hopefully the deal stays until tomorrow.
I’ve got a replacement stand coming today from Amazon 🤞

The last time I traded in a console (think it was the PS4) to Gamestop they charged a fee to "wipe" the console...it was an insane charge ($80)

Does Gamestop not charge this anymore?

(I obviously did not trade the console in)

I got denied in store because I couldn’t find my ps5 stand.
I honestly haven’t even seen it since I got the system.
Hopefully the deal stays until tomorrow.
I’ve got a replacement stand coming today from Amazon 🤞
Not only do you need the stand but you need the controller, power cable, usb cable and hdmi

The last time I traded in a console (think it was the PS4) to Gamestop they charged a fee to "wipe" the console...it was an insane charge ($80)

Does Gamestop not charge this anymore?

(I obviously did not trade the console in)
It sounds like they were just trying to charge a refurb fee to your system to help their numbers. They shouldn't be charging to factory wipe it. Now if it was something because the system was dirty then, yes I could see that. I used to charge refurb fees if a system traded in looked like it would take forever to clean for sale.

I would have to pay the tax from the $425 system price if I did this upgrade so about a $50 upgrade to a slim edition of I trade in my day 1 system. 🤔

I noticed the new DualShock controller has really mushy "start/select" buttons or whatever those pill-shaped buttons are, compared to my OG Fat PS5.

This was a solid deal even if a Pro releases this year. Sold the Spider-Man 2 code to a fellow CAG and upgraded for $10 to a new controller, warranty, etc.

I did this last week with my launch console PS5s and got something like $410 for my PS5, bought a slim at $425 (%$5 off sale) and essentially paid $15 + tax for a band new system, controller, warranty and spider-man 2 lOL. I bet I earned enough pro member points to make it. wash. Totally worth it

bread's done
Back