Gamestop Weekly Ad 7/20-7/26: Spit out your drink in disgust edition

their "sale" on MvC3 is a week late since the "Ultimate Edition" was announced today...

they meant to push off all their old copies at the great sale price of just $39.99

....oh wait that's the msrp for the ultimate edition.... how ironic.

[quote name='Penguin1084']their "sale" on MvC3 is a week late since the "Ultimate Edition" was announced today...

they meant to push off all their old copies at the great sale price of just $39.99

....oh wait that's the msrp for the ultimate edition.... how ironic.[/QUOTE]
Actually it's been on sale for that price for a week already. It's 29.99 new in stores this week, misprinted ad, I guess. I know I'm going to go pick up a second copy of it now.

[quote name='Penguin1084']their "sale" on MvC3 is a week late since the "Ultimate Edition" was announced today...

....oh wait that's the msrp for the ultimate edition.... how ironic.[/QUOTE]

And don't forget you can get this game 10 dollars cheaper at amazon and bestbuy right now

LOl, remember when Gamestop used to have those 30% off used coupons? I haven't set foot in there since last March. Surely their business is going down!

Is The Witcher worth $10? It's about $22 new on Amazon and it seems like a pretty good game, but I never got to play it.

I had to double take when looking at the ad before posting it, man for a place that specializes in games they suck lol. On a side note didn't they bring back the used game deal of the week ? And if so, when is the next one ?

[quote name='YoJoeCool']Is The Witcher worth $10? It's about $22 new on Amazon and it seems like a pretty good game, but I never got to play it.[/QUOTE]If you want a physical copy of the game, it's about as cheap as it's been. Maybe a couple dollars cheaper on NewEgg or Amazon, though it's been as cheap as $5 on Steam.

[quote name='kingkiller33']LOl, remember when Gamestop used to have those 30% off used coupons? I haven't set foot in there since last March. Surely their business is going down![/QUOTE]While the lack of ANY coupons in the weekly ads may have cut down on OUR business, the fact that they don't feel the need to offer them to get people into the stores and spending means that they're doing just fine by their estimation. If GS was struggling, they'd be offering more coupons, not less.

[quote name='DirkBelig']While the lack of ANY coupons in the weekly ads may have cut down on OUR business, the fact that they don't feel the need to offer them to get people into the stores and spending means that they're doing just fine by their estimation. If GS was struggling, they'd be offering more coupons, not less.[/QUOTE]

I can only think of a few reasons why they are going downhill

1) They are doing fine (possible since they have been unloading tons of stock with flippers buying and flipping to BB)

2) they are now running low on stock due to flippers. Since a majority of their profits come from used games, they can't offer good sales on new games because they can't recoup on used games.

3) they are waiting for BB to fail due to BB overinflated TiV and number of people taking advantage of it.

I'm betting on a mix of 1 and 2

I can tell you they lost a ton of my business. I am tired of gameplay guarantees and pre order this game at full price with a meaningless download that everyone will have in a week and by the way its completely useless. I've just had enough especially with the.absolutely pathetic rewards program. Stop buying there and the deals will get better.

[quote name='YoJoeCool']Is The Witcher worth $10? It's about $22 new on Amazon and it seems like a pretty good game, but I never got to play it.[/QUOTE]
The normal price at gog.com is $10 too, so it's not a great deal... unless, as already stated, you want a boxed copy. The gog.com version does come with a bunch of digital extras too.

The only time I go into gamestop anymore is for trade in deals or for games I can't find anywhere else.

Seriously, with their retarded employees, their 10 million do you want to preorder this, preorder that, do you want a disc protection plan... Yes I know they have to say it and yes I know that it's their job, but still just ugh.

Hell my one friend used to work for gamestop years ago and he almost got fired for telling an employee to not buy the gamestop brand because it's ridiculously overpriced.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The normal price at gog.com is $10 too, so it's not a great deal... unless, as already stated, you want a boxed copy. The gog.com version does come with a bunch of digital extras too.[/QUOTE]
If you like physical things, the boxed copy would be the way to go. It's got books, foldouts, making-of DVD, and the soundtracks on CD. Not packaged as fancily as the Euro version, but it's still quite a hefty set.

It won't come with the calendar offered on GOG, though. I don't recall right now, but I think the wallpapers and avatars also aren't included in the boxed version.

I am so glad that BB is making the big push to get the gaming dollar; hopefully MSRP-Stop will start to feel the hurt this holiday season. Maybe then they'll offer some actual deals again!

[quote name='sgaldis']I am so glad that BB is making the big push to get the gaming dollar; hopefully MSRP-Stop will start to feel the hurt this holiday season. Maybe then they'll offer some actual deals again![/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised. Getting a giftcard for anything in the store is highly tempting for a lot of people. Myself included.

[quote name='iamsmart']Why are the ads even posted if they're so terrible?[/QUOTE]

As bad as they have been latley I post them cause lots of people ( particulary the non cag shoppers ) will be curious to see what the ad is for the week. It's not just us on this site who view these ads you know

SimpsonsSpit-Take.jpg

FYI, Monster Hunter Tri for 19.99 is an excellent deal, if you like that sort of game. You can log hundreds of hours into it easily. I don't play it anymore, but the online is amazing if you can get a good group to hunt with.

Next week's "steal of the week" is a coupon for 10% off purchases of 100 dollars or more! Only costs 5,000 rewards points.

JK, but not too far off. Gamestop is the bane of our existence. Their slogan "power to the players" is matched only by FOX News' "fair and balanced"

[quote name='strait edge follower']Smurfs dance party ? Lmao whoever made that game shown in the ad should have their heads stuffed in burning sand[/QUOTE]

Bite your tongue. I preordered that game months ago just for the exclusive Smurfette Lingerie DLC.

[quote name='bgame2']Bite your tongue. I preordered that game months ago just for the exclusive Smurfette Lingerie DLC.[/QUOTE]

Lol, she always seemed sluty to me. Then again, being the only piece of poonani in the smurfs village leaves you susceptible to major whorage

[quote name='jollydwarf']GameStop is for soccer moms 'n' suckers, 'n' stupid mother--ahem! F the 'stop.[/QUOTE]

90% of the time, yes. But every now and then if you catch the right set of stackable deals and/or a B2G1 sale, you can do ok. And that's the only time I ever shop there anymore.

Gamestop doesn't need to worry about having decent deals. They get all the casuals and lazy people like my friend who goes there because it's the closest place.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']90% of the time, yes. But every now and then if you catch the right set of stackable deals and/or a B2G1 sale, you can do ok. And that's the only time I ever shop there anymore.[/QUOTE]
This.
It only happens about 2 or 3 times a year.
Also, see the sig. below my gamercard. :D

Well, ****. i just got a powerup rewards pro account not too long ago after trading in some games at GS. I was unaware that all these TiV promos would suddenly pop up out of hell to mock me!

But regret aside, i saw a mom walk into gamestop and buy a Transformers game for her son for $50. Not that i was eavesdropping, but apparently he wanted Plants Vs. Zombies, and she wouldn't let him get that. I had to stop myself from LOLing because i knew that PVZ would beat any Transformers game any day...

[quote name='Smart Aleck']Well, ****. i just got a powerup rewards pro account not too long ago after trading in some games at GS. I was unaware that all these TiV promos would suddenly pop up out of hell to mock me!

But regret aside, i saw a mom walk into gamestop and buy a Transformers game for her son for $50. Not that i was eavesdropping, but apparently he wanted Plants Vs. Zombies, and she wouldn't let him get that. I had to stop myself from LOLing because i knew that PVZ would beat any Transformers game any day...[/QUOTE]

the new one or war for cybertron. WFC is pretty good, I'm not sure about the movie one though. If i had to choice i would pick WFC even though that price is a god damn joke.

[quote name='donkeydrop']I guess the OP doesn't read his email before clicking the links

wa_620x150_50percenttrade.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that was already posted on the trade in thread over a week ago. No need to include that on this thread.

bread's done
Back