Gamestop Used Xbox 360 Core $280 Premium $300

Lexicon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Don't know if this is really a deal or not, but for those of you looking for 360s still. I was in my local gamestop and they had used boxed complete cores for $280 which kinda sucks for a deal, but the premiums were $299.95 also boxed and complete they had quite a few of each.

im pretty sure i asked about that and the premiums were more b/c they had wirelss controleer but no hard drive

[quote name='optimalprimer']Damn, I'm in Nevada. Oh well. Someday... someday...[/QUOTE]

Wait- you're hoping to someday live in Oklahoma?

[quote name='gwaki']im pretty sure i asked about that and the premiums were more b/c they had wirelss controleer but no hard drive[/QUOTE]

If thats the case then $300 for a used premium isnt a deal at all.

[quote name='Staind204']If thats the case then $300 for a used premium isnt a deal at all.[/QUOTE]

It's a RIPOFF...just like everything else that gs/eb buy or sell used.

[quote name='optimalprimer']Damn, I'm in Nevada. Oh well. Someday... someday...[/QUOTE]

I should have a couple for auction start of next week. Keep an eye on the auction board if you're interested.

Ill confirm, the used premiums come with no hard drive.

When a customer trades a used 360 premium in. The hard drive is purchased back as a seperate item and sent to refurbishing to make sure there isnt adult related material etc on it.

How can it even be considered a premium without a harddrive? Well, I guess the deal isn't terrible if you use it with the 10% off card (that would make cores $252 and premiums $270), but that's still pretty ridiculous when you have to buy the harddrive additionally. But if you can find them, the harddrives are only $80 used ($72 after card), so combine that with a buy-2-get-1-free promotion and you end up with a pretty decent deal.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']WHERE IN OKLAHOMA!!!!
lol but yeah where in oklahoma I'v been searching and the only place that has them is wally world[/quote]

theyre in wally world...

[quote name='CorporalJackson']WHERE IN OKLAHOMA!!!!
lol but yeah where in oklahoma I'v been searching and the only place that has them is wally world[/QUOTE]

In sand Springs just outside of Tulsa, plenty of them to go around out here.

[quote name='toper']It's a RIPOFF...just like everything else that gs/eb buy or sell used.[/QUOTE]

Yawn...

[quote name='Edge']How can it even be considered a premium without a harddrive? Well, I guess the deal isn't terrible if you use it with the 10% off card (that would make cores $252 and premiums $270), but that's still pretty ridiculous when you have to buy the harddrive additionally. But if you can find them, the harddrives are only $80 used ($72 after card), so combine that with a buy-2-get-1-free promotion and you end up with a pretty decent deal.[/quote]

This is incorrect.

The GameInformer Card and Edge cards only work on Used Games, DVDs, and Accessories.. They do not work on Used Systems.

The hard drive would benefit from the card if you can find one used.

The reason why its considered premium is because you are getting a wireless controller and the AV/Component cables with the system as opposed to regular AV and wired controller.

[quote name='PezRadar']This is incorrect.

The GameInformer Card and Edge cards only work on Used Games, DVDs, and Accessories.. They do not work on Used Systems.

The hard drive would benefit from the card if you can find one used.

The reason why its considered premium is because you are getting a wireless controller and the AV/Component cables with the system as opposed to regular AV and wired controller.[/QUOTE]

Yup. HD =/= Premium.

But that deal is a ripoff anyways. There are much better deals out there if you know where to find them.

Would you be able to send these systems into MS if something were to happen? Or are you screwed with whatever the EB/GS return policy is? Not really worth the risk if that's the case.

[quote name='DuckM4n']and apparently the trade in value for them is $80 what a complete ripoff![/QUOTE]

Not possible.

kind of like when they take Guitar Heros, they separate the game and the controller, then the douche bags at eb and game stop immediately by the controllers for themselves.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Not possible.[/quote]

I wouldn't put it past them. What boggles my mind is why people actually trade in their stuff for such insanely low prices.

[quote name='DuckM4n']and apparently the trade in value for them is $80 what a complete ripoff![/QUOTE]

They give $80 for an original XBOX when trading towards a 360. I think you read something wrong.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I wouldn't put it past them. What boggles my mind is why people actually trade in their stuff for such insanely low prices.[/QUOTE]

There's bad deals and then there's deals that are so bad that they aren't even possible. Like PenguinMaster mentioned, they're giving $80 for an original xbox when traded toward a 360. There's no way an original xbox and a 360 would have the same tradein value. I can't imagine that the tradein value of the 360 is over $200 but at the same time, I doubt its anything less than about $150.

When a customer trades a used 360 premium in. The hard drive is purchased back as a seperate item and sent to refurbishing to make sure there isnt adult related material etc on it.
Hahahah...I don't know why, but that is really funny.

XBOX 360 Premium will drop $300 - $350 by the time Revolution or PS3 hit the street. Also, I heard alot alot problem on XBOX 360. Also, i have a co-worker he rarely play his XBOX 360 but its dead on him after 4 months.

[quote name='Masterkyo']XBOX 360 Premium will drop $300 - $350 by the time Revolution or PS3 hit the street. Also, I heard alot alot problem on XBOX 360. Also, i have a co-worker he rarely play his XBOX 360 but its dead on him after 4 months.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just wow...

[quote name='Scahom1']Yawn...[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you work there and I offended you...but it's true. :eek:

Anyways, when it comes to getting MARKET VALUE for my used games/systems (as well as buying used games with more than a $5 "discount"): THANK GOD for Ebay and Craigslist!

Regarding the trade in deal - it's all bundled from what I recall...

Like $70 (or $80) for xbox trade in towards:

Core + PDZ + silver xbox live account = ? they didnt know the price of the bundle.

you get 70/80 off trade in, but of what final price? for this bundle it could be $399 or something and then you're just might as well get a premium console at some other store....

Does anyone know the three bundle trade in prices?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There's bad deals and then there's deals that are so bad that they aren't even possible. Like PenguinMaster mentioned, they're giving $80 for an original xbox when traded toward a 360. There's no way an original xbox and a 360 would have the same tradein value. I can't imagine that the tradein value of the 360 is over $200 but at the same time, I doubt its anything less than about $150.[/quote]

Try 250 for wired controller version (Core) and 270 for wireless version (Pro). HDD is seperate, about 50 bucks trade-in on it.

It's all about supply and demand and demand is still high. Reminds me of the PS2 launch when the trade value for it was 270 and it sold used for 289, new it was 299.

They are available in Pittsburgh. At the Gamestop on McKnight Rd. & at the new one by the new Taget on Mt. Nebo Rd.

[quote name='Masterkyo']XBOX 360 Premium will drop $300 - $350 by the time Revolution or PS3 hit the street. Also, I heard alot alot problem on XBOX 360. Also, i have a co-worker he rarely play his XBOX 360 but its dead on him after 4 months.[/QUOTE]

so, you're saying the xbox 360 is going to be $50-$100?!
ok..............

it's sad how I continue to get the urge to get a 360 and the more people talk about it, the more I keep telling myself it's a complete waste of money. Now, it's easier to wait for something new since E3 is around the corner! :)

[quote name='Spoon_si']360 should be very easy to find now... expect holiday 06' to be hard to find agian.[/QUOTE]

Hardly. There are still signs up places that tell you to not even ask. And if they do have it, there are still places making you buy packages.

both wal mart and kmart around here get about 5 a week and there is usually always one premium in stock.. haven't bought it because i know it will drop in price and i'm silly not to wait until some cheap games hit.. i am a cheapass gamer not a drop 400 on a system and drop 60 a game gamer... if it does not have a hard drive don't even bother..

bread's done
Back