Gamestop used game return policy Q / RE Essentials

Foxhack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
I bought a couple of used games a few days ago, but realized that I really don't like them. Feel free to mock me. Anyway. I want to return these games and use the store credit to buy something else, which is fine according to their seven day return policy.

But do I have to return the games to the -same store- where I bought the games?

There's three GameStop stores in my area. The one nearest to me is where I bought the games, but the people there are dicks and rarely treat me well. There's another store which is awesome, and I want to buy my new game there (that three-game Resident Evil pack.)

Can I bring both used games to that other store and return them there, or do I have to take them to the other, lousy store to get my credit instead? The cool store is pretty far from where I live (I take the bus, ugh) and having to wait for the crappy store to open is a pain because I rarely have enough time to do things in the morning.

(Note, I checked their return policy but it doesn't mention this particular scenario.)

Also, is there any way to get a lower price on that RE: Essentials package at Gamestop? I have that 10% off email coupon, but the Edge card won't work on new items, and I'm cheap as hell. ;)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Pretty much sounds like every GS I've ever been in, unfortunately.[/quote]

The gamestop I visit they are pretty cool. There is also a location near by that everyone goes to because its in the mall. But I like the low profile one in a smaller building.

There are like 4 guys that work there and 1 manager (usualy 2 people working at a time). As long as the manager isn't working with them they seem like a cool bunch of stoner gamers. But as soon as the manager is around they get uptight and try to offer everyone edge cards and Game Informers.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Pretty much sounds like every GS I've ever been in, unfortunately.[/quote]The one where I buy stuff is awesome. The manager is a bit younger than me (god I'm old) and he knows GameStop's policies are crap, so he ah, bends things a little. ;) He's the guy who gave me an extra discount when I bought a TON of clearance PS1 games from their store last year after I got my PS2.

Thanks for the help - looks like tomorrow's a roadtrip day!

I gotta question. I have an un-oppened wrapped copy of both COD4 and the Golden Compass for PS3 wrapped in its original plastic and everything. Problem is...I lost the reciept. Am I still alloud to trn it in to Gamestop and get my full money back? [100$ value] I dont see why not, even without the receipt because they can just put it back up for sale.

They won't take any items without receipts - if they did, they would get lots of people trying to trade in stolen merchandise and stuff.

If you paid with your credit card, you -might- be able to ask them to print you another receipt, but if you paid with cash, you're out of luck.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I bought a couple of used games a few days ago, but realized that I really don't like them. Feel free to mock me. Anyway. I want to return these games and use the store credit to buy something else, which is fine according to their seven day return policy.
[/quote]
How many times can you do this? I'll accept a pm'd response as well ;)

[quote name='seen']How many times can you do this? I'll accept a pm'd response as well ;)[/quote]

There's no set policy on this. However, GS asked for name, address, and birth date when you make a return/exchange, so you probably don't want to abuse it since they can track these things.

I recently returned 2 used game to my advantage..one was 49.00 and the other 39.00 the third was 29.99..It was the buy 2 get one free... I returned the most expensive item..and exchanged them for other 2 of 19.00 and 7.00 dollars..and kept the 29.99 free...the lady did not notice...and I reserved Metal Gear Solid 4 with the credit..so at the end.. I got metal gear costing me almost half the price...because I got the 30 dollar game for free...YMMV...you have to get your return with an unexperienced person..

[quote name='underliness']The gamestop I visit they are pretty cool. There is also a location near by that everyone goes to because its in the mall. But I like the low profile one in a smaller building.
[/quote]

Sounds identical to mine. The one in the mall sucks, but the one in a shopping centre which is much smaller has really nice people.

[quote name='ep2011']Sounds identical to mine. The one in the mall sucks, but the one in a shopping centre which is much smaller has really nice people.[/quote]And mine's the other way. The one in the city sucks, but the one in the mall is completely awesome. Even the rude clerks are cool.

(Granted, they like to curse a lot when talking... I don't mind, I curse like a sailor myself - but I'm sure a few of the parents who go there might be annoyed by their attitude.)

bread's done
Back