GameStop Weekly ad 05-23-12

Borellius

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/052312/pdf/olfsi_052312.pdf

Save $50 on DSi now $99.99
Save $40 on DSi XL now$ 129.99

Get 50% discount when you purchase select PRE-OWNED PS Move accessories.

$49.99 ea -
Ridge Racer Unbounded PS3/Xbox

$39.99 ea-
Soul Caliber V PS3/Xbox
Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi PS3/Xbox
Mortal Kombat PS3/Xbox

$29.99 ea-
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3 PS3/Xbox

$19.99 ea -
Devil Survivor 2

Free artbook with purchase of Atelier Meruru.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']I swear I heard or read somewhere that GS gives online codes for used games now.[/QUOTE]

Only for Sony & WB published games.

Gamestop doesn't have that stupid "coupons don't apply to sale prices" policy do they? I was thinking of getting a $20 off Pre-owned coupon and getting ME3 for $8...

[quote name='Vigilante']
tumblr_lqr3o2a7RC1qfhbcf.gif
[/QUOTE]

I APPRECIATE THAT!!! Yeeeeayuh!!!!!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Can't believe I bought ME3 on release at full price... still haven't gotten around to playing it. Never again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kinney_bmx']This :cry:

I paid for it mostly in giftcards so it could be worse, but my backlog is too long and I still haven't gotten to it.[/QUOTE]

Well if you bought it from BBY you got a $20 gc and a price match at $40. I plan that Max Payne 3 will be the same. I also have a rule...No day one games unless you plan to play that week.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well if you bought it from BBY you got a $20 gc and a price match at $40. I plan that Max Payne 3 will be the same. I also have a rule...No day one games unless you plan to play that week.[/QUOTE]
good rule. but i make exceptions like last story that might be hard to find later for anything close to 60 bucks, xenoblade which is going for 70-130 on ebay, and even if i dont buy a wiiu at launch which is likely ill still get a fire emblem wiiu game assuming there is one just to avoid paying more than MSRP for it later on. so i do make some exceptions to that. but i am adopting a strict a strict no more day 1 purchases for the most part. well at least no more paying 60 bucks for it at launch.

and i am not much of a halo whore to not buy halo 4 at launch.

and yea to whoever the 360 is the better console version of ME3 but get it on whatever your save is on. though you can convert a PC save to 360 and vice versa. no idea about ps3.

Xenoblade is selling for nowhere near $70. Brand new copies are hitting near or just below the retail price of $50. If you look at completed listings, a like new copy with the art book went for $51 shipped yesterday. It'll eventually carry a premium in 3-5 years or so simply because it's a good RPG, but it'll never be a rare game. They sold way too many copies and a ton of people bought it just to resell because they thought it was going to be an overnight rarity.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Gamestop doesn't have that stupid "coupons don't apply to sale prices" policy do they? I was thinking of getting a $20 off Pre-owned coupon and getting ME3 for $8...[/QUOTE]

Depends, if the coupon says "does not apply to other discounts," then it might not work. Back when they had the $10 off certain Vita games, I also had one of those coupons, and they would not stack. However, that was an at-register discount, and if this is an actual sticker price change, it should let you use the coupon.

Might be worth calling and asking.

[quote name='kayne2000']http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Xenoblade-C...LH_ItemCondition=1000&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games

i see several copies going for 70

and used

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Xenoblade-C...LH_ItemCondition=1000&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games

several going for 30-50[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not saying people on eBay aren't asking $70-$130 for it, because hell... people are asking $100 for a Sega Saturn demo disc that's worth about $6. What I am saying is that people aren't buying it. Look at what's sold. The new copies of that game are going for slightly under retail, unless it has the art book.

The same thing applies to used copies. Yes, people are asking above new retail price, but no, it isn't selling. The only one of those used copies with any bids approaching the retail value of the game also comes with a classic controller pro in the box. A used copy, will however, hit $50 or just over if it includes the art book. That is to be expected since the art book is actually limited and caries a value of about $15-$20 on its own. Otherwise, used copies of the game are selling between $35 and $40.

And the point is, there's nothing unique about that price point. It is typical eBay value of a game that's been out almost 2 months and has seen no major price drops at retail.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is that Mortal Kombat the Komplete version, or the regular version?[/QUOTE]

regular/vanilla. Komplete is $50.

[quote name='Shaimun']They already lowered Mass Effect 3 used to 27.99. Guess that will be the price of used with the new one for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

used should be $24.99! might as well renew now and use the b2g1 on me3.

Also Last Story isn't going to be a GS exclusive right? The employees kept bothering me when I preorder Xenoblades and went to stores looking for art books.

No, it comes out July 10th and other retailers have it, at least Amazon does... can't say how many more. I assume all of them.

Talking about Last Story, that is.

[quote name='62t']interest in Devil Survivor 2 but worry about a 3DS update.[/QUOTE]

games been out too long for an update + dont think overclock sold that well

for those on the fence about buying it....

It will Take you around 30 hours to do one playthough
around 12 hours for the 2nd playthough
around 10 hours for the 3rd playthough
around 8 hours for the 4th playthough
and around 4 hours for the last playthough

5 plays to see all the endings

Played it saw 4 endings i doubt i would buy it again for 20 (10 yes) 20 pass

I am already looking forward to the 2012 worst retailer award for GameStop and Wal-Mart keeps passing by with their regular MSRP prices.

bread's done
Back