GameStop Weekly ad 05-23-12

Borellius

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/052312/pdf/olfsi_052312.pdf

Save $50 on DSi now $99.99
Save $40 on DSi XL now$ 129.99

Get 50% discount when you purchase select PRE-OWNED PS Move accessories.

$49.99 ea -
Ridge Racer Unbounded PS3/Xbox

$39.99 ea-
Soul Caliber V PS3/Xbox
Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi PS3/Xbox
Mortal Kombat PS3/Xbox

$29.99 ea-
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3 PS3/Xbox

$19.99 ea -
Devil Survivor 2

Free artbook with purchase of Atelier Meruru.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SporkWielder']Devil Survivor 2 for $20 is tempting me. If Amazon had that deal, I'd be all over it.[/QUOTE]
This.

I will probably get Mass Effect 3. Getting it now I probably won't finish until later in the summer so I should be able to time it right for the DLC.

I'm tempted to see if they drop the used price to, but doesn't ME3 have a online pass? So even if somehow the used is $24.99 I should probably go for the $29.99 right?

Either way I have a copy of Black Ops that I need to trade in (well I need to buff out the ring my brother put in it) so it'll take a chunk out of it.

Clarification: Pre-owned Move accessories are 50% off, not new ones. Some stores don't have great selections for pre-owned Move stuff.

I'm debating about getting Devil Survivor 2 or not in the hopes that Atlus releases a 3DS port eventually. Wonder if it'll dip the USED price down to $17.99 too.

Wow, great deals
smile.gif

[quote name='LouieT']Clarification: Pre-owned Move accessories are 50% off, not new ones. Some stores don't have great selections for pre-owned Move stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that too!

Anyway, how much does a used Sharpshooter cost? I know a new one at Gamestop costs about $40. I'm guessing about $35, right?

Thinking about a second Sharpshooter or an alternative Sharpshooter accessory for friends whenever we play shooters like The Shoot or Time Crisis Razing Storm.

I'll wait for a deal like get a free game with purchase of a DSi XL.

The FSI isn't clear on is the DSi / DSiXL prices are on new or used. Not that I'm in the market right now...

[quote name='whoknows']Finally Mortal Kombat is down to $40.

Thanks Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Joking or are you the best example of a typical GameStop patron?

[quote name='Gosha']I'm debating about getting Devil Survivor 2 or not in the hopes that Atlus releases a 3DS port eventually. Wonder if it'll dip the USED price down to $17.99 too.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want it on 3DS? I've been paying the first one on 3DS, but nothing's even in 3D. You'd think the enemies would be, or the auction house portraits, but nope.

I hope the used price goes down. I already have a sealed copy.

[quote name='bonesawisready']I will probably get Mass Effect 3. Getting it now I probably won't finish until later in the summer so I should be able to time it right for the DLC.

I'm tempted to see if they drop the used price to, but doesn't ME3 have a online pass? So even if somehow the used is $24.99 I should probably go for the $29.99 right?

Either way I have a copy of Black Ops that I need to trade in (well I need to buff out the ring my brother put in it) so it'll take a chunk out of it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, ME3 does use an online pass. Used should run more than $10 less to make it worth it (unless you don't want to play online).

[quote name='elessar123']Why would you want it on 3DS? I've been paying the first one on 3DS, but nothing's even in 3D. You'd think the enemies would be, or the auction house portraits, but nope.

I hope the used price goes down. I already have a sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

For some, it might be because the resolution is native to the 3DS and/or full voice acting throughout.

Personally, I've only played Overclocked, so I can't compare to the vanilla version.

[quote name='woz3323']Yes, ME3 does use an online pass. Used should run more than $10 less to make it worth it (unless you don't want to play online).[/QUOTE]

I swear I heard or read somewhere that GS gives online codes for used games now.

[quote name='whoknows']Finally Mortal Kombat is down to $40.

Thanks Gamestop![/QUOTE]
That price is MSRP for the vanilla edition of the game. Now if it were the Komplete Edition that might be an actual deal.

Of course, if you're just being sarcastic, then ignore this reply.;):booty:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I swear I heard or read somewhere that GS gives online codes for used games now.[/QUOTE]
They do for some, like for used copies of Batman: Arkham City they'll give you the Catwoman code that you'd get if you bought it new.

[quote name='kayne2000']is it good??[/QUOTE]

That game was one of the reasons I invested into the Move itself. After watching reviews, I still want to get it. I think it's hovering around 8.0 rating, but it truly does what the Move is capable. I'm not sure if they're going to release a demo, but a few retail stores are going to get the demo kit if you want to check it out for yourself.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That price is MSRP for the vanilla edition of the game. Now if it were the Komplete Edition that might be an actual deal.

Of course, if you're just being sarcastic, then ignore this reply.;):booty:[/QUOTE]

$30 for the Komplete Edition was a good deal they had recently. Advertising $40 for the vanilla edition is a waste of e-ink. ;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Planning on picking up Sorcery?[/QUOTE]

Eventually, but ya that game is playing into why I want a Nav controller.

[quote name='LouieT']Clarification: Pre-owned Move accessories are 50% off, not new ones. Some stores don't have great selections for pre-owned Move stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. Even if I could find a used Nav controller, I'm not sure I'd want it. I've had bad experiences buying used controllers before.

Used controllers are generally not a good way to go (from GS especially). Better to wait till AWD deal for a slightly damaged box controller. I managed to grab the Camera for $16 from the only Kmart in town (that is now closing). Looking to get the controller for 20 or less. Then I'll grab some of the ridiculous cheap move games clearanced at Target (in the 8s now for Deadmund and carnival town).

[quote name='sylveranking']Used controllers are generally not a good way to go (from GS especially). [/QUOTE]

While I agree with both of those thoughts, the odds are that most move hardware hasn't gotten that much use. A used $12.50 navigation controller might not be a bad deal and if there are problems, it is easy enough to return....But $22.50 for a used motion controller is super weak given GS was selling them for $25 a few weeks back.

[quote name='apterous']The FSI isn't clear on is the DSi / DSiXL prices are on new or used. Not that I'm in the market right now...[/QUOTE]

The DSi and XL have been permanently price dropped to 99.99 and 129.99. Frys Electronics recently had a deal on Sunday 5/20 where you get a $20 gift card with the DSi for 99.99 which I purchased for my little cousin for her birthday :)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Can't believe I bought ME3 on release at full price... still haven't gotten around to playing it. Never again.[/QUOTE]
This :cry:

I paid for it mostly in giftcards so it could be worse, but my backlog is too long and I still haven't gotten to it.

I'd be in for SMT: DS2 if I hadn't been able to get it from Kmart.com for $0.99 shipped ($25 coupon from buying UMvC3 Vita--which, as an aside, I was able to get for $20 due to a free $20 in SYWR points and subsequently trade in to BBY for ~$25--plus a free $5 in SYWR points left me having to just pay for the shipping :razz:).

I'm loving SMT: DS Overclocked so far, so I can only assume I'll similarly enjoy DS2. :D

Wow, I might actually have to set foot in a Gamestop, which I haven't done in a long while. $20 for DS2 is pretty freaking good. I highly doubt I'll get to play it anytime soon though. Meh. BUYING.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'd be in for SMT: DS2 if I hadn't been able to get it from Kmart.com for $0.99 shipped ($25 coupon from buying UMvC3 Vita--which, as an aside, I was able to get for $20 due to a free $20 in SYWR points and subsequently trade in to BBY for ~$25--plus a free $5 in SYWR points left me having to just pay for the shipping :razz:).

I'm loving SMT: DS Overclocked so far, so I can only assume I'll similarly enjoy DS2. :D[/QUOTE]

Vigilante...I love the Avatar pic. Doesn't get much better than the regular show.

bread's done
Back