Gamestop Weekly Ad: 8/30 ME 3 $19.99, MK: Ultimate $19.99

Too bad BBY won't Price Match AND let you use the @Gamer coupons.

This explains why there's a Lollipop Chainsaw coupon in the newest @Gamers magazine though!

I do wonder if Lollipop and Max Payne are universal price drops. That would be nice especially if BBY drops it to $40 and then you can use the coupon.

[quote name='bob330i']ME3 also? Did it bomb in sales and/or did it suck?[/QUOTE]

Neither. Now with the better ending sequence the game is great. Sold well also. With DLC it is still a $40 game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do wonder if Lollipop and Max Payne are universal price drops. That would be nice especially if BBY drops it to $40 and then you can use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was also wondering if a couple of the games on the ad were universal price drops, not just sale prices for Gamestop.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Neither. Now with the better ending sequence the game is great. Sold well also. With DLC it is still a $40 game.[/QUOTE]

I thought so. That's why I found it odd it dropped to $20 already. Thanks for the note.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do wonder if Lollipop and Max Payne are universal price drops. That would be nice especially if BBY drops it to $40 and then you can use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

My guess (and hope) is yes, it will be universal. Most the time when Gamestop lists games under "price drop", they are universal (from my experiences anyway).

[quote name='bob330i']ME3 also? Did it bomb in sales and/or did it suck?[/QUOTE]

Got bad press over the original endings. The game had other flaws imo - your character says A LOT without your input, lame fetch quests, your 'big' choices in the last two games don't really matter - but the ending was the biggest one They released the free 'extended cut' dlc to improve it and give some closure. It's a good game with some good ideas - much more customization than two being the best one. It's just not AS good as the first two.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Neither. Now with the better ending sequence the game is great. Sold well also. With DLC it is still a $40 game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but sales dropped off quite a bit when the complaints about the ending started piling up. To be fair, ME1 and 2 dropped in price fairly quick also but not as fast

I presume you mean Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. Right? If so I may be in for that at $20. Especially if I can part with 4 games and get the 25% trade-in bonus. SSX for sure, but I can't decide on 3 others and I hate to not get the bonus. Hmm.

I keep hoping they'll release a complete Mass Effect package with all 3 games and all their DLC on disc someday.

[quote name='morrodox']I keep hoping they'll release a complete Mass Effect package with all 3 games and all their DLC on disc someday.[/QUOTE]

Next generation console… maybe

seems like GS is already trying to clear out ME3s... EA must be releasing a complete edition. hope thats the case coz i hate buying DLCs for games. i rather have everything in one disc and in one purchase.

i have a $5 down for RE ORC before but i never picked it up due to bad reviews. with $14+tax out of pocket seems like a good buy dont you think?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']seems like GS is already trying to clear out ME3s... EA must be releasing a complete edition. hope thats the case coz i hate buying DLCs for games. i rather have everything in one disc and in one purchase.

i have a $5 down for RE ORC before but i never picked it up due to bad reviews. with $14+tax out of pocket seems like a good buy dont you think?[/QUOTE]

I got it for $15 at best buy last month and I think it was worth all of it. It is also more fun multiplayer.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I got it for $15 at best buy last month and I think it was worth all of it. It is also more fun multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is fun. Am currently playing it & am enjoying game.

whats everyones opinion on how me3 runs on ps3? I hear the framerate constantly dips below 20, is this game still enjoyable with its technical faults? Loved ME2 when I had my xbox but I've sold it and only have a ps3.

Gonna pick up a used copy of me 3 then use my $5 off coupon. Flip that copy to BB for $21 and use that credit to buy a new copy when it goes on sale and still have hopefully some credit left over to buy bf3.

This sale actually has me considering picking up a Vita. While I'm not a fan of Madden, or sports games in general, that Vita Madden bundle goes for the same price as the regular Vita bundle. And getting Hot Shots Golf and a 4GB card in the mix? I happen to be very fond of the Hot Shots series, and would have picked a copy of that up anyway. Might have to finally pull the trigger on a Vita acquisition.

I priced matched Deus ex at gamestop and used an @gamer coupon last October or something. Why is everyone saying you can't do that with lollipopchainsaw? Pretty sure deus ex was on sale at Gs when I did the pm too...

[quote name='Arachnicide']I priced matched Deus ex at gamestop and used an @gamer coupon last October or something. Why is everyone saying you can't do that with lollipopchainsaw? Pretty sure deus ex was on sale at Gs when I did the pm too...[/QUOTE]
It is a system restriction to not allow any coupons to be used with a price match. You must of had a manager who manually deducted the cost of the coupon on top of the price match.

[quote name='toejam901']will best buy price match for ME 3? I want to use my gift card.[/QUOTE]

I believe this particular weekly sale is going to have print-outs that you could pick up at GameStop. Grab a copy of that and wave it at Best Buy and they will price match.

[quote name='popular penguin'][quote name='TaylorM06']Too bad BBY won't Price Match AND let you use the @Gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]Oh darn. There goes my plan.[/QUOTE]

Well it worked for me once, the only time I tried it. I got Street Fighter x Tekken PS3 at BestBuy for $10 by PMing GameStop for $30 then using the $20 off @Gamer coupon. It requires the managers override to work, so it would depend on the manager's decision.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Does Gamestop do price adjustments and if so after how many days... Just freaking got ME3 not to long ago for $39.99 lol[/QUOTE]

Sadly they don't. When you buy a game from them, make sure your happy with the price. That sucks man.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Does Gamestop do price adjustments and if so after how many days... Just freaking got ME3 not to long ago for $39.99 lol[/QUOTE]

Buy a new copy at the sale price, return the sealed copy with your old receipt.

[quote name='Richard Kain']This sale actually has me considering picking up a Vita. While I'm not a fan of Madden, or sports games in general, that Vita Madden bundle goes for the same price as the regular Vita bundle. And getting Hot Shots Golf and a 4GB card in the mix? I happen to be very fond of the Hot Shots series, and would have picked a copy of that up anyway. Might have to finally pull the trigger on a Vita acquisition.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a Vita owner who likes the system, I'd say if you've waited this long it would be silly not to wait until BF when there will almost certainly be some killer deals on the system. Especially since you said yourself that Madden doesn't interest you.

do price drops in the weekly ad mean that it is a permanent price drop or is it only temporary? thinking of purchasing ME3. Thanks.

damn... someone I first read it as MW3. not ME3... but I'll pick it up anyway as I wanted to get into the Mass Effect series.

[quote name='black_hand313']Got bad press over the original endings. The game had other flaws imo - your character says A LOT without your input, lame fetch quests, your 'big' choices in the last two games don't really matter - but the ending was the biggest one They released the free 'extended cut' dlc to improve it and give some closure. It's a good game with some good ideas - much more customization than two being the best one. It's just not AS good as the first two.[/QUOTE]

dont forget the ME3 journal "system".

Anyway, still a good game EASILY worth $20...Cant believe I bought the $80 CE at launch from GS :(

It sold really well at launch so now they are lowering the price to get even more people to buy it.

I'm guessing they made a profit just from launch sales so they can afford to do this for people who are on the fence about the game.

[quote name='argyle']Coming from a Vita owner who likes the system, I'd say if you've waited this long it would be silly not to wait until BF when there will almost certainly be some killer deals on the system. Especially since you said yourself that Madden doesn't interest you.[/QUOTE]

Too late. I picked one up yesterday during my errands. You might end up being right about Black Friday. With the Vita's current performance, it wouldn't surprise me to see some attractive bundles come out for BF. But I decided not to wait. This bundle came with everything I needed to get started with a Vita, and included a game that I definitely did want. (Hot Shots Golf)

I had been planning on getting one of these eventually anyway. I may have pulled the trigger a little too early, but I don't think I'm going to regret it.

I wanna try and have Best Buy price match MK Komplete because I can trade in my vanilla copy of Mortal Kombat for $16 after 100% at BB. Do you think it'd work if I printed out the online ad instead of getting an in-store copy?

bread's done
Back