GameStop Video Game Wallets Pennied Out YMMV

Lazbum

CAG Veteran
I didn't see this on the forums but figured I'd post for those that were interested. Today GameStop pennied out all of their video game wallets. We had halo, gears of war, and call of duty wallets. You can try see if any of the GameStops in your area have any left.

Well, if it only would cost a couple of cents then I don't see why I wouldn't buy it. Surely I wouldn't use it in any social or serious locations or events but for a pennies on the dollar why the hell not?

[quote name='vulcan2422']dang, need to go check out my local gs now!

Edit: Ok wow, i just called a local game stop. I asked, do you guys have wallets? He said, yeah tons of them. We have gears of war and halo wallets. When asked how much he said, oh wait, i don't have any wallets at all.....now that is a freaking horrible person.[/quote]
never call!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dang, Need to go check out my local GS now!

EDIT: OK WOW, I just called a local game stop. I asked, do you guys have wallets? He said, Yeah tons of them. We have gears of war and halo wallets. When ASKED how much he said, oh wait, I don't have any wallets at all.....Now that is a freaking horrible Person.[/QUOTE]

chuckle :bouncy: what a moron ...

Haha, I feel bad for whoever is in the same area as him. Smart guy will probably get all the pennied stuff pulled. I'm sure his call to the DM will be very fruitful though.

[quote name='donut']chuckle :bouncy: what a moron ...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dang, Need to go check out my local GS now!

EDIT: OK WOW, I just called a local game stop. I asked, do you guys have wallets? He said, Yeah tons of them. We have gears of war and halo wallets. When ASKED how much he said, oh wait, I don't have any wallets at all.....Now that is a freaking horrible Person.[/QUOTE]

I talked to a buddy of mine who works for Gamestop tonight and he said a lot of employees were doing this with penny stuff. He said next time just give him a call first, but I just wanted to call the local one near the mall and see if they had any. Of course, I shouldn't have asked the price (stupid me). So recently I got a call from the district manager and he did say that was really not a good business practice and he will compensate me with a $25 gift card. So it did come to fruition when I called the district manager.

Oh and yes, I'm married as well and I like the look of the Gear of War wallet. So, I don't have anybody to impress when I pull it out....the wallet that is.

Edit: Thanks for the advice Chakan. I now know this lol. Instead of just the other people calling me a retard. Great way to keep the conversation up. I made one mistake by asking. Oh noes! The internets is over! Let's all join the flame wagon cause we's so cool!

no luck here one Gamestop didn't have any and the other one had them but were in a box and manager said they were supposed to send them back but would sell them at their normal price of $14.99 oh well

awesome !

I got a Halo, Gears, and a CoD wallet :D

the lady didnt even ring them up so I guess she knew they were a penny.

but the weird thing is I grabbed a mario hat and I guess she thought it pennied also because she said I was all good when I asked her to ring it up !

Went to Game Stop today and saw the wallets. Asked the guy about them and he said to take them all if i wanted because they were gona throw them out. I got 27 with 4 different designs. My son is good on birthday party presents for his friends this school year!!

Hit up one of my local GS ... all they had were about 8 or so of the Halo ones with dogtags and then one of the halo ones with the metal master chief head on it.......anyways

Grabbed 4 of them (the 1 oddball and then 3 of the others) ....went to checkout and dude freaked out and immediately ran to the back for a manager when he saw the penny price..... then manager had to call someone else.....

Manager grabbed em and acted like he wasnt gonna sell them ....but then agreed to let me have 2 of them but refused to sell the one that was different from the reset..... but then told me to just take the 2 cause he was doing me a favor (LMAO yeah ok) and giving me something for free and didnt wanna ring them up.

He just didnt wanna ring them up cause it would show he didnt pull them like they were supposed to.... this way they just disappear ....after leaving I remembered him from having a economics class with him last fall semester. Dude prolly recognized me and was still douchy.

Gave them to my daughter for her to give to 2 of her gamer friends at school... so they went to a good cause

I have a Nintendo wallet that I purchased at GS many moons ago, but it doesn't have a scratch or mark on it and its in the same condition as when I bought it. This wallet is so strong that I don't think I will ever have to replace it in my lifetime. If the wallets they have now are anything like that then I would go for it.

I unfortunately won't make it to a larger city until the 16th so doubt there will be any left by then.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I talked to a buddy of mine who works for Gamestop tonight and he said a lot of employees were doing this with penny stuff. He said next time just give him a call first, but I just wanted to call the local one near the mall and see if they had any. Of course, I shouldn't have asked the price (stupid me). So recently I got a call from the district manager and he did say that was really not a good business practice and he will compensate me with a $25 gift card. So it did come to fruition when I called the district manager.

Oh and yes, I'm married as well and I like the look of the Gear of War wallet. So, I don't have anybody to impress when I pull it out....the wallet that is.

Edit: Thanks for the advice Chakan. I now know this lol. Instead of just the other people calling me a retard. Great way to keep the conversation up. I made one mistake by asking. Oh noes! The internets is over! Let's all join the flame wagon cause we's so cool! [/QUOTE]

Really? You're a grown, married man, and you called the district manager because you were mad about not getting your wittle wallet? Christ, there are no mature adults this generation. And you know the district manager didn't give a shit about your actual complaint, right? They hear from whiny people like you all the time and give out gift cards to make you go away. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Just a little dispute, all cleared up now! :D

Has everybody collected them all? I sense these are going to be like the new Pokemon! Gotta Collect Em ALL!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I was pissed off because it's a shady business tactic to tell somebody they have a lot of the wallets, then the next thing you know he says there are none left in stock.

But yeah, I'm the grown man on a forum bitching about how there are no mature adults and making fun of people's posts, hi pot, I'm kettle, have we met?[/QUOTE]
It is against Gamestop policy to give products that have been pennied out to customers. It's not a strict policy, which is why most managers allow it. Perhaps they could have told you as much instead of saying they didn't have any, but that still makes you the whiny child nobody likes. To call following policy "shady business tactic" is ignorant of the facts.

[EDIT] Pointless argument with no positive outcome possible. We're cool now. Everything's fine. Daddy didn't hit mommy.

Unrelated, I have several of the wallets (Gears, Halo, and CoD) if anybody really wanted one and missed out.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']It is against Gamestop policy to give products that have been pennied out to customers. It's not a strict policy, which is why most managers allow it. Perhaps they could have told you as much instead of saying they didn't have any, but that still makes you the whiny child nobody likes. To call following policy "shady business tactic" is ignorant of the facts.

[EDIT] Pointless argument with no positive outcome possible. We're cool now. Everything's fine. Daddy didn't hit mommy.

Unrelated, I have several of the wallets (Gears, Halo, and CoD) if anybody really wanted one and missed out.[/QUOTE]I would love to have a Halo or Gears wallet :bouncy: None of the Gamestops around here had any.

Hm, well, if more people really want them, it's going to cost me a pretty penny to ship them out. I'm happy to give you guys these for free, but I don't want to take a loss on them, either.

Found them at my gamestop(owings mills maryland), got one of each 4 total. I didn't want to be greedy.

finally found one at the Galleria here in town. just got done putting down 3 pre-orders for MoH when I notice it..ask the guy to scan it and the look on his face was priceless. I thought for sure I would get it, but he got all fraked out saying it absolutley had to be destroyed. I reminded him about the 3 pre-orders I just dropped and gave him a look like he should just give it to me..he said it wasn't worth losing his job, but I think he just didn't know about it, and wanted it for himself.

I found a Halo one at my local GS. The associate didn't look at all phazed and said, "We must be clearing 'em out." I promised to give him great feedback on the survey receipt - and I did.

My nephew will be pleased - great g/c holder for him anyway.

Hit 3 GSes. One had nothing, the other two gave me one each. All three said that today was the last day, and that they were "disposing" of the rest.
For those in the SF Bay Area, Lakeshore was a bust, but Stonestown and Westlake were gold.

Thanks OP. Only went to one of two GS i go to and they had only 3 halo ones so got them and since my friend was with me i give him one so we now have matching wallets. :) I'll update if i get to go to the other one.

Went back to pick up a couple for some friends(store still had plenty) and when they rang up $.01 the guy marked them up to $1(should of took it) I asked why he marked them up when I only paid $.01 the other day. He then made a call to the manager and told me the employee that sold me the $.01 wallets is no longer with the company because its against store policy to sell $.01 items and they have to be destroyed.

[quote name='jerm78']Went back to pick up a couple for some friends(store still had plenty) and when they rang up $.01 the guy marked them up to $1(should of took it) I asked why he marked them up when I only paid $.01 the other day. He then made a call to the manager and told me the employee that sold me the $.01 wallets is no longer with the company because its against store policy to sell $.01 items and they have to be destroyed.[/QUOTE]

Yes. As I have said multiple times in this thread, it is against Gamestop store policy to give pennied-out product to customers.

[quote name='jerm78']Went back to pick up a couple for some friends(store still had plenty) and when they rang up $.01 the guy marked them up to $1(should of took it) I asked why he marked them up when I only paid $.01 the other day. He then made a call to the manager and told me the employee that sold me the $.01 wallets is no longer with the company because its against store policy to sell $.01 items and they have to be destroyed.[/QUOTE]

That's really sad to have a person lose their job.

bread's done
Back