Gamestop - Used Gameboy Player $19.99

darkshadows6000

CAGiversary!
Saw on the gamestop website that the gameboy player (used) for the gamecube has dropped to $19.99. You need to click on the backordered games to display the item. Also, you'll have to pick it up at a local B&M that has it in stock since it is backordered.

thats an awesome price! ebay value went down alot i guess thats why theirs went down too.

edit: anyone ever tried playing warioware twisted on these things :)

Nintendo doesn't recommend you shake your GameCube around. :p Seems like GameStop suddenly got these in stock when they acquired Rhino Games.

And it will always remain backordered. That thing has been backordered on the site for over a year. But would you REALLY want to risk buying it over the site?

I've got about four that I grabbed at one point and have been meaning to trade or sell them, but never found the time to. Funny thing is that one came packed with a link cable and another came with a GBA/GCN cable.

The website shows that there are some in-stock in my city, including at the location I plan to go to tomorrow. *crosses fingers* Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='souljah420']let me get this straight - you order off the website, print something out, find a gameboy player in stock - and pay just 19.99 + tax?[/QUOTE]

No, you can order online and have it sent to you (assuming they're in stock), or you can find a location nearby you and go their to buy it (sometimes their inventory is off but with items they still take in its usually accurate (ignore ps1, n64 stuff).

No you can play WarioWare Twisted or Yoshi Topsy Turvy on a GB Player, unless you want to shake your GameCube around like a fool.

Little surprised they went down in price...I guess people are still trading them in, probably with all their GC & GBA stuff. EB/GS never lowers prices unless the item isn't selling or their nationwide inventory is just been on the rise.

freshzen;3188473 EB/GS never lowers prices unless the item isn't selling or their nationwide inventory is just been on the rise.[/quote said:
Then how come I picked up my Gamecube component cables for $4.99 + tax at my local EBGames? There couldn't have been many of those traded in because there was never many of them in the first place. As a matter of fact I've only seen one and I bought it right then and there. I can't believe that $4.99 was the price for those cables right from the start.

Not that there's anyone left out there who wanted a Gamecube but didn't get it, but this is an awesome time to get into the Gamecube. $20 for a Gameboy Player is excellent.

Wow. I just checked the instore availability, and most GS/EB in the tri-cities have at least 1-3. I was going to use all of the credit I get from the DS/PSP extra $10 in credit deal for Bioshock LE, but I might have to spring for this as well.

Picked one up today, 19.19 after edge card and tax! Awsome price considering how much they are going for online. There were two there, one is left, Gamestop at the "Glen".

This device is great, and a good reason to keep my GC.

[quote name='aoko']Picked one up today, 19.19 after edge card and tax! Awsome price considering how much they are going for online. [/QUOTE]

They don't really go for much more than that online any more. They've really come down in price in the last year or so.

[quote name='jeremy517']They don't really go for much more than that online any more. They've really come down in price in the last year or so.[/quote]

I saw a new one go for 97. Keep your eyes peeled!

I saw this the other day when I picked up my copy of Everblue 2 for PS2 from a local GS. This isn't a bad price, considering what it was going for on Ebay, but really unless you plan on using it ALOT, it's just another useless peripheral.

Not at all, if you think about it. Used GameCubes go for about $40, so with the Player, you get to play GameCube games and almost the entire GB/GBC/GBA library. Definately a cheaper alternative if you don't have a GBA SP or a Wii.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not at all, if you think about it. Used GameCubes go for about $40, so with the Player, you get to play GameCube games and almost the entire GB/GBC/GBA library. Definately a cheaper alternative if you don't have a GBA SP or a Wii.[/QUOTE]

wait hold up. u can also play GB and GBC games? are u sure?

[quote name='trunks982']wait hold up. u can also play GB and GBC games? are u sure?[/quote]Yes, the official Nintendo GBP is essentially a GBA slapped into a big black shell. Hardware performance wise it's virtually the same. The only real limitation is the motion sensing carts for obvious reasons.

The third party knock-offs tend to only play GBA games, and poorly at that.

[quote name='daroga']The third party knock-offs tend to only play GBA games, and poorly at that.[/quote]

That is true. This is the 3rd-party knock-off I have:

AGPpic.jpg

I got this thing about 2 years ago for $10 used before I got my official Nintendo one. It only played GBA games. However, I have also heard that the above product will also allow you to play GBA games on a Wii. Anyone know if this is true?

great deal, some local stores here have it. now i dont have to check ebay where it's goin for inflated prices. my gamecube is now my gameboy player, how ironic.

I saw a ton of these at both my local Gamestops (like 4 each). I never knew they were worth the $20.. But then again, I don't play much GB games. Thanks, I may pick one up just to have.

[quote name='trunks982']wait hold up. u can also play GB and GBC games? are u sure?[/QUOTE]
I've done it before, so...yes. :D

I paid $50 for what I believe was one of the last new ones in Metro Detroit last summer (I had spent a month looking for one beforehand with zero luck). It would've been nice if a $20 used one was an option then, but it's worth it either way. :)

[quote name='Krymner'] However, I have also heard that the above product will also allow you to play GBA games on a Wii. Anyone know if this is true?[/QUOTE]
It's true, although apparently it's a piece of crap.

i sold a few tht i picked up during b2g1, kept the best condition one for myself. the rest i sold for decent profit when they were a bit higher.

[quote name='mv5660']So, what are the best GB and GBA games for this player?[/QUOTE]

a few of my favs ... all GBA
CastleVania: Circle of the Moon
CastleVania: Aria of Sorrow
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ the Four Swords, The
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, The
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission

I think I'd get this, except I know that once I get a Wii, the Cube is going in the closet. I only have a composite connection for the Cube.

Question: Is Gamestop getting out of the Gamecube? The one near my house put them all in the "bin" with XBox.

I was in another one today and dealing with a guy who was having a hard time making the computer work and was in a hurry, so I didn't ask him - BUT, I looked around and didn't see a single GC game in there...

[quote name='Knoxximus']Is it possible to link up to 2 Gamecubes, each with it's own TV and GBP, to each other for multiplay?[/quote]

Yes I know you can do that.
What I want to do is use it as an extra GBA so I can play Crystal Chronicles with it, along with my classic GBA. I'm hopeing eventually that will do a b2g1 on GB/GBC/GBA games, I would go buy a bunch.

[quote name='Knoxximus']Is it possible to link up to 2 Gamecubes, each with it's own TV and GBP, to each other for multiplay?[/QUOTE]
Yep, the player has a GBA link port that functions just like an actual GBA.

[quote name='chosen1s']Question: Is Gamestop getting out of the Gamecube? The one near my house put them all in the "bin" with XBox.

I was in another one today and dealing with a guy who was having a hard time making the computer work and was in a hurry, so I didn't ask him - BUT, I looked around and didn't see a single GC game in there...[/QUOTE]
I very much doubt that. The Wii is backwards compatible and, from what I've seen here, there's been a huge run on GameCube games by everybody who missed them during the last generation. People want the games, and GameStop is one of the only places that still has them.

If they got out of selling GameCube games now, it'd be one of the dumbest decisions they've ever made.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I picked up one at GS yesterday. Kinda scuffed up (both the disc and the player), but it works! Good deal.[/QUOTE]
I picked one up yesterday. The player is in great shape, but the disc looks beat. I haven't been able to test it yet, so I hope it works.

[quote name='Damian']I picked one up yesterday. The player is in great shape, but the disc looks beat. I haven't been able to test it yet, so I hope it works.[/quote]

If you call Nintendo, they will send you a new disc free of charge. At least they did for me with no hassles whatsovever last week. Just tell them it's scuffed or you lost it. The rep said that they just want to get rid of the discs, as they don't have GB Players at all any more and don't support them.

My local GS in CT had 5 GB players this week- all $19.99 as well. Some sucker on my local Craigslist is still trying to sell one for $65.00. Good luck with that!:lol:

Damn, they're near impossible to find in my area. I think the employees are hoarding them.

Everytime I ask if they have it in stock, they act like I just committed murder in their store.

[quote name='xx2541']If you call Nintendo, they will send you a new disc free of charge. At least they did for me with no hassles whatsovever last week. Just tell them it's scuffed or you lost it. The rep said that they just want to get rid of the discs, as they don't have GB Players at all any more and don't support them.[/quote]
Thanks for the tip, but I tried calling and they just offered a replacement disc to me for the usual price of $15 + $5 shipping. I didn't press the issue, though, and didn't mention that someone else had gotten one free. I know I should have tried that, but I'm not good at that kind of thing. I did, however, pick up a GB Player + Disc at one of the local Gamestops, so I paid 99 cents more after tax than the disc alone, but I now have an extra GB Player (without disc). I tested the set I bought and it works great. The disc looks pretty good. The player has some minor scuffs on it. It was the last such set that that Gamestop had (aside from one stray player without disc.)

Wow, several stores near me have 4+ in stock. I may pick one up as a backup as my original one seems to be failing at times (picture going out, etc).

bread's done
Back