Gamestop Weekly Ad 2/20/2013

[quote name='nnthomas']Is GameStop the only place offering the Dead Island Steelbook? I plan on buying that game anyway, I will pre-order it there.[/QUOTE]

If your BB still has them in stock, you can get them there at the time of Pre-Order. You will need to find the steel case on the shelf in the VG section.

I know a couple of my BB still have them.

[quote name='bob330i']Will take two trips or an incredibly cool rep. Buy new, return new with old reciept.[/QUOTE]

I did this with Starhawk last year when it dropped to $30 for a one day sale. I have two GameStops in my city. Bought a second copy for the $30, then went to the other store and returned one with the first receipt.

Easy peasy.

[quote name='strait edge follower']someone i know needs some ps2 stuff to keep her busy till she gets her wii u, imma investigate these 2 cent games[/QUOTE]

okay

[quote name='matrix9280']okay[/QUOTE]

what a fine productive post good sir !!!!

and yes getting a good friend of mine some great games for cheap is more than ”okay”. thanks to the poster who mentioned more ps2 games dropping to 2 cents ! as for the ad i hope a used dead space 3 shows up in my area before this sale is over :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']what a fine productive post good sir !!!!

and yes getting a good friend of mine some great games for cheap is more than ”okay”. thanks to the poster who mentioned more ps2 games dropping to 2 cents ! as for the ad i hope a used dead space 3 shows up in my area before this sale is over :)[/QUOTE]

Okay.

^HAHAHA.

In other news...Amazon would PM the FC3 deal for this upcoming weekend, yeah? I got some credits to unload there.

[quote name='polly']Is it just me or was this an incredibly fast price drop on Dead Space 3?[/QUOTE]

Idk why, because it's an amazing game. I loved every minute of it.

Am I missing something? Why are the treating Giants like a new product? Or was it maybe sold out universally for a bit?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

[quote name='Marauder7']Last time I tried the employee wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy because I already opened the game. So purchased a new copy and returned it with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]

This is why best buy does 30-day price matching (or 60 for silver members). Why can't GS catch on to this? What a waste of time for both me as the consumer and the company to go through that charade over 10 dollars. It's why I haven't set foot in a GS in years. I did in-store pick up with Ni No Kuni at BBY and it took a simple call to their 888 number to do a price match/adjustment.

[quote name='Speschal K']This is why best buy does 30-day price matching (or 60 for silver members). Why can't GS catch on to this? What a waste of time for both me as the consumer and the company to go through that charade over 10 dollars. It's why I haven't set foot in a GS in years. I did in-store pick up with Ni No Kuni at BBY and it took a simple call to their 888 number to do a price match/adjustment.[/QUOTE]

This is probably why so many of their stores are closing. They aren't interested in what gamers want. They just want $$$ and are too stupid to change their ways.

[quote name='Speschal K']This is why best buy does 30-day price matching (or 60 for silver members). Why can't GS catch on to this? What a waste of time for both me as the consumer and the company to go through that charade over 10 dollars. It's why I haven't set foot in a GS in years. I did in-store pick up with Ni No Kuni at BBY and it took a simple call to their 888 number to do a price match/adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Best buy is looking to drop that for both regular and silver members down to 15 days real soon, so yeah heads up

could be a way to dump off the pokemon games

Pokemon Black Version 2 $22.40
Pokemon HeartGold - Game Only $25.60
Pokemon Platinum Version 19.20
MARIO KART 19.20

is it worth dumpingn those HEARTGOLD AND SOULSILVER OFF FOR 26 each or do you think i could get more on them for ebay... I think not since most look like 30 on ebay and take 4 bucks off for ebay fees

if they take cart only might dump all of them tonight

[quote name='slidecage']could be a way to dump off the pokemon games

MARIO KART 19.20

is it worth dumpingn those HEARTGOLD AND SOULSILVER OFF FOR 26 each or do you think i could get more on them for ebay... I think not since most look like 30 on ebay and take 4 bucks off for ebay fees

if they take cart only might dump all of them tonight[/QUOTE]

Yes GS takes DS games as cart only, no penalties.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Best buy is looking to drop that for both regular and silver members down to 15 days real soon, so yeah heads up[/QUOTE]

Silver members keep 60 day return privilege. The PM offer deceases to 15 days.

[quote name='Donut2922']Silver members keep 60 day return privilege. The PM offer deceases to 15 days.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a link to more information about this? Or is it just rumor at this point?

[quote name='midloo']Anyone have a link to more information about this? Or is it just rumor at this point?[/QUOTE]
It was on yahoo news yesterday

[quote name='Donut2922']Silver members keep 60 day return privilege. The PM offer deceases to 15 days.[/QUOTE]

What exactly does this mean? I can return an item I bought after 15 days, but not adjust the price? If that's the case people will just by the item again at a cheaper price and return it with the old receipt.

Damn, Dead Space drop already. I would grab it but odds are $20 is coming sooner than I expected.

Far Cry 3 (on 360) on the other-hand.... i'm tempted to get because I have a $25 gift card. Any thoughts or recommendations on it? All I heard was good stuff. Hrmmm..

[quote name='mpaullin']What exactly does this mean? I can return an item I bought after 15 days, but not adjust the price? If that's the case people will just by the item again at a cheaper price and return it with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's odd however it makes it impossible to preorder titles and earn the $20 RZ cert while doing post purchase adjustments now since you're not supposed to void the original preorder if you want the $20 cert.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Best buy is looking to drop that for both regular and silver members down to 15 days real soon, so yeah heads up[/QUOTE]

The extended PM time for silver members was probably the only benefit I ever received from being a silver member that I actually used.

[quote name='mpaullin']What exactly does this mean? I can return an item I bought after 15 days, but not adjust the price? If that's the case people will just by the item again at a cheaper price and return it with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to price adjust any purchase with 60 days (PS members). If your item was an initial price match, then you have 15 days if it becomes even cheaper.

For example.

You buy a game for $60 you can price adjust any BB price drops/sales up to 60 days (PS members).

If you buy a game that was priced match at another retailer (Amazon, etc) then you have 15 days regardless of RZ level.

Game was the example I used but the new policy will be any items. Not a bad move on their end.

No, thats wrong.

You can only PM other retailers at time of purchase no matter who you are.

No matter what level you are, you get 15 days to PM if it goes on sale at best buy or bestbuy.com

Regular members only get 15 days to return an item, while silver members still get 60 days to do a return.

[quote name='Deader2818']No, thats wrong.

No matter what level you are, you get 15 days to PM if it goes on sale at best buy or bestbuy.com

Regular members only get 15 days to return an item, while silver members still get 60 days to do a return.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean PS members only (that's why I had it near 60 days). Pretty much what you typed is how it will be.

I'm on a mobile so mods, feel free to delete my post above this.

They will? I guess they will also enjoy losing their ability to return items after they do that a few times.

[quote name='midloo']Anyone have a link to more information about this? Or is it just rumor at this point?[/QUOTE]
You slow like dodo, friend. :booty:

[quote name='Deader2818']No, thats wrong.

Regular members only get 15 days to return an item, while silver members still get 60 days to do a return.[/QUOTE]

The one thing the policy doesn't talk about is PMs after purchase. If you read the policy it states:

"At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor’s store and these designated major online retailers: ....

We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com ®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor’s prices"

It isnt clear (to me at least) if that means no post purchase PMs to any competitors at all, or if there is another policy for PMs against other retailers. If it is the first option, it is actually worse than their current 30 day PM window against other B&M retailers, which I dont think is their intention. Hell, even Target's new policy includes a 7 day (granted it was 15 before) post purchase PM window to any retailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']The one thing the policy doesn't talk about is PMs after purchase. If you read the policy it states:

"At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor’s store and these designated major online retailers: ....

We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com ®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor’s prices"

It isnt clear (to me at least) if that means no post purchase PMs to any competitors at all, or if there is another policy for PMs against other retailers. If it is the first option, it is actually worse than their current 30 day PM window against other B&M retailers, which I dont think is their intention. Hell, even Target's new policy includes a 7 day (granted it was 15 before) post purchase PM window to any retailer.[/QUOTE]

Seems clear to me as was summarized a couple posts above.

The only post purchase PMing is within 15 days by BB stores or BB.com. Only PM available with local retailers occurs is when you purchase the item.

The silver benefits have been severely pruned by reducing the PM possibilities/windows although I PMed MGR yesterday with Fry's.

I'm assuming this new policy will only apply to purchases made after it goes into effect. In other words, for any games (or other stuff) bought before March 3, the old policy would apply, correct?

[quote name='bob330i']Seems clear to me as was summarized a couple posts above.

The only post purchase PMing is within 15 days by BB stores or BB.com. Only PM available with local retailers occurs is when you purchase the item.

The silver benefits have been severely pruned by reducing the PM possibilities/windows although I PMed MGR yesterday with Fry's.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that the benefits of silver are reduced significantly. The only other thing I can find is that the 15-day PM window wont go into effect for silver members until April 18.

"If Best Buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store) we will allow price-matching up to 15 days following the original purchase. This applies to all customers including Reward Zone Premier Silver members. Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

I'm assuming that means silvers can post-purchase PM to BB any purchase within 60 days, assuming it was bought before March 3, and only until April 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']could be a way to dump off the pokemon games

MARIO KART 19.20

if they take cart only might dump all of them tonight[/QUOTE]

seems their email quotes are way off

They are only paying 11 bucks for any pokemon game (Then add 50%)

so around 17 bucks nowhere close to the 25 the emails said
did dump mario kart for 19.xx though

[quote name='nadohawk']I'm guessing B2G1 next week...it was on the last Wednesday of February last year, so...[/QUOTE]
I fuckin hope so. I want to spend my gift cards! I'm also really undecided on Farcry 3...I want it, but can get a lot more for my money if I go B2G1. Missing out on 95% of the PS3 library makes me want to just spend it on used.

bread's done
Back