Gamestop - Vita with $50 gift card

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!
For PUR members

psvgc_hero.jpg

Yet another Vita deal with a $50 gift card.

Further proof that GS sucks. Only for "PUR" members while all other retailers offer it for anybody. Of course I'm sure some people will be excited because they have credit.

Best Buy, Target, and WalMart seem like the better choice since you could use it on something besides video games.

Sorry to thread crap, I hate GS.

Then again for some state it is tax free with credit... Tempting.... i set aside $250 for vita fund but there really isn;t any game i truly want yet lol.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Then again for some state it is tax free with credit... Tempting.... i set aside $250 for vita fund but there really isn;t any game i truly want yet lol.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I bought one at launch with a $20 GC (Best Buy PM'd the Target pre-order deal). I have Uncharted but can't get into it, bought several of the downloadable games but they don't hold my attention, Gravity Rush & Resistance seem like a let down. Hopefully it's like the 3DS, just takes awhile to get some great stuff out.

Well, Ragnarok is coming out in august and it looks rather promising.

I got the money to spend but I honestly don't know if I wanna jump on it. I know Monster Hunter is creeping up on it and will definitely get one once localized and then you got Ragnarok now...Should I?

I have credit to burn so I considered this but then I looked at their website and they have the white AC Liberation bundle up for pre-order for $249.99.

Bought a Vita Saturday. Anyone know if I will have any luck returning/rebuying for the gift card? I know online states no returns on opened products, yes I have opened up the Vita.

No big deal if it isn't possible but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has ever had any luck doing so with Gamestop, I know other retailers are more lenient (amazon).

[quote name='sdcranford']Further proof that GS sucks. Only for "PUR" members while all other retailers offer it for anybody. Of course I'm sure some people will be excited because they have credit.

Best Buy, Target, and WalMart seem like the better choice since you could use it on something besides video games.

Sorry to thread crap, I hate GS.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't say you have to be pro though - I know you still have to join and not everyone wants to do that but I think the free membership works for this as well.

This is really tempting. I have $1000 saved at Gamestop that I was going to use on a Wii U splurge, but that system looks like garbage after E3. Been very on the fence about Vita but essentially $199 with no tax for a new system might be enough to put me over the top.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This is really tempting. I have $1000 saved at Gamestop that I was going to use on a Wii U splurge, but that system looks like garbage after E3. Been very on the fence about Vita but essentially $199 with no tax for a new system might be enough to put me over the top.[/QUOTE]If you think the Wii U is bad, you are terribly mistaken.

[quote name='SuperMario64']If you think the Wii U is bad, you are terribly mistaken.[/QUOTE]

If you don't think the Wii U is bad, you are terribly mistaken.

[quote name='gentlyporking']If you don't think the Wii U is bad, you are terribly mistaken.[/QUOTE]
Get out of my thread fanboy

[quote name='SuperMario64']If you think the Wii U is bad, you are terribly mistaken.[/QUOTE]

And you think the Wii U is good because....? So far most of the games being shown are either the usual suspects super mario 200 or remakes of games I already owned. If you only own a Wii most of the games will be new, but if you own a ps3 or 360 they aren't. I mean they have not announce a single brand worthwhile game for the Wii U, a game that makes someone who isn't a nintendo fan go oh snap i gotta have it.

but I suspect given your username, that you will disagree with me.

P.S Can i buy some of the stuff you are smoking?

[quote name='silver001']And you think the Wii U is good because....? So far most of the games being shown are either the usual suspects super mario 200 or remakes of games I already owned. If you only own a Wii most of the games will be new, but if you own a ps3 or 360 they aren't. I mean they have not announce a single brand worthwhile game for the Wii U, a game that makes someone who isn't a nintendo fan go oh snap i gotta have it.

but I suspect given your username, that you will disagree with me.

P.S Can i buy some of the stuff you are smoking?[/QUOTE]
Um Hello? I don't recall console launches being particularly great but this is probably the best launch of titles in awhile. I've got all systems so you can't say nothing.

[quote name='gentlyporking']If it says nintendo, i'm buying it no matter if its console is still playing catch-up to the current generation!!![/QUOTE]
Because MS and Sony are true innovation, right?

No, but unlike being loyal to a brand (Nintendo), I'm a fan of games. And since the end of Gamecube, Nintendo has done nothing to interest me (sick of playing the rehash of 2D Mario, mediocre entries into the Zelda franchise).

And they have a chance to get my attention again and what do they show? A couple of rehashes and AAA games I played last year...

But I know that I'm no longer Nintendo's target demographic. It goes after the families and casual gamers. Which it should because it is making boatloads in those groups.

[quote name='gentlyporking']No, but unlike being loyal to a brand (Nintendo), I'm a fan of games. And since the end of Gamecube, Nintendo has done nothing to interest me (sick of playing the rehash of 2D Mario, mediocre entries into the Zelda franchise).

And they have a chance to get my attention again and what do they show? A couple of rehashes and AAA games I played last year...

But I know that I'm no longer Nintendo's target demographic. It goes after the families and casual gamers. Which it should because it is making boatloads in those groups.[/QUOTE]
So, I'm a fan of games as well. You clearly have ignored the amazing games on Wii and saying Mario and Zelda are the same games every time cracks me up hard.

As far as I know, Wii U only has one or two old games from last year. It's pretty funny how you say Nintendo goes after casuals but just what is Sony and especially MS doing?

Why does an argument against Nintendo mean it's an argument for Sony or Microsoft? I'm not a console fanboy and do not view video games in this manner.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Why does an argument against Nintendo mean it's an argument for Sony or Microsoft? I'm not a console fanboy and do not view video games in this manner.[/QUOTE]
Then you should of never entered into this conversation to begin with.

Keep things to discussing the deal, if you guys want to yell at each other about things you can't even buy, then post something in another forum or take it to PMs.

Couldn't find any info on the deal online, does this apply to used systems? That'd be a pretty good deal.

bread's done
Back